PDA

View Full Version : Sooooo HOT!

Funky Pepp
07-12-2010, 04:50 PM
It is so unbelievably hot here. The hottest day they ever ever measured in Berlin - close to 110°. It was so hot today, our thermometer didn't show the temperature anymore (it stops at 105°). And even in the night it's so hot outside, you can't open the window for a tiny little breeze. And on top of that I'm pregnant in week 35 and I think I'm going to die...

Who else loves the weather at the moment? Start complaining here! :D

NicRN77
07-12-2010, 05:06 PM
it has been so unbearable here in Boston over the last week. I can't stand 90 degrees and humid! My A/C has been on forever...and I'm not looking forward to my electricity bill next month. The heat has let up a little, but the humidity is still killer. Last week a few towns in Massachusetts reached over 100. Crazy. I'm ready for fall.

Funky Pepp
07-12-2010, 05:15 PM
I am really lookin' forward to the office-day tomorrow :rolleyes: (I worked from home today) as our office is a sauna. If it's 90° outside its 115° inside. After one whole day of airconditioning with our small mobile device it's cooled down to about 100° if you are lucky. But there is still a little hope left - tomorrows forecast: refreshing 92°...

yeahwho
07-12-2010, 05:19 PM
It's 1:30 PM in Seattle, slight drizzle and 59 degrees outside.

Summer in the northwest.

Bob
07-12-2010, 05:22 PM
it has been so unbearable here in Boston over the last week. I can't stand 90 degrees and humid! My A/C has been on forever...and I'm not looking forward to my electricity bill next month. The heat has let up a little, but the humidity is still killer. Last week a few towns in Massachusetts reached over 100. Crazy. I'm ready for fall.

at least you have AC :(. all i have is a fan which i keep as close to my body as possible at all times.

at first i was concerned that something was wrong with me because i was drinking tons of water and not pissing very much; apparently that happens when you sweat as much as i've been sweating lately

i miss winter

Planetary
07-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Pretty sure it's illegal to work in conditions that hot. In England, anyway.

Freebasser
07-12-2010, 05:26 PM
It's hot in England too, but only by English standards - it's like 2 degrees celcius or something. Phewwwww!

Guy Incognito
07-12-2010, 05:32 PM
i live in greater manchester , enough said.

Funky Pepp
07-12-2010, 05:33 PM
I wish we had a real aircondition in our office or at least a small oone at home to get some hours of sleep. But also only a tiny little fan. I would love to go somewhere cooler now seattle sounds good - england too...

JBernas
07-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Last week it was 101-105 every day. It was 91 when I left my house for work in the morning(n). I was thinking to myself today how nice it felt out and I looked at the temp in my car and it read 89. Funny how refreshing 90 feels when you've gotten used to 105....

Planetary
07-12-2010, 08:18 PM
i live in greater manchester , enough said.

word - its grim up north

Lyman Zerga
07-13-2010, 08:44 AM
i dont remember how it feels like to be not sweaty

Helvete
07-13-2010, 10:23 AM
I shall never complain about the heat in Europe after experiencing 130f.

MC Moot
07-13-2010, 10:36 AM
Yesterday afternoon... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeIAqbig750&feature=related)

:eek:
(y)

checkyourprez
07-13-2010, 11:06 AM
been hovering around low 90s to the mid 90s for the past week here. i hate uncomfortable heat. but i like summer, im not trying to wish it away!!!

just hit the pool.

central air is nice tho, sleep with a fan and my comforter.

Funky Pepp
07-13-2010, 01:09 PM
I forgot to tell: at the moment it's nearly impossible to open the windo even if there was a breeze outside, because the mega construction site next to us decided to put their lousy fish-n-chips-shack under our window. And I swear they didn't change the grease of the deepfryer since they startet frying fish every day more than a year ago. It's so disgusting :mad:

MC Moot
07-13-2010, 01:47 PM
advice: Take 1 hot water bottle fill with water,freeze it,then slip under your pillow....if you have one or more bottles you can assemble a protective barrier to keep your partners radiation at bay…(y)

TAL
07-13-2010, 01:54 PM
word - its grim up north
(y)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRLG1kHvRO4

First verse
Bolton, Barnsley, Nelson, Colne, Burnley, Bradford, Buxton, Crewe, Warrington, Widnes, Wigan, Leeds, Northwich, Nantwich, Knutsford, Hull, Sale, Salford, Southport, Leigh, Kirkby, Kearsley, Keighley, Maghull, Harrogate, Huddersfield, Oldham, Lancs, Grimsby, Glossop, Hebden Bridge.

