PDA

View Full Version : Spain...on the road again

Nuzzolese
02-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Has anyone seen this show? I hate it, but I love it.

http://www.spainontheroadagain.com/

Most of it is basically these four priveleged rich people travelling around, espousing in rather bland language how wonderful everything is while the camera films them looking at stuff. I don't know why I love it.

Author/journalist Mark Bittman and Spanish actress Claudia Bassols are not painful to watch, they seem to actually know a lot about Spain and food.

Chef Mario Batali hits on Claudia and Gwyneth Paltrow all the time and gets insecure anytime another Spanish man shows up, but you can tell Gwyneth is usually too self-involved to notice.

Drederick Tatum
02-11-2009, 06:09 PM
sounds not dissimilar to Vicky Christina Barcelona, which was dire.

b i o n i c
02-11-2009, 08:13 PM
i was going to write do this thread except to say, i like seeing spain, but gwyneth paltrow is a douche. all she does is half eat things then half cover her mumbling mouth with the back of her hand and say mmm, mmhmmm and mostly agree with the fat guy and take every opportubity to use her wannabe aristocratic throaty spanish while agreeing with people. i likw seeing spain though, the scenery's good

Dorothy Wood
02-11-2009, 09:22 PM
I couldn't get past the first 15 minutes of the first episode, it was just so god awful boring. maybe it gets better after they stop explaining that they're celebrities traveling through spain.

checkyourprez
02-11-2009, 10:47 PM
spain is 27-0-2 in its last 29 games. that is quite the streak for international football.

Drederick Tatum
02-12-2009, 05:01 AM
I think the chef guy has been testing the soup a few too many times ifyouknowwhatIsayin.

edit: he's wearing sausages as a scarf (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_q67_P0orBB0/SSi5LlSJoSI/AAAAAAAABes/Zjya5Vk7maQ/s400/marioBatali.jpeg.jpg) for god's sake

na§tee
02-12-2009, 01:08 PM
I think the chef guy has been testing the soup a few too many times ifyouknowwhatIsayin.
heehe.

A peek at the diary of Gwyneth Paltrow (from the guardian)

I'm throwing myself into Goop.com, my deeply called-for website wherein I order the huddled masses to nourish something called their "inner aspect" via the medium of newsletter communiqués in which I tell them how to cook these amazing things called pancakes, or to get on the non-celebrity waiting list for these amazing cashmere tea towels they just have to have. In the To Read section, I recommend a hidden gem called Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy.

Why did I decide to share myself and my greatest finds in this generous way? Because I could no longer resist the demand. I am the person my friends ask when they want to know: "I am redoing this bathroom, and I want a sink that looks midcentury, but a contemporary version of mid-century. Where should I go?" Often they'll add, "Run along now, Gwyneth, I'll time you!" and then go back to talking among themselves.

Of course, there are a few detractors, but, like I keep telling interviewers, I feel sorry for them. Not liking what I do isn't a choice, or a value judgment. It's to do with negative energy, and eventually that negative energy will destroy you. Literally - there's been some very interesting scientific research done into how negative energy can actually vaporise people who allow it to take over their inner aspect. These people are really the walking wounded. Ironically, they're the very ones my joy-free turnip cake and bowel cleanse could help the most, but they've shut their bitter hearts and Luddite colons to it. I pity them.

b i o n i c
02-12-2009, 04:25 PM
my joy-free turnip cake and bowel cleanse

what the fuck

Dorothy Wood
02-12-2009, 07:56 PM
heehe.

I'm throwing myself into Goop.com, my deeply called-for website wherein I order the huddled masses to nourish something called their "inner aspect" via the medium of newsletter communiqués in which I tell them how to cook these amazing things called pancakes, or to get on the non-celebrity waiting list for these amazing cashmere tea towels they just have to have. In the To Read section, I recommend a hidden gem called Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy.

Why did I decide to share myself and my greatest finds in this generous way? Because I could no longer resist the demand. I am the person my friends ask when they want to know: "I am redoing this bathroom, and I want a sink that looks midcentury, but a contemporary version of mid-century. Where should I go?" Often they'll add, "Run along now, Gwyneth, I'll time you!" and then go back to talking among themselves.

