PDA

View Full Version : louie

cj hood
07-08-2010, 05:11 PM
on fx....very funny!

A. Chimendez
07-08-2010, 08:36 PM
I keep missing it and forgetting to set my DVR. Fuck.

Burnout18
07-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Great show, it feels a little rushed though, i wish it was an hour. And Nick Dipalo has been great in both episodes he's been in. Very funny.

DIGI
07-09-2010, 11:39 AM
^ I hear that.

"So I guess this is where the letter C comes for her dialysis."

nodanaonlyzuul
07-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Great show, it feels a little rushed though, i wish it was an hour. And Nick Dipalo has been great in both episodes he's been in. Very funny.

Agreed! I'm always sad that it's over so quickly.

That last episode was especially hilarious.

cj hood
07-14-2010, 08:24 PM

I opened up for Nick....he schooled some heckers!

Turchinator
07-14-2010, 08:27 PM
This show is brilliant. I love how it takes a serious note like at the poker table, and after Nick bombed they went off on politics and almost exchanged blows...

Are they just turning the camera on and shooting? it seems very genuine.

DIGI
07-14-2010, 09:48 PM
The newest episode has renewed my crush on Pam.

checkyourprez
07-15-2010, 12:54 AM
is it basically the same show on hbo a couple years back or did they reformulate it?

Ty Webb
07-15-2010, 12:42 PM
it's a lot different than lucky louie. it's less of a sitcom. you know how on seinfeld jerry would always start the show w/ stand up? it's like that but for longer, then like 2 kinda artsy sketches supposedly taken from his real life. it's good. stoked on new episodes.

Turchinator
07-15-2010, 12:45 PM
is it basically the same show on hbo a couple years back or did they reformulate it?

its the same Louis CK humor from his standup and it has similar castmembers/creative team behind it. but the main premise is different.

Lucky Louie was about a mechanic named Louie who lived with his wife and daughter.

"Louie" is about a standup comic named Louie CK who is divorced and raising his two daughters by himself.

he and his comic friends do stand up in the city and all hang out together as themselves. it has a more true to life flavor as we get to see some standup comedy in the middle of the show, kind of like Seinfeld or Curb.

HEIRESS
08-20-2010, 04:09 PM
I absolutely love this show, burned through all 8 episdoes this week and was left wanting moremoremore.

And yes, the non-traditional way the 1/2 hour show is set up wins it huge points with me.

I spend half the show cringing and the other half laughing.

(y)

A. Chimendez
08-20-2010, 09:49 PM
Yeah, finally got around to getting it recorded. It's awesome.(y)

NicRN77
08-21-2010, 09:26 AM
really? I was wondering if I should give it a chance....I wasn't a big fan of Lucky Louie on HBO.

TAL
08-21-2010, 10:44 AM
I like "I wanna dip my balls in it"-Louie more.

Burnout18
08-23-2010, 01:53 PM
I opened up for Nick....he schooled some heckers!

oh really? no shit. i remember you saying u met leno on the tonight show in another thread i didnt realize u didnt stand up urself. Awesome.

cj hood
08-23-2010, 07:29 PM
oh really? no shit. i remember you saying u met leno on the tonight show in another thread i didnt realize u didnt stand up urself. Awesome.

i was on the Tonight Show but not for stand-up, but i do stand-up....2 bigger names i've worked with are DiPaolo and Rich Vos.

Burnout18
08-23-2010, 10:47 PM
i was on the Tonight Show but not for stand-up, but i do stand-up....2 bigger names i've worked with are DiPaolo and Rich Vos.

oh wow thats pretty cool, i really only know vos from being on opie and anthony, but he's good, thats great man.

Bob
09-18-2010, 02:05 AM
i started watching this after noticing that it's on hulu - i love it. i'm about halfway through it but i think my favorite moment so far is from the first episode, the whole date with chelsea peretti. particularly the part where they're sitting on the subway and he keeps smiling at her in the exact same way.

i'm a fan of comedies that are funny because the main characters put themselves in awkward situations (like the UK version of the office) because that's basically my day-to-day so it's nice to be able to see it on TV now and then

cj hood
09-18-2010, 08:04 AM
I think of the show as a more 'realistic version of Seinfeld from George's prospective'....

NicRN77
09-18-2010, 10:59 AM
I need to watch this!

NicRN77
09-27-2010, 03:00 AM
finally caught an episode....the one with Ricky Gervais. hilarious!!!

