PDA

View Full Version : i had no idea there was a karate kid remake

Guy Incognito
07-10-2010, 03:01 PM
and i had no idea jackie chan was the mr myagi character. he cant fuck that up can he?

Helvete
07-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I just saw that on TV also. I'd heard of a remake, but didn't realise they were going to butcher it like it looks at the moment. I mean come on, the kid is like 12 years old.

abcdefz
07-10-2010, 03:42 PM
Supposedly Chan gives his best performance so far. The movie got generally good reviews and is a blockbuster in the States.

Guy Incognito
07-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Supposedly Chan gives his best performance so far. The movie got generally good reviews and is a blockbuster in the States.

well thats kinda why i asked about chan cos he seemed a bit different. it seemed like he wasnt being jackie chan for a change. i.e actually trying to act and not doing that daft grin or cracking bad jokes , well no, thats wrong, the jokes are usually well written in his films but he delivers them poorly

roosta
07-10-2010, 07:33 PM
i've heard its actually alright.

I love the original, but i'll probably check it out, but not expecting too much.

Guy Incognito
07-11-2010, 06:03 AM
karate kid...i guess i'll be the first to admit to it. was good until the 'bad' sensei yelled 'finish him' and then i didn't hear 'get him a body bag johnny!'

just read this in the movie thread. i'm glad i saw this before seeing it

SoundScientist
07-11-2010, 07:13 AM
At least we can take solace in the fact that nothing will ever be as bad as the A Team remake.

Guy Incognito
07-11-2010, 10:49 AM
^ well you cant polish a turd

the a team was, is and always will be shit. I'm going to get grief for this. I watched it as a kid and didnt hate it but when i have seen it since or thought about it , it makes me cringe.

In every episode it always had:

same jokes
same disguises
same storylines
same old workshop to which to make the same old shit
same old bush for the same old army van to go into where the same old driver would always get out brushing the same shoulder
same imaginary friend storyline with murdoch
same old lines
same old glass of fucking milk

It was a fantastic opening sequence with a kick ass theme tune and then it was half an hour of complete monkey spunk

roosta
07-11-2010, 06:08 PM
^ well you cant polish a turd

the a team was, is and always will be shit. I'm going to get grief for this. I watched it as a kid and didnt hate it but when i have seen it since or thought about it , it makes me cringe.

In every episode it always had:

same jokes
same disguises
same storylines
same old workshop to which to make the same old shit
same old bush for the same old army van to go into where the same old driver would always get out brushing the same shoulder
same imaginary friend storyline with murdoch
same old lines
same old glass of fucking milk

It was a fantastic opening sequence with a kick ass theme tune and then it was half an hour of complete monkey spunk

same old great things?

a-team was and is a great tv show.