PDA

View Full Version : Beasties on Jimmy Fallon May 25th

yeahwho
05-19-2009, 07:53 PM
That would be Monday night. 2009. NBC. TV. Or technically 12:30 AM. Tuesday. 2009. TV. NBC.

pshabi
05-19-2009, 07:59 PM
swait:D

jennyb
05-19-2009, 08:00 PM
(y)

cj hood
05-19-2009, 08:09 PM
gotta be doin a new track...lee major what?!?

Brother McDuff
05-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Oh word? Do we dare expect a lead single here? :eek:

Odie
05-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Is it a guest spot or performance? Got to be promoting something eather way.

YoungRemy
05-19-2009, 10:03 PM
awesome!

pshabi
05-19-2009, 10:37 PM
gotta be doin a new track...lee major what?!?

Come again?????

Laver1969
05-19-2009, 11:05 PM
I'm placing my bet that it won't be anything new.

Rodie
05-19-2009, 11:07 PM
Agreed, I read around the "Rock The Vote" tour that they don't like performing unreleased material as it usually doesn't go over well. I'm expecting something off of CYH or IC... but hey, I'd LOVE to be wrong.

brooklyndust
05-19-2009, 11:31 PM
they need to start taking chances.....

loyal fans are not going to be angry if they play something besides sabotage.

mm40oz
05-19-2009, 11:43 PM
Backed by the Roots?? that could be cool, new or old.

pm0ney
05-20-2009, 01:37 AM
Hmmm they have to be promoting something. I doubt they'd promote a re-release of IC seeing as they didn't do that for PB or CYH which are both usually regarded as better than IC.

laurie_hammy
05-20-2009, 02:01 AM
Exciting stuff, who knows whats gonna happen ;)

Kid Presentable
05-20-2009, 04:22 AM
I hope its Lee Majors and I hope they've been practising their asses off. Specially after eric linked up that Mastodon clip.

cj hood
05-20-2009, 07:02 AM
Hmmm they have to be promoting something. I doubt they'd promote a re-release of IC seeing as they didn't do that for PB or CYH which are both usually regarded as better than IC.

if its sabotage to promote the rerelease of IC then they might as well not even go on...have jimmy tell the audience to youtube the other 10K performances of it...

Kid Presentable
05-20-2009, 07:22 AM
Yeah Sabotage has kind of had its time. It would be a good opener but. Like how Run DMC could get away with opening shows with 'Run's House'. You know a band's got depth when it drops its biggest hit at the start of a show.

Jiberish
05-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Backed by the Roots?? that could be cool, new or old.

YES. That would be awesome.

b i o n i c
05-20-2009, 01:27 PM
jimmy fallon was at the aifst premier, he's a big bboys geek.

expect plen-t 'o spasticism from the host chair(y)

laurie_hammy
05-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Either way hopefully they'll drop some info on Tadlock's Glasses.

Thunder D
05-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Im not sure if they will perform. They are listed as the first guest, and that bozo from American Idol, David Cook, is listed at the end. That is where the musical guest is always listed.....

pm0ney
05-20-2009, 09:07 PM
if its sabotage to promote the rerelease of IC then they might as well not even go on...have jimmy tell the audience to youtube the other 10K performances of it...

Yeah, exactly. I doubt it's Lee Majors too. Wouldn't you guys rather hear another new joint? Like, the potential new single?

Micodin
05-20-2009, 09:18 PM
I heard it's just going to be a Scrabble show down between Adrock and
?uestlove...

dirtydan11
05-20-2009, 10:22 PM
TAKE. A. LOOK. AROUND YOU!!

yeahwho
05-25-2009, 09:32 AM
bumpin' it up for 2 nite

beastieboysbaby
05-25-2009, 11:12 AM
holy shit.

i've been waiting for this moment.

YoungRemy
05-25-2009, 11:29 AM
i've been waiting for this moment.

I can feel it comin' in the air tonight.

Oh Lord.

laurie_hammy
05-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Either way hopefully they'll drop some info on Tadlock's Glasses.

Sorry, Hot Sauce Committee ;)

Jiberish
05-25-2009, 03:29 PM
Im not sure if they will perform. They are listed as the first guest, and that bozo from American Idol, David Cook, is listed at the end. That is where the musical guest is always listed.....

