PDA

View Full Version : The worst Beastie Boys song?

mickill
07-23-2009, 01:00 AM
I'm having trouble deciding between Girls and Crawlspace.

b i o n i c
07-23-2009, 01:08 AM
the little scratch break thing before computerey voice / pause on 'oh word' kind of irks me.

mickill
07-23-2009, 01:15 AM
Yeah, that just completely ruins the song I guess.

facedownfall
07-23-2009, 01:17 AM
Girls vs. Hail Sagan

Crawlspace is tight...never knew Adrock could sound like that.

I'd go with In A World Gone Mad as the low point.

b i o n i c
07-23-2009, 01:25 AM
Yeah, that just completely ruins the song I guess.

haha

Darko
07-23-2009, 01:25 AM
I don't know if anyone would agree with me but I think "The Scoop", "The Update" and "Alright Hear This", while not bad, are a bit dull and I tend to skip them. And while I love Hello Nasty, "Dedication" doesn't really have a point to it.

mickill
07-23-2009, 01:33 AM
Yeah, there's definitely some skippable material towards the ends of both IC and HN. But I think we may have a winner with Hail Sagan, which I completely forgot even existed until just now.

BeastieRunner
07-23-2009, 02:10 AM
In A World Gone Mad

Even though I hate Girls, that song actually makes me embarrassed to be a Bboy fan. It sounds so juvenile, more so than Girls.

That being said, not many bands can say they have 1.5 bad songs! That's a good track record.

BeastieRunner
07-23-2009, 02:12 AM
I don't know if anyone would agree with me but I think "The Scoop", "The Update" and "Alright Hear This", while not bad, are a bit dull and I tend to skip them. And while I love Hello Nasty, "Dedication" doesn't really have a point to it.

Those are three of my favorites ...

To each is own! :)

b i o n i c
07-23-2009, 02:14 AM
To each is own! :)

indeed.

mkvl3
07-23-2009, 02:22 AM
I hate Fight For Your Right and have refused to listen to it for at least 5 years now. If it weren't completely beaten to death by mainstream radio, I might still like it, but it has been completely ruined for me.

Oh, and there's something about Eugene's Lament that really freaks me out.

mickill
07-23-2009, 03:16 AM
Eugene's Lament is awesome.

ham and cheese
07-23-2009, 03:50 AM
‘We got the’ from TTFB, that’s doesn’t get play in my house. Why include this song and not feature ‘Brr stick ’em’ and ‘Now get busy’ that was a strange decision - I could lose ‘The brouhaha’ and ‘Crawlspace’ for that matter

mate_spawn_die
07-23-2009, 04:19 AM
fight for your right

Brother McDuff
07-23-2009, 04:21 AM
I'm having trouble deciding between Girls and Crawlspace.

Crawlspace is off the chain!!

The Scoop and Alright Hear This are top 5 off IC, for me, and Dedication (once you can zone out the vocals) is a fuckin' romp!!

To each his own indeed. :o

b-grrrlie
07-23-2009, 05:08 AM
Drinking wine shouldn't have been recorded...

At work some kids had this compilation cd where there's this awful cover version of FFYR and the kids just love it!
I wonder what they'll say when they hear the original...

Kid Presentable
07-23-2009, 05:11 AM
Body Movin and Just a Test. Girls would be passable with instruments since it's pretty much a hardcore song.

laurie_hammy
07-23-2009, 05:39 AM
I think Crawlspace is awsome ! Hard to pick a least fav but I usualy skip through the skit/some intstrumental tracks. But Hip Hop wise it makes it hard. Hmm, I dont listen to "What Comes Around" an "Just A Test" all that often.

Kid Presentable
07-23-2009, 05:46 AM
I like every live version of Body Movin I have, and especially enjoy it on Awesome....but I prefer many tracks to the album cut.

laurie_hammy
07-23-2009, 05:49 AM
I like every live version of Body Movin I have, and especially enjoy it on Awesome....but I prefer many tracks to the album cut.

The gimme shelter performance is def one of my fav Body Movin efforts

brmanuk
07-23-2009, 07:26 AM
Body Movin (Fat Boy Slim Remix) - I hate hate hate this remix. It's so 1998. The album version is far superior.

