PDA

View Full Version : La Coka Nostra

KevG
07-14-2009, 12:10 AM
Thoughts?

paulb
07-14-2009, 12:31 AM
La Coka Nostra....with DJ Lethal, who is in Limp Bizkit and was in House Of Pain, who toured with the Bboys in 92.... think about that for a minute...

camo
07-14-2009, 03:36 AM
See Here:

http://beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=85980&highlight=Coka+Nostra

Odie
07-14-2009, 06:31 AM
A awful display of tubby middle aged white rappers thuging it up.

MCScoobyT
07-14-2009, 10:21 AM
I think they should add MC Search, Haystack, Remedy and Vanilla Ice to get their number up to 9. Then they could call it the White-Tang Clan.:o

dust monkey
07-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Thoughts?

TOO MANY RAPPERS

bigblu89
07-14-2009, 12:35 PM
I saw them open for Cypress Hill 2 years ago.

I was towards the back of the pit, so I didn't have a great view, all I kept thinking was "Wow that guy looks like Everlast in a fatsuit".

Turns out it was Everlast.

Thunder D
07-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Ive heard both their EP and LP. Not really anything special. Pretty boring, lame lyrics. There is a Eminem dis song. Its some pretty shitty rhymes from Everlast. Im sure Em will never respond to that garbage.

pm0ney
07-14-2009, 06:07 PM

Hahaha. This.

Club Molecule
07-14-2009, 06:58 PM
They do seem pretty awful.

KevG
07-14-2009, 08:17 PM

Very weird that middle-aged rappers do it better than the ones that are topping the charts with their auto-tuned version of the same thing...

Slaine is 32 - DJ Lethal is 36 - Ill Bill is 36 - Everlast is 39 - Danny Boy is 41

All of Wu-Tang is between 38-43... WAIT! The Beastie Boys are friggin' older... MCA is gonna be 45 next month... whatever....

I think they should add MC Search, Haystack, Remedy and Vanilla Ice to get their number up to 9. Then they could call it the White-Tang Clan.:o

TOO MANY RAPPERS

Haha! to both of those..

Ive heard both their EP and LP. Not really anything special. Pretty boring, lame lyrics. There is a Eminem dis song. Its some pretty shitty rhymes from Everlast. Im sure Em will never respond to that garbage.

What is this Eminem dis track you speak of? Not "Whitey's Revenge" from like 8 years ago (which was responded to).. and that has nothing to do with this group.

pm0ney
07-14-2009, 09:23 PM
The fact that they named themselves La Coka Nostra is enough to dismiss them completely. Ooooo, mafia references so original.

KevG
07-14-2009, 09:26 PM
The fact that they named themselves La Coka Nostra is enough to dismiss them completely. Ooooo, mafia references so original.

How original is ANY Hip Hop anymore?

I do agree it is a stupid name though...

Videodrome
07-15-2009, 07:23 AM
Are you going to defend them as each response comes in?

La Coka Nostra are gimmick rappers. Everything Everlast has ever done is a gimmick (irish pride, folk singer, and now coke rapper). ICP is no different. Gimmick rappers get zero respect. What makes the Beastie Boys different is the fact they have switched their style up numerous times but still stayed true to the art and culture of hip hop. Not to mention the fact that they're pioneers in the game.

My personal thoughts are that La Coka Nostra are two washed up rappers, one dj, and two mcs that lack mainstream appeal. They're cornball to the max.

pshabi
07-15-2009, 06:01 PM
/end thread

KevG
07-16-2009, 01:15 AM
Are you going to defend them as each response comes in?

La Coka Nostra are gimmick rappers. Everything Everlast has ever done is a gimmick (irish pride, folk singer, and now coke rapper). ICP is no different. Gimmick rappers get zero respect. What makes the Beastie Boys different is the fact they have switched their style up numerous times but still stayed true to the art and culture of hip hop. Not to mention the fact that they're pioneers in the game.

My personal thoughts are that La Coka Nostra are two washed up rappers, one dj, and two mcs that lack mainstream appeal. They're cornball to the max.

