PDA

View Full Version : itunes and podcasts question

Bob
08-06-2010, 06:06 PM
so here's a thing that i'm wondering. when you use itunes to listen to podcasts, you use this screen: http://i.t.com.com/i/lumiere/2008/07/02/tzd_00127-720-50002876-20080702_123105-320x240.jpg

the grey ones are podcasts that you haven't downloaded yet, and the black ones are ones that you have downloaded. my question is, after you download a podcast, is there a way to delete it so that it doesn't take up any space on your computer, however it will still be listed in grey in the list of podcasts? whenever i delete one, it just disappears from the list completely, it doesn't go back to grey. i want to clear up the space on my hard drive, but maybe i want to redownload it again later, is there any way to do that?

DeeJayZap
08-06-2010, 07:00 PM
have you tried just deleting the actual file itself, from outside itunes? maybe it would detect that the file is gone and assume it wasn't downloaded. i haven't tried this though, so it's just a guess. it might just put the "missing file" exclamation mark beside it...

Bob
08-06-2010, 07:08 PM
have you tried just deleting the actual file itself, from outside itunes? maybe it would detect that the file is gone and assume it wasn't downloaded. i haven't tried this though, so it's just a guess. it might just put the "missing file" exclamation mark beside it...

yeah i tried that, that's all it does, puts the exclamation mark. maybe if i restarted itunes it would go grey? i'll try that.

edit: didn't help

Documad
08-06-2010, 10:42 PM
I don't think you can do it, unless you delete all the podcasts from that show, and then resubscribe to the show via itunes. I did that once with a podcast that I really liked when I wanted to re-download a bunch of shows that i'd deleted a year or so before. But there's always the danger that they will no longer be available via itunes.