If that doesn't count cause its a FBS mix, than Crawlspace, The Bruahahahahaha and Oh Word? never get any play at my place.

Kid Presentable
07-23-2009, 07:30 AM
The Brouhaha came on in my car the other day and it was good. Quite the to do.

Helvete
07-23-2009, 07:56 AM
I'm going to make an MP3 disc of all my albums for the car and decide after I give it a good listen. Something which I haven't done in literally years.

Kid Presentable
07-23-2009, 08:11 AM
No better time I reckon.

lolkat
07-23-2009, 08:12 AM
drinkin wine is the best thing they ever put down on tape

Randetica
07-23-2009, 08:34 AM
half of tt5b and most of their punk songs

ham and cheese
07-23-2009, 08:57 AM
I think Crawlspace is awsome ! Hard to pick a least fav but I usualy skip through the skit/some intstrumental tracks. But Hip Hop wise it makes it hard. Hmm, I dont listen to "What Comes Around" an "Just A Test" all that often.

‘What comes around’ is my all time favourite - I love that song, the rhymes and the Gene Harris sample are just great - there’s plenty of other tracks that I love more, but there’s just something about that track. I remember listening to it on my Walkman (yep, i said Walkman) and just lovin the rhymes and their flow - then I listen to the Paul’s commentary and it seems they don’t really have much to say about it - weird - to each his own

carlson.213
07-23-2009, 09:07 AM
just a test and body movin'? you are crazy man

fight for your right
no sleep till brooklyn
the first part of bboy bouillaisse ("..took off her bra") i hate that, cheesy
their punk songs. face it, as a punk band, they are not good

other than those everything they do is sick

Burnout18
07-23-2009, 09:13 AM
Girls

Wow i forget that this is the same group of guys who made that song...

Kid Presentable
07-23-2009, 09:19 AM

Do you listen to speed-jazz?

Bernard Goetz
07-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Can't believe my eyes reading some of these responses.

That said - "This Government Needs A Tune-Up"

Videodrome
07-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Atwater Basketball Association File No. 172-C

laurie_hammy
07-23-2009, 09:36 AM
‘What comes around’ is my all time favourite - I love that song, the rhymes and the Gene Harris sample are just great - there’s plenty of other tracks that I love more, but there’s just something about that track. I remember listening to it on my Walkman (yep, i said Walkman) and just lovin the rhymes and their flow - then I listen to the Paul’s commentary and it seems they don’t really have much to say about it - weird - to each his own

Its just one of those songs iv never sat down an listened to, im sure id get to like it if I put it on my playlist.

laurie_hammy
07-23-2009, 09:37 AM
Atwater Basketball Association File No. 172-C

Yeah as I said, skits/muck around stuff

pshabi
07-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Can't believe my eyes reading some of these responses.

Ditto. That said:

"This Government Needs A Tune-Up"

:eek:

Bernard Goetz
07-23-2009, 10:08 AM
:D

DJ Pioneer
07-23-2009, 11:01 AM
My vote always goes to Hail Sagan as the worst song!

And for the record, I like Crawlspace! I think it's a cool song. I like Dedication too, especially playing it really loud with the bass cranked up.

Trivia: Mike D gives a shout out to the Takei Brothers, but pronounced it incorrectly as Tak-I (long I), instead of Tak-eh (long A). He had to redeem himself so he gave Matt Takei another shoutout in Right Right Now Now. (I read this somewhere)

MCScoobyT
07-23-2009, 11:07 AM
Your Sisters Def is pretty weird. Did all three Beastie's sex the same sister? Should it be called Your Sisters Eazy (just ask Eazy-E R.I.P.)?

laurie_hammy
07-23-2009, 11:28 AM
Your Sisters Def isnt them though

mickill
07-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Body Movin (Fat Boy Slim Remix) - I hate hate hate this remix. It's so 1998. The album version is far superior.

If that doesn't count cause its a FBS mix, than Crawlspace, The Bruahahahahaha and Oh Word? never get any play at my place.

I'm not really a fan of Body Movin itself, but that remix is extra unsavory.