Blah blah blah... I love how you guys defend the Beasties to the end and dis all other white rappers.. You sould like a bunch of white-hating Eminems who noticeably dis other white artists..

LCN is better than anything that is on mainstream radio right now regardles of topic.. beats are sick.. that new CD is 100X better than the last Beasties CD (TT5B).

pm0ney
07-16-2009, 01:30 AM
Blah blah blah... I love how you guys defend the Beasties to the end and dis all other white rappers.. You sould like a bunch of white-hating Eminems who noticeably dis other white artists..

LCN is better than anything that is on mainstream radio right now regardles of topic.. beats are sick.. that new CD is 100X better than the last Beasties CD (TT5B).

Man, the people commenting in this thread, they dont sound like white-hating anything. They sound like people who think La Coka Nostra suck. You sound agitated that people think your boys are corny, which they are. Everlast is a gimmick rapper, yeah he can flow but so can Tom Green. To even compare them to the Beastie Boys is insane. Why does this topic even exist? No one cares about a bunch of washed up has beens. TT5B went platinum, TMU won a grammy and the new joint has Nasty Nas and Santigold on it. That's why you can't compare the two, because one are successful and have stayed relevant for almost 30 years and the other are a glorified Insane Clown Posse. No one on a Beastie Boys board wants to talk about Everlast. You asked for it, brotha.

Brother McDuff
07-16-2009, 12:40 PM
/end thread

--fin--

Bernard Goetz
07-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Why hasn't this been moved to 'Other Music'?
I listened to half of 'That's Coke' thanks to this thread. Terrible. I want my two minutes back.

Micodin
07-16-2009, 05:25 PM
beats are sick.. that new CD is 100X better than the last Beasties CD (TT5B).

100 Times? Seriously?

I just checked out this album in question. Horrible. Stale old fake gangsta coke rap. Not my cup of tea. This might of been hot in '98.

To each his own I guess...

KevG
07-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Man, the people commenting in this thread, they dont sound like white-hating anything. They sound like people who think La Coka Nostra suck. You sound agitated that people think your boys are corny, which they are. Everlast is a gimmick rapper, yeah he can flow but so can Tom Green. To even compare them to the Beastie Boys is insane. Why does this topic even exist? No one cares about a bunch of washed up has beens. TT5B went platinum, TMU won a grammy and the new joint has Nasty Nas and Santigold on it. That's why you can't compare the two, because one are successful and have stayed relevant for almost 30 years and the other are a glorified Insane Clown Posse. No one on a Beastie Boys board wants to talk about Everlast. You asked for it, brotha.

Please... I read this shit all the times. It brings me back to when Eminem was getting big. People all over the Beastie's board were saying how wack he was and how he'd never last. Not he is the best selling Hip Hop artist of all time (with the exception of the dead ones whose families keep putting out rehashed albums)..

You call Everlast a gimmick rapper... go listen to "Licensed to Ill"...

TT5B went platinum... AND.. it had the Beastie Boys names on it, it went platinum before anyone even listened to it. Clearly their worst album since the first.. why do you think they gave away the a cappella for free, so someone would put their mediocre rhymes from it over hot beats..

I never said one bad thing about TMU.. this is a Hip Hop conversation anyway..

You say washed up has-beens... well the Beastie Boys aren't getting half the love they were back in 1994 son so...

So the new joint has Nas.. Good for them.. Awesome.. I don't even know who Santigold is.. whatever..

I love the Beastie Boys.. but some of you people need to get off the Beasties nuts..

100 Times? Seriously?

I just checked out this album in question. Horrible. Stale old fake gangsta coke rap. Not my cup of tea. This might of been hot in '98.

To each his own I guess...

Stale old fake gangsta coke rap... so you think it sounds like pretty much what is all over the radio and shit right? The difference is, better rhymes, better skills... Why am I even arguing, you fucks listen to Lil Wayne...

pm0ney
07-16-2009, 11:31 PM
Licensed To Ill was gimmick? I dont recall any rappers before that rapping about Budweiser and Chef Boyardee. You crazy, "son."

