View Full Version : b boys in the cut and the instrumental from the mailinglist

martijn
06-05-2009, 04:30 PM
fit together

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35XxX4wUFLE

MCScoobyT
06-05-2009, 04:36 PM
^You and/or Beastie Plaza are fast!
I was just about to try those two together.(y)

b-grrrlie
06-05-2009, 04:50 PM
This video is unavailable. ,

martijn
06-05-2009, 04:51 PM

its processing

dust monkey
06-05-2009, 04:51 PM
^You and/or Beastie Plaza are fast!
I was just about to try those two together.(y)

Ehhhh..........the More in Store mix is way better.

Nice music though.

RobMoney$
06-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Oh No, not another TT5B!

MCScoobyT
06-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Ehhhh..........the More in Store mix is way better.

Nice music though.

Hello, that isn't a remix, it's the real B Boys In The Cut song!
So, if you like another remix better tell Ad-Rock.

pshabi
06-05-2009, 07:11 PM

Man, you are a FUCKING IDIOT.

martijn
06-05-2009, 07:12 PM

----->>>>> http://beastieboys.com/elbando

pshabi
06-05-2009, 07:15 PM
----->>>>> http://beastieboys.com/elbando

Yeah, I get it. It's an instrumental. Doesn't mean it's bboys in the cut. Shit, you let others on the board sit here and believe that other mix you had was the real track for a week. Now you took that one down and have this mix on youtube like it's the real shit. Are the beastie boys paying you for all of your production?(n)

martijn
06-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Yeah, I get it. It's an instrumental. Doesn't mean it's bboys in the cut. Shit, you let others on the board sit here and believe that other mix you had was the real track for a week. Now you took that one down and have this mix on youtube like it's the real shit. Are the beastie boys paying you for all of your production?(n)

I never said that was a real track
we will see who's right when the new album is coming out

pshabi
06-05-2009, 07:24 PM
I never said that was a real track

By not saying anything, you played along. If you're right, I'll apologize, but dude...it doesn't even sync up.

Jiberish
06-05-2009, 07:56 PM
There is no way this is the real track. It's out of sync at times it's not good at all.

I do really like the music.

dust monkey
06-05-2009, 08:49 PM

Huh............

Listen Scrappy Doo, I agree that you are a fucking idiot, but I guess I just don't really understand what you are trying to say. But to be honest I really don't care.

As far as what I was saying I'll use a numbering system:

1. The More in Store remix is really cool and really good. I know it's just a remix.
2. The el bando link is official and the music is really cool, whether or not it's the actual BBoysITC track I don't know but it doesn't really sound very good if it is.
3. Mixing the two together is pretty cool because they match some but not all.......but it is not as cool as More in Store.
4. If they do go together then ok, I'm sure the final product will sound just fine.
5. What a clever idea; golden ticket the vocals and maillist the music; pure genius way ahead of the curve as they usually are.
6. Still though.......I just really dig the More in Store version, as unofficial and remixed as it is; probably one of the best I've ever heard as far as homemade remix's go.
7. Yep, still pretty much agree that you're a FUCKING IDIOT.

MCScoobyT
06-05-2009, 08:51 PM

You such an angry lil shit all the time. I love how you jump right in when someone is responding to anyone but you and tell them how you think their opinion is fuckin something or other.

So your a cop right? or the president of the limp biscuit fan club?, because those are to only reasons you could be fuelled with so much anger and hate.

Please write back with something entertaining. What fucking blanked blank am I this time?

dust monkey
06-05-2009, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE=MCScoobyT;1672399]

So your a cop right? or the president of the limp biscuit fan club?QUOTE]

Hahaha- ok i take it back, you are not an idiot. Damn this shit is funny.

Nice.........

Nygel
06-05-2009, 09:45 PM
it is off. where is the instrumental? i'll maggidymatch that shit up

Laver1969
06-05-2009, 10:06 PM
There is no way this is the real track. It's out of sync at times it's not good at all.