But I think Oh Word? is easily one of the 3 best songs on TT5B.

just a test and body movin'? you are crazy man

fight for your right
no sleep till brooklyn
the first part of bboy bouillaisse ("..took off her bra") i hate that, cheesy

other than those everything they do is sick

You might be the one who's crazy, my man.

Thunder D
07-23-2009, 12:07 PM
It's not their worst song, but I could do without ever seeing them play Sabotage again....

Monsieur Decuts
07-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Flowin' Prose
Shazam

And I think Ch-Check it out is a sonnova bitch for setting of the album on such a high note only for it to punch me in the nuts.

Nerd Fight
07-23-2009, 12:41 PM
maybe Dr Lee PHD...I can appreciate the sentiment behind it though.

carlson.213
07-23-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm not really a fan of Body Movin itself, but that remix is extra unsavory.

But I think Oh Word? is easily one of the 3 best songs on TT5B.

You might be the one who's crazy, my man.

that remix is indeed horrible compared to the original, and the remix is the one they give radio play to. teenie boppers with their pop interests and lack of real music knowledge

what are you talking about though?

Brother McDuff
07-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Flowin' Prose
Shazam

Shazam reigns. :mad:

I'm not really feelin' "Hold It, Now Hit", "All Lifestyles", or "Dramastically Different". Though Dramastically is decent when played context with everything else, but unless I'm listening to the whole record throug I never stop on that track.

mickill
07-23-2009, 01:18 PM
that remix is indeed horrible compared to the original, and the remix is the one they give radio play to. teenie boppers with their pop interests and lack of real music knowledge

what are you talking about though?

I'm talking about 59 Chrystie Street, mainly, and the songs listed above it, my man. I also like a lot of their punk stuff, personally.

I can't believe Sabotage and Hold It Now, Hit It have even come up in this discussion, though.

Jakeobs
07-23-2009, 01:23 PM
"Fight For Your Right". The song that got me into 'em is basically unlistenable to me now. Oh, the irony.

mickill
07-23-2009, 01:29 PM
When I was a kid, the only songs that even remotely rivaled Fight For Your Right in any way were Eye Of The Tiger and Living On A Prayer. But I was literally a child. Naturally, I eventually grew out of them, but in recent years I've decided that they are all still quite awesome.

Monsieur Decuts
07-23-2009, 01:42 PM
when a song is covered at your company picnic, by a band made up of managers, sandwiched in between bad to the bone and freebird, with lyrics changed to include the company name, then its either funking awsome, or dead.

I'm going with awsome...Fight for your right!

funkdoc2005
07-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Fight for your right. I tend to think the Beastie Boys themselves would agree. There has to be a reason why a group would not perform one of their most popular and well known songs in 20 odd something years. And it has nothing to do with with Def Jam since they've performed other songs from LTI.

Fight for your right and Girls are simply unbearable

destructo
07-23-2009, 02:16 PM
Yeah, there's definitely some skippable material towards the ends of both IC and HN. But I think we may have a winner with Hail Sagan, which I completely forgot even existed until just now.

I like Hail Sagan.

I hate Fight For Your Right and have refused to listen to it for at least 5 years now. If it weren't completely beaten to death by mainstream radio, I might still like it, but it has been completely ruined for me.

Oh, and there's something about Eugene's Lament that really freaks me out.

Eugene was hard to listen to, but it grew on me.

I'm throwing my vote in with the Fatboy Slim remix of Body Movin'. THe original is far better.

titoratm
07-23-2009, 02:35 PM
I just don't like Shazam! and Rhyme the Rhyme well. Those are the ones I always skip. Then I love them almost all bitis songs :):cool:

dust monkey
07-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Sneakin' Out The Hospital
And Me
Instant Death
Twenty Questions
Live Wire
Song For The Man
Body Movin' all versions
This Govt. Needs a Tune Up

All LOW points.

EastcoastJL
07-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Flowin' Prose
Shazam

And I think Ch-Check it out is a sonnova bitch for setting of the album on such a high note only for it to punch me in the nuts.

Agreed, I first heard Check It Out & then saw Triple Trouble on that MTV special & thought this was gonna be THE album. I'm glad TT5B didn't come out during the cassette era, would've worn out the FF button. Also for me the last 4 tracks on HN could've been cut.

