PDA

View Full Version : It's not St. Patrick's Day yet,

Dorothy Wood
03-13-2010, 12:33 PM
assholes!

Frat boys be all up in my face this morning. If you're wearing a metallic green Dr. Suess hat at 9:30 a.m. on a saturday...you've got a drinking problem. I'm sorry.

On my way to work I saw there was already a line outside of the most douchebagged bar in the city. BEFORE 10 AM.

I saw a chick wearing a green garter belt over her jeans.

I should probably just go home now after I board up the store. Or sell beer.

paul jones
03-13-2010, 03:35 PM
You need to get some industrial strength green paint in stock so that these pricks stay green all year and only then will they know how it's not easy being green like Kermit.

jabumbo
03-13-2010, 04:31 PM
they had the parade here in town this morning. easily the largest one of any holiday parade.

i avoided that show, but i am headed into town for a show a little later and i'm wondering how awful it might be. everyone will probably be plastered by the time i get there...

b i o n i c
03-13-2010, 04:34 PM
i love irish people and everything but st patricks day is the worst! if you need a reason to quit drinkin, check out a st patricks day parade/party sober

NicRN77
03-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Here in Boston we do have quite a few bozos who come out on St. Patty's Day. The big parade in Southie is tomorrow. I've never been...but I've heard its just a bunch of drunks.

Bob
03-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Here in Boston we do have quite a few bozos who come out on St. Patty's Day. The big parade in Southie is tomorrow. I've never been...but I've heard its just a bunch of drunks.

i hear that about southie generally

faz
03-13-2010, 09:44 PM
I don't think alcohol has ever touched my lips on any st patricks day

checkyourprez
03-13-2010, 11:46 PM
assholes!

Frat boys be all up in my face this morning. If you're wearing a metallic green Dr. Suess hat at 9:30 a.m. on a saturday...you've got a drinking problem. I'm sorry.

On my way to work I saw there was already a line outside of the most douchebagged bar in the city. BEFORE 10 AM.

I saw a chick wearing a green garter belt over her jeans.

I should probably just go home now after I board up the store. Or sell beer.

:confused:

anyone who goes and gets shitfaced on a Wednesday has a drinking problem. Saturday, and early Saturday is most definitely the time to do it.

jabumbo
03-14-2010, 12:41 AM
way to stick up for your frat boy brethren!

it appears the rain has dampened the partying outdoors, but a few clubs i passed from my car appeared to be humping.

sjp
03-14-2010, 04:22 AM
thank god i'm colorblind

checkyourprez
03-14-2010, 11:23 AM
way to stick up for your frat boy brethren!

it appears the rain has dampened the partying outdoors, but a few clubs i passed from my car appeared to be humping.

fratboys are ghey.

dont lump me in with them columbo.

Myu-to
03-17-2010, 02:07 AM
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Adam
03-17-2010, 02:57 AM
I asked my friends if anyone was doing anything today. The replies I got was: "when is it", "I'm not Irish", "I don't drink". The last one was a lie.

St Patrick's Day in the UK, or at least Sheffield where the Irish descendant population is fairly low relatively, is quiet unless on a weekend. Its one of the things I love about americans, they know how to make a party out of anything.

gbsuey
03-17-2010, 06:27 AM
Living in Cheltenham, you can't get away from it....is usually Gold Cup time as well so the normal influx of Irish folk just get more pissed than usual....streets littered with drunken irish men. Monday i went for lunch and there were a few in the pub already too f**ked up to finish their pints, unless they're just really confident they gonna win big and being flash with the cash. they were twatted though!!

Freebasser
03-17-2010, 08:55 AM
To me it's National Guinness Day. I have a can sitting on my desk left over from a few weeks ago.

I'll probably just drink that, being the party animal that I am (y)

NicRN77
03-17-2010, 09:03 AM
My day will consist of sleeping...since I worked all night...then heading back to work at 7p for another 12 hour shift!

MC Moot
03-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Are the gay's allowed to march in Boston's parade yet?

Whatitis
03-17-2010, 12:31 PM
Have a great St. Patty's Day everyone!!!

ericlee
03-17-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm gonna listen to House of Pain and drink some green Budweiser. That's how Irish I am.

