PDA

View Full Version : Record Sales Donation

FunkyDonkey28
01-14-2010, 11:18 PM
So, I'm home watching my Celtics lose to the Bulls, and in comes a commercial for donations to Haiti and all, and I started thinking. Being that the boys are and have done some humanitarian acts, does anyone think that they would donate like a portion of each copy of HSC sold? Am I crazy to even think that, I mean whenever it comes out I'm sure Haiti will still need the help. Just some random thoughts as I'm home watching the game.......

eddiecee
01-15-2010, 09:15 PM
Yeah, it would be like the Beasties to do something like that, I can see that happening.

GZ_NUTZ
01-15-2010, 10:20 PM
So, I'm home reading the Beastie Boys Message Board, and in comes a commercial for donations to Haiti and all, and I started thinking. Being that FunkyDonkey28 is and has done some humanitarian acts, does anyone think that he would donate like a portion of each paycheck he earns? Am I crazy to even think that, I mean whenever he gets one I'm sure Haiti will still need the help. Just some random thoughts as I'm home reading the board.......

FunkyDonkey28
01-16-2010, 12:06 AM
Wow!!!, some touchy people on this board.

Listen, I work full time to support my wife and family and I work hard each and every day and if I had extra money I would definitely send some to those in need, be it to those affected by the tragedy in Haiti or anyone else that needed help. Why would you respond like that? My post was a completely legit and honest question.

I only asked if the boys would give a portion of the album sales based on the premise of what Yauch has done for Tibet. What is wrong with asking that?

What was the point of you mocking me like that? Asking if any one person or group of people will help others out apparently is funny to you and you think it's a silly thing to be asked. I wasn't asking for them to give me money or for them to donate all their money or anything crazy like that. Just one person lending a hand to another.

What's up with these boards? Aren't we all hear for the same reasons? An admiration and love for the beasties. I see a lot of arguing and ridicule lately.

That response just shocks me.

smith7800
01-16-2010, 12:37 AM
Easy does it. I heard the Red Cross is a good place to donate. I think you can do it over your cell phone.

paulb
01-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Haiti? if anything a portion of HSC would be going towards a cure for cancer foundation...get with the program.

Jiberish
01-16-2010, 09:49 PM
we should all donate. even $1.00 would help.

Kid Presentable
01-17-2010, 03:19 AM
Wow!!!, some touchy people on this board.

Listen, I work full time to support my wife and family and I work hard each and every day and if I had extra money I would definitely send some to those in need, be it to those affected by the tragedy in Haiti or anyone else that needed help. Why would you respond like that? My post was a completely legit and honest question.

I only asked if the boys would give a portion of the album sales based on the premise of what Yauch has done for Tibet. What is wrong with asking that?

What was the point of you mocking me like that? Asking if any one person or group of people will help others out apparently is funny to you and you think it's a silly thing to be asked. I wasn't asking for them to give me money or for them to donate all their money or anything crazy like that. Just one person lending a hand to another.

What's up with these boards? Aren't we all hear for the same reasons? An admiration and love for the beasties. I see a lot of arguing and ridicule lately.

That response just shocks me.

Just donate and shut up.

Jiberish
01-17-2010, 02:28 PM
Just donate and shut up.

BAM

sureshot
01-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Buddy just ignore it, theres alot of people who are bored in life, there was nothing wrong with what you suggested, i read what you said and you were just asking for an opinion nothing wrong with that at all, i feel that the beastie boys have done alot already, like you said they gave to tibet and they did concerts for the homeless and have done alot more, i think the beastie's are more concerned right now about Yauch's health, thats just my opinion ............ Peace !!!

That response just shocks me.[/QUOTE]