The LTI songs don't bother me at all. Dated-yes, bad songs-no. Also surprised that a lot of people listed songs like 'Alright Hear This'. I love everything on CYH & IC, but to each his own.

Here's songs that with out a doubt should've made it on an album:
Dope Little Song
Mullethead
Skills to Pay the Bills
Start!

BeastieAlbum07
07-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Girls
5 Piece Chicken Dinner

carlson.213
07-23-2009, 04:03 PM
Sneakin' Out The Hospital
And Me
Instant Death
Twenty Questions
Live Wire
Song For The Man

All LOW points.

aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!1
i cant bear to read that someone doesnt like "Song for the Man"

Randetica
07-23-2009, 04:14 PM
I like Hail Sagan.

Eugene was hard to listen to, but it grew on me.

I'm throwing my vote in with the Fatboy Slim remix of Body Movin'. THe original is far better.

yeah, yeah and OH YEAH

it is better by miles

kll
07-23-2009, 04:38 PM
the lyrics to All Lifestyles and the pc attempt ruin this song for me more than any other.

for the record, i'd like to express my wish for radio stations to acknowledge that the beastie boys ever came out with any song after 1988.

DIGI
07-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Honky Rink, anyone?

KevG
07-23-2009, 05:40 PM
The correct answer is "Girls" and they play that shit every single day on Boston radio.... Grrrr...

funk63
07-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Funky boss or any other retarded filler song.

Randetica
07-23-2009, 06:01 PM
lol

mickill
07-23-2009, 06:09 PM
Honky Rink isn't bat at all.

But Funky Boss and Instant Death both rule.

facedownfall
07-23-2009, 06:12 PM
The Party's Getting Rough even though they were just fessin.

She's Crafty

I loved Drinkin' Wine when I first heard it when I got the Jimmy James cassette single. I also hated Ricky's Theme for the longest time.

I love Instant Death...very somber moment, it goes hand in hand with Live Wire.

beestyboi
07-23-2009, 07:00 PM
this thread sucks (n)

destructo
07-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Don't hate me, but I would like to add another.

Boomin' Granny.

I love Honky Rink!

Instant Death grew on me, in fact the whole HN album can do no wrong by me. I occasionally listen to nothing but HN for two months at a time. I just switched to IC today.

Other than that, I can't really think of another song that I skip

One of all time fav's is Groove Holmes (Live Vs. The Biz)

jennyb
07-23-2009, 07:59 PM
This thread burns my eyes!

laurie_hammy
07-23-2009, 09:14 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!1
i cant bear to read that someone doesnt like "Song for the Man"

And Live Wire !

laurie_hammy
07-23-2009, 09:19 PM
With music im in a Hip Hop bouncy energetic sound mood probably 90% of the time. But when im not, defiantly love to hear a song like "Instant Death".

Justin
07-23-2009, 11:03 PM
I really love Live Wire! Didn't adrock write that for his old pal Dave Skilken? I've always loved the transition on the anthology from Live Wire to So Whatcha want! I just listened to Live wire today actually!

Worst song? that's hard to choose. Based on how many times I've skipped the songs while listening to the albums I'd have to say:

Fight for your Right
Girls
Bodhisattiva Vow (I've always felt that they should have put "the vibes" and "mullet head" on the album)
Hey Fuck you

dust monkey
07-23-2009, 11:57 PM
And Live Wire !

The content is great, message whatever........I'm sorry though the songs themselves suck as Beastie songs. Sorry but they are what brought the HN era down, in MY OPINION.

.........and that's all it really is and that is why this topic is stupid.

I'm more PB and the rawness of CYH and you are not so be it.

Ty Webb
07-24-2009, 04:20 AM
I've always noticed casual fans tend to skip the songs on Hello Nasty that don't follow the formula of their usual well-known radio songs. They're one of my favorite bands because they consistantly put own quality albums, all the way through. If I had to say though...I don't listen to LTI often at all, but I'd skip "Girls" rather than wait like a minute and a half for it to be over. Also, those who don't like the punk/hardcore: Aglio E Olio kills. Mike is fun as hell as a hardcore singer.

destructo
07-24-2009, 07:56 AM
I've always noticed casual fans tend to skip the songs on Hello Nasty that don't follow the formula of their usual well-known radio songs. They're one of my favorite bands because they consistantly put own quality albums, all the way through. If I had to say though...I don't listen to LTI often at all, but I'd skip "Girls" rather than wait like a minute and a half for it to be over. Also, those who don't like the punk/hardcore: Aglio E Olio kills. Mike is fun as hell as a hardcore singer.