Echewta
03-17-2010, 06:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCbuRA_D3KU

Make sure to have a tissue handy.

b i o n i c
03-17-2010, 06:39 PM
i warched angelas ashes again in honor of me oirish mates, good movie (y)

it made me watch gangs of ny again afterwards

hpdrifter
03-17-2010, 07:09 PM
it made me watch gangs of ny again afterwards

I thought I was the only one who liked that movie!

b i o n i c
03-17-2010, 07:49 PM
what?!

LOVE that flick(y) or did you mean angelas ashes

hpdrifter
03-17-2010, 08:18 PM
no, Gangs of New York!

I am fascinated by that whole section of New York's history. When I went to New York my favorite thing I did was the Lower Eastside Tenement Museum.

checkyourprez
03-17-2010, 08:54 PM
uneventful st.patricio's day for me. work, i wore a green polo. then i got home watched some champions league a bit and took a little nap. pounded out 2 hours at the gym. now going to gfs house to watch lost, shes still trying to catch up.

no corned beef and cabbage. just tilapia and cauliflower.

Lex Diamonds
03-18-2010, 03:06 AM
When you're me, every day is St. Paddy's day. Lots of green and too much drink. This 17th of March was a shit one for me though, I was doing (well, procrastinating from) uni work all day and my house was full of people still up doing amphets from the night before. Chumps.

Oh well at least I owned Planetary at Fifa. (y)

Rock
03-18-2010, 10:07 AM
I saw two rather large women get into a fight in front of two cops. The larger of the two had a tube top that got pulled down and her nasties were just flopping around during the fight. She hit a cop in the face that was trying to break it up.

St Patrick's Day stupidity in full effect y'all.

I'm probably staying in from now on.

jabumbo
03-18-2010, 12:35 PM
well i got denied 3 different times in my attempts to get a shamrock shake. so that was pretty lame.

Dorothy Wood
03-18-2010, 12:44 PM
you can't just go around asking people for shamrock shakes!

my st. patrick's day was kinda awesome, but I'm feeling not so awesome today. I remember now why I don't drink as much as I used to. flllrgggh.

I'm pretty sure I'm still a little drunk, either that or I've suffered brain damage.

hpdrifter
03-18-2010, 12:54 PM
My St. Paddy's also consisted of being denied a shamrock shake (I feel your pain, jabumbo). I asked for chocolate instead and ended up with some kind of strawberry-vanilla hybrid. :(

Anyway, I took a test and was home and in bed by 9. My kind of night.

Echewta
03-18-2010, 01:05 PM
I stayed home and read An Leabhar Cheanannais by candle light. Supper included colcannon, soda farls, and a delicious pure pot still whiskey.

jabumbo
03-18-2010, 03:25 PM
My St. Paddy's also consisted of being denied a shamrock shake (I feel your pain, jabumbo). I asked for chocolate instead and ended up with some kind of strawberry-vanilla hybrid. :(

two of the places had "broken" machines, and the other was apparently razed in the past week. go figure...

going to try and get one after work at the location that is better known for its cocaine sales than its big macs. if they don't have them, i might just have to get a fix.

hpdrifter
03-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Mine was simply sold out. I guess that's what I get for trying to get one at 9pm on St. Paddy's day. Are they still available?

b i o n i c
03-19-2010, 12:27 AM
a little bottle of green food coloring costs about 50 cents at the supermarket.
if you guys were TRULY dedicated, youd have the shit stocked and ready to put a drop in your vanilla shake...
FOR SHAME!

checkyourprez
03-19-2010, 12:49 AM
a little bottle of green food coloring costs about 50 cents at the supermarket.
if you guys were TRULY dedicated, youd have the shit stocked and ready to put a drop in your vanilla shake...
FOR SHAME!

dude. that is NOT what a shamrock shake is.

smh.

b i o n i c
03-19-2010, 01:32 AM
dont hit me

jabumbo
03-19-2010, 07:55 AM
bionic knows nothing.

i did finally get one after work, but it was still a pretty big ordeal. about half the staff at that mcd's don't actually do their job at any given point.