PDA

View Full Version : The Rakim Appreciation Thread

Miho
03-03-2009, 12:33 AM
He is too awesome for words. His new album, The Seventh Seal, has gotten delayed several times over the years. The new date is this spring, which is great, since we have a new Beastie Boys album around that same period, as well. I'm hoping Ra's new joint drops this spring, finally.

Check out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DehN49Qq8c) one of the songs that will appear on his new album. He performed it at Rock the Bells 2008. The song is called "Holy R U", supposedly. I wish I had gone to that concert. They came to Chicago. My favorite songs he ever made are No Omega, Pass the Hand Grenade, Keep 'Em Eager to Listen, The Mystery (Who is God), The Punisher, and Casualties of War.

Lex Diamonds
03-03-2009, 05:49 AM
I don't think Ra needs a thread, it kinda goes without saying that all the hip-hop heads appreciate him.

And yeah I wish the Seventh Seal would fucking drop already, I've been jonesing for that shit for years now.

Kid Presentable
03-03-2009, 06:47 AM
Yeah I reckon I been slangin yay since back in the day to stack the papes requisite for payment for said jizzoint. Bitches upon my penis and po-po near my domecile, a black man can't seem to garner any recognition for his business nous. SMH

Lyman Zerga
03-03-2009, 04:10 PM
hail to him (y) but how old is he by now? 75? 76? or even older than the beasties?????