PDA

View Full Version : Champions League 10/11

Guy Incognito
08-25-2010, 02:39 PM
Might as well, I really hope spurs qualify tonight. I can think of some of you who dont!

They should do it but they have a knack for battering teams and not scoring. Heart says 3-0 spurs, gut feeling says 0-0 draw.

checkyourprez
08-25-2010, 04:38 PM
I like spurs and harry so I hope they make it.

Shame sampdoria didn't make it. Up 3-0 and gave up a goal in the 90th + 4. Then lost it in o.t.

The worst is that it was agianst a german team. The bundeslega is breathing down the serie A's throat for that 4th champions league spot.

roosta
08-25-2010, 06:08 PM
I hate spurs and harry.

But fuck it.

checkyourprez
08-25-2010, 11:44 PM
whoa whoa whoa buddy, who are you butt fuck'in?

Drederick Tatum
08-26-2010, 04:02 AM
Spurs are a joke of a club.

the Bundesliga seems to be the antithesis of Serie A. it's well run, profitable, and exciting.

roosta
08-26-2010, 03:22 PM
whoa whoa whoa buddy, who are you butt fuck'in?

No-one, i just hate spurs!

Nice draw for the Arsenal.

checkyourprez
08-28-2010, 11:51 AM
milan are going to rape in this edition of the champs league.

ibra made the move today, they only paid 30 mil. barca lost 40 mil on him in 1 year. milan are sick with the frugality. and it looks like robinho is heading there in january.

ibra, binho, dinho, pato. suck a diiiiiiiiick. best attack in the world. so many rapes.

Drederick Tatum
08-28-2010, 02:04 PM
stop saying rape so much. it's neither big nor clever.

Milan with the best attack in the world? well it's definitely apt that serially overrated Ibrahimovic will be playing with similarly overrated attacking players.

they should just keep playing Inzaghi. he's an annoying shit, but proven quality. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=praaIIVuI-0 get in.

checkyourprez
08-28-2010, 04:06 PM
stop saying rape so much. it's neither big nor clever.

Milan with the best attack in the world? well it's definitely apt that serially overrated Ibrahimovic will be playing with similarly overrated attacking players.

they should just keep playing Inzaghi. he's an annoying shit, but proven quality. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=praaIIVuI-0 get in.

if thats the goal in the gamper trophy game the other day that shit was sublime. one of the best finishes i've seen in a while.

and rapes are domination, aka milan forcefully taking games this year from the likes of wee tikes like arsenal.

Guy Incognito
09-14-2010, 04:50 PM
tough night at OT so far. rangers very hard to breakdown. spurs doing a jekyll and hyde. if they get a point thats a good result

redandwhiterob
09-14-2010, 05:04 PM
tough night at OT so far. rangers very hard to breakdown. spurs doing a jekyll and hyde. if they get a point thats a good result

Player for player MU are obviously miles better but if you get 10 hard working organised half decent players behind the ball its very hard to break down.

Hopefully we can do it against Arsenal on Saturday and hit them on the break;)

rirv
09-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Tottenham LOLspurs. Giving away a two goal lead. I hope they finish third in their group, then get knocked out of the Europa League.

paul jones
09-14-2010, 07:34 PM
I nearly fell asleep watching UTD v Rangers

Planetary
09-14-2010, 08:13 PM
the Bundesliga seems to be the antithesis of Serie A. it's well run, profitable, and exciting.

pretty much all you'd expect from the germans.

it's my fav foreign league

checkyourprez
09-14-2010, 11:14 PM
its alright, best of the second tier.

checkyourprez
09-15-2010, 05:56 PM
milan wins 2-0 today against auxerre.

kinda shaky until ibra got one in the 66th and then it was a wrap. ibra again 2 minutes later.

ronnie was doing some pure class things out there. just a joy to watch. i love him in a total no homo way. plays the game with more imagination than anyone on the planet.

rirv
09-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Ibrahmimovic is a massive tosser.

Evidence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaE4d3nAL0g

:confused:

Guy Incognito
09-15-2010, 06:37 PM
^ what the fuck did he do that for?

training scuffles. can only think of this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU1jMLVcjJY

Drederick Tatum
09-15-2010, 07:23 PM
yeah, let's not mention the game against newly promoted Cesena. Ibra with the sorry penalty.

Drederick Tatum
09-15-2010, 07:25 PM
anyway, Arsenal 6 Braga 0

Fabregas should be given the key to London or something equally ridiculous to make him stay past this season.

Freebasser
09-15-2010, 07:50 PM
^ what the fuck did he do that for?

training scuffles. can only think of this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU1jMLVcjJY

Hey, why keep it on the training ground, when you can make a spectacle of yourself infront of thousands?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFLeTm46CqQ

checkyourprez
09-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Ibrahmimovic is a massive tosser.

Evidence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaE4d3nAL0g

:confused:

yea im not sure what thats all about. dinho and seedorf seem to be laughing about it with him after. maybe something happened previously to that. or its just ibra being a dick, playing a "joke". i think its kind of a known fact he has a bit of an inflated ego. those type of guys tend to be a little bit of a prick.

yeah, let's not mention the game against newly promoted Cesena. Ibra with the sorry penalty.

a poor penalty no doubt. he'll make up for it many times over this year im sure.

anyway, Arsenal 6 Braga 0

Fabregas should be given the key to London or something equally ridiculous to make him stay past this season.

good luck with that...

roosta
09-16-2010, 05:48 AM
Fabregas was fantastic.

