PDA

View Full Version : chipotle

beastieboysbaby
03-03-2010, 02:59 PM
has anybody been to that restaurant?? it's a burrito place. && it's incredibly good!! i don't have one in my town so i have to drive 30 minutes to eat there :( && i eat there every other day!! hahaha.

Freebasser
03-03-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm there right now! (y)

hpdrifter
03-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Okay, I'll bite.

I actually really love chipotle. Seriously good burritos people. I feel bad for you if your town doesn't have one.

Bob
03-03-2010, 05:17 PM
it's very americanized "mexican food" but i like it, yeah

$2 for guacamole though, that's a damn joke

Guy Incognito
03-03-2010, 05:30 PM
it's very americanized "mexican food" but i like it, yeah

$2 for guacamole though, that's a damn joke

guacamole is a damn joke.and not a very good one. mingin.

Bob
03-03-2010, 06:29 PM
i used to think so too but it's grown on me

hpdrifter
03-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Well, I don't expect you to understand, being as far away from the source as you are, but guacamole is God's perfect food. If it weren't so fattening I would slather it on everything. I would eat it by the bowl just by itself.

You all must have some shit guacamole in the UK.

Echewta
03-03-2010, 06:34 PM
That aren't very big here in L.A.

Guy Incognito
03-03-2010, 07:01 PM
i used to think so too but it's grown on me

you should probably get some cream for that

Well, I don't expect you to understand, being as far away from the source as you are, but guacamole is God's perfect food. If it weren't so fattening I would slather it on everything. I would eat it by the bowl just by itself.

maybe but all i know is that i am not, ever again ,eating something that looks like the bfg has just squeezed a boil into a bowl and left it out in the sun for 3 weeks.

Whatitis
03-03-2010, 07:08 PM
That aren't very big here in L.A.

..because there are many better burritos to be had in L.A.
They did open one near me recently, it's good and fresh and the burrito was huge but there are better out there.

Miho
03-03-2010, 08:12 PM
I just got Taco Bell nachos. So fuck y'all.

Bob
03-03-2010, 09:46 PM
..because there are many better burritos to be had in L.A.
They did open one near me recently, it's good and fresh and the burrito was huge but there are better out there.

yeah i couldn't imagine that chipotle would be very successful in places with actual mexican food. if i could get a better burrito for cheaper i'd do that instead but chipotle works just fine

beastieboysbaby
03-03-2010, 11:00 PM
i just got back from there. burrito with chicken, cheese, medium sauce, && lettuce. :)

Audio.
03-03-2010, 11:48 PM
SoCal. King Taco.

/thread.

jabumbo
03-04-2010, 09:20 AM

this. (y)

i like it in a pinch when i need a gratuitous amount of food. tastes better than qdoba, if nothing else.

ScarySquirrel
03-04-2010, 10:25 AM
In the truest sense of being an elitist asshole... after living in L.A., I basically hate all other imitations of Mexican food.

Except for Taco Bell.

Sad, but true.

cosmo105
03-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Chipotle is fucking gross. I hate whitey.

The Notorious LOL
03-04-2010, 11:15 AM
I dunno I still find it good even though I could hit up dozens of authentic Mexican spots such as this bitch (http://www.zumach.net/az_notecards/designs/MPLS/neighborhoods_mpls/lake_street/taco_taxi/P1000403_e_ncbt_px.jpg).

nodanaonlyzuul
03-04-2010, 01:22 PM
just take off the "authentic" from the sign and shitotle and I will be fine.

If I have to choose between McD, Burger King, or shitotle I'll pick the last one. It's not the worst thing I've ever had.

Although when it comes to guacamole I never liked because I felt like it took away from any spice/heat that my food had. That is, until my boyfriend made me a batch of guacamole that was SPICY (5 avocados to I believe 2 or 3 jalapenos and 2 or 3 serranos). It's ALL about spicy guac, yo.

hpdrifter
03-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Alright, you people of mexican descent, you do realize that you are very very lucky to have access to the "authentic", right?

There was one place (one!) that I knew of that made what I think was probably authentic Mexican food. It was owned and operated by Mexicans and the food was far and away the best I've ever had, Mexican or otherwise. But it's freaking closed now. I drove by there to get some dinner a coupla months ago and it was gone, replaced by some fly by night sandwich place. I almost melted down in the parking lot.

Anyway, there are a couple of other non-chain places around here, Bimbo's Bitchin' Burrito Kitchen and Gorditos but, while delicious, I'd still put them on the whitey side of things.

beastieboysbaby
03-04-2010, 02:40 PM
chipotle is the greatest thing i've ate in my entire life. no doubt.

countrymikedj
03-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Make sure to pick up some chipotlaway after every time you eat there!

beastieboysbaby
03-04-2010, 04:14 PM
of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Caribou
03-04-2010, 06:19 PM
This is all I know about Chipotle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtZzyvuGy8E

Freebasser
03-04-2010, 07:36 PM
I prefer to eat at Wimpy, and so does Paul Jones.

Dorothy Wood
03-04-2010, 10:21 PM
I've got a greasy taco joint two doors down from my work, and 2 different Chipotles a half mile north and south of me. I think the food is very delicious, but I wouldn't really call it authentic mexican.

My duderino lives in a predominantly mexican neighborhood, and there are more taquerias than you can shake a stick at.

Robb Walsh of the Houston Press (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Press) said that the Mexican restaurants in Pilsen are "unconsciously authentic" to original Mexican cuisine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_cuisine). Rick Bayless, the chef and owner of Frontera Grill in Chicago, said that this is because Mexican-Americans in Chicago do not encounter a substantial Chicano (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicano) community that tells them how to cook food in the United States, so the immigrants use the same frame of reference that they had in Mexico

this place is great: http://www.yelp.com/biz/azteca-tacos-restaurant-chicago

holy shit, they give you like 3 different salsas and homemade sour cream, and free guacamole on the weekends. Piles and piles of chips. I always get a nopales con queso sope (cactus and cheese on a corn thingy). holy shit, it's like putting heaven in your mouth. And at the end, you pay like 5 bucks. (y)

there's a place right by his house that's pretty good, but I usually just get avocado tacos or a rajas con queso gordita. ALSO, if you get take out from there, and you order chips, they give you like an entire jar full of salsa verde with them. 2 bucks. bam!

Echewta
03-05-2010, 01:10 AM
Mole ese

Nicodemus
03-05-2010, 02:04 AM
Tito's Tacos in Culver City, CA. Amazing and cheap. Great chips and salsa as well. Look out!