PDA

View Full Version : Juvenile sampling "The New Style"...thoughts???

SocialScientist
06-23-2010, 04:09 PM
http://www.djbooth.net/index/tracks/review/juvenile-drop-that-azz/

JoLovesMCA
06-23-2010, 07:50 PM
I hate it. I hate rap like that to begin with. I can't listen to a whole song going on and about drop that azz. How annoying. I think it's cool he was able to sample the BB's though. (n)

jayjacobson16
06-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Wow that was G-BAGE! (aka Garbage) Why do people think that it's cool to say ass and have just terrible synth every song? I already knew the song would sound just like that based on the guy and the name of the song. I just had to verify it. This is sad...

RichieT.
06-24-2010, 10:20 AM
"I want to say a little somethin' that's long overdue, the disrespect to women has got to be through. To all the mothers and the sisters and the wives and friends, I want to offer my love and respect till the end."

Back that shit song up seems to go against what the boys stand for

pip07
06-24-2010, 12:40 PM
lmao will you babies shut up

the song is alright and the sample is dope...

kleptomaniac
06-24-2010, 01:06 PM
the song is far from alright, it's kinda, uh, terrible. yeah, it's cool that he sampled our boys, but i could only listen halfway through the song. i doubt i missed anything significant in the second half though lol :p

"I want to say a little somethin' that's long overdue, the disrespect to women has got to be through. To all the mothers and the sisters and the wives and friends, I want to offer my love and respect till the end."

(y)

Baseline
06-24-2010, 03:34 PM
What? Get out of here!

faz
06-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Seems a bit strange to talk about artists not being aloud to sample the beastie boys. The song is terrible though.

b i o n i c
06-24-2010, 05:03 PM
its just a sonG

mister jason
06-24-2010, 05:33 PM
the song sucks...also, do you know how many times "drop" has been sampled?! probably as much as james brown

JoLovesMCA
06-24-2010, 06:10 PM
At least he is working at his job. At least he is putting something out, more than i can say for lazy ass Yauch:mad:

Well I'd rather listen to a good song by somebody lazy then something that totally sucks.

And yeah its just a song but I am just tired of rap like that. It's just not fun and its not the lyrics so much that bothers me as the way he sounds. Its like anybody can do a song like that. I've got a 16 year old cousin who can sound like that. But let him cover an entire Beastie Boys song and not be able to keep up. He'd probably trip over his words lol. Okay I'll stop. :p

jayjacobson16
06-24-2010, 06:10 PM
At least he is working at his job. At least he is putting something out, more than i can say for lazy ass Yauch:mad:

Great. You're back with the same shit you've been saying for several months.

camo
06-24-2010, 07:43 PM

You're pretty much the epitome of the word 'cunt'.

6 point 7
06-26-2010, 12:52 PM
the song is pretty poor but being that the beasties sampled the shizz out of anything and everything for Paul's Boutique, it'd be pretty hypocritical to say some one else shouldn't sample their intellectual property.

mmmmmm....drop.

JoLovesMCA
06-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Maybe I am bias but then again VH1 music critic said himself that when other bands or artists sample songs they never really do a good job with it but when the BB's do it it always seems to work perfectly. :)

Burnout18
06-30-2010, 07:40 PM
It's not as bad as i thought it would be... the adrock sample is not needed tho.

jayjacobson16
06-30-2010, 07:55 PM
the song is pretty poor but being that the beasties sampled the shizz out of anything and everything for Paul's Boutique, it'd be pretty hypocritical to say some one else shouldn't sample their intellectual property.

mmmmmm....drop.

It's pathetic that these kind of douchy "artists" if you want to call them that even try to sample them not only because their songs suck but they probably only sampled them to bring attention to the song. That's probably why they will never sample a less known Beastie Boy track. In fact the only ones they sample are LTI songs because that album is their most popular one. They don't care to sample a cool line or rhyme or even a beat from them. They only really want to sample a well known clip and that is why they shouldn't sample them.

Justin
07-06-2010, 01:10 AM
if i was adrock and was getting paid for a 1 second sample on a song...id be like "SURE! Drop that azz as much as you'd like."

JoLovesMCA
07-06-2010, 02:01 AM
My issue is not so much the sampling as it is the SONG. Rap today isn't creative anymore. It's watered down to one hook and ass dropping lyrics. The Beasties despite sampling during Paul's Boutique era always got creative with the music and used many different beats and samples. Their music is like a layered cake. I can listen to the songs to this very day and find something new I love or appreciate about it. I don't see that much in hip hop these days. It's funny because to me even though hip hop is huge now, I think the music was better when it wasn't so mainstream. :rolleyes:

DJ_Skrilla
07-06-2010, 04:13 AM
That song sounds like shit. Serious. U can barely even hear the sample. Go home juvenile, his 15 minutes of fame is GONE. Go drop that azzz

Guy Incognito
07-06-2010, 06:15 PM
You're pretty much the epitome of the word 'cunt'.

cunts are useful

if i was adrock and was getting paid for a 1 second sample on a song...id be like "SURE! Drop that azz as much as you'd like."

indeed, unless there was some serious nazi/hate crime shit trying to sample them it would be fairly hypocritical of the boys not to clear sampes. its not like the boys havent made the odd comment about the ladies when they were young and err.. juvenile
Plus its a fucking great sample and delivery and to compare it to james brown samples should be taken as a compliment