PDA

View Full Version : Cancer

jemusmc
07-22-2009, 05:27 AM
I was dignosed with cancer of the parotoid gland in 2002 and had surgury twice over the past 7 years. In Aug I will be at the 4 yr mark-I did 36 radiation treatments and things look good. This is a rare cancer and if anyone wants to know what I went thru with it, I would share--good luck Adam, I am afraid at 60 I have never heard of the Beastie Boys, but your cancer caught my eye on MSN.

laurie_hammy
07-22-2009, 08:20 AM
Very good of you to share your story, respect. (y)

Bernard Goetz
07-22-2009, 10:20 AM
I was dignosed with cancer of the parotoid gland in 2002 and had surgury twice over the past 7 years. In Aug I will be at the 4 yr mark-I did 36 radiation treatments and things look good. This is a rare cancer and if anyone wants to know what I went thru with it, I would share--good luck Adam, I am afraid at 60 I have never heard of the Beastie Boys, but your cancer caught my eye on MSN.

Indeed, good of you to register here and share. I was thinking that maybe you have some insight, some pointers for Adam (info, anecdotes, what he could maybe expect in the next few months/years), and if you do, you could write to him care of his friend Cey Adams, who's kindly posted his own PO Box for us to send stuff to Adam. Maybe you two could hook up over email or phone, eventually. It would be nice to know Adam has as many allies out there as possible, particularly someone who's gone through what you have.
Adam Yauch
c/o Cey Adams
PO Box 24681
Brooklyn NY 11202
USA

Continued health to you!

YoungRemy
07-22-2009, 10:55 AM
welcome jemusmc and thanks for sharing your story... Adam Yauch is a fine musician, humanitarian, and filmmaker, I'm sure your story gives him and others inspiration to Fight the good Fight against cancer...

alicemae
07-22-2009, 12:34 PM
Adam! You'll be fine. Mine was Stage 4 in 1990! With surgery and tons of radiation it's ok. ACC grows VERY slowly. Just prepare for everything to taste like cardboard for a couple of months. ;)

alicemae
07-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Great site for the LATEST! Even chemo may work now! I've watched for 10 years.
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Adenoid_Cystic_Carcinoma_Organization/