PDA

View Full Version : New Jigga

Lex Diamonds
01-28-2009, 12:02 AM
Here. Thoughts? (http://allhiphop.com/stories/multimedia__music/archive/2009/01/27/20816404.aspx)

What are everyone's hopes/expectations for BP3? I maintain that Jay is the most consistent artist in rap. Kingdom Come and American Gangster have both grown on me so I think he's still got what it takes to release a significant album.

roosta
01-28-2009, 03:10 AM
oh, i didn't really like that.

beat was weak.

Planetary
01-28-2009, 07:30 AM
i actually quite like it. It's a fresh theme as far as jays other recent releases are concerned and the flow and beat are nice.

Micodin
01-28-2009, 07:45 AM
I liked Swagga Like Us, Jockin' Jay-Z, & Brooklyn Go Hard a lot!

This new track was a dud in my opinion.

Lyman Zerga
01-28-2009, 11:54 AM
aslong as he doesnt add that annoying voice mutilate thingie to his songs like most other hip hop artists do these days im ok with it

faz
01-28-2009, 09:02 PM
I liked Swagga Like Us, Jockin' Jay-Z, & Brooklyn Go Hard a lot!

This new track was a dud in my opinion.

I'm kinda the same.

I'm also currently pretty gay for his remix of jeezys "my president" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkGJS02_Zbc)

mickill
01-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Sounds like one of those really gay songs sprinkled towards end of the Blueprint 2, like Ballad For A Fallen Soldier or As One. He's on his adult contemporary shit on this one. I feel like the beat's a leftover from Nas' last album. This is like some shit for when you just want to roll around in your Subaru Forester.

funk63
01-29-2009, 06:27 PM
I'm kinda the same.

I'm also currently pretty gay for his remix of jeezys "my president" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkGJS02_Zbc)

My god, did you read any of the comments on that thing? Racism is alive and well in the text comments on youtube.
And to be honest, I think the song is garbage. This is the Obama joint? Gimme a break. Jay-Z had some nice lines but this song is on that boozy. they could of done alot better, and a lot less obnoxious song. HIP HOP IS DEAD

faz
01-29-2009, 06:43 PM
And to be honest, I think the song is garbage. This is the Obama joint? Gimme a break. Jay-Z had some nice lines but this song is on that boozy. they could of done alot better, and a lot less obnoxious song. HIP HOP IS DEAD

Yeah, don't get me wrong, the original is meh. I'm pretty sure my thought process went as follows.

"My president is black" - Alright, this could be a good song. A good message.
"my lambos blue" - ....oh

But I quite like jay's part on it.

Micodin
01-29-2009, 06:46 PM
HIP HOP IS DEAD

No, Hip-Hop is quite alive. People that can't find the innovative new shit are either

(a) lazy

(b) damn ignorant to keep using that phrase from 2006 as a crutch.

Go to some local shows, look for some upcoming talent, or buy a drum machine and a sampler and make some beats yourself.

There were a lot of great Hip-Hop records coming out last year and this year. Stop being a hater.

funk63
01-29-2009, 06:49 PM
(a) lazy

ding ding ding
actually I was just saying in a joking way. I know theres some good stuff out there but unfortunately its burried under alot of crap.