I do really like the music.

Maybe this album is the opposite of TT5B. Where everything was overly perfect with computerized timing with TT5B...this one's not. Ha.

We'll see how all these pieces fit together. Shit...Minty was mashing up older shit. Now folks are mashing up newer shit, we think.

MCScoobyT
06-05-2009, 11:53 PM
Dear Durst Monkey-

Cheers, oh and fuck the police.

Anywho, I didn't really understand why you were telling me you liked More In Stone, better than Martijns mash of the BBITC pella with the untitled instrumental (hummm, the instrumental is untitled because it already has a title, duh).
Numbers
1. If you don't like Martjins tell him, or re-synch it better, yourself.
2. If you like More In Stone so much tell DeeJayZap, he made it.
3. You cared enough to reply to me with 7 points.
4. I'm a idiot. Oh and that pella and instrumental are what the beasties intend to go together.
5. I hate cops.
6. Limp Biscuit doesn't like Martijns mash-up either. But I do.
7. Thank god I'm finally done, now can we be friends, you FUCKING IDOIT:)

James Redpath
06-05-2009, 11:57 PM
It seems like each verse is just slightly overlapping the second one, so I spaced them out:
b-boys in the cut.mp3 (http://tindeck.com/listen/eapw)

also, upon reading the other thread, a tempo adjustment was probably all that was needed. Considering one of the boys is scatting the bassline at the beginning of the a capella, I would highly doubt the tracks don't go together.

Kid Presentable
06-06-2009, 01:05 AM
fit together

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35XxX4wUFLE

I don't think they fit together well at all.

YoungRemy
06-06-2009, 01:48 AM
I'm just not feeling it, dawg...

Nygel
06-06-2009, 02:03 AM
Doesn't feel right at all, not really their style.... they usually don't do beat changes all that often and this one does quite a bit, also i just don't like it.

Kid Presentable
06-06-2009, 02:47 AM
I like the ideas, like the changes of beat and the routine at the end, but yeah, it's a little bit bleh. It sounds much better synched up correctly, I will say.

Kid Presentable
06-06-2009, 02:52 AM
don't do beat changes all that often

Even if you don't include the live shows, this is plain wrong.

Nygel
06-06-2009, 02:58 AM
Even if you don't include the live shows, this is plain wrong.

not like this, this changes up like 3 times in the verses and twice during the chorus break thing, and the drums on verse 2 are a huge difference than the other drums. when they change up the beat they keep at a certain style, this one goes all around.

that said
http://www.filefactory.com/file/ag46eg6/n/BBoys_In_the_Cut_mp3

i actually matched it up for all ya'lls. without spaces in the vocals

Kid Presentable
06-06-2009, 04:25 AM
It reminds me of microphone fiend, sort of.

laurie_hammy
06-06-2009, 05:00 AM
My fav remix of this song is Rapslayer remix by Cosmo.

silence7
06-06-2009, 06:58 AM
Lot of anger up in the boards lately, new tracks and the boys teasin' us left and right has got everyone on edge....

Laver1969
06-06-2009, 07:09 AM
I like the instrumental as an instrumental. It's hot...and huge!

ColbyTrio
06-06-2009, 10:29 AM
It seems like each verse is just slightly overlapping the second one, so I spaced them out:
b-boys in the cut.mp3 (http://tindeck.com/listen/eapw)

also, upon reading the other thread, a tempo adjustment was probably all that was needed. Considering one of the boys is scatting the bassline at the beginning of the a capella, I would highly doubt the tracks don't go together.

Sounds great man. Good job.

If this is the song, tickle me horny!

pshabi
06-06-2009, 11:40 AM
4. I'm a idiot. Oh and that pella and instrumental are what the beasties intend to go together.

"I'm a idiot" is classic. DUCY?

