PDA

View Full Version : HOT SAUCE COMMITTEE

Micodin
05-25-2009, 11:44 AM
From the B-Boys:

we, the band, known professionally as the Beastie Boys, will be making a professional appearance on the television show that is called Jimmy Fallon (is that what it's called?). so if you (the viewer) turn on your TV (short for television) you can see us (beastie boys) on his (jimmy fallon's) show. is that clear? check listing for air time in your area. monday night (this monday night) like today monday night.

i hope we don't screw this up.

Love,
Dr. Bombay

ps. our new record that is coming out that we finished the other day is called HOT SAUCE COMMITTEE, and we are going to offer insights into how it was crafted, when we talk on the aforementioned show. that's that.

YoungRemy
05-25-2009, 12:03 PM
the aforementioned shit is about to hit the aforementioned fan.

balohna
05-25-2009, 12:10 PM
I have a feeling that neither this nor Tadlock's Glasses are the title. Could be very wrong though.

laura
05-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Zane Lowe just twitted it!! (y)
(how can I watch tonite live through the web from Europe?)

orbitron
05-25-2009, 12:36 PM
You know that's not the title...
What other info do we have on this here new album? I've been living under a rock for the last few.

Jiberish
05-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Zane Lowe just twitted it!! (y)
(how can I watch tonite live through the web from Europe?)

Look for it on Hulu.com later tonight, or tomorrow morning.

paul jones
05-25-2009, 01:06 PM

(y)

faz
05-25-2009, 01:06 PM

Hulu isnt available in Europe

Odie
05-25-2009, 01:11 PM
^that may not work in other countries, you could use hotspot shield to sort that out or get a torrent after its aired.

I liked the title Tadlock's Glasses.

paul jones
05-25-2009, 01:17 PM

bah yeah I just saw that..

pshabi
05-25-2009, 01:18 PM
I have a feeling that neither this nor Tadlock's Glasses are the title. Could be very wrong though.

Didn't whatsherface go by that name (Hot Sauce) on whatsitcalled? If so, and this IS the album title, she'll bust a nut or burn an effigy or something.

paul jones
05-25-2009, 01:22 PM
^that may not work in other countries, you could use hotspot shield to sort that out or get a torrent after its aired.

I liked the title Tadlock's Glasses.

too technical for me...I'm sure someone will have a link later or sumfin

yeah.Tadlock's Glasses has been hanging in the air too long now.We'll only know if Hot Sauce Committee is def when the artwork and stuff is displayed on here.
I've gone right of sauces off any kind lately though.Heard a scary story involving flies

laura
05-25-2009, 01:35 PM
too technical for me...
same here.
show is pretty late (12:37 AM Eastern Time) so... hey paul, feel like a beer at the pub in the meanwhile? :D

LongDuckDong
05-25-2009, 01:36 PM
Didn't whatsherface go by that name (Hot Sauce) on whatsitcalled? If so, and this IS the album title, she'll bust a nut or burn an effigy or something.

See guys, she is the biggest fan. It pays to listen to Lee Majors a thousand times to decipher the lyrics.

Brother McDuff
05-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Read the email and burst out laughing out loud. Hilarious name, Hot Sauce Committee. We'll see how valid a title that is later tonight, i guess. Well shit, if they just released the so-called album title today and are planning on talking about the making of the record this evening, maybe it isn't so out of the question that they may be playing a new cut tonight. Either way, we'll catch some insight for sure.

The wheels are turning.

beastieboysbaby
05-25-2009, 02:10 PM
i like hot sauce committe.

Jiberish
05-25-2009, 02:33 PM

I did not know that.:( If the Boys are nice, they'll post the performance on the website.

laura
05-25-2009, 02:47 PM
well, if the show is at 12.30 AM eastern time, it means it will be at 6.30 am here in central europe... I wake up at 6.45... so no better way to start a day! :D

paul jones
05-25-2009, 02:58 PM
same here.
show is pretty late (12:37 AM Eastern Time) so... hey paul, feel like a beer at the pub in the meanwhile? :D

well yeah if you happen to be in my town right now.I'll have a kronenburg pleasethanks(y)

RobMoney$
05-25-2009, 04:00 PM
The album will come out whenever it comes out, and we'll find out the title then. Be patient.

It's hilarious when people don't even know when they're being screwed with.