Well put.

laurie_hammy
07-24-2009, 08:27 AM

Mike is fun as a hardcore singer, my fav of him being fun is Mullethead. So good.

Kid Presentable
07-24-2009, 08:35 AM
I like when Mike listens during interviews. Like before he even says anything.

Bernard Goetz
07-24-2009, 08:59 AM

So people who skip some songs on one Beastie album are 'casual' fans, and you skip a song on another Beastie album (that you admittedly don't listen to often), but you're not a 'casual' fan. Got it, thanks. I coulda sworn buying Beastie albums on the day of their release for over twenty years and seeing them perform in three states, and sneaking into their backstage post-show party and meeting them, and hanging out with Ricky Powell and Money Mark just to feel closer to the Beasties, and continuing to be excited for new material would mean I was more than a 'casual' fan, but since I don't spend time listening to Dr. Lee, PhD, I'm not. Thanks for the schooling.

Kid Presentable
07-24-2009, 09:30 AM
^ Man, you learn quick. Shall we start on how you like everybody to know this is a pissing contest?

LuciferHam
07-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Im gonna choose the inoffensive and go with 5-Peice Chicken Dinner. But if I was to choose a true Beastie song itd be Shazam... or maybe that B-side to Ch-Check it out.

Bernard Goetz
07-24-2009, 10:43 AM
^ Man, you learn quick. Shall we start on how you like everybody to know this is a pissing contest?

I know, I usually hate when people people bring up "I did this, and I've bought that, and I blew who..." but I think the situation warranted it there - calling people 'casual fans' for arbitrary reasons irks the fuck outta me.

Kid Presentable
07-24-2009, 10:46 AM
I know, I usually hate when people people bring up "I did this, and I've bought that, and I blew who..." but I think the situation warranted it there - calling people 'casual fans' for arbitrary reasons irks the fuck outta me.

Yeah Pre-emptive is the best way. You should just preface every post of yours from now on with that little story. Like a reverse signature. Or put it in your signature. People would go for that, too. Ideas, man. I'm the one with the ideas.

Bernard Goetz
07-24-2009, 10:48 AM
So are you being a dick? I can't tell, seriously.

carlson.213
07-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Im gonna choose the inoffensive and go with 5-Peice Chicken Dinner. But if I was to choose a true Beastie song itd be Shazam... or maybe that B-side to Ch-Check it out.

are you talking about the just blaze remix? i dont remember anything else being there. anyway just blaze remix...a well done remix

Kid Presentable
07-24-2009, 10:57 AM
So are you being a dick? I can't tell, seriously.

I'm here to help.

Carlson, he means And Then I...

mickill
07-24-2009, 01:54 PM
I know, I usually hate when people people bring up "I did this, and I've bought that, and I blew who..."

Blowing one of them wouldn't necessarily make you more than just a casual Beastie Boy fan.

Shazam! is awesome, by the way. What're you people smoking?

destructo
07-24-2009, 02:08 PM
So people who skip some songs on one Beastie album are 'casual' fans, and you skip a song on another Beastie album (that you admittedly don't listen to often), but you're not a 'casual' fan. Got it, thanks. I coulda sworn buying Beastie albums on the day of their release for over twenty years and seeing them perform in three states, and sneaking into their backstage post-show party and meeting them, and hanging out with Ricky Powell and Money Mark just to feel closer to the Beasties, and continuing to be excited for new material would mean I was more than a 'casual' fan, but since I don't spend time listening to Dr. Lee, PhD, I'm not. Thanks for the schooling.

Well stalking them is taking it to the extreme, but I see what you are saying.

dust monkey
07-24-2009, 04:02 PM

Well put Bernie; thank you for writing this. Pretty much what I was thinking too but by writing it and just stating the facts you get jumped on. Still though thanks for speaking your mind.

destructo
07-25-2009, 07:38 PM
How about any song that does not make it out of the vault.

