PDA

View Full Version : I don't really care for Family Guy; I HATE Family Guy fans.

Rodie
07-31-2010, 02:21 AM
I don't like Family Guy. It's not the worst show I've ever seen, but of the episodes I've seen (about 4) it's just not my thing. I'd give it about a 3. But why the fuck is it that if you tell someone you don't like Family Guy they act like you just told them you're a serial rapist? This just boggles my mind. I mean I like about 5 sitcoms that are currently on the air, but if I say "I like Modern Family" and you say "I don't really care for it" I really don't give a shit. It doesn't impede on me liking it at all. But try saying that to a Family Guy fan. They'll give you a 2-4 minute oration explaining why it's so great, some of the best jokes from recent episodes, and so on. While this is happening, other people always walk by and chime in with the whole "What!? You don't like Family Guy!?" thing.

Sorry I had to vent as, for whatever reason, this has been happening to me a lot recently.

Bob
07-31-2010, 03:42 AM
i haven't really noticed that phenomenon, but i don't really talk about family guy to family guy fans much. i remember thinking it was hilarious when it first came out but then it got canceled and when it came back it became progressively more terrible. i haven't rewatched the first two seasons ever so who knows, maybe it was never funny and i just used to be stupid

american dad on the other hand is actually pretty damn funny somehow. it's like they reigned in seth macfarlane's natural instinct to run every damn joke into the ground and beat it into an unfunny pulp or something i dunno

paul jones
07-31-2010, 03:56 AM
it's not my cup of tea

Lyman Zerga
07-31-2010, 04:18 AM
that show is total crap, i dont get why anyone would watch it

abcdefz
07-31-2010, 04:32 AM
Tried it; didn't like it.

It had one or two moments per show couched in many self-satisfied lunges at humor that weren't funny at all.

The only folks I've met who liked it were people who sort of needed an elbow in the ribs and a laugh track.

roosta
07-31-2010, 08:44 AM
haha,yeah, round here its a pretty rare thing to not like Family Guy.

I've had lots of "what? you don't?" moments.

But i'm used to it. I don't like cheese, which is something most people cannot comprehend.

jabumbo
07-31-2010, 09:34 AM
But i'm used to it. I don't like cheese, which is something most people cannot comprehend.

i call shenanigans!

Rodie
07-31-2010, 11:54 AM

Hmm, that is pretty odd but I'll allow it.

ericlee
07-31-2010, 12:41 PM
My wife doesn't like cheese either. I don't understand her sometimes.

Guy Incognito
07-31-2010, 04:35 PM
a freind really likes it and he tends to just tell me about ones i have not scene. Seen a few, its ok, not always enough to keep me watching a whole episode. I lreally ike the star wars stuff though, some of that is genius.

Adam
07-31-2010, 04:42 PM
...run every damn joke into the ground and beat it into an unfunny pulp or something i dunno

DENTAL PLAN!

Adam
07-31-2010, 04:44 PM
I have a friend who is scared of crisps and dislikes cheese. I've told her I'd be madly in love with her if it wasn't for those facts.

Secretly tho, I am madly in love with her...

kleptomaniac
08-02-2010, 08:37 PM
i'm okay with it as long as nobody says it's better than south park, because that's just silly. :p

Burnout18
08-03-2010, 10:03 AM
I enjoy south park more than i do family guy.

I went to college and lived in a dorm where family guy was the most watched tv show/piece of entertainment and everyone was always quoting the show. I HATE PEOPLE who constantly quote shows or movies and think they are being funny.

Anyways i dunno if my dormmates ruined the show for me, but i find it lacks imagination, its not very creative and the show always goes for the cheap laugh. It made Hitler jokes hacky. Ughhh

Adam
08-03-2010, 02:09 PM
I HATE PEOPLE who constantly quote shows or movies and think they are being funny.

Dental Plan!

Caribou
08-03-2010, 04:31 PM
I sometimes watch family guy when nothing else is on (in the middle of the night when on comedy central), and I sometimes chuckle, but I can totally understand why someone would not like it.
It's utterly random, but that's what you get when you leave the creative process to manatees.

PS: Seth McFarlane is a dick.

Guy Incognito
08-03-2010, 05:07 PM
the annoying bits of mcfarlane have to exist though for the genius bits to happen. Its like robin williams' stand up, you have to listen to endless minutes of crap to hear a few seconds worth of genius

jabumbo
08-03-2010, 09:31 PM
your best analogy yet, guy! (y)

synch
08-04-2010, 06:46 AM
the annoying bits of mcfarlane have to exist though for the genius bits to happen. Its like robin williams' stand up, you have to listen to endless minutes of crap to hear a few seconds worth of geniusI like Robin Williams but I know you are right :(

I think it's residual Mork credit that makes me watch it.

About Family Guy... Tried it, didn't like it. It's random in ways that annoy even me. Normally I don't shy away from randomness.

checkyourprez
08-04-2010, 08:27 AM
family guys is funny.

when it was first out it was cool to like family guy, now that everyone likes it, its cool to not like it. is what it is.

i still appreciate it, but dont watch it really.

Guy Incognito
08-04-2010, 02:21 PM
your best analogy yet, guy! (y)

i wasnt aware i did a lot of them, do I? or were you on a urine extraction?

Guy Incognito
08-04-2010, 02:24 PM
the thing about macfarlane that i wonder about: is all the endless running of the gags because he thinks its funny or is it because he needs to fill time? Thats what pisses me off, i cant be sure if he's selling us short by repeating and hammering gags. The holding the knee thing was funny for about 4 seconds and when the At-at did it but apart from that its gash.

Audio.
08-04-2010, 09:47 PM
I rather watch Rocko's Modern Life.

Rodie
08-04-2010, 10:59 PM
I rather watch Rocko's Modern Life.

OH my God YES.

My original complaint happened to me twice in the past 36 hours. What a world.