Also, forgive me for not trusting you about what pella goes with what instrumental. It probably has something to do with you never being able to match a beat to a pella despite you trying to do it for, what is it, years now? You honestly should go by the name of DJ Deaf cause I've wondered if you can even hear at times. Sorry if I'm "hatin'" but you rub me the wrong way with your shitty spelling, remixes, and overall douchebaggery.

That said, hearing Nygel remix it correctly has changed my opinion. Especially, as one poster pointed out, because it seems Mike is scatting the bassline at the beginning. Great work, Nygel. I'd say it's 50/50.

Instead of letting my strong dislike for DJ Deaf get in the way, I should have said, "That instrumental is bangin'." Cause it is.(y)

MC Boulangerie
06-06-2009, 11:41 AM
that said
http://www.filefactory.com/file/ag46eg6/n/BBoys_In_the_Cut_mp3

i actually matched it up for all ya'lls. without spaces in the vocals
Thank you ! (y)(y)(y)

For those who do not believe that the two tracks go perfectly together, open them in an audio editor and look

senbei
06-06-2009, 11:49 AM
The beat changes and sounds effects are natural fits. I'd be extremely surprised if this was NOT the real beat.

So far I really dig these two tracks: very textured sound, mix of live beats with programmed beats, beat changes, less linear and previsible song structure. The true Beastie sound is back again, and I really hope they go a bit wilder and more experimental on this one, which looks like the case so far :D

I wasn't digging the accapela at all, but with the beat it all make sense. Oh yeah!

darius
06-06-2009, 12:11 PM
I'm definitely feeling this track, the beat goes perfect with the lyrics and there is a distinct beastie type flow with it. I as well didn't get the lucky email, maybe they are splitting things up and are planning on sending out a few other treats to a different select few lucky ones. Whatever the case is I'm just psyched that all this action is going on...

-Remastered albums
-Hidden vinyl
-Minty Fresh remixes
-New shows galore
-Upcoming new album
-Website makeovers
-Selective email

I feel that the BBoys are giving the fans a lot of needed (well deserved) excitement. Can't be mad at that at all, I just want more :D

PS, where you been Minty, hook us up with some more love...

mathcart
06-06-2009, 12:15 PM
I like the instrumental as an instrumental. It's hot...and huge!

Agreed! Why sully those beats...
(y)

Nygel
06-06-2009, 12:45 PM
http://beastiemixes.com/download.php?id=3037&chk=o6an

better link

that beat changes fit perfect, tempos are slightly off (beat at liek 102.5 and vocals at 102.)

MCScoobyT
06-06-2009, 01:21 PM
You honestly should go by the name of DJ Deaf cause I've wondered if you can even hear at times. Sorry if I'm "hatin'" but you rub me the wrong way with your shitty spelling, remixes, and overall douchebaggery.(y)

What I couldn't hear ya?

Oh and my remixes aren't shitty because I'm deaf, it because I'm blind in one eye!

You rub me the wrong way with your instant anger. So someone types something you don’t agree with, your first response is to call them a Fucking Idiot?
Out of your 2,600 posts, 1/2 of them are insulting peeps, the next 1/4 is replying with more anger once they stick up for themselves and the remaining posts, once you have finally gotten out your anger, you sometimes actually have something to say that is on topic and beastie related.

You’re in Vegas right; go give a hooker a dollar to give you a hug!

Jiberish
06-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Thanks Nygel.

After listening to your version of this I'm changing my tune. There is some way it could be the album version. First verse is great, I was really digging it. The 2nd verse still seems odd & off by just a little. 3rd verse/outro feels right.

This song is not as exciting as Lee Majors... & Zap's version was way more exciting. I hope this is an earlier instrumental of it.

YoungRemy
06-06-2009, 01:43 PM

better link

that beat changes fit perfect, tempos are slightly off (beat at liek 102.5 and vocals at 102.)

that one I can stomach.

not bad (y)

it sounds like Original Intergalactic to me...

I keep waiting for

"This is Kissell"!

