PDA

View Full Version : i have so much goddamn change

Bob
02-06-2009, 10:18 PM
i've been lazy with my change

i generally only spend paper money; when i get coins, i put them in my pocket, bring them home, throw them in a bag, and never touch them again. so if something costs me $2.05, it basically costs me $3.00. i've been doing this for...i don't know...at least 8 years i'd guess.

today i've decided to sort through it and bring it to the bank. i've got four very heavy sacks of money, sorted into pennies, quarters, dimes and nickels. i don't have any coin rolls at the moment so i don't know exactly how much i have, but i've been fondling the quarter bag and it's just been bugging me and i need to know how much i have, so i started counting it and arranging it in stacks on my desk

i'm about halfway through the bag and there's $160 of quarters on my desk. i think i'm gonna buy a hooker

Bob
02-06-2009, 10:24 PM
better plan: i'm going to fill my bathtub with them

jabumbo
02-06-2009, 10:28 PM
right after i graduated, i went through my change and rolled as much of it as i could.

i ended up with 35 rolls of quarters, 15 rolls of dimes, 17 rolls of nickels and i stopped with the pennies after about 40.

i used them to pay my rent because i was absolutely broke by then

Bob
02-06-2009, 10:40 PM
right after i graduated, i went through my change and rolled as much of it as i could.

i ended up with 35 rolls of quarters, 15 rolls of dimes, 17 rolls of nickels and i stopped with the pennies after about 40.

i used them to pay my rent because i was absolutely broke by then

yep, that'll be my boat right there

funk63
02-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Go around pegging hobos with em.

Bob
02-06-2009, 10:50 PM
final count: $264 of quarters

and that's just the ones in the bag, i still have a bunch lying around on my floor and desk

my money trouble is over! for half a month!

Dorothy Wood
02-06-2009, 10:56 PM
whoa, nice, I counted my change recently and I think I only had like $70. still pretty nice, err, chunk of...change.

I should probably roll it up. or just keep collecting it.

Bob
02-06-2009, 11:15 PM
i started missing the feeling of money in my hands, so now i'm counting the dimes

i found a canadian (or something) nickel. it looks exactly like a dime, so it's double the value! i'm a bona fide hustler

Dorothy Wood
02-06-2009, 11:17 PM
make sure you wash your hands when you're done, money is really dirty. you don't want to give your weiner a disease.

Yetra Flam
02-06-2009, 11:19 PM
bob doesn't touch his weiner

TurdBerglar
02-06-2009, 11:20 PM
i have a treasure chest of change

Lyman Zerga
02-06-2009, 11:21 PM
what the fuck is wrong with a money smelling cock?

mikizee
02-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Obama has truly brought change to America. Or Bob, at least.

Bob
02-06-2009, 11:36 PM
make sure you wash your hands when you're done, money is really dirty. you don't want to give your weiner a disease.

yeah, i'm washing my hands pretty regularly but it's not getting the money smell off

or the dust

or the greed

or the POWER

Dorothy Wood
02-06-2009, 11:39 PM
you have to actually use soap and water, squirting hand sanitizer in your hands every ten minutes isn't going to work.

TimDoolan
02-06-2009, 11:41 PM
i have so much goddamn change

Me too my president is black.

Lyman Zerga
02-07-2009, 12:18 AM
bob makes money smell like cock

ToucanSpam
02-07-2009, 01:37 AM
Every 3-4 months I'll roll my change and I've got myself an extra 20-30 dollars to put towards something. Totally worth hanging on to loose change.

Bob
02-07-2009, 02:28 AM
final count: $412.97

nobody rob me plz lol

jennyb
02-07-2009, 02:47 AM
wow NICE (y)

I have this huge change stash I'm thinkin... next venture to Vegas I'ma gamble it all away. Because technically it doesn't exist in my budget so hey why not see if I can double it.

Bob
02-07-2009, 02:49 AM
wow NICE (y)

I have this huge change stash I'm thinkin... next venture to Vegas I'ma gamble it all away. Because technically it doesn't exist in my budget so hey why not see if I can double it.

that's the nice thing about change. you write it off even as the cashiers are putting it in your hand, so when you finally get around to accounting for it, it's like free money

that's probably why the government keeps it in circulation

Adam
02-07-2009, 04:47 AM
Yeah, gamble it away.

Stick it inside bandits - you'll either lose it all or come out with about 50% of what you had. Either way, its fun.

Oh yeah - America has funny gambling laws don't ya. Like can only gamble certain states or something.

Think of you most hated shop and spend it all there. I have some change but no where near that much - I put them in whisky tubes

Bob
02-07-2009, 05:00 AM
yeah it's all actually probably going towards booze one way or the other

come to think of it i probably already have spent $412.97 on booze that i probably should have spent on something else so this is just a bonus (except i'm spending it on more booze)

Lyman Zerga
02-07-2009, 11:12 AM
i would never spend much money on something that soon turns into piss or puke, but thats just me

Fern
02-07-2009, 08:37 PM
I do the same shit. I obcess over it. I make it a point to never spent coinage

hpdrifter
02-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Coinstar that shit

Dorothy Wood
02-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Coinstar that shit

qft

Rock
02-09-2009, 09:56 AM
better plan: i'm going to fill my bathtub with them

with hookers or with the change?

