PDA

View Full Version : Finished the Sopranos box-set (LATE PASS)

Kid Presentable
04-05-2010, 07:02 PM
We'd been chipping away at it, and by the time season 6 started we ploughed through it all, over this long weekend. Great fucking show. The ending makes some sense, I spose.

I don't think he died, since most of the arguments around his death focus on the pattern of Doorbell ring-TS POV- restaurant medium shot, which is broken on the final POV shot (when it blacks out) where we don't get the subsequent medium shot. If he'd been whacked, we should have seen the restaurant medium shot of Meadow's reaction, regardless of the blackout. I don't think we were in Tony's head per se, just experiencing his level of tension.

I think there was simply no more story to tell, and that it will just go on and on, albeit somewhat miserably.

Johnny Sack was a great character, great fucking show.

ms.peachy
04-05-2010, 09:46 PM
A mate of ours once spent and entire weekend watching every episode of the Sporanos (I think it was up to Season 5 at that point) whilst his girlfriend was away at her mum's. Totally warped him - when she walked in on the Sunday evening the first thing he said to her was "Where you been you f*cking c*nt?" before he even thought about how that was going to sound. They almost split up over it.

Bob
04-05-2010, 09:59 PM
i guess it could be worse, he could have tried to choke her to death

Planetary
04-05-2010, 11:42 PM
I think there was simply no more story to tell, and that it will just go on and on, albeit somewhat miserably.

My thoughts exactly. Basically as if to say that he's going to continue to endure this edgy existence and live with the uncertainty of organised crime.

Love The Sopranos (y)(y)(y)

HEIRESS
04-06-2010, 01:21 AM
I just finished season 5 of the wire tonight. I'm totally depressed now.

silence7
04-06-2010, 03:05 AM
I have the most basic cable ever, didn't start watching the Sopranos until after season 5 was out on DVD, started picking up one box set per week used for like $15 each, and watching them during the week, It put my life on hold for a month, then when the last season was coming on and I still had crap cable and no HBO, I downloaded the episodes as soon as it was done airing on the east coast... I really hope the movie comes out soon. I'm dying for another two hours, Just a two hour fix.

abcdefz
04-06-2010, 05:26 AM
I just finished season 5 of the wire tonight. I'm totally depressed now.

Now THAT'S a great show.

Adam
04-06-2010, 05:40 AM
Sopranos and The Wire are two of my favourite shows. I didn't really start watching Sopranos until end of last year and finished this year because it didn't really interest me but wished I had seen it sooner but on the other hand, glad I got to watch it one go (y)