Second verse
Brighouse, Bootle, Featherstone, Speke, Runcorn, Rotherham, Rochdale, Barrow, Morecambe, Macclesfield, Lytham St. Annes, Clitheroe, Cleethorpes, the M62.

Third verse
Pendlebury, Prestwich, Preston, York, Skipton, Scunthorpe, Scarborough-on-Sea, Chester, Chorley, Cheadle Hulme, Ormskirk, Accrington, Stanley, Ossett, Otley, Ilkley Moor, Sheffield, Manchester, Castleford, Skem, Doncaster, Dewsbury, Halifax, Bingley, Bramhall.

b i o n i c
07-13-2010, 02:47 PM
young lesbians (y)

Guy Incognito
07-13-2010, 02:59 PM
(y)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRLG1kHvRO4

First verse
Bolton, Barnsley, Nelson, Colne, Burnley, Bradford, Buxton, Crewe, Warrington, Widnes, Wigan, Leeds, Northwich, Nantwich, Knutsford, Hull, Sale, Salford, Southport, Leigh, Kirkby, Kearsley, Keighley, Maghull, Harrogate, Huddersfield, Oldham, Lancs, Grimsby, Glossop, Hebden Bridge.

Second verse
Brighouse, Bootle, Featherstone, Speke, Runcorn, Rotherham, Rochdale, Barrow, Morecambe, Macclesfield, Lytham St. Annes, Clitheroe, Cleethorpes, the M62.

Third verse
Pendlebury, Prestwich, Preston, York, Skipton, Scunthorpe, Scarborough-on-Sea, Chester, Chorley, Cheadle Hulme, Ormskirk, Accrington, Stanley, Ossett, Otley, Ilkley Moor, Sheffield, Manchester, Castleford, Skem, Doncaster, Dewsbury, Halifax, Bingley, Bramhall.

i was going to post this when planetary posted but couldnt be arsed to go to you tube. I have it on cassette single which makes me feel very old indeed.
The town i was born is mentioned but where i live now is too grim to be mentioned!

abcdefz
07-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Ugh. I hate trying to sleep at night when it's really really hot. You have my sympathy. Can't even imagine being pregnant at the same time.

Dorothy Wood
07-13-2010, 05:27 PM
it's been hot but bearable here. i don't function too well in the heat unless there's water to jump in/through. i'm at the beach now, the breeze is nice, and it was awesome to jump in the water after riding my bike! for you hot people, try running cold water over the insides of you elbows...i find that helps a lot when i can't seem to cool off

MC Moot
07-13-2010, 05:47 PM
This makes me think...is running through the sprinkler a unique right of passage to North Americans?...and has anyone actually played around a open fire hydrant?

Funky Pepp
07-13-2010, 06:20 PM
advice: Take 1 hot water bottle fill with water,freeze it,then slip under your pillow....if you have one or more bottles you can assemble a protective barrier to keep your partners radiation at bay…(y)

I will definitely try that tomorrow. It's too late now to get the water frozen unfortunately...

And running through our sprinkler is what I tried this evening (but not because I wanted too - too many moskitos in the garden)...

b-grrrlie
07-13-2010, 06:24 PM
I am in such luck that I can go swimming during my lunchbreak, in a small lake with red and white waterlilies! (y) :) (y)

Funky Pepp
07-13-2010, 06:26 PM
I am in such luck that I can go swimmind during my lunchbreak, in a small lake with red and white waterlilies! (y) :) (y)

I will be able to go swimming in a lake of my own sweat soon if the weather stays like that! I will have to think about buying some waterlilies then... ;)

alruggs
07-18-2010, 06:23 PM
It's 109 right now. Should cool down to a chilly 88 tonight.

Audio.
07-18-2010, 07:34 PM
88f here. (y)