Laver1969
06-06-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm still digging the instrumental mostly as an instrumental. Nygel's is good and the last half sounds very tight.

Yummsh!
06-06-2009, 02:24 PM
I just threw the two tracks together in Audacity and they sync up pretty well. You gotta cut out the first tiny bit of the music instrumental for them to fit, but once you do that, it's pretty close. Who knows what will turn up on the record (wouldn't be surprised if there were a lot more to this track, maybe from MMM?), but for now, it sounds hot as shit. Can't wait for the record.

Are we done calling each other idiots now? Good. :rolleyes:

Micodin
06-06-2009, 02:26 PM
You’re in Vegas right; go give a hooker a dollar to give you a hug!

What?

Worst insult ever!

Yummsh!
06-06-2009, 02:32 PM

better link

On second thought, Nygel's got this shit on lock. Good job, dude.

Thunder D
06-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Hugs in Vegas cost $10 not $1.....

pshabi
06-06-2009, 03:31 PM

better link

Serious question: If the tracks were really supposed to go together than why would the beats be off as you note above?

Yummsh!
06-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Serious question: If the tracks were really supposed to go together than why would the beats be off as you note above?

They're not THAT far off. Even the song structures of the two tracks are far too similar for them not to go together. Wouldn't it make sense for them to follow up the a capella version with an instrumental track to go with it?

Brother McDuff
06-06-2009, 03:54 PM

the lyrics were sourced from vinyl and vinyl tempo varies during playback. it's not a 100% solid time representation, like cassettes for instance.

seriously, though, this track sounds hella amateur. im willing to bet this is just a dumb little beat they or someone they know put together just for the fun of syncing the two up. in the least, if it is the real jam it must be missing alotta parts. this instrumental could be made in an hour. for reals.

if this is really the beat for this song then god help us. :(

YoungRemy
06-06-2009, 03:57 PM
surely the guys have been rehearsing alot, so who knows what that jam was...

did I mention the bass line is pretty sweet?

Why So Serious?

pshabi
06-06-2009, 03:57 PM
They're not THAT far off. Even the song structures of the two tracks are far too similar for them not to go together. Wouldn't it make sense for them to follow up the a capella version with an instrumental track to go with it?

Yeah, I've come to grips with being wrong about the tracks. Once properly matched up, it seems that they can't NOT go together, especially when you take the beat changes into account. McDuff answered my question.

pshabi
06-06-2009, 03:58 PM

Really? I think it's a much welcomed departure from the beat stylee on TT5B. It is pretty simple though. Either way, I'm gonna crack a smile when Bboys in the cut isn't even on the new album.

Brother McDuff
06-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Really? I think it's a much welcomed departure from the beat stylee on TT5B. It is pretty simple though. Either way, I'm gonna crack a smile when Bboys in the cut isn't even on the new album.

this is the type of beat I feel like a friend would show me. its not bad by any means, but it's just not even close to beastie album quality tracks.

the drums alone are just so stock sounding and boring. kind of a lifeless joint. it works as a remix though.

Yummsh!
06-06-2009, 04:17 PM
I'd be really surprised if this song turns up as-is on the new record. I'm sure they're just giving us a taste, and speaking personally, I dig it. I've wanted a return to CYH-style rhyming over their own instrumentals for a while now, and it looks like we're going to get just that on HSC. Those big empty breaks between verses could use a sample or some scratching in them, though. I'd love to hear MMM add a few layers to this song myself.

For those of you still not convinced that these two tracks go together, I'm not sure what to tell you. It's blatantly obvious that they do. If a total amateur like me can get them synced up and sounding pretty hype in about 20 minutes time, then it's pretty clear to me that they're a match. :p

Micodin
06-06-2009, 04:18 PM
I personally think this instrumental is a "rough draft" they threw out there for us to mix, have fun with, and argue about.

The track will probably be beefed up with MMM scratching and whatnot for the finished product...

