PDA

View Full Version : I'm in new york for the world cup

Planetary
04-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Or at least the latter group stages and the second round.

Where can i watch all the England games?

edit: more specifically, new york city. even more specifically, queens.

b i o n i c
04-25-2010, 07:42 PM
go to my old country club, the beer g.arden (http://www.bohemianhall.com/). i watched the last one there all the time, good times(y) thats in queens

jabumbo
04-25-2010, 07:45 PM
this is america. we do not know of this game of which you call football

b i o n i c
04-25-2010, 08:50 PM
yes we do... its that sport with the fat guys who love to wear tight capri pants, bend over, touch each others butts and then jump on each other! the ones with the pretty, sparkley helmets! he's talking about soccer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noOHdTQd6H8) though(y)

i got curious about this and found a good link: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/694944

ps, there arent many english establishments in new york, but i wouldnt be afraid to hit up some irish pubs - they're everywhere, friendly and probably playing the games even with that whole irish/english thing. also if you're in the mood for spanish flavaz, there are plenty of nice hispanic style places in queens that would be happy to have you. also, i know the brits hate argentina and eithing, but theres an awesome restaurant on queens boulevard called boca juniors. i know i know

paul jones
04-25-2010, 10:06 PM
I thought is was in South Africa?

checkyourprez
04-25-2010, 10:36 PM
go hit up little italy. games will most defiantly be on up in that bitch.

Kid Presentable
04-25-2010, 11:22 PM
What's Queens like?

Documad
04-25-2010, 11:43 PM
I thought is was in South Africa?

That was my thought. But then I decided that he's going to be in NYC and wants to know where he might catch it on TV.

I have two separate groups of friends going to south africa for this and most of them don't even like soccer.

Planetary
04-26-2010, 04:37 AM
I have two separate groups of friends going to south africa for this and most of them don't even like soccer.

ask them if they want to gimme their tickets? (y)

thanks for the suggestions people. ill be looking into it. shame im not there for the USA england game. would've been fun...

edit: please bear in mind ill be on my own so no dodgy areas please.

checkyourprez
04-26-2010, 10:15 AM
what is the special occasion?

ericlee
04-26-2010, 10:24 AM
If you stop by wall street you'll probably see me. Doing things that I'm not supposed to be doing like typing this on my iPhone.

Planetary
04-26-2010, 11:00 AM
what is the special occasion?

no special occasion, goin over on a holiday with my moms and my sis nahmean?.

just happened to be at the worst possible time and i cant affordd to miss out on the world cup.

something tells me they wont have the games on at wall street?

b i o n i c
04-26-2010, 11:07 AM
queens is cool but why queens. queens is REALLY big too, im assuming you're gonna be close to manhattan

Planetary
04-26-2010, 11:12 AM
we got relatives there so free accomodation. fuck paying for a hotel in manhattings. ermmm i dont know its a while since ive been. in/near flushing i think. its a short bus ride to a 5/10 minute subway journey to manhattan so yeah kinda near. im willing to travel though to get to somewhere good.

b i o n i c
04-26-2010, 11:18 AM
flushing is at least 30 minutes to manhattan on the 7, but flushing is a cool place. you'd be close to the former shea stadium/citifield/mets.. you might catch a baseball game w/ cheap bleacher seats when you're there to see what its all about. also if you're in flushing, thats like koreatown2 of new york. love that. you'll also be fairly close to the big silver globe that you see in various beastie boys photography, site of the world's fair. not too spectacular, but worth a stroll if you're there

astoria is sort of on the way from flushing to manhattan, lotta ethnic bars/restaurants, etc to watch the games there. its not as obnoxious as williamsburg, but you'll find a lotta hipstery birds round there

for free, flushing is def not a bad place to be

Planetary
04-26-2010, 11:29 AM
yeah its in flushing as i suspected. the only place i know how to walk to from the house is KFC :cool: i remember the shea stadium from the past few times ive been, during the US open (y)

ive never really been around on my own though cause i was 16 last time i went. being 22 now i wanna explore on my own a bit and have a beer as well.

is there a models in flushing? i think i remember it cause of the mention it got on TTFB and i was like "woahhhh models :D"

b i o n i c
04-26-2010, 11:51 AM
modell's? the store? probably.. there's one on steinway street in astoria and one on 42nd close to grand central terminal if i remember correctly... you want to buy some american sports jerseys/hats/shirts, right? i guess modells is good for that

if its models you're looking for, hang around prince streeet and west broadway (manhattan), spin around and look straight ahead.

youre gonna want to get familiar with the main streets of flushing (i think its called main street, lolol) and the subways.. people dont take the buses too much, those are more for people who travel within the boros, kind of a waste of time to me. look up the nyc subway map and check out hopstop.com

you're gonna want to know the 7 train if you want to get into manhattan, which i think you'll want to do after you get enough of flushing. dont get me wrong, ive made the trip just to go there and its got its cool shit, but if you spend most of your time there you'll leave feeling that you've missed out

Planetary
04-26-2010, 12:02 PM
modell's? the store? probably.. there's one on steinway street in astoria and one on 42nd close to grand central terminal if i remember correctly... you want to buy some american sports jerseys/hats/shirts, right? i guess modells is good for that

if its models you're looking for, hang around prince streeet and west broadway (manhattan), spin around and look straight ahead.

youre gonna want to get familiar with the main streets of flushing (i think its called main street, lolol) and the subways.. people dont take the buses too much, those are more for people who travel within the boros, kind of a waste of time to me. look up the nyc subway map and check out hopstop.com

you're gonna want to know the 7 train if you want to get into manhattan, which i think you'll want to do after you get enough of flushing. dont get me wrong, ive made the trip just to go there and its got its cool shit, but if you spend most of your time there you'll leave feeling that you've missed out

nononooooooo i dont want to buy anything from there im just seeing if we're on the same tracks lol. i dont know the area at all but it should be cool, i just need to refresh my memory.

i dont really spend much tme in flushing, it's just where we stay. usually go straight for manhattan for the first few days, then just go everywhere, i just dont really want to be going to manhattan to for every game just for a cold beer and the soccerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. went to sleepy hollow last time i was in ny. that was pretty cool...

ericlee
04-26-2010, 12:13 PM
yeah its in flushing as i suspected. the only place i know how to walk to from the house is KFC :cool: i remember the shea stadium from the past few times ive been, during the US open (y)

ive never really been around on my own though cause i was 16 last time i went. being 22 now i wanna explore on my own a bit and have a beer as well.

is there a models in flushing? i think i remember it cause of the mention it got on TTFB and i was like "woahhhh models :D"

they closed the KFC on Main street. Kinda sucks.

If you're looking for a great place to eat, I'll recommend East Buffet on Main st. It's Chinese but they have sushi too.

Edit: they usually have the games on there.