Kid Presentable
05-26-2009, 04:40 AM
It's a fucking stupid name. At least Tadlock's Glasses is a stupid name that sounds like something the Beastie Boys would do. It's aloof and knowing like Check Your Head, Paul's Boutique and even Hello Nasty. Hot Sauce Committee just sounds witless. To whoever thought it seemed like a good idea at the time, it's not.

camo
05-26-2009, 04:43 AM
what if someone mentions it another 20 times?

Kid Presentable
05-26-2009, 04:44 AM
Nope. No change. It's that shit.

camo
05-26-2009, 05:31 AM
oh, you stubborn fuck :D

midzi
05-26-2009, 05:48 AM
I'd say it's not the real title but on the other hand many thought "Awesome I fucking shot that" was a joke.

RobMoney$
05-26-2009, 06:20 AM
They said the name of the album was Hot Sauce Committee.

Then they said it was recorded in Paul Allen's personal recording studio on his Yacht, and Adrock recorded some guitar tracks in Paul Allen's submarine.

Ever get the feeling they were fucking around?

camo
05-26-2009, 06:34 AM
It must be real (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Sauce_Committee) :rolleyes:

cj hood
05-26-2009, 06:56 AM
It must be real (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Sauce_Committee) :rolleyes:

i wonder who typed that up...i'm cosigning with kp....TG was a much better title....

Kid Presentable
05-26-2009, 07:20 AM
ooh I just get so mad

Robert, I empathise now with your hearing Tadlock's was the title. You know that yacht shit is for real.

cj hood
05-26-2009, 07:39 AM
i don't know who paul allen is, but adrock droppin grandmaster caz was way above fallon and his audience....

camo
05-26-2009, 07:41 AM
co-founder of microsoft

MCScoobyT
05-26-2009, 08:45 AM
i don't know who paul allen is, but adrock droppin grandmaster caz was way above fallon and his audience....

You are Fallon's audience.

b i o n i c
05-26-2009, 10:17 AM
true or not, hot sauce committee is 100000000000 times better than tablocks glasses

i still say go with "ill immunization"

camo
05-26-2009, 10:46 AM
'hot sauce committee' sounds like the title or strapline to a Lynx (or axle) deodorant advert.

I ain't mad at it though, still kinda zany.

cj hood
05-26-2009, 11:55 AM
BOYS
HOT SAUCE COMMITTEE
BRAND NEW STUDIO ALBUM OUT THIS FALL

ILL COMMUNICATION REMASTERED DELUXE REISSUE IN STORES JULY 14
BEASTIEBOYS.COM PREORDER BEGINS JULY 6

"LEE MAJORS COME AGAIN" 7-INCH GOES FOR $105 ON EBAY

BONNAROO, ALL POINTS WEST, LOLLAPALOOZA, OSHEAGA, OUTSIDE LANDS & AUSTIN CITY LIMITS FESTIVAL APPEARANCES CONFIRMED
HOLLYWOOD BOWL HEADLINE ENGAGEMENT SEPTEMBER 24

New York, NY -- May 26, 2009 -- As announced by Mike D, Adrock and MCA themselves last night on NBC's Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, the title for the upcoming new Beastie Boys album will be HOT SAUCE COMMITTEE. The band's eighth album of all new original material will be out this fall, with an exact date to be confirmed shortly.

In related news, an extremely limited vinyl seven inch featuring HOT SAUCE COMMITTEE hardcore punk rave-up "Lee Majors Come Again" and an A Capella version of the new album's "B Boys In The Cut" has been turning up golden ticket style in random copies of the recently released Check Your Head deluxe limited collectors vinyl edition. One copy was found selling for $105 on eBay--$25 above the list price of the original Check Your Head package in which it was included!

Additionally, the release date of the penultimate title in this summer's deluxe remastered Beastie Boys series has been confirmed: Ill Communication will get the reissue treatment on July 14, with Beastieboys.com preorders beginning July 6.

