PDA

View Full Version : Too many rappers - Vidi-idi-o

ham and cheese
07-09-2009, 11:57 AM
I think the image proves this is getting a video - Nas and Beastie Boys rolling in the supermarket...

http://http://www.amazon.com/Too-Many-Rappers-featuring-Nas/dp/B002GIHMH8/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1247153541&sr=1-20 (http://http//www.amazon.com/Too-Many-Rappers-featuring-Nas/dp/B002GIHMH8/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1247153541&sr=1-20)

ham and cheese
07-09-2009, 12:00 PM
and the first snippet of the actual song... cool

dirtydan11
07-09-2009, 12:30 PM
I think the image proves this is getting a video - Nas and Beastie Boys rolling in the supermarket...

http://http://www.amazon.com/Too-Many-Rappers-featuring-Nas/dp/B002GIHMH8/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1247153541&sr=1-20 (http://http//www.amazon.com/Too-Many-Rappers-featuring-Nas/dp/B002GIHMH8/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1247153541&sr=1-20)

http://www.amazon.com/Too-Many-Rappers-featuring-Nas/dp/B002GIHMH8/ref=dm_ap_alb25

try this link if the first one doesn't work.. didn't work for me so i had to look for it.... and thanks!!

and oh my God! Adrock has got balls in that pic

paul jones
07-09-2009, 12:30 PM
nice preview(y)

pshabi
07-09-2009, 01:42 PM
and the first snippet of the actual song... cool

Now that shit sounds right! Gimme album.

laurie_hammy
07-09-2009, 01:45 PM
:O This is the best ! Thanks heaps. Loved that preview ! Sounds a lot like the live version but so much better an clearer. God, this followed by those unreleased Hello Nasty tracks, iv never had so much Beastie related exticement.

Brother McDuff
07-09-2009, 03:20 PM
now that's what i call some fresh produce

darius
07-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Awesome... this track sounds tight, september can't come any sooner

DJ Pioneer
07-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the link. It's great to hear an actual snippet of the song. It's cool to see Nas chilling in the grocery store with the Boys.

FittenTrimMC
07-09-2009, 06:24 PM
I'm going the other way... sounds flat. Lifeless. I was thinking after the Bonnaroo youtube clips that this song would sound great on the album... but that snippet puts me to sleep.

Lee Majors is the only new one that kicks.

destructo
07-09-2009, 08:13 PM
In the words of Borat: Very Nice!

cj hood
07-09-2009, 08:29 PM
i feel a great opportunity has been missed...

timmie
07-09-2009, 08:45 PM
wow...a snippet! sounds cool, although I must agree "Lifeless". Only that from what I've heard from Bonnaroo on youtube when adrock and Mike D come in was fast and tight, it sounded a little "lifeless" but its a fucking tight track though! excited for new album to drop. I think this track when played live is awsum.

The new album is going to be sick!!

timmie
07-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Sorry guys! Im an arse! just realised that Lifeless was abit extreme! listened again to it! Fucking awsum! this is a sick track.(y)

destructo
07-09-2009, 09:35 PM
:O This is the best ! Thanks heaps. Loved that preview ! Sounds a lot like the live version but so much better an clearer. God, this followed by those unreleased Hello Nasty tracks, iv never had so much Beastie related exticement.

I'm feeling your excitement. Like I said before, I'm gonna blow my load!

Nomen Nescio
07-10-2009, 02:12 AM
Aight.. now I'm startin' to get a bit excited.

pshabi
07-10-2009, 03:47 AM
Shit's dope people. The beats, the mics, all that shit. Dope, dope, DOPE.

(drunk...drunk...drunk):o

Kid Presentable
07-10-2009, 04:49 AM
I think the most lifeless thing about it is sitting in front of the computer, in your undies possibly, acting like you know. Opinions are great, but lifeless is a shit one.

jennyb
07-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Now that shit sounds right! Gimme album.

I second this.

Miho
07-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Does anyone else think the live version is better than the studio version? The flows sound a lot slower on the album version, and a lot speedier and animated on the live version.

FittenTrimMC
07-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Yeah Miho, I do.

Some people don't like Lee Majors ; I think it's the best thing I've heard by them in a decade.

Some folks like this little snippet of Too Many Rappers ; I don't. I used "lifeless", but if you want more: IMO - Not a fan of the echo. The music is too low in the mix. The rapping sounds "laid back". I prefer the dense multi-layered music from P'sB, CYH, IL & HN to the more minimal (one record/sample) approach of 2T5Bs and this song. On all 3 new songs, Lee Majors, Too Many Rs, & BB in the M, I wish they were interchanging lines/rhymes rather than 4 lines, Mike D, 4 lines Adrock, etc.

