PDA

View Full Version : Every time I do a google search, pages from Stormfront pop up in the search results

Freebasser
03-18-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm not even talking particularly specific searches here - I'm searching for movie reviews and famous quotes etc and I'm getting links to threads about how 'negroes' shouldn't be within 5 feet of white people. I'm worried that my computer thinks I'm a white supremacist.

The worst thing is that by creating this thread, I'm probably contributing to the problem :/

Adam
03-19-2010, 03:07 AM
You mean pop up as an extra dialogue window or just actually in the search results.

Either/Or could be a malicious code, virus etc. Pop up then yes, but even if not that a simple way to check is; check the start of URL after the search. Say if you searched for something the url should look something like http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=something to start with.

If it does but you want to check further. Remove everything after it and it still should have the same results - to triple check, try the same link in a different browser and make sure you have the same results.

Freebasser
03-19-2010, 05:04 AM
Nonono it's nothing like that - don't worry.

It's just in the regular search results - be it on page 1,3,7 etc. but I seem to be getting their name in the search results at least once a day. Perahps I'm just being unlucky, but it seems like google is trying to fucking recommend I join them or something.

Definitely a racist computer :(

jabumbo
03-19-2010, 08:01 AM
user error

Kid Presentable
03-19-2010, 09:30 AM
I signed up there to 'raid' it and start a thread about hip-hop. Now I get birthday notifications from it. :(