I do believe this is the instrumental for B Boys In The Cut. I don't believe that this is the final cut. More will most likely shit will be added on, or scrapped.

My opinion only...

Brother McDuff
06-06-2009, 04:20 PM
I personally think this instrumental is a "rough draft" they threw out there for us to mix, have fun with, and argue about.

that sounds about right to me

Yummsh!
06-06-2009, 04:23 PM

The track will probably be beefed up with MMM scratching and whatnot for the finished product...

I do believe this is the instrumental for B Boys In The Cut. I don't believe that this is the final cut. More will most likely shit will be added on, or scrapped.

My opinion only...

Exactly. Besides, if there are samples that go along with this song, as well, I could see why they wouldn't be able to release them as part of a free download. Besides, the Boys know a lot of us out here are DJs and remixers. I think it's cool they gave us something to play around with so far in advance.

pm0ney
06-06-2009, 04:36 PM
I love it, honestly. I think people haven't matched the instrumental with the acapella 100%, but I think it's dynamite regardless. Obviously it's going to sound better on the finished album, this is prob some rough-ish.

EDIT: Oh, and Mike D is dominant on this track.

RobMoney$
06-06-2009, 10:42 PM
the drums alone are just so stock sounding and boring. kind of a lifeless joint.

I've got to agree.
and this was the same problem I had with TT5B.

I feel like it's a sick bassline, but the rest just feels like it's missing something IMO. It's another "Fisher-Price" beat.
This album's gonna be another TT5B.(n)

destructo
06-06-2009, 10:50 PM
^ nice avatar!

MCScoobyT
06-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Yeah, I've come to grips with being wrong about the tracks. Once properly matched up, it seems that they can't NOT go together, especially when you take the beat changes into account. McDuff answered my question.

Thanks for calling me a fucking idiot over and over because I came to this conclusion before you.

Wanna smoke a peace pipe with me? :)
I filled it with Colorado’s best kind bud, it should mellow us both out a bit. (y)

Kid Presentable
06-06-2009, 11:20 PM
the lyrics were sourced from vinyl and vinyl tempo varies during playback. it's not a 100% solid time representation, like cassettes for instance.

seriously, though, this track sounds hella amateur. im willing to bet this is just a dumb little beat they or someone they know put together just for the fun of syncing the two up. in the least, if it is the real jam it must be missing alotta parts. this instrumental could be made in an hour. for reals.

You, McDuff, are right. This shit is hell underwhelming as is. Particularly if there's been talk of a 'bizarre' direction to this record. The only thing bizarre about it is how much people are feeling it. Did nobody listen to the Jay Z D.O.A link mickill posted in 'other music'? That's what this song is up against in its present form.

I'm hoping there are parts missing, too. It's nice, but the last two albums were represented by arguably the strongest tracks first (Check it out, Off the Grid). If this is it, then ouch. I do have a feeeeeeeeling there will be more to it (like a sample and scratches)....

Brother McDuff
06-07-2009, 01:13 AM
Did nobody listen to the Jay Z D.O.A link mickill posted in 'other music'? That's what this song is up against in its present form.

I cant tell if you were dissing or praising D.O.A. there, but in my opinion i think its kinda weak. The lyrics are there, I think, but the beat just sounds like a really strong foundation for a beat, not a fully developed produsction.

Kid Presentable
06-07-2009, 03:03 AM
I cant tell if you were dissing or praising D.O.A. there, but in my opinion i think its kinda weak. The lyrics are there, I think, but the beat just sounds like a really strong foundation for a beat, not a fully developed produsction.

All I'm sayin is it's 2009 and D.O.A knocks far more than this beat (which in itself hopefully isn't a fully developed production either). I don't think the Boys come with something so amateur-ish without it either being a diversion or a scrapped idea.

