PDA

View Full Version : hey guys, do you go to a barber or do you go to a salon?

TurdBerglar
01-24-2009, 12:16 PM
scissor cut = salon

fade and short hair = barber

i go to both depending on what i want for a haircut. there's a buch of guys out there that think it's pretty fruity of me that i would go to a salon to get my hair cut by a woman. woman are just so much better with the scissors and dudes are better with the clippers.

Adam
01-24-2009, 12:43 PM
£4 barber myself.

RobMoney$
01-24-2009, 01:06 PM
I've been going to the same Barber since I was a kid.
Actually, old man Ferro owned it until he passed when he was about 90 yrs. old.
The son Kenny is now cutting my hair, he's 62.

Anyway, old man Ferro achieved the clipper length of a men's haircut using only scissors.
Old World precission with the scissor.

I love that Barber shop.
One chair and old pics of Sinatra and Rocky Marciano and such everywhere and oldies on the radio.

Adam
01-24-2009, 01:33 PM
something for the weekend?

- I've never been asked that but apparently some place still do offer out condoms!

I love old style barber shops. I wanted to go to one like they had in The Desmonds - not sure who will remember that, but since I've been reminded of it I think I'll try and find a download :-)

Thanks!

roosta
01-24-2009, 02:21 PM
a salon!! i bet you pee sitting down too!!!! :eek:

Freebasser
01-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Me bird cuts me 'air, an' if she dunt then ahhh trim et.

Drederick Tatum
01-24-2009, 03:16 PM
hang out with a nice young lady who massages my head or with an old dude who smells like moths. tough choice.

Adam
01-24-2009, 03:22 PM
hang out with a nice young lady who massages my head or with an old dude who smells like moths. tough choice.

honestly I'd choose the old man. I'd imagine the nice young lady is probably obsessed with hair and that is as far as the conversation gets.

Plus a hair cut should be less than 10 minutes, unless you have some sort of crazy hair do then treatment yeah - but only if you can't do it yourself!

I fuck with my hair more than most people but if I had to queue or sit still for more than 15 minutes while some1 faffs around me, I'm gone!

Kid Presentable
01-24-2009, 08:10 PM
I went to a salon and got my skull massaged yesterday, and it was quasi-sexual as all get-out

funk63
01-24-2009, 08:12 PM
I havent had my hair cut in a year but I usually cut my own hair when I do.

jabumbo
01-24-2009, 10:38 PM
i went to a barber for a while when i lived near the place, but i end up going to the chain places most of the time since they are relatively cheap and convenient.

i've been putting off getting a cut for about 2 weeks now because i dont want to have to kill my entire evening based around getting the stupid thing done.

Kid Presentable
01-24-2009, 10:58 PM
I mean, it moved.

RobMoney$
01-24-2009, 11:44 PM
Mr. Ferro trims my nose hair, eyebrows, and ear hair like a Surgeon.
Now where are you gonna find a ditzy blonde that you trust to go in your nose and ears with scissors to do all that for $13?

Bob
01-24-2009, 11:48 PM
i go to a nearby barber, a place called "charlie's" where there are two guys, charlie and an associate of some sort. the first few times i went, i had charlie, and he gave me a really good haircut for a really good price, which is big for me because i have very difficult hair. and i've been going there for months now, but every time i go lately, i get the other guy, because everyone there waits for charlie, and i'm in the position of either getting the other guy or saying "oh no, i'm also waiting for charlie" and having to awkwardly watch him do nothing while two customers wait for charlie

the other guy is just good enough for me to not want to do that, but he's no charlie

paul jones
01-25-2009, 02:57 AM
I go to the barbers.It's a very popular one and cheap and there's always 5 guys barbering.the place will not suffer the recession at all.

ET
01-25-2009, 03:02 AM
Salon. I've had the same person do my hair for about 20 years. She knows my head better than any other woman ever will.

paul jones
01-25-2009, 03:04 AM
Salon. I've had the same person do my hair for about 20 years. She knows my head better than any other woman ever will.

and I bet you know her tits pretty well too

Audio.
01-25-2009, 05:43 AM
I like the barbershop. For some reason the salons smell like damp farts and other sticky materials.

mikizee
01-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Salon. Thats cos my hairdresser is the most gorgeous and sexiest girl in the world, and also the best hairdresser. Its worth the extra 20 bucks to stare at her dreamily for 30 mins every 6 weeks.