PDA

View Full Version : ever google yourself?

b i o n i c
04-08-2009, 06:42 PM
scary, right?

its so satisfying to find an old account for something and delete though.. doesnt make a difference though - the internet has got you forever!

checkyourprez
04-08-2009, 06:50 PM
fuck yea.

i get the live the dream and see all my old soccer highlights.

but the other stuff that you can find that tells exactly where you live and who lives with you and all your other info for just 39.99 and shit is kinda scary.

Lex Diamonds
04-08-2009, 06:52 PM
I just did and my Facebook was like 21 results down. Not exactly a wealth of information. I like living under the radar though (it helps when you're a career criminal) so hopefully it stays that way.

b i o n i c
04-08-2009, 06:55 PM
it probably helps if your real name is the proper version of paddy or something like that... chris, john, michael, etc

yeahwho
04-08-2009, 07:09 PM
My name pops up on a dozen pages of facebook, 4 here in Seattle (none are me, I quit the facebook). There are 3 doctors here in Seattle with my name and tons of pictures of people who share the same name. Google web, 156,000 results, images 231,000 results, news 2 pages and 18 stories with my name in them. 8 videos.

Nothing about me though, this I count as good fortune. Focus on all the impostors.

b i o n i c
04-08-2009, 07:21 PM
not too long ago there was a murder here and the person who did it had a fairly uncommon name, but the exact same name and age as someone i know. i KNOW for a fact this guy got shit for it. if anyone googles his name, it really sucks to be him

hope that one of those people doesnt do sometihng stupid, yh

funk63
04-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Embarrasing news article when I was a chubby fat kid. (n):(

Dorothy Wood
04-08-2009, 07:30 PM
my name is really common, so tons of stuff comes up. 3 pieces of my artwork come up on the first page of images though. that's kinda bad ass.

funk63
04-08-2009, 07:43 PM
my name is really common, so tons of stuff comes up. 3 pieces of my artwork come up on the first page of images though. that's kinda bad ass.

You mean this? (http://www.alsa.org/images/cms/Community/Stories/Dorothy%20Wood%20%20093.jpg)

Dorothy Wood
04-08-2009, 07:53 PM
that's it!

Helvete
04-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Apart from my facebook (and a couple of other dudes with the same name) very little comes up about me. The namesake who owns a hot tub company takes all the glory from me.

b i o n i c
04-08-2009, 08:02 PM
thats not too bad, having your name associated with hot tubs

Helvete
04-08-2009, 08:14 PM
I know, I emailed him once asking for a free one because we are practically like twins, but he didn't reply. Asshole. If I had a hot tub company, I'd give them away to people with my name. But I don't, I am in the Army and apart from killing them, I can't do anything.

HEIRESS
04-08-2009, 08:19 PM
pretty clean.

except for all those bullshit EXTREMEJOBSHERE type websites that have nabbed my contact info from a company website and created fake help wanted adds using it.

(n)

b i o n i c
04-08-2009, 08:24 PM
EXTREMEJOBSHERE

youre ok - could be much much worse, think about that url :eek::eek:

Helvete
04-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Okay wtf Finnish petition?

Matt
04-08-2009, 10:04 PM
I did this a couple months ago. The only thing that came up was my facebook, an old personal page, and a thread from here where I posted my full name.

checkyourprez
04-08-2009, 10:40 PM
I know, I emailed him once asking for a free one because we are practically like twins, but he didn't reply. Asshole. If I had a hot tub company, I'd give them away to people with my name. But I don't, I am in the Army and apart from killing them, I can't do anything.

rape?

Randetica
04-09-2009, 12:52 AM
i don't come up in the search because i never use my real name online.

same

sometimes i search for my last name to find someone related but it goes no where

Adam
04-09-2009, 02:35 AM
I've just done mine (http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22Adam+Garretty%22) (UK google comes up with two (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=com.ubuntu%3Aen-GB%3Aunofficial&hs=1eT&q=%22Adam+Garretty%22&btnG=Search&meta=cr%3DcountryUK|countryGB)) - I don't have a common name so it used to come up with about 4 results for old websites I've made (that now go to dead links). Anyway, it came up with 16 this time, most are for twitter.

You know you can turn off your facebook page showing up in google and other search engines. Mine doesn't come up and its fairly obvious who I am, anyone with the same spelling as my surname is related to me so if ya worried about being seen on the web, check ya settings.

Yorkshire~Rose
04-09-2009, 07:21 AM
You know you can turn off your facebook page showing up in google and other search engines. Mine doesn't come up and its fairly obvious who I am, anyone with the same spelling as my surname is related to me so if ya worried about being seen on the web, check ya settings.

Yup - my settings are so my facebook doesn't appear on any search engines.

Couldn't find anything about me on google, the 1st listing with the same name is for a very jolly looking woman who sells real estate in Arizona.

camo
04-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Loads of us. Mark Smith (http://www.marksmithdesign.com/)

b-grrrlie
04-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Yeah I've googled myself loads of times.
Luckily these days it's my company that comes up first.
Years ago there was just these athletes or dancers from around where I was born or raised.
Now the second one that comes up is some atterney or something...

beastiegirrl101
04-09-2009, 09:03 AM
My work contact info comes up as well as college and high school grad info...

NoFenders
04-09-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm huge in Norway.

nodanaonlyzuul
04-09-2009, 01:00 PM
I rarely used my full real name, so nothing really comes up except my work's website. No photo or anything though so it could be any other woman with my name, because there are a ton of news stories that come up when using my name and it isn't me in those articles. Haha.

YoungRemy
04-09-2009, 01:14 PM
there are 30 of my namesake alone on Myspace. I was thinking of starting a group called "Guys on Myspace Named _____ _____" and the goal of the group is to clear our collective name from "CyberSpace Inmate _____ ______" in Colorado
who is "very well built" and "looking for the right lady"- he is really bringing our name down.

"no e-mails"

TAL
04-09-2009, 01:28 PM
I rarely used my full real name, so nothing really comes up except my work's website. No photo or anything though so it could be any other woman with my name, because there are a ton of news stories that come up when using my name and it isn't me in those articles. Haha.

I happy that you're not murdered.

Guy Incognito
04-09-2009, 01:35 PM
my real name is really ordinary and there are writers, singers, athletes etc . I think my name gets about 8 million results

as for my board name , i thought i was being really original (well original in nicking an obscure simpsons character type of way), but it turns out that shitloads of boards have a GI on there, there are at least two bands i know of as well. If i put Guy incognito remix then its mostly me that comes up, or it did when i did it about 6 month ago

fucktopgirl
04-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Yes i did, and my mosaic arts come up,(y)

nodanaonlyzuul
04-09-2009, 04:26 PM
I happy that you're not murdered.

me too (y)

Waus
04-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Whenever I google my full name a bunch of Faith No More crap comes up.

My name is too common for people to find the real me.