Nerd Fight
06-07-2009, 05:49 AM
I thought it was a bit boring at first, but now I like it.
It's kind of laid back but the beat is kind of hypnotic, and I like the change-ups.
It's got more life and heart than anything off tt5b.
So far for me the new songs are 2 for 2.(y)

laurie_hammy
06-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Would love to see a tracklist soon of the new album to see if the 2 new songs are on the album. Would like to know how many songs are on the album too.

Micodin
06-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Would love to see a tracklist soon of the new album to see if the 2 new songs are on the album. Would like to know how many songs are on the album too.

i heard like 30+...

Rodie
06-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Yeah I read somewhere that it's "a bunch of short songs that sort of run into each other" or something to that effect. Neither of these songs are that short though. Although between Lee Majors and In the Cut I'm thinking that "The Mix-Up" would have been a better title for this album rather than the last one.

dust monkey
06-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Dear Durst Monkey-

Cheers, oh and fuck the police.

1. If you don't like Martjins tell him, or re-synch it better, yourself.
---I don't diskike, just don't like as much.
2. If you like More In Stone so much tell DeeJayZap, he made it.
---DEEjay ZaP - I love your version a lot!!
3. You cared enough to reply to me with 7 points.
---I do care, just the kinda guy I am.
---I might believe you....I still like More in Store better.
5. I hate cops.
---Some are ok, my bro is one and he is ok...even goes to Beastie concerts with me!
6. Limp Biscuit doesn't like Martijns mash-up either. But I do.
---I would kick the front guy of LB in the nuts if I could. I really would.
7. Thank god I'm finally done, now can we be friends, you FUCKING IDOIT:)
---Fair Enough I say.....I now consider you one of my best friends. I give all my BF's nicknames so I've decided that yours will be BFF Fucking Idiot!! So that now I know you know that me and you will ever never feel or be alone without a hug or a friend!

roosta
06-07-2009, 05:03 PM
i like the instrumental

RobMoney$
06-07-2009, 10:33 PM
I'm hoping there are parts missing, too. It's nice, but the last two albums were represented by arguably the strongest tracks first (Check it out, Off the Grid). If this is it, then ouch. I do have a feeeeeeeeling there will be more to it (like a sample and scratches)....

Do you really think some scratches or a sample would change anything that drastically?
I don't.

brooklyndust
06-08-2009, 02:27 AM
I like it a lot. Sounds good. Sounds different. The bassline is nice. I agree it would be cool if mix master touched it up with some scratches and samples.

Kid Presentable
06-08-2009, 07:25 AM
The bassline is nice. Real nice. In fact, if it's a Yauch original, then wow.

camo
06-08-2009, 07:31 AM
It's got an organic kinda feel to it but I must admit that I'm not a fan of any of this new shit.

Kid Presentable
06-08-2009, 07:35 AM
It's weird, after how much I loved Lee Majors, and now for the first time I'm hoping something off that 45 isn't on the album.

Maybe it'll be like when In a World Gone Mad came out. When Ch-Check it Out dropped it seemed like a rollerskating unicorn flipping pancakes blindfolded on a merry-go-round compared to IAWGM. Or maybe at 28 years old I should just admit I'm not that into it, and be happy for other fans who are.

camo
06-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Or maybe at 28 years old I should just admit I'm not that into it, and be happy for other fans who are.

Been thinking that too, but then this always happens with me and an announcement of a new album always re ignites my love for them but this time (28 too) I'm feeling a bit 'meh' about the whole thing.

Getting old blows.

Kid Presentable
06-08-2009, 07:46 AM
Shit ain't The Wiggles.

camo
06-08-2009, 07:55 AM
Shit ain't The Wiggles.

Oh (http://amatematica.no.sapo.pt/bdimg/beastie_boys_triple_prcds.jpg) I don't (http://www.vnn.vn/dataimages/original/images278431_Beastie_Boys.jpg) know... (http://www.beastiemania.com/songspotlight/images/alive.jpg)

MC Boulangerie
06-08-2009, 11:22 AM
I agree with some of the people here, Lee Majors and B-Boys In The Cut are low-grade tracks for the Beasties level.

camo
06-08-2009, 11:29 AM
I agree with some of the people here, Lee Majors and B-Boys In The Cut are low-grade tracks for the Beasties level.