Yes, but a while back he had Andy Samberg on w/ Lonley Island performing after Samberg but before the last Guest...

roosta
05-25-2009, 05:57 PM
:/

Jessica529
05-25-2009, 07:22 PM
http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/categories/season-1/1043281/

This is a link from the Jimmy Fallon Show website - apparently you can watch the episode online if you miss it on TV. Hope this helps!

Odie
05-25-2009, 07:59 PM
From Jimmy Fallon Twitter

Beastie Boys do So Watcha Want with Roots tonight. They have a new record coming out in september. Love them.

rehearsing pic (http://twitpic.com/5y7h1)

sureshot
05-25-2009, 08:01 PM
its just going to be an interview, and there talking about there new album that they just finished last week the album is called hot sauce committee

b i o n i c
05-25-2009, 08:49 PM
so whatcha want with the roots is worth the price of admission(y)

pshabi
05-25-2009, 09:03 PM
Bboys w/ the Roots is gonna be cool, but....I'm still mildly disappointed that they're doing a song that is 17 years old.

Rodie
05-25-2009, 09:12 PM
I was hoping they'd Professor Booty w/ the Roots. That'd be phenomenal.

Nygel
05-25-2009, 10:28 PM
they play scrabble

pm0ney
05-25-2009, 10:52 PM
It seems like Watcha Want is there late night standard for this decade. I swear, everytime I've seen them performing on national TV they play So Watcha Want. They must really like that joint.

ColbyTrio
05-25-2009, 11:59 PM
Mic-to-Mic

Zing cram blam sam!!
http://mic-to-mic.blogspot.com/2009/05/beastie-boys-on-late-night-with-jimmy.html

Nygel
05-26-2009, 12:46 AM
september, eh? dandy

also yauch looks funny performing in his coat and such. reminds me of a director. which is suiting.

Brother McDuff
05-26-2009, 12:47 AM
epic performance

Jiberish
05-26-2009, 12:50 AM
That was the shit. Good interview too.

Justin
05-26-2009, 12:54 AM
Fallon was either really nervous or he was at the local starbucks taking extra shots of expresso before the show

Laver1969
05-26-2009, 12:58 AM
Excellent performance! Too bad Fallon didn't ask more about the new album...what time's the show?

misspiggy
05-26-2009, 01:03 AM
Awesome to see them!(y)
And yes, I think Fallon looks nervous.... Bboys didn't know what to answer when he asked ... what time is the show??!!!:confused:

Nerd Fight
05-26-2009, 01:14 AM
Someone already posted the performance on youtube (taped from the TV)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=333OcqmX9ks

The clip seems to end with the guy taping the TV being hit on the head by a mallet.

The performance was cool!

YoungRemy
05-26-2009, 01:24 AM
its just going to be an interview, and there talking about there new album that they just finished last week the album is called hot sauce committee

O RLY?

I just realized that the Roots were Jimmy Fallon's House Band.

wow.

thanks for posting that youtube link from the future.

Nerd Fight
05-26-2009, 01:55 AM
thanks for posting that youtube link from the future.

no probs, it was just a short trip in my delorean :D

brooklyndust
05-26-2009, 02:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEEi5JSuBZA

Wow! nice.

these are exciting times... a new era. T.V. spots, new tracks. It seems like the beasties have gotten back into there groove. From what I'veherd it sounds good. It sounds exactly where they should be in this stage of there career.

I am excited for this new album. I feel that it’s going to be a huge comeback for the beasties.

laurie_hammy
05-26-2009, 03:25 AM
Awsome performance. Loved the pause in the middle follow by Yauch bringin it back on time perfectly. Adrock was bouncy an enjoying it as usual. Loved it ! Interview on youtube yet for us Australians ?

Nerd Fight
05-26-2009, 03:40 AM
Who's that on adrock's t-shirt? It looks like Oliver Hardy...

YoungRemy
05-26-2009, 03:50 AM
Who's that on adrock's t-shirt? It looks like Oliver Hardy...

it's Murray Hill (http://www.mrmurrayhill.com)

SpacemanSpliff
05-26-2009, 03:51 AM
excellent, hungry for the new album ...