But who I was most impressed with was Jack Wilshere. 18-years old, just breaking into the side, and he's oozing with confidence. Players pass it to him, he sets up other players, not a bother to him. The wee flick for Chamakh was brilliant. Can't wait to see him grow as a player.

Chamakh is also impressing.

Arshavin continues to drive me mental. So much of the time he looks uninterested or fucks up passes, then he turns round and drops little bits of brilliance.

We got Carlos Vela-ela-ela-ela eh eh eh....

Junker
09-16-2010, 11:37 AM
Well done by the Gunners.
I think they'll do a very good CL this season. At least I'm hoping for.

And on Tuesday Barcelona just smashed the poor Panathinaikos with another brilliant exhibition from Messi.

Guy Incognito
09-16-2010, 12:53 PM
it pains me to say it but i think chelsea are going to win it this year. They havent really played anyone in PL or CL but i think ancelotti will make CL main target this year. some of those players are getting on a bit now.

Guy Incognito
12-17-2010, 01:29 PM
Well second round draw. Quite happy with Marseille. Arsenal got a toughie but the big dilemma for the gooners on here is do they cheer spurs on or listen to gobby giving it the large for AC.

Drederick Tatum
12-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Guardiola is apparently frightened of Arsenal. yeah the ascension of Wojciech Szczesny probably warrants that. Messi must be shaking in his little boots.

checkyourprez
12-17-2010, 11:01 PM
I am happy with the tottenham draw. I do worry their pace on the outsides can give us a llot of trouble tho. But tottenhams backline can be suspect especially with their injuries, I feel zlatan the beast can exploit them.

This is where arsenal need to step up if they want to claim to be a big squad ill leave it at that.

Inter v. Bayern should be interesting the second time as well. I'm glad there are not two shit teams paired ensuring one gets through to the final 8 like last year.

Guy Incognito
03-18-2011, 06:17 AM
right come on, quarter finals now, lets use the right bloody thread.

Inter Milan/Schalke 04 v CHELSEA/MAN UTD
Real Madrid/TOTTENHAM v Barcelona/Shakhtar Donetsk

happy to avoided barca side of draw but its going to be tough to get to final

some good ties though and potential real v barca semi.

checkyourprez
03-18-2011, 06:38 AM
chelsea lose that tie, especially to man u and thats carlo's job.

that game is really a toss up, i think a lot of it depends on if torres and drogba can start scoring. anelka is not beating man u himself. but then again man u is getting real suspect at some positions with the injuries. never thought highly of wes brown and if hes going to be your starting center back against a hot torres or drogba look out.

i think inter, barca, and real madrid should take their ties. however shaktar have proved to be a force at home and tottenham could give real problems with their pace outside. inter appear to have the easiest draw but you still never know at this stage.

Guy Incognito
03-18-2011, 08:34 AM
i think its wide open. i think over two legs the game v chelsea is going to be fascinating. the league game at stamford bridge was 2nd best game of season so hopefully it'll be more of same with a different result.

If berba features heavily we will win. bring hernandez on later when the defence is tired.

i reckon the winner will play schalke and it'll be el classico in the other semi.

Planetary
04-05-2011, 03:54 PM
fuuuuuuuuck!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8d2GPQtJFY&feature=player_embedded)

checkyourprez
04-05-2011, 07:05 PM
fuuuuuuuuck!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8d2GPQtJFY&feature=player_embedded)

i hate that fucking jabron. that is about as top notch as a goal as you will ever see in your life.

they still got smoked tho. leonardos system is the culprit. along with injuries at least. he plays the 3 men up top and doesn't give them defensive duties.

but ya not having samuel or lucio back there hurts. so does that dumbass chivu getting redcarded in his second consecutive game. happend against milan over the weekend as well.

looks like they are toast, they need to win 4-0. however they have a tiny chance. back in like 03 or 04 or something like that, milan had beaten deportevo 4-1 in the first leg, then went and lost 4-0 to lose the tie, in a year where they prob would have won the CL again.

looks like Real are well and truly through. i don't see tottenham winning 5-0.

tomos games should be interesting. probably man u will win, and barca. chelsea has a shot, shaktar a small shot.

Guy Incognito
04-06-2011, 12:23 AM
spurs are fucked, you cant play with 10 men for that long against real, dawson was brilliant but they were doomed. crouch was silly but he's a big reason why they were in the quarters.

that was a great goal by stankovic but i cant see inter getting thru, but they were out in the last round so you never know

checkyourprez
04-07-2011, 11:01 AM
chelsea got screwed out of a penalty at the end no doubt about it. classic fergie blowing the refs.

Guy Incognito
04-07-2011, 11:19 AM
chelsea got screwed out of a penalty at the end no doubt about it. classic fergie blowing the refs.

ancelotti said ref wasnt equipped to ref the game, nothing will happen to him i bet.

we have been shat on enough times at the bridge recently so fair do's. we were better side. wayne was magnificent. we have looked a different side since valencia came back form injury.

pity about the ban for wayne but he was always going to miss the fulham game i think. but i'll take a week of city fans giving the large then take great delight when we beat them without wayne(y)

Drederick Tatum
04-07-2011, 12:42 PM
yeah Valencia has seemingly inspired something in Man Utd's attack. last year Rooney had a lot of headed goals and Valencia's delivery probably had a lot to do with that. at the very least they have a good understanding. same with little Chicharito who looks a really good buy. if only Arsenal had someone who actually wanted to get into the 6 yard box.

i watched the whole Schalke-Inter game after giving up pretty quickly on Real-