I hope you can fight.

*waits for the backlash*

cj hood
06-08-2009, 11:52 AM
CIO was the weakest single they ever put out....LM would make a perfect lead off single for HSC....and....BBITC needs some MMM and it would be a nice addition to the new record.

ymca

Brother McDuff
06-08-2009, 02:03 PM

an inconvenient truth, indeed

pm0ney
06-08-2009, 06:03 PM
CIO was the weakest single they ever put out....LM would make a perfect lead off single for HSC....and....BBITC needs some MMM and it would be a nice addition to the new record.

ymca

CJ, you're insane. Lee Majors is an anti-single. You can't even make out what their saying in the hook.

Micodin
06-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Personally, I would of dropped Triple Trouble before Ch-Check It Out.

My opinion only.

Pootytang
06-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Shit ain't The Wiggles.

That just popped a image into my head. Imagine if the guys did a tribute style video to the Wiggles for the first single from the new album. Wouldn't that be great... Hmm?

cj hood
06-08-2009, 08:40 PM
CJ, you're insane. Lee Majors is an anti-single. You can't even make out what their saying in the hook.

its better when they're corny lyrics are muffled and backed with an ill beat....that's one of the main reasons why TT5B failed....

the LM vid should have lee majors in the 6MDM red jumpsuit doing crazy fetes while the boys play in the background....it has so much potential...

JohnnyChavello
06-08-2009, 09:18 PM
I fucking love this instrumental. When the beat changes up at 56 seconds in - that sounds fucking gangster to me. Don't get me wrong, I love the Hello Nasty, To the 5 Boroughs stuff in bits and pieces, but it's so different and so much more electronic and less organic than something like 3 Minute Rule. They haven't recorded anything like this in a long time as far as I can tell; and it is stuff like this that got me hooked on the Beastie Boys to begin with.

I sort of agree that the timbre of some of the drums could be better, but none of the music is clear enough to get a good sense of what it would sound like in full effect. Listen to the crowd noises in what I assume is the chorus - that would be much crisper in a finished recording. I haven't heard a hip hop track recorded with this feel in a long time - somebody said Microphone Fiend, which is a good reference because this sounds like something of that era. Rolling bass line, drum samples and changes, atmospheric samples, experimentation: A fucking plus.

pshabi
06-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Personally, I would of dropped Triple Trouble before Ch-Check It Out.

My opinion only.

Yuck. Triple Trouble is their 2nd weakest single ever (after Hey Ladies). Trip Troub had absolutely no radio appeal.

pm0ney
06-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Yuck. Triple Trouble is their 2nd weakest single ever (after Hey Ladies). Trip Troub had absolutely no radio appeal.

Yeah. Ch Check It Out was a much better single than Triple Trouble. I think it was actually one of their highest chart appearances too, but don't quote me on that.

destructo
06-08-2009, 10:35 PM

to hell with radio... just my opinion.

M.C. Guevera
06-09-2009, 12:07 AM
Yeah. Ch Check It Out was a much better single than Triple Trouble. I think it was actually one of their highest chart appearances too, but don't quote me on that.

"Ch-Check It Out" did pretty good, but "Intergalactic" was their last Top 40 mainstream hit (peaking at #28).

M.C. Guevera
06-09-2009, 12:31 AM
its better when they're corny lyrics are muffled and backed with an ill beat....that's one of the main reasons why TT5B failed....

What do you mean "failed"? The album debuted at #1!

Kid Presentable
06-09-2009, 12:53 AM
At work now, and I've listened to the instrumental a lot.

Kid Presentable
06-09-2009, 12:58 AM
Do you really think some scratches or a sample would change anything that drastically?
I don't.

Yes, Robert. One does.