Of course, there are a few detractors, but, like I keep telling interviewers, I feel sorry for them. Not liking what I do isn't a choice, or a value judgment. It's to do with negative energy, and eventually that negative energy will destroy you. Literally - there's been some very interesting scientific research done into how negative energy can actually vaporise people who allow it to take over their inner aspect. These people are really the walking wounded. Ironically, they're the very ones my joy-free turnip cake and bowel cleanse could help the most, but they've shut their bitter hearts and Luddite colons to it. I pity them.

wait, what? is that for real? what a terrible and pretentious mess. unless that's the joke of it?

na§tee
02-12-2009, 08:00 PM
haha! no, someone is taking the piss, ya fannies :) they're just pretending to be gwyneth.. sounds accurate though, eh? see, it's not too far beyond what she would say! (have you check out her website? my lord)

Nuzzolese
02-16-2009, 10:46 AM
She has a website? What is it?!

Nuzzolese
02-16-2009, 10:51 AM
sounds not dissimilar to Vicky Christina Barcelona, which was dire.

What compelled you to see this? Did you know it was Woody Allen beforehand? I saw some clips and previews and it looked more offensive to women than The Women.

na§tee
02-16-2009, 11:12 AM
She has a website? What is it?!
ooooh yes. well, more of a newsletter... GOOP (http://www.goop.com/).

b i o n i c
02-16-2009, 02:01 PM
what a cunt that gwyneth paltrow. i tried to like her, i tried. the shit they eat/do on that show is cool, i just cant get past gp's cuntiness

Nuzzolese
02-16-2009, 02:10 PM
I tried to read the newsletter but I think my computer is too bloated or something, or isn't in touch with its inner aspect. I connected to some of her entries via google. She seems like a bad choice for the Spain show, the way she preaches avoidance of alcohol, dairy, heavy animal fats, and simple carbs.

I guess I don't really need any suggestions on which luxury hotel to choose when I'm in london, or what I would wear if I were a rich, leggy blonde.

funk63
02-16-2009, 02:12 PM
What is this some kind of fag european shit?

Dorothy Wood
02-16-2009, 03:14 PM
ooooh yes. well, more of a newsletter... GOOP (http://www.goop.com/).

oh. my. god.

just terrible.

Is she the one who might realize that her writing may possibly be of all things that I have read on the internet (and in books), the most unnecessarily verbose kind of writing that is utilized to make such simple and basic points?

seriously, this sentence made my left eyeball fall out:
"Simply regard yourself as the child we are asking about, no matter your age, and see what comes up for you."

uh, what?

na§tee
02-16-2009, 03:23 PM
haha, i know! entertaining in its shockingness, huh? someone described her as sounding like the product of an apocalypse-heralding union between gillian mckeith (crazy detox diet lady on uk tv) and mary poppins.

she's a celebrity, of course she's prone to narcissism, but geez almighty.. NOURISH THE INNER ASPECT. i am a lesser woman because i do not eat, do, make, play, shit like gwyneth paltrow. even with her instruction i can't be like gwyneth paltrow because inevitably being like gwyneth paltrow involves buying something mad expensive.

my favourite part of the whole site thus far is the detox bit (http://goop.com/newsletter/15)... mmmm, looks great!

if i followed that i would fall asleep at lunchtime.

Nuzzolese
02-16-2009, 03:26 PM
She's big on room temperature lemon water.

Dorothy Wood
02-16-2009, 04:06 PM
is it wrong of me to think that detox thing looks kinda good? I mean...too many onions, but I like smoothies and lemon water. I'd probably eat more chicken and put some ice in the lemon water. otherwise, I don't know if I'd stay conscious.

I've just been thinking about chemicals too much lately since I started having a weird sensitivity to high fructose corn syrup...which is in a lot of things. I'm turning into an ingredient-reading, food-avoiding asshole. but...I guess it's good in the long run. and it's easy to disregard the cravings on account of the high fructose junk makes my tongue swell on the sides, and fills my mouth with a gross chalky taste. :/

mathcart
02-16-2009, 05:37 PM
they've shut their bitter hearts and Luddite colons to it.

Funniest shit EVER- real or fake!
:D