Waus
02-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Me too my president is black.

I was seriously going to say something about this thread title being a good campaign slogan for Obama.

Nuzzolese
02-09-2009, 02:20 PM
That's the most money I've ever heard of someone counting up with just their leftover pocket change. Nice job! Don't you kind of want to just keep it and see how much more you can save up?

You could start a savings account and it would accrue interest every month.
I think coinstar charges you, so don't do that.

My bank lets me deposite it in loose coin form, they don't even make me roll it into those paper cylindars. And I've gotten lucky a few times, taking in my loose change with a few dollar coins in there - the bank's change-sorter dumps all the dollar coins into a chamber without counting them, so when it was done, the cashier didn't know how many of the dollar coins in the chamber were mine. So I got to keep all of them!

This is a really boring story, I know, but whatever, screw you, richie rich.

I'm sorry I said that. I take it back. Good for you, saving up like that!

King PSYZ
02-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Bob, you should totally do a Scrooge McDuck with that shit before cashing it in...

And welcome back Nuzz...:eek:

Bob
02-10-2009, 08:09 AM
That's the most money I've ever heard of someone counting up with just their leftover pocket change. Nice job! Don't you kind of want to just keep it and see how much more you can save up?

You could start a savings account and it would accrue interest every month.
I think coinstar charges you, so don't do that.

My bank lets me deposite it in loose coin form, they don't even make me roll it into those paper cylindars. And I've gotten lucky a few times, taking in my loose change with a few dollar coins in there - the bank's change-sorter dumps all the dollar coins into a chamber without counting them, so when it was done, the cashier didn't know how many of the dollar coins in the chamber were mine. So I got to keep all of them!

This is a really boring story, I know, but whatever, screw you, richie rich.

I'm sorry I said that. I take it back. Good for you, saving up like that!

i can honestly say that that's the most interesting story about pocket change that i've heard today

AceFace
02-10-2009, 09:38 AM
i thought about Bob last night when Leno made a joke about "Spare change we can believe in".

i never watch Leno either, it musta been fate.

ms.peachy
02-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Did I just see Nuzzolese?!

re: change - I have a bucket that has just 1p and 2p coins in it. Pain in the ass because even if I totalled it all, it would hardly be worth the time it would take me to count it. So one of these days (before we move, for sure!) I am going to just walk down the high street with it and the first scruffy bum that asks me if I have any spare change is gonna get a lot more than he bargained for.

Adam
02-10-2009, 10:00 AM
British banks hate change to. They even dispute giving you the bags to put change into them. Even when you have a business account.

You should dump all that change onto those pavement artists that cause the whole god damn pavement to be blocked.

easy 3
02-10-2009, 10:32 AM
I save my coins in whiskey jars like my man Adam here.

I've basically been living off my spare change since Saturday with the proceeds of odd e-bay sales coming through every few days to help make ends meet as I've booked a holiday that I can't afford. (Just to clarify - I used a coinstar machine on the weekend when my bank was closed and it took 7.9%)

It's pay day this Friday - I'm going to go out for some cocktails with my girl.

Word.

easy 3
02-10-2009, 10:44 AM
British banks hate change too. They even dispute giving you the bags to put change into them. Even when you have a business account.

I used to be a bank cashier (....engineer, I wear cotton but I don't wear sheer!) for Northern Rock (oi - shut it!) and we literally used to refuse large coin deposits - we didn't have the staff or machinery to cope with that sort of behaviour.

I think the dispute over change bags stems from small time drug dealers using them for bagging up weed and stuff - just wear a shirt and they don't normally bat an eyelid.

Nuzzolese
02-10-2009, 10:59 AM
What if you got one of those fisherman's vests with all the little pockets, and you loaded them with all your coins, then went downtown with one of those twirly-whirly police-car-top alarms on your head and some horns strapped to your body. Then when someone begged you for some change, you could hit the alarm and horns and dump all the change out all over the sidewalk yelling "jackpot!"

Adam
02-10-2009, 11:10 AM
I used to be a bank cashier (....engineer, I wear cotton but I don't wear sheer!) for Northern Rock (oi - shut it!) and we literally used to refuse large coin deposits - we didn't have the staff or machinery to cope with that sort of behaviour.

I think the dispute over change bags stems from small time drug dealers using them for bagging up weed and stuff - just wear a shirt and they don't normally bat an eyelid.

Well I was self employed. I did generally have blue hair.

But I used to work for HBOS and they had the same policy of just not being helpful. Sandwich bags are better for weed anyway, you can air seal them to stop any smell coming out. Banks in the UK need to start providing a service rather than basically coming something you have to fight to get your money.

AceFace
02-10-2009, 11:38 AM
What if you got one of those fisherman's vests with all the little pockets, and you loaded them with all your coins, then went downtown with one of those twirly-whirly police-car-top alarms on your head and some horns strapped to your body. Then when someone begged you for some change, you could hit the alarm and horns and dump all the change out all over the sidewalk yelling "jackpot!"
that is fucking genius! (y)