If you disagree, good I'm an Ahole :eek:

Bernard Goetz
07-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Does anyone else think the live version is better than the studio version? The flows sound a lot slower on the album version, and a lot speedier and animated on the live version.
You've decided this from the 15 seconds we've heard of the studio version, streaming on a web site? Yikes.

mathcart
07-10-2009, 06:39 PM

All I know is that I couldn't hear anything but them (and a little bass) in the 'roo clips- and hearing the actually track (albeit 15 seconds of it) really makes me feel MUCH better about it! It sounds hot to death...

(y)

Kid Presentable
07-10-2009, 09:00 PM
I prefer the dense multi-layered music from P'sB, CYH, IL & HN

Shit, imagine if you had those albums to listen to. :rolleyes:

It's interesting that it's slower than the live version. One of the drawbacks of the live stuff is how fast some of it is. The recent clips of Sure Shot being played at it's album speed show that quick tempo isn't always a good thing. I think this is going to be a good, murky sounding hip-hop song. Something they've been missing. It even has vocal overdubs, which is something I can't recall them ever really using. Not noticeably, anyway.

I like that the bass loop that I thought was upright sounds more like fuzz, and that the percussion reminds me of Bonzo's Montreaux, on top of a very When the Levee Breaks beat.Layered percussion. Sorta nuanced. It's flames. For me. And I have no taste. Chris Nieratko.

pshabi
07-10-2009, 10:34 PM
Is it really "slower" than the live cut? Eh, either way, conversation in this thread is lame. The album will come out in September. Most of us are gonna like it, some of us are gonna love the shit out of it, and the rest are gonna find something to bitch about.

It's been this way since I've been apart of the bboy internet "community" (April/May '98). When Hello Nasty was getting ready to drop, people were talking about how Ill Comm was shit and the bboys fell off with that. I'm not exaggerating either. It was like a constant point of discussion. I can't remember the last time I read a negative remark about IC on here.

The point I'm not making is...this is going to be JUST like ALL of the bboys albums. It's going to be the bboys making music that makes them happy. It's going to make a lot of fans happy too. The rest of yous can suck a dick, I guess. Just not mine. You fuckers rake teef too much.

Rodie
07-11-2009, 03:42 AM
It definitely is slower, but they generally play their songs a bit faster live... 3 MCs and One DJ immediately comes to mind.

laurie_hammy
07-11-2009, 05:04 AM
You've decided this from the 15 seconds we've heard of the studio version, streaming on a web site? Yikes.

True, not worth making any decisions just yet.
An of course songs sound a lot more hyped live, thats the way it is with most artists anyway. Start judging July 21 I reckon.

Michelle*s_Farm
07-11-2009, 05:07 AM
Is it really "slower" than the live cut? Eh, either way, conversation in this thread is lame. The album will come out in September. Most of us are gonna like it, some of us are gonna love the shit out of it, and the rest are gonna find something to bitch about.

It's been this way since I've been apart of the bboy internet "community" (April/May '98). When Hello Nasty was getting ready to drop, people were talking about how Ill Comm was shit and the bboys fell off with that. I'm not exaggerating either. It was like a constant point of discussion. I can't remember the last time I read a negative remark about IC on here.

The point I'm not making is...this is going to be JUST like ALL of the bboys albums. It's going to be the bboys making music that makes them happy. It's going to make a lot of fans happy too. The rest of yous can suck a dick, I guess. Just not mine. You fuckers rake teef too much.

That does summarise the history of the board pretty well. I guess I would add that at least the fans on this board are capable of criticising their favorite band, changing their opinions and capable of listening to other music. Even though the posts can get tedious and predictable (sometimes) I feel the message board is a solid source of information and some posts are excellent (i.e., provide intelligent, funny or interesting critical comments). Another topic that seems to come up a lot is the absence of past collaborators (e.g., Mario Caldato). Regardless based on what I have heard from the new LP (which is limited) it does seem like it will be a strong contribution by the band. That is good news for all fans.

M.C. Guevera
07-11-2009, 05:19 AM

Heh, over the past 10 years, I've seen many a fan say Hello Nasty was the Beasties' dropoff point.

Hell, for alot of people, Licensed To Ill was the only good Beastie Boys album. Check out the album sales. Licensed To Ill is STILL their best selling album.

pesto pizza
07-11-2009, 06:21 AM
to me because I love hip hop since 1987 this song sounds like true HIP HOP just like proffessor booty.there is alot of people into rock/indie music that like the beastie boys that don't like TT5B and their real hip hop stuff....well tough shit,theres plenty of us that do.

laurie_hammy
07-11-2009, 06:47 AM
to me because I love hip hop since 1987 this song sounds like true HIP HOP just like proffessor booty.there is alot of people into rock/indie music that like the beastie boys that don't like TT5B and their real hip hop stuff....well tough shit,theres plenty of us that do.

