PDA

View Full Version : Videos for the new album

Nerd Fight
07-06-2009, 04:52 AM
I don't know about anyone else but I thought that the whole lo-fi, '3 guys in matching clothing rapping in new york' videos from the TT5B era got a bit repetitive.

I miss the videos with cool themes, like Body Movin, Intergalactic, Sabotage. I hope they do something cool with the videos for the new album. Maybe work with Spike Jonze again, or Michel Gondry....

just my 2 pence.

mate_spawn_die
07-06-2009, 05:13 AM
yes

the videos for TTFB were as bland as the album

except i love the rhyme the rhyme well song and vid

hopefully they are bringing back the creativity

Kid Presentable
07-06-2009, 05:15 AM
Spoiled children. No matter what we get, we want something different.

camo
07-06-2009, 05:18 AM
Spoiled children. No matter what we get, we want something different.

Or in this case more of the same.

gbsuey
07-06-2009, 05:22 AM
or a bit like the same but with new bits too

Kid Presentable
07-06-2009, 06:11 AM
When people say they want another Mullethead or Hello Nasty, they are discounting the fact that they already have one. I turned my nose up at Hello Nasty and The Mix Up. More recently I wondered what had changed. I had. So I tried to take them both in with open ears and a more open mind, and I like them. I listen to The Mix Up at work; RobMoney was right. Miramanee was right.

I dismissed B-Boys in the Cut, loved Lee Majors. Started thinking about the album, about how crazy it is that 2 songs like that are on it. Then thought about the Nas cut on top of that. Crazy. Then accepted that I can enjoy B-Boys in the Cut if I remind myself not to be a surly twat.

Brother McDuff
07-06-2009, 06:14 AM
The Ch-Check It Out video wasn't shabby; it seemed a little more "official".

I expect at least one shiny video for this record. Lead single promotion for sure, hopefully a follow-up. Then prolly a handful of the usual, scattered, lo-fi vids.

Kid Presentable
07-06-2009, 06:16 AM
Lee Majors video is being shot in shopping centres. Like Spike Jonze 'stealing' the footage style.

Bernard Goetz
07-06-2009, 08:27 AM
No love for the Triple Trouble video? Damn.

Nerd Fight
07-06-2009, 09:35 AM
I quite like the TT5B videos, including Triple Trouble...I mean, where else am I going to see Yauch dressed as a fried egg? But they all kind of...I dunno...got a bit samey.

I really like the new tracks, so I hope like McDuff said there'll be a couple of shiny videos to go with the album...not necessarily super expensive with product placement and whatnot...just unique and memorable

undercover shopping mall video for Lee Majors sounds kinda cool(y)

DJ Pioneer
07-06-2009, 01:26 PM
What about the video for "Start"? I only saw it once, it was on MTV in the overnight hours, surprisingly. Wasn't it Mike D combing his hair and washing up in the bathroom? Funny stuff.

Brother McDuff
07-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Lee Majors video is being shot in shopping centres. Like Spike Jonze 'stealing' the footage style.

In the video itself they are at the mall stealing shopping carts, wheel chairs, and hot pretzels. Yauch doubles as a mall cop, Mike as the perfume lady, and Adrock as that fuckin' brat that keeps runnin' up and down the escalator.

destructo
07-06-2009, 02:36 PM
When people say they want another Mullethead or Hello Nasty, they are discounting the fact that they already have one. I turned my nose up at Hello Nasty and The Mix Up. More recently I wondered what had changed. I had. So I tried to take them both in with open ears and a more open mind, and I like them. I listen to The Mix Up at work; RobMoney was right. Miramanee was right.

I did the same thing with TT5B. I never thought of it a bad album, but I was disappointed with it. About a month ago, I sat down, cleared my mind and listened TT5B again. I have a new respect for that album now and I no longer think of it as a black mark for the Beasties.

Anyway, Intergalactic, Body Movin' and Ch-Check it Out are some of my favorite videos. Triple Trouble is pretty good too.

Is there really a video for Start?

TAL
07-06-2009, 03:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI7oh4q6dgk

Start video featuring Adrock's brother.

Kid Presentable
07-07-2009, 04:47 AM
In the video itself they are at the mall stealing shopping carts, wheel chairs, and hot pretzels. Yauch doubles as a mall cop, Mike as the perfume lady, and Adrock as that fuckin' brat that keeps runnin' up and down the escalator.

Actually, they're performing Lee Majors at various malls under the pretence of being buskers/light entertainment.

laurie_hammy
07-07-2009, 07:32 AM
Actually, they're performing Lee Majors at various malls under the pretence of being buskers/light entertainment.

I hope they do a video for Lee Major, that song is fuckin SiK