Debuting at #1 upon its May 1994 release, Beastie Boys' fourth album would quickly become an unstoppable force of nature, pervading every aspect of pop culture and public consciousness. Its charge to the top of the charts was led by "Sabotage" and its legendary Spike Jonze/Nathanial Hornblower helmed tribute to '70s TV police dramas, as ROLLING STONE dubbed Ill Communication 1994's "soundtrack for summer." Crowds and critics alike were equally and instantly floored by hip hop highlights like the opening "Sure Shot," the classic Jimmy Smith homage "Root Down" and the Q-Tip collaboration "Get It Together," as a VIBE cover story--the magazine's first on a white artist--hailed Beastie Boys as "perhaps the most consistently innovative musicians to emerge out of hip hop." It was a claim that Ill Communication would justify for years to come, as everything from the household name hits to instrumental favorites "Sabrosa" and "Ricky's Theme" to hardcore punk workouts "Tough Guy" and "Heart Attack Man" remain B Boys staples to this day. And back then as now, Ill Communication's impact and momentum showed no signs of abating.1995 saw Beastie Boys instantly sell out the Quadrophonic Joystick Tour, marking the band's return to arena-headlining status. They continued to circle the globe as the record went multi-platinum, finally taking a break after the historic first Tibetan Freedom Concert drew 100,000 attendees over two days at San Francisco's Golden Gate Park in June 1996.

For a full rundown of Ill Communication deluxe remastered configurations, stay tuned to Beastieboys.com.

Finally, as previously reported, Beastie Boys return to the road this summer, beginning with a June 12 appearance at the Bonnaroo festival in Manchester, TN. The band will then headline the July 31 opening night of this year's All Points West festival at New Jersey's Liberty State Park, play August 2 at the Osheaga festival in Montreal and August 8 at Lollapalooza in Chicago, and round out the summer with a return to SF's Golden Gate Park, this time for an August 29 stand at the Outside Lands festival. Confirmed fall dates at present are a September 24 at the Hollywood Bowl and October 2 at the Austin City Limits festival. For ticket info visit www.beastieboys.com

camo
05-26-2009, 12:00 PM
It's gonna be a long summer.

canucklehead200
05-26-2009, 12:17 PM
any word on when the actual album is coming out? or what it's style is?

Brother McDuff
05-26-2009, 12:52 PM
Wow, some people are really getting worked up over the title. The music makes the title, not the other way around. Come fall, "Hot Sauce Committee" may be the sweetest words you've heard in a while. Have faith.(y)

gbsuey
05-26-2009, 03:11 PM
please, for fucks sake don't let the uk tour dates be in october. ever since i booked a trip to Singapore this has been my nightmare. call the album anything-i don't care(although i really liked Tadlocks Glasses)just don't come here when i'm not here. ok.

jennyb
05-26-2009, 06:13 PM
Call it 'Poo on a Stick' for all I care... I want a new album! (y)

Ralzey
05-26-2009, 06:21 PM
There went the rumor that it was going to be "Big Foot's Dick".

MIKEtotheD
05-26-2009, 06:59 PM

Well said. :D
I couldn't care less what they call the record...I just want them to mmm DROP it!

Kid Presentable
05-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Yeah I guess if they make the move and pass the mic to my root down I could totally take a sure shot on looking down the barrel of a gun, and agree with you girls about it being a good title. Ch-check it out I'm off the grid lolz

cj hood
05-26-2009, 07:33 PM
but how are they going to keep this momentum going for another 4 months?

unless they drop another 'golden ticket' (a) in IC....

(a) rob money

RobMoney$
05-26-2009, 07:37 PM
If ya got bad breath then maybe try scope,
and if ya wash your ass you best use soap!

Documad
05-26-2009, 08:10 PM
I'd say it's not the real title but on the other hand many thought "Awesome I fucking shot that" was a joke.

Ha ha. Me too.

Call it 'Poo on a Stick' for all I care...
That's a better name.

Laver1969
05-26-2009, 09:15 PM

I love "Poo on a Stick"!!!

Darko
05-26-2009, 11:41 PM
Hot Sauce Committee straddles the line between complete nonsense and unexplainable genius like a good Beastie Boys title should

Brother McDuff
05-27-2009, 01:21 AM
Hot Sauce Committee straddles the line between complete nonsense and unexplainable genius like a good Beastie Boys title should

hahaha, well put. :D

Michelle*s_Farm
05-27-2009, 04:22 AM
hahaha, well put. :D

Agreed. I like the new LP title it reminds me of one my fave tracks from TT5B:

HEY FUCK YOU (http://www.mtv.com/lyrics/beastie_boys/hey_f_you/6514796/lyrics.jhtml?track=6514796&sel=true)

Sir SkratchaLot
05-27-2009, 07:33 AM
I heard the new album was gonna be called "I can't believe you idiots still believe everything we say when 95% of what comes out of our mouths is sarcasm."