MCA likes to call it the shit cellar.

laurie_hammy
07-25-2009, 11:05 PM
Its hard to pick a bad "serious" Hip Hop song with them.

pm0ney
07-26-2009, 12:57 AM
In hindsight, a lot of the stuff on TT5B was cringe-worthy. That's why you simply should not make political statements because they never, ever age well. People will still be Beastie Boys fan 20 years from now, and they will not be able to listen to half of TT5B.

Worst Beastie Boys song is by far In A World Gone Mad, but if we're going by album cuts....

I'd say probably "It Takes Time To Build." When I heard it the first time I was like "womp womp."

EDIT: People think FUNKY BOSS is the worst Beastie Boys song?! Are you kidding me? Funky Boss fucking rules.

Nerd Fight
07-26-2009, 09:19 AM
I'm a casual fan. We're way more casual.

destructo
07-26-2009, 10:30 AM
People think FUNKY BOSS is the worst Beastie Boys song?! Are you kidding me? Funky Boss fucking rules.

I have to agree with you on that one.

Knuckles
07-26-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm a casual fan. We're way more casual.

I'm wearing flip flops and cargo shorts while listening to CYH right now.

laurie_hammy
07-26-2009, 12:36 PM
I have to agree with you on that one.

I love that scrating towards the end of the song.

canucklehead200
07-26-2009, 05:18 PM
‘We got the’ from TTFB, that’s doesn’t get play in my house. Why include this song and not feature ‘Brr stick ’em’ and ‘Now get busy’ that was a strange decision - I could lose ‘The brouhaha’ and ‘Crawlspace’ for that matter

brouhaha is probably the catchiest song on the album. Or at least the best to crank. Crawlspace is a dope beat as well. We got the is a terrible song.

Helvete
07-26-2009, 05:22 PM
So yeah, on my Beastie Boys MP3 disc, I just skipped the whole of TT5B.

Documad
07-26-2009, 05:27 PM
How can anyone hate Girls? I love the casio keyboard vibe and overall silliness.

KevG
07-26-2009, 06:08 PM
How can anyone hate Girls? I love the casio keyboard vibe and overall silliness.

It's not only their worst song, it is one of the worst songs ever.. for the most part you could have somewhat taken the Bboys serious back in 1986 but that song ruined the whole flow of their first hip hop album.

pm0ney
07-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Girls is a classic. To compare it to some of the politically-driven crap they've done is ridic.

RobMoney$
07-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Dr. Lee, PhD. or Eugene's Lament.

jennyb
07-26-2009, 10:41 PM
I'll never forget being a 14yr old girl at a slumber party and we all were playing 'Girls' super loud and jumping on the sofa and singing it! Ha! To think we're all of the generation of 'girls' who don't do the dishes and actually get out and work and all... funny. That little ditty was so awesome. Used to play it as a band geek in Jr. High School on the xylophone.

Documad
07-26-2009, 11:00 PM
It's a xylophone kind of song. :)

laurie_hammy
07-26-2009, 11:57 PM
I dunno why TT5B gets so much hate. It's a such a clean, catchy fresh album.

KevG
07-27-2009, 12:38 AM
I try to listen to TT5B but really can't.. not after "Hello Nasty"...

Probably why the whole albun a cappella is on their website so people will mix GOOD beats with it..

pm0ney
07-27-2009, 12:44 AM
I was a pretty big fan of TT5B when it came out, and I still like it a bunch, but it's definitely the weakest album. There are some awful tracks on there. So far the 3 tracks I've heard off Hot Sauce Committee are much better than pretty much everything off TT5B except Ch Check It Out and Open Letter to NYC.

laurie_hammy
07-27-2009, 04:59 AM
All my friends know most of the words to TT5B. I try to get them into other sutff but they only like TT5B.

Jiberish
07-27-2009, 10:07 AM
I'd say probably "It Takes Time To Build." When I heard it the first time I was like "womp womp."
EDIT: People think FUNKY BOSS is the worst Beastie Boys song?! Are you kidding me? Funky Boss fucking rules.