Nerd Fight
05-26-2009, 04:00 AM
it's Murray Hill

Oh...that makes a bit more sense!

Kid Presentable
05-26-2009, 04:49 AM
They should tour with the Roots as their backing band already. ?uest gets it.

cj hood
05-26-2009, 06:53 AM
fallon's terrible as a late night guy...mike d looks like a woman i work with....SWW's played out, but it was a cool performance....roots were into it!

i don't understand why they release a hot new single and then wait 4months to drop the album...it doesn't make sense...

Mr. Juice
05-26-2009, 07:22 AM
I had mixed feelings when I found out that the Beastie Boys would be guest-guests, as opposed to musical guests on Late Night. But then they sent out the e-mail blast teasing us of all the exclusive news they'd be dropping, so I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't very curious (and excited).

Since they already announced the title (Hot Sauce Committee) of their new album in said e-mail, I thought the Beasties would be divulging at least a handful of tidbits about it. Yes, they don’t give serious interviews, but sometimes they give clues.

I was disappointed that the Beastie Boys got stuck on the we-recorded-this-album-on-a-water-vessel spiel. Since Jimmy Fallon is a big fan, he should have noticed that this was their b.s. answer from the Hello Nasty recording sessions (we’re still waiting for that submarine album).

Interview-wise, we didn’t find out anything new except a release month for Hot Sauce Committee (September), but it was a special treat to hear a surprise performance of “So What’cha Want?” with The Roots on live instruments. Since they are the unofficial house band of hip-hop it made perfectly good sense for them to finally lay down a jam with the Beastie Boys.

Loved the stop-downs, especially MCA’s. I wasn’t disappointed in the song choice either, since this track is the only Beastie song (I’m pretty sure) that mentions the word “hot sauce.”

Can’t hate on Fallon for letting the Beasties take control of the interview, cause let’s face it, if they weren’t making music for a living each of them could host their own late night show (and it would be a lot better than Late Night's been recently).

laurie_hammy
05-26-2009, 07:28 AM
I was hoping they'd Professor Booty w/ the Roots. That'd be phenomenal.

That'd be friggin amazing.

NicRN77
05-26-2009, 10:38 AM
Was great to see the guys on Fallon. Has got me psyched for the new album to drop. Wish I could see the guys out at the festivals this summer. Fingers crossed for a proper tour once the album's out!

paul jones
05-26-2009, 11:30 AM
http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/categories/season-1/1043281/

This is a link from the Jimmy Fallon Show website - apparently you can watch the episode online if you miss it on TV. Hope this helps!

agh 'Not available in your region'

I thought the innernette was cool:((n)

hundredacrewood
05-26-2009, 11:58 AM
Awesome to see them!(y)
And yes, I think Fallon looks nervous.... Bboys didn't know what to answer when he asked ... what time is the show??!!!:confused:

If you would have watched the monologue then that wouldn't seem like such a stupid question. Anyway, the proformance was great. I didn't expect to see them answer the questions seriously so just knowing that the album title is confirmed with a confirmed release month is enough info for me. I didn't expect to learn a lot of knowledge about the new album cause I assumed I wouldn't get it so I was satisfied with the appearence.

pesto pizza
05-26-2009, 01:38 PM
adrocks sneakers were they black mid vans,if so what ones?I like to collect their sneakers.

pesto pizza
05-26-2009, 02:13 PM
adrocks sneakers were they black mid vans,if so what ones?I like to collect their sneakers.

just checked on the vans website and I'm thinking vans holder mid in bonesbox black.its hard to tell from the you tube video.can anyone who is anal as me help me out,cheers.

mistressf
05-26-2009, 02:43 PM
is there some kind soul who could upload the interview to youtube for us non-americans who couldnt watch and cant watch online? :|

Pootytang
05-26-2009, 03:37 PM
http://www.nbc.com/late-night-with-jimmy-fallon/video/episodes/#vid=1111135

Full Episode thanks to NBC.com

Mountain_Cat_1M
05-26-2009, 04:03 PM
I enjoyed it. They did a great job performing and they look awesome. Beastie Boys in HD...gotta love it. :D

TAL
05-26-2009, 04:38 PM
http://www.nbc.com/late-night-with-jimmy-fallon/video/episodes/#vid=1111135

Full Episode thanks to NBC.com

I doesn't work outside America. Sort of what Paul Jones said on the econd page.