I am so pissed because I wanted it be called Tadlocks Glasses, you know. "TG" is cool to say. "ICBYISBEWSW95POWCOOOMIS" is like OMG LOL WTF. You can't have a anagram like that. My texting with Beastie Dork 9000 is pretty much ruined now.

Kid Presentable
05-27-2009, 08:06 AM
^ Awesome sarcasm.

camo
05-27-2009, 08:33 AM
'HSC' sounds like a committee that censors videos, or a bank.

tjpop
05-27-2009, 06:08 PM
They said the name of the album was Hot Sauce Committee.

Then they said it was recorded in Paul Allen's personal recording studio on his Yacht, and Adrock recorded some guitar tracks in Paul Allen's submarine.

Ever get the feeling they were fucking around?

man you called it in the og Tadlock's thread that you weren't buying that title, and I coulda swore you looked like a fool. but turns out that all us Tadlock believers are the fools! and could be HSC believers will be fools as well. only difference this time is the email they sent. (but their emails are usually funny, so you never know...). I'll believe it when I have it in my hands.

DIGI
05-27-2009, 07:01 PM
I love all of you dipshits debating over the album's name.

RobMoney$
05-27-2009, 08:16 PM
only difference this time is the email they sent. (but their emails are usually funny, so you never know...). I'll believe it when I have it in my hands.

I'm about 90% convinced HSC is the real title.
Tadlock was just too out-there. If they would have settled on that I would have worried that they were starting to lose it.

Jazz Martian
05-27-2009, 08:37 PM
I'm about 90% convinced HSC is the real title.
Tadlock was just too out-there. If they would have settled on that I would have worried that they were starting to lose it.

Yeah, but I think 'Hello Nasty' was just as out-there.

Laver1969
05-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Yeah, but I think 'Hello Nasty' was just as out-there.

When I first heard the title "Paul's Boutique" I thought that was nuts.

destructo
05-27-2009, 09:43 PM
There went the rumor that it was going to be "Big Foot's Dick".

A title like that would sell a million copies in the first week.

tjpop
05-27-2009, 09:46 PM
I love all of you dipshits debating over the album's name.

what are you debating? beside your own sexual identity that is.

Justin
05-27-2009, 09:48 PM
i just wanna go on record by saying that I really don't like sauce that's really hot. I prefer mild.

Jazz Martian
05-27-2009, 10:10 PM
When I first heard the title "Paul's Boutique" I thought that was nuts.

Yeah it was kinda weird back then. Everybody's gotten so used to it though, that it doesn't seem that way now. 'Hello Nasty' doesn't sound strange to me anymore either.

cAm
05-28-2009, 02:08 AM
i like the title and looking forward to the album.

Matchstikk
05-28-2009, 07:42 AM
Reminds me of one of the bestest beastie lyrics (from So What'cha Want):

"I'm cool as a cucumber in a bowl of hot sauce."

Edit: Having just watched the Jimmy Fallon spot and realizing that they actually performed "So What'cha Want," I have to call bullshit on the Hot Sauce Committee title. Seemed like Adrock was making it up to fuck with Fallon as part of their ongoing shtick about Paul Allen's boat. He probably pulled hot sauce out because of the song they were getting ready to perform. I assume that Tadlock's Glasses is still the title...

dirtydan11
05-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Matchstikk rocks the iMac circa 1999, been Mac-kin' since 1985

YoungRemy
05-28-2009, 11:42 AM
I assume that Tadlock's Glasses is still the title...

I'm trying to remember if Nasty Little Man had Tadlock's Glasses as the working title on their Beastie Boys page, or if the "Hot Sauce Committee" press release really makes it official.

I didn't get the latest newsletter by the way.

Brother McDuff
05-28-2009, 06:28 PM
I'm trying to remember if Nasty Little Man had Tadlock's Glasses as the working title on their Beastie Boys page, or if the "Hot Sauce Committee" press release really makes it official.

I didn't get the latest newsletter by the way.

I don't recall ever seeing Tadlock's Glasses on Nasty Little Man's site.

In fact, now that I think about it, I'm damn near certain. I feel I checked like a month or so ago and the latest blurb was still about TMU.