KevG
07-17-2009, 12:16 AM
Licensed To Ill was gimmick? I dont recall any rappers before that rapping about Budweiser and Chef Boyardee. You crazy, "son."

LTI was a joke and they knew it.. they never thought it would do what it did.. How old were you when it came out? Do you even remember when "Cookie Puss" was out?

Justin
07-17-2009, 07:27 AM
Hey! Leave Lil Wayne out of this!

Micodin
07-17-2009, 08:17 AM
Stale old fake gangsta coke rap... so you think it sounds like pretty much what is all over the radio and shit right? The difference is, better rhymes, better skills... Why am I even arguing, you fucks listen to Lil Wayne...

Wow. Are you on their Street Team? Is this Everlast? I've never seen a Herb get so passionate about a shitty Hip-Hop crew like this. Unless, they were a member of the crew or getting paid from them somehow. Or your just a Stan.

You keep saying "get off the Beastie's nuts"...

Looks like your all over La Coka Nostra's nuts hard! Get off their lap and let their shit breathe, kid.

You asked for peoples thoughts.

The people thought it sounded wack.

Don't ask for someone's opinion and then attack them if they don't dig it. You're making yourself look like a major Assclown.

BMD
07-17-2009, 10:31 AM
I think its pretty cool that Everlast is registered here as KevG.

But all kidding aside I agree that some people are biased towards other white emcees but the fact is there's not a large group out there to like or dislike.

Im gonna be 30 soon so Im kind of passed the hardcore gangsta side of hip hop although I dont think it was ever my thing to begin with. I will say that the track "Bloody Sunday" sounds pretty cool from the clip I heard.

YoungRemy
07-17-2009, 10:37 AM
wow. you fucks listen to Lil Wayne...

Why hasn't this been moved to 'Other Music'?
I listened to half of 'That's Coke' thanks to this thread. Terrible. I want my two minutes back.

seriously. That's Coke?

Kid Presentable
07-17-2009, 10:55 AM
I like That's Coke. I also like I Love it loud and Horse with no name. I'm complex.

cj hood
07-17-2009, 10:56 AM
yo kp: kiss and ace's solo drop the same day as the beasties...

Kid Presentable
07-17-2009, 11:04 AM

How do I decide which to get?

ham and cheese
07-17-2009, 11:18 AM
How do I decide which to get?

Well just see how much you earned at Mcdonald’s this week and take it from there

YoungRemy
07-17-2009, 11:21 AM
oooooo, cross-thread Internet drama!

FOLKS THIS IS REAL

Kid Presentable
07-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Well just see how much you earned at Mcdonald’s this week and take it from there

Soft.

KevG
07-18-2009, 03:51 PM
I think its pretty cool that Everlast is registered here as KevG.

But all kidding aside I agree that some people are biased towards other white emcees but the fact is there's not a large group out there to like or dislike.

Im gonna be 30 soon so Im kind of passed the hardcore gangsta side of hip hop although I dont think it was ever my thing to begin with. I will say that the track "Bloody Sunday" sounds pretty cool from the clip I heard.

See, this is honesty right here.. Good response.. and as far as Hip Hop goes, I don't listen to it much anymore. MOST rappers I hear rhyme about the same shirt over wack beats.. La Coka Nostra's lyrical content is played but it'sd almost storylinish and still comes off sounding better than a lot of the shit out. I know they aint real gangstas, but 90% of Hip Hop is fake thuggish shit anyway.. but I think the beats are hot. "Bloody Sunday" is a great lead off track on their CD, the hook alone is insane. I was and still am a fan of House of Pain & Cypress Hill, this track sounds like the both of them.

I like That's Coke. I also like I Love it loud and Horse with no name. I'm complex.

NOOOIICE!!

Wait! WHAT? I know KISS has a new CD coming out and ACE has been working on his since..lol.. 1990.. but WHAT?