Spot On !!!

Brother McDuff
07-11-2009, 06:52 AM
HSC is a guaranteed treat, i feel. anyone who isn't feeling where the beastie boys' heads are currently at should remind themselves why they are here in the first place. they seem to be back in a zone. thats good for all of us.(y)

roosta
07-11-2009, 07:22 AM

this is probably my favourite post ever in Beastie General. Spot on.

In fact it should be a sticky.

also, this sample sounds noice.

gbsuey
07-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Ha bloody ha Amazon-yeah thanks, every time i try to listen to this my internet disappears completely.....not even freezes or starts to shut down-just goes. harumph.

dirtydan11
07-11-2009, 09:31 AM
Ha bloody ha Amazon-yeah thanks, every time i try to listen to this my internet disappears completely.....not even freezes or starts to shut down-just goes. harumph.

my favourite post ever :D

harumph !

destructo
07-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Heh, over the past 10 years, I've seen many a fan say Hello Nasty was the Beasties' dropoff point.

Hell, for alot of people, Licensed To Ill was the only good Beastie Boys album. Check out the album sales. Licensed To Ill is STILL their best selling album.

That is because frat boys of the world still can't get enough of it to this day.

Mr. Smacktackle
07-11-2009, 10:07 AM
the bassline is basically a routine heavily implemented throughout The Mix Up record, four descending notes in equal duration (B For My Name, The Melee, The Kangaroo Rat...)

Kid Presentable
07-11-2009, 10:48 AM
^ No shit. Also, I want to hear how the bass sounds during the hook.

carlson.213
07-11-2009, 10:52 AM

as a frequent visitor and reader of posts i feel that most bboy fans are rock/rapping oriented fans who prefer check your head over hello nasty. Give it up for the true hip hop fans though, who think the bboys rip up the beat box. so pesto... i second that

Kid Presentable
07-11-2009, 10:53 AM
as a frequent visitor and reader of posts i feel that most bboy fans are rock/rapping oriented fans who prefer check your head over hello nasty. Give it up for the true hip hop fans though, who think the bboys rip up the beat box. so pesto... i second that

If anything their fans like diverse styles of music.

Bernard Goetz
07-11-2009, 11:18 AM
That is because frat boys of the world still can't get enough of it to this day.

Or, because it's a great fookin' record.

M.C. Guevera
07-11-2009, 05:36 PM

Alot of hardcore hip-hop heads feel the same way. The ones who eat, sleep and breathe hip-hop, and refuse to listen to anything else. I've noticed that alot of them think that the Beastie Boys begin and end with Licensed To Ill. Apparently, it's their most "pure hip-hop" record. Which is funny when you consider that Paul's Boutique was their next album after Licensed To Ill. All the samples, the lyrics, the swagger on Paul's Boutique...that's more "pure hip-hop" than anything on Licensed To Ill, IMO. But to alot of them, the Beasties "became a rock and roll band" after Licensed To Ill, and that turned alot of hardcore hip-hop heads off.

Even MTV agrees with them. When MTV did its Top 10 Greatest Rap Groups Of All-Time list, they completely omitted the Beastie Boys, because according to the people making the list, the Beasties got "too rock" after Licensed To Ill. For alot of people, the Beastie Boys are a rock band that happens to rap.

Anyway, I'm happy to see more love being shown for the Beasties other albums besides LTI in the general public over the past 2-3 years. I think part of that is because of "So What'cha Want?" and "Sabotage" appearing in Rock Band and Guitar Hero, and because of YouTube allowing anyone and everyone to create homemade DIY Beastie Boys music videos. It's good to see people recognize that they existed past 1987, because for a while there it was really annoying and tiring to see every Beastie Boys reference, segment, interview, etc. have to do with "YOU'VE GOTTA FIGHT...*DUN DUN*...FOR YOUR RIGHT...*DUN DUN DUN*...TO PARRRRRRRRTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYY!" again and again and again and again. I heard more than once, "They USED to be good. Until they all became Buddhist monks!" :rolleyes:

Kid Presentable
07-11-2009, 10:13 PM
I could name 10 better hip-hop artists than the Beastie Boys, but I couldn't name 10 bands I like better.

Edit: The overdubs make MCA sound good creepy.

FittenTrimMC
07-12-2009, 03:52 PM
As one of the people not feeling TMRs or BBintheC, let me state that my fav BB albums in order are:

1. P'sB
2. LTI
3. CYH
tie: 4. IC & HN
5. 2T5Bs
6. TMU

Yes, we all love them, but they aren't infallible. Dare I mention In A World Gone Mad?