The vocals aren't mixed in properly, so I can't hear the 'crowd' parts clearly. And the claps in those same crowd parts at the end might be accentuated by another layer of claps (claps and claps and claps I just love typing it) or somesuch, because that would make that sparse drum break come to life. And also, the hook may be a sample or whithertohitherto, which might liven it up a bit. Then some cuts. Who knows?

Inevitably, it could still wind up sounding better for just sounding like a finished song.

Micodin
06-09-2009, 07:32 AM

Whatever.

Who still listens to the radio?

Kid Presentable
06-09-2009, 08:27 AM
Yeah man, the internet is totally the new radio.

Kid Presentable
06-09-2009, 08:57 AM
At home now, full of Melbourne Bitter.

Matchstikk
06-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Triple Trouble is BY FAR my favorite track off 5 Boroughs. The rhyme flow is excellent, the beats are dope, the whole track is brilliant.

destructo
06-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Triple Trouble is BY FAR my favorite track off 5 Boroughs. The rhyme flow is excellent, the beats are dope, the whole track is brilliant.

I like Triple Trouble, it's ok. I just never thought the Beasties would pull a Puff Daddy and redo a classic song with a new beat. That was a bit of a let down.

Jiberish
06-10-2009, 11:02 AM
I like Triple Trouble, it's ok. I just never thought the Beasties would pull a Puff Daddy and redo a classic song with a new beat. That was a bit of a let down.

They re-do other people's stuff all the time.

destructo
06-10-2009, 01:37 PM
They re-do other people's stuff all the time.

They sample, but not like that. Triple Trouble was Rappers Delight with a new beat and lyrics. I admit I was a bit harsh with the "Puff Daddy" comment, but he is the king of that shit and that is what I call that kind of music making. I guess everyone is entitled to a fun and easy track in their career and the Beasties pretty much do what they want, which is why I listen to them.

Anyway, I do have high hopes for the next album as I have with all of the past Beastie albums.

Micodin
06-10-2009, 04:34 PM

Learn your Hip-Hop knowledge.

So, I guess you have never heard Root Down?

It's basically them rapping over the Jimmy Smith's "Root Down (And Get It)".

Besides, "Triple Trouble" only samples the opening break from "Rapper's Delight"... Not the entire song like Puff Daddy does/did.

MCScoobyT
06-10-2009, 06:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d1l5_dMVFs&feature=related

Brother McDuff
06-10-2009, 07:41 PM

excellent.(y) never knew that reference.

destructo
06-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Learn your Hip-Hop knowledge.

So, I guess you have never heard Root Down?

It's basically them rapping over the Jimmy Smith's "Root Down (And Get It)".

Besides, "Triple Trouble" only samples the opening break from "Rapper's Delight"... Not the entire song like Puff Daddy does/did.

I guess you would be the know-all?

Micodin
06-11-2009, 06:40 AM

No, I'm the guy that has a brain and a little common sense. You must be the other guy.

Kid Presentable
06-11-2009, 08:50 AM
excellent.(y) never knew that reference.

:eek: I thought Wild Style was compulsory viewing for Beastie geeks. From here on out it definitely needs to be added to the curriculum.

Bernard Goetz
06-11-2009, 11:20 AM

Triple Trouble is not "Rappers Delight with a new beat and lyrics." They didn't even use the (Chic) bassline, which is the most memorable thing about Rappers Delight (except the chicken that tasted like wood). They basically took the first three seconds of Rappers Delight...kind of ingenius actually.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqFpAF70UWI

fonky pizza
06-11-2009, 12:01 PM
I didn't get this newsletter!!!:confused:

Jiberish
06-11-2009, 12:21 PM

Thank you for putting that up. That was my point. "they re-do other people's stuff all the time"

Brother McDuff
06-11-2009, 01:49 PM
:eek: I thought Wild Style was compulsory viewing for Beastie geeks. From here on out it definitely needs to be added to the curriculum.

:o hehe, I definitely slept on that one.