PDA

View Full Version : Beasties in Iron Man 2?

DeanCubed
05-09-2010, 05:55 AM
Was that "Groove Holmes" I heard when Tony is sitting in the big donut before Nick Fury comes to talk to him???

kaiser soze
05-09-2010, 10:33 AM
nah that was Lady GaGa

Rodie
05-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Hmm I could see the confusion but I'm pretty sure it was Groove Holmes. I'll play closer attention next time I see it.

JasonP
05-09-2010, 03:28 PM
You are correct sir!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1228705/soundtrack

Fannypakks
05-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Haha, too bad IMDb spelled Yauch's name wrong :(

JoLovesMCA
05-09-2010, 09:25 PM
As many times as I have listened to this album and this song and I didn't notice it! OMG man I am an idiot! :eek:

Darko
05-10-2010, 02:06 PM
With Sabotage in Star Trek last year and now Groove Holmes in Iron Man 2, it's clear that the Beastie Boys are the go-to band when scoring the biggest blockbusters of the year. Look out for Mark on the Bus next year during The Green Lantern.

Nygel
05-10-2010, 08:28 PM
it's actually Intergalactic in Green Lantern. It plays during seen of the ship crash landing from space. Hope it doesn't come off as too cheesy.

mathcart
05-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Yeah- that was really fun- I still find it incredible how happy hearing their music makes me...
(y)

kleptomaniac
05-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Haha, too bad IMDb spelled Yauch's name wrong :(

that's how it was spelled in the actual movie credits. not cool. :(

but yeah it was funny seeing tony stark in his iron man suit chilling on a big donut with beastie boys playing in the background lol

DeanCubed
05-24-2010, 07:13 PM
I gotta bump this because I just saw Shrek: Forever After and once again the Beasties have contributed to a mainstream film - and its one of the best gags in the movie. The Pied Piper uses his flute to play the sample from Sure Shot which leads to some evil witches forced to breakdance in their b-boy stance.

I'm so glad the Beasties have finally learned to sell out :) It makes pop-culture much more fun when some kickass tunes show up.

JoLovesMCA
05-24-2010, 07:45 PM
Well isn't it really selling out using songs for soundtracks? I mean if it were one of their songs used in a tide commercial or something then to me that might be contradicting what they said but I think soundtrack is fine. I gotta see this now and only because of their song!!!!!!!!!! I am going this week and like a dork I am wearing my BB shirt. :D

Rodie
05-25-2010, 12:02 AM
I think they at least check out the movies before they okay it to be used in the film. If you listen to the commentary on Dogma the director, Kevin Smith, said that one scene originally had Shake Your Rump playing in the background. They had to remove it because only AdRock and Mike D saw it but MCA couldn't because of scheduling conflicts. Who knows if this is always the case though.

Also, Hey Ladies is in the Tina Fey/Amy Poehler comedy "Baby Mama."

Brother McDuff
05-25-2010, 04:33 AM
I think they at least check out the movies before they okay it to be used in the film. If you listen to the commentary on Dogma the director, Kevin Smith, said that one scene originally had Shake Your Rump playing in the background. They had to remove it because only AdRock and Mike D saw it but MCA couldn't because of scheduling conflicts. Who knows if this is always the case though.

Also, Hey Ladies is in the Tina Fey/Amy Poehler comedy "Baby Mama."

nice insight. never heard that one before. thanks. (y)

it makes sense, actually. considering a movie like dogma that dealt so critically over religion, I'd assume Yauch would be the most concerned with how it portrays the use of the band's material.

it's impressive that the beastie boys take their legacy so seriously yet so nonchalantly at the same time. it speaks volumes of their artistry. it makes you realize just how many other groups from varying eras fail to regulate their own admissions. it also makes you realize and appreciate the others that do.

JoLovesMCA
05-25-2010, 08:19 PM
Oh my this is just amazing. Seriously because the BB's don't just write music so it can be a number one hit and then sell it to whoever they can to make more money. I just never sat back and really seen the broad picture of it all. They seem to care so much about every detail from the music itself, to how it portrays them, to who's hands it ends up in and how its used. I just totally respect them even more as artists because they really do take pride in all of their achievements. (y)

And the other thing I like that I was discussing with another fan last night. I like how they all seem to be on the same page with things. Sometimes there are so many conflicts among bands because each have opposite views on politics and religion but BB have this magical chemistry and they always seem to be in agreement. That right there is also very rare and so special that they work so good together for this long!!

jayjacobson16
05-26-2010, 08:16 AM
I gotta bump this because I just saw Shrek: Forever After and once again the Beasties have contributed to a mainstream film - and its one of the best gags in the movie. The Pied Piper uses his flute to play the sample from Sure Shot which leads to some evil witches forced to breakdance in their b-boy stance.

I'm so glad the Beasties have finally learned to sell out :) It makes pop-culture much more fun when some kickass tunes show up.

That's not selling out. All they did was allow it to be played in a movie. They probably saw it and maybe even liked the idea. It's not like one of them wore a shrek 4 shirt in some music video or something.