PDA

View Full Version : Ballroom office party vs. Friends' potluck white elephant party

Dorothy Wood
11-30-2009, 12:29 PM
So, I was looking forward to dressing up fancy with my man and going to his office party downtown. Especially because it's at a swanky hotel, and they're offering hundred dollar rooms for the night (they normally start at 350).

BUT, I just got invited to a super awesome annual party that my friends throw...and it's the same night.

I'm pretty conflicted. this time even more than I was about the boots. Now, dude doesn't necessarily want to go to the party, he keeps telling me it'll be boring...but he's into the hotel thing. and I'm kind of leaning toward the hotel party. and feeling a little weird like I'm getting old or something...I want to dress up and dance in a ballroom instead of eating standing up in my friends' living room while everyone shouts.

oorughhd

jabumbo
11-30-2009, 01:41 PM
poll

TAL
11-30-2009, 01:52 PM
These parties are on halloween 2011?

HEIRESS
11-30-2009, 02:27 PM
ballroooooom and cheap ass fancy hotel room all the way.
especially since you've done the potluck thing before, and of course will do again.
or hold your own potluck christmas party sometime this month. yup.

jabumbo
11-30-2009, 11:53 PM
^ the girl makes a good point

thanks, dorothy (y)

ms.peachy
12-01-2009, 02:32 AM
How many opportunities do you get to get all dolled up and stay in a schmancy hotel vs. how often do you get to eat standing up at your friend's house? Hmmm, let's think about it.

ms.peachy
12-01-2009, 02:34 AM
And weren't you just going on a bit last week about wanting to go stay in a downtown hotel with this guy?

NicRN77
12-01-2009, 03:47 AM
If the ballroom thing is going to have cool people and cheap rooms...free food...free drinks?? I would say go to that. If you think hanging with your friends doing the same old thing would be more entertaining...do that!

sjp
12-01-2009, 04:21 AM
maybe you will get down like this lady at the office party

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mP3oGnr0Gw&feature=player_embedded

Dorothy Wood
12-01-2009, 05:57 PM

whoa! awesome.

well, thanks for participating everyone! the problem has solved itself!

apparently, dude found out he can get a room at that low rate anytime that weekend. (y)
party attendance not required! (y)(y)

I was kind of looking forward to being a fancy grown up at a fancy downtown ballroom party, but it would probably be pretty boring. So, we're going to go to the potluck, then stay at the hotel the next night, hooray!

I will probably still have us dress up though, because he looks so cute in a shirt and tie and his ben sherman trousers. I might make him dress up for the potluck too, so I can show him off. :cool:

lolkat
12-01-2009, 05:59 PM
(y) fuck yuppies

Guy Incognito
12-01-2009, 06:09 PM

disco granny(y) i liked the way it looked like she was just walking thru and got lost on the way to somewhere else until she did a couple of spins