Time To Build, is one of my personal faves off of TT5B. I like the the sound of the raps and the beat [w/ EMPD sample] is really good.

Funky Boss, & All right Hear This being on people's lists and surprise me the most.

infieldflyfool
07-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Boomin' Granny. Horrific.

laurie_hammy
07-27-2009, 01:22 PM
Time To Build, is one of my personal faves off of TT5B. I like the the sound of the raps and the beat [w/ EMPD sample] is really good.

Funky Boss, & All right Hear This being on people's lists and surprise me the most.

Agree I like the rhymes in Time To Build. An "Alright Hear This" on people's lists is crazy ! Thats one of my favourite Beastie tracks !

ILLMIX
07-27-2009, 01:50 PM
.....my hope for the new album is that it is not as formulaic as TT5B and the songs are longer than 3min....around 3-4 mins would be ideal.

having tracks finishing in at 2.20, 2.30 etc is just too short for me, this is probably why i find TT5B their weakest album and 'We Got The' and The Brouhaha' my least favourite beastie songs.

laurie_hammy
07-28-2009, 04:49 AM
The new album is perfect so far. Would love a 4th sneak track before the release.

DJ Pioneer
07-28-2009, 11:49 AM
the lyrics to All Lifestyles and the pc attempt ruin this song for me more than any other.

for the record, i'd like to express my wish for radio stations to acknowledge that the beastie boys ever came out with any song after 1988.

Hilarious. I got so excited on Friday night. The radio DJ said get ready for the Beastie Boys after the break. So I drove to Walgreen's and hurried to get out quickly, expecting to hear Too Many Rappers.

Nope. It was Fight for Your Right.

laurie_hammy
07-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Hilarious. I got so excited on Friday night. The radio DJ said get ready for the Beastie Boys after the break. So I drove to Walgreen's and hurried to get out quickly, expecting to hear Too Many Rappers.

Nope. It was Fight for Your Right.

Hahaha GET READY FOR BEASTIE BOYS.........fight for you right.

Dissapointing. Although I was thinking the other day, having them do that song live NOW DAYS would be weird to see. I reckon they'd switch it up an make it sound a lot better.

DJ Pioneer
07-28-2009, 12:08 PM
How about any song that does not make it out of the vault.

MCA likes to call it the shit cellar.

It looks like some of the songs are going to be on the remastered version of Hello Nasty this Fall. I have high hopes for them though!

Description of a Strange man
Dirt Dog
Switched On
Auntie Jackie Poom Poom Delicious
Stink Bug
Piano Jam
Happy to be in that Perfect Headspace
The Drone
Creepin'

http://www.amazon.com/Hello-Nasty-Beastie-Boys/dp/tracks/B0026M6HES/ref=dp_tracks_all_2#disc_2

DJ Pioneer
07-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Hahaha GET READY FOR BEASTIE BOYS.........fight for you right.

Dissapointing. Although I was thinking the other day, having them do that song live NOW DAYS would be weird to see. I reckon they'd switch it up an make it sound a lot better.

It would probably have a couple different beats thrown in, and they would change some words, like how Adrock changes:

"I'm the king of all kings" into "I like those Colonel's wings"

mickill
07-28-2009, 12:17 PM
Can't see how a song called Auntie Jackie Poom Poom Delicious or Stink Bug would get left off of the final cut of any album.

laurie_hammy
07-28-2009, 10:57 PM
It looks like some of the songs are going to be on the remastered version of Hello Nasty this Fall. I have high hopes for them though!

Description of a Strange man
Dirt Dog
Switched On
Auntie Jackie Poom Poom Delicious
Stink Bug
Piano Jam
Happy to be in that Perfect Headspace
The Drone
Creepin'

http://www.amazon.com/Hello-Nasty-Beastie-Boys/dp/tracks/B0026M6HES/ref=dp_tracks_all_2#disc_2

Im just as excited for these as I am for the new album !

Brother McDuff
07-29-2009, 04:15 AM
Im just as excited for these as I am for the new album !

seconded.(y)

perhaps even moreso...

destructo
07-29-2009, 09:21 AM
seconded.(y)

perhaps even moreso...

Now we get a little more time to enjoy them before the new album drops.