Matchstikk
05-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Matchstikk rocks the iMac circa 1999, been Mac-kin' since 1985

You got the 411, holmes. Word up!

acamus
06-02-2009, 05:00 PM
the Nasty Little Man website now reads:

BEASTIE BOYS
HOT SAUCE COMMITTEE PART 1

Part 1? Maybe they did get up in the boat.

countrymikedj
06-02-2009, 05:04 PM

BEASTIE BOYS

Part 1? Maybe they did get up in the boat.

Damn. That's awesome!

senbei
06-02-2009, 06:33 PM
From Nasty Little Man:

New York, NY - May 26, 2009–As announced by Mike D, Adrock and MCA themselves last night on NBC’s Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, the title for the upcoming new Beastie Boys album will be HOT SAUCE COMMITTEE PART 1. The band’s eighth album of all new original material will be out this fall, with an exact date to be confirmed shortly.

In related news, an extremely limited vinyl seven inch featuring HOT SAUCE COMMITTEE PART 1 hardcore punk rave-up “Lee Majors Come Again” and an A Capella version of the new album’s “B Boys In The Cut” has been turning up golden ticket style in random copies of the recently released Check Your Head deluxe limited collectors vinyl edition. One copy was found selling for $105 on eBay–$25 above the list price of the original Check Your Head package in which it was included!

Micodin
06-02-2009, 08:17 PM

BEASTIE BOYS

Part 2 will be a Remaster Reissue in a Deluxe Vinyl Collectors Edition with rare "Golden Ticket" 7"'s and old t-shirts worn by the band (that Good Will wouldn't accept as donations).

It also comes with a new interactive Website and a free Band Commentary.

Part 3 will be the exact same thing, but in 10 years to milk the fans out of more cash.

Yes, this was all tongue in cheek.

Word.

Laver1969
06-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Part IV is gonna be when they fight against the Russian dude and record in the snow and barn.

pshabi
06-02-2009, 10:52 PM
Call the album, "Hearts on Fire." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPbLzu83Ato&feature=related)

Documad
06-03-2009, 12:40 AM
I forgot there was a Rocky 4.

pshabi
06-03-2009, 03:28 AM
I forgot there was a Rocky 4.

You better sit down for this one, doc. There's a Rocky 5 and a 6th installment entitled "Rocky Balboa." Don't waste your fucking time.:)

Micodin
06-03-2009, 06:38 AM
You better sit down for this one, doc. There's a Rocky 5 and a 6th installment entitled "Rocky Balboa." Don't waste your fucking time.:)

Word. Just come to Philadelphia and get your picture took by the Rocky statue in front of the Art Museum. It's a lot more exciting.

Laver1969
06-03-2009, 06:41 AM
Call the album, "Hearts on Fire." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPbLzu83Ato&feature=related)

So it looks like Yauch's been really working out!

Kid Presentable
06-03-2009, 07:26 AM
Part 2 won't happen but if it does then it should have alternate lyrics for Lee Majors, like how Don't Cry was different on Use Your Illusion part 2. Shit, is B-Boys in the Cut this generations November Rain?

fonky pizza
06-03-2009, 08:53 PM
HOT SAUCE COMMITTEE PART 1 hardcore punk rave-up “Lee Majors Come Again”

So this is a new song from the new album?! I love this song!! Yeah!!(y)

damodafoca
06-05-2009, 01:01 PM
the record will be release 6th October. not sure.

fonky pizza
06-11-2009, 12:06 PM
the record will be release 6th October. not sure.

cool if so

romanpetr
06-16-2009, 04:38 AM
Part IV is gonna be when they fight against the Russian dude and record in the snow and barn.

:eek:
What U mean,J? Against Russian dude?!!!

Need a little democratic socialism
Eassssse up on the capitalism
Eassssse up on the militarism
Ease up on the campaign finance schism

I think in 4 part they 'll turn back to the space together with Russian dude to fight against Galactic Corrupt President
(lb):D

romanpetr
06-16-2009, 04:43 AM
HOT SAUCE COMMITTEE PART 1 hardcore punk rave-up “Lee Majors Come Again”

So this is a new song from the new album?! I love this song!! Yeah!!(y)

Lee Majors Come Again(y)
B-boy In the Cut(y)
Too Many Rappers(y)

Album is so promising!!!!:)