Pootytang
05-26-2009, 05:45 PM
My bad. I didn't read thru the whole thread.

Burnout18
05-26-2009, 06:19 PM
I liked it, but is mike D healthy? holy crap.

beastieboysbaby
05-26-2009, 06:59 PM
haha, jimmy jimmy jimmy.
he was so nervous
i think i saw him shaking when he was holding up tha check your head vinyl

senbei
05-26-2009, 07:07 PM
I liked it, but is mike D healthy? holy crap.

Yeah, he caught the BUTT-UGLY-AUNTIE-SWEATER disease.

beastieboysbaby
05-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Yeah, he caught the BUTT-UGLY-AUNTIE-SWEATER disease.

i actually thought tha sweater was sexy.

laurie_hammy
05-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Beastie's are his fav band of all time. He would have been loving the performance ! An when they were walking off to play he quoted grasshopper unit BEASTIE BEASTIE BEASTIE BOYS !

pshabi
05-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Finally got around to watching the Bboys segment:

1) The performance wasn't anything to write home about. Not anything I'd watch again unlike the Letterman Ch-Check It Out or 3MCs/SWW performances. Still cool. Got boring w/o the MMM beat changes. ;)

2) I know the boys are trendsetters but jesus christ, Horovitz, lose the fucking flood pants. :eek:

pshabi
05-27-2009, 12:34 AM
he quoted grasshopper unit BEASTIE BEASTIE BEASTIE BOYS !
That's "Putting Shame in Your Game."

dave790
05-27-2009, 02:39 AM
the performance was tight, i've already written home about it. it would have been less effective if they had done it with mmm using the same beats. i don't why anyone is concerned with what they wear, for fucks sake.

pesto pizza
05-27-2009, 03:15 AM
the performance was tight, i've already written home about it. it would have been less effective if they had done it with mmm using the same beats. i don't why anyone is concerned with what they wear, for fucks sake.

quote MCA 1992 "to be successful you have to have an image!"

MCScoobyT
05-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Liked it. SSW sounds cool with a Roots live interpretation, but did anyone else wish that Black Thought would have dropped a verse? (http://beastiemixes.com/download.php?id=2988&chk=yy5x)

b i o n i c
05-27-2009, 12:38 PM
it was interesting to see how they interact with eachother, jimmy fallon super fangeek to band

i think they seemed a little uncomfortable. the roots thing was aight

Jiberish
05-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Liked it. SSW sounds cool with a Roots live interpretation, but did anyone else wish that Black Thought would have dropped a verse? (http://beastiemixes.com/download.php?id=2988&chk=yy5x)

I did want him. But I'd rather it was on the beat.:rolleyes: I would have been happy with him doing Biz's part. OR Cypress Hill all of a sudden popping out and recreating the Arsenio Hall performance.

The New Style was nice though.(y)

laurie_hammy
05-27-2009, 01:53 PM
That's "Putting Shame in Your Game."

True that ! My bad.

Its Time We Brough The Grimey Beats Out The DUNGEON !

Sir SkratchaLot
05-27-2009, 02:51 PM
I thought Mike should have undone one more button on his sweater. His hair is exactly 5 mm too long. Cut that hair Mike! Did anyone else catch the fluctuation in tone on MCA's enunciation in verse two? What the hell? Adrock has 8 more grey hairs than last we saw him. I would have been cool if they had a serious heart to heart with us and told us about their childhood experiences in depth but I guess Jimmy fucking Fallon had to screw it up by asking other questions. I just want to get more personal into their private parts of their lives. I wish that they would have just played Lee Majors because I'm Lee Major's biggest fan now that the beasties are publicly proclaiming it. I also LOVE hotsauce now. Does anyone know what kind of socks MCA was wearing? Oh well, I guess I'll be getting back to my therapist.

brooklyndust
05-27-2009, 03:51 PM
I thought Mike should have undone one more button on his sweater. His hair is exactly 5 mm too long. Cut that hair Mike! Did anyone else catch the fluctuation in tone on MCA's enunciation in verse two? What the hell? Adrock has 8 more grey hairs than last we saw him. I would have been cool if they had a serious heart to heart with us and told us about their childhood experiences in depth but I guess Jimmy fucking Fallon had to screw it up by asking other questions. I just want to get more personal into their private parts of their lives. I wish that they would have just played Lee Majors because I'm Lee Major's biggest fan now that the beasties are publicly proclaiming it. I also LOVE hotsauce now. Does anyone know what kind of socks MCA was wearing? Oh well, I guess I'll be getting back to my therapist.

I totally agree. I also feel that they should of given a shout out to us more loyal fans here on the message board. I have been on here since 2003 and have more than 500 posts. The least they could do is give me a shout out. It’s just frustrating because the beasties do nothing for the fans anymore.
Also if they can somehow stop aging that would be awesome.

Jimmy Fallon is the worst. Sure I don't know the first thing about what goes into making a TV show. All I know is if I had my own TV show I would have asked completely different questions. Despite what the executives at NBC and Capitol records directed me to do. I would easily do a lot of things differently if I wasn’t sitting behind my computer all day.

Rodie
05-27-2009, 04:53 PM
I totally agree. I also feel that they should of given a shout out to us more loyal fans here on the message board. I have been on here since 2003 and have more than 500 posts. The least they could do is give me a shout out. It’s just frustrating because the beasties do nothing for the fans anymore.
Also if they can somehow stop aging that would be awesome.

Jimmy Fallon is the worst. Sure I don't know the first thing about what goes into making a TV show. All I know is if I had my own TV show I would have asked completely different questions. Despite what the executives at NBC and Capitol records directed me to do. I would easily do a lot of things differently if I wasn’t sitting behind my computer all day.

They should have played the entire new album live. I don't get why they'd make new songs like Lee Majors and not play them. I wish they would have played B-Boy Bouillabaise. Why wasn't Mike D wearing sunglasses? Why didn't Jimmy know what time the show was? Why didn't he ask if the new album is frozen-testicle shattering quality? Why don't they ever update the site? This is the last place I look for Beastie updates.

Micodin
05-27-2009, 05:53 PM

Now that is amazing sarcasm! You sir just won the "Sarcasm of '09" award!

Nicely played.

KevG
05-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Too much to read in this post.. so I am just gonna ask.. what were they talking about when they said they made more than one album?

Bernard Goetz
05-28-2009, 04:25 PM
Too much to read in this post.. so I am just gonna ask.. what were they talking about when they said they made more than one album?

They were fucking around.
The only thing missing from that SWW performance was ?uestlove channeling his inner Biz and making with the "Yeahhh, you can't front on that!"

mca64
08-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Could some upload this show?

JDsmagik
08-30-2009, 09:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PfuIm4Onhc

Michelle*s_Farm
08-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Now that is amazing sarcasm! You sir just won the "Sarcasm of '09" award!

Nicely played.

agreed (y)

mm40oz
05-04-2012, 11:22 PM
Just replayed the music segment on Fallon tonight (05/04/12)
Jimmy got a little choked up introducing the clip.
It is a sad day for all Beastie fans.

MCAadROCKMiKEd7
05-04-2012, 11:34 PM
Just saw that too. I'm glad it was Jimmy Fallon he is one grand man.

benchillin
05-16-2012, 02:57 PM
oh i wish i would of seen that.

senbei
05-16-2012, 04:07 PM
Is this the last live performance from the boys?

Rodie
05-16-2012, 05:10 PM
They did a few more shows after this, but as far as I know it was the last tv appearance/performance. Bonnaroo was the last show.

WesleyOHSnaps!
05-16-2012, 08:28 PM
I wish I could see the Jimmy Fallon episode he did on may 4th. I missed it cause I was sad and got drunk. (sorry) it doesnt work kn my phone nor do they have it on demand. Bummed.

benchillin
05-16-2012, 08:41 PM
http://www.hulu.com/watch/358198/late-night-with-jimmy-fallon-flashback-beastie-boys-performance

Billy Corbitt
05-23-2012, 07:53 PM
I wish Jimmy would re-air that again on Friday the 25th.

PortlandBGirl
05-23-2012, 10:15 PM
So bittersweet to watch. I just want to yell at the screen "Go to the doctor RIGHT NOW!" A few weeks could have made the difference. So sad to know that was the end of the innocence.