Bob
10-07-2010, 02:30 PM
i watched the last episode, the one with the nightclub. that scene where he's in the club and he tries to hit on those women and they freak out and chase him out of the club, wailing on him with their purses...oh my god, i don't think i've ever laughed so hard at something i've seen on a tv show in quite some time. like the build up, where he's approaching them with his hands out in front, i was cringing so hard i literally had to say "oh my god" out loud all to myself and i couldn't stop laughing for like a minute, it was amazing

i hope they make more of that show

NicRN77
10-07-2010, 03:03 PM
I watched the episode where he goes down south. I was cracking up when security found his lube in his carry on bag.

mikizee
10-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Yep Louis CK has confirmed on twitter that a second season has been commissioned. I'm assuming by a commissioner of some sort.

Bob
10-08-2010, 08:58 PM
i believe it was the president of comedy

cj hood
10-13-2010, 05:21 PM
Just watched the Mom & Neighbor episodes.....ridiculous!!!

Bob
10-13-2010, 06:16 PM
i seriously wish i had more episodes of this show to watch. it's such a perfect blend of funny and sad and awkward. i find myself sometimes feeling down or uncomfortable when i'm out and about but then i think of a scene from louie and i just laugh and own it. i'm really glad i found out about it. i can honestly say that i feel better as a person because of it

i mean it's not all gold - the god episode was kind of lacking in the joke department but the gold parts more than outweigh the meh parts (edit: for the show as a whole, i mean. the god one wasn't that funny).

yeahwho
10-13-2010, 08:04 PM
OK OK OK I'll watch it!

jeez :mad:

NicRN77
10-13-2010, 10:44 PM
ya, I found the God episode lame. All others were hilarious. The mom episode was classic.

yeahwho
10-29-2010, 04:53 AM
OK OK OK, that Louie dudes' fucked up.

Why? I just want to take you out.... don't step in the diarrhea vomit, I think that's vomit from somebody who ate diarrhea.

Classic pick up line just left there on the street for any stud trying out his moves.

NicRN77
12-03-2010, 08:03 AM
so, I started watching late in the season and missed a few episodes. I see Netflix is already streaming the first season! Yahoo!

taquitos
12-03-2010, 11:51 AM
wired magazine this month referred to his parenting on the show as "demented". talk about missing the point. he is a really good dad.

wired is getting less cool every issue

NicRN77
06-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Louis CK tweeted new season premieres 6/23 on FX!! Looking forward to it!!

Turchinator
07-13-2011, 12:15 PM
Louie is back for Season 2 y'all, and watch out, he has acting chops now...

god this show is so good, I see him winning an emmy

I think of the show as a more 'realistic version of Seinfeld from George's prospective'....

Curb Your Enthusiasm ?

cj hood
07-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Louie is back for Season 2 y'all, and watch out, he has acting chops now...

god this show is so good, I see him winning an emmy

Curb Your Enthusiasm ?

I've never watched Curb (no HBO...sux) ....but where Seinfeld was at one extreme (cartoonish), Louie's at the other (dark) extreme...

Turchinator
07-13-2011, 12:35 PM
oh wow hood you are sleeping on Curb? it's Larry David playing himself- the inspiration for the George Costanza character and all the awkward moments that come out of being a neurotic millionaire with all the time in the world on his hands and a society of morons around him... all kinds of cameos and comedians etc...

I know how much you like Louie and it looks like you are a fan of Seinfeld- all three go together IMO as self referencing comedian as comedian types of shows-

have you checked out Season Two of Louie yet? they introduce his sister into the fold

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-june-28-2011/louis-c-k-

NicRN77
07-13-2011, 01:40 PM
I feel like the second season of Louie isn't as hilarious as last...but maybe it is taking a bit of time to warm up. Listen to all the commentaries on the first season...great!!

I'm a huge Curb fan. so glad it's back. the tampon fiasco was classic Larry.

DIGI
07-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Curb is one of the best shows in television history if not THE best.

Louie's good too. I get very excited when I know Ricky's going to be on. His character is hilarious.

NicRN77
07-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Curb is one of the best shows in television history if not THE best.

Louie's good too. I get very excited when I know Ricky's going to be on. His character is hilarious.

agree.

Louis CK got 3 Emmy nods! (y)

Documad
07-14-2011, 10:43 PM
Joan was a nice touch.

cj hood
09-14-2011, 05:05 AM
louie in afghanistan....GOLD!

Audio.
09-16-2011, 03:36 PM
dane cook on the show, that scene was sort of intense.

DandyFop
09-17-2011, 11:16 PM
Louie dropped in at a show I did last week. My brain almost exploded. I didn't say anything to him.

NicRN77
09-18-2011, 09:38 AM
Louie dropped in at a show I did last week. My brain almost exploded. I didn't say anything to him.

Sweet! I went to the Comedy Cellar in NYC back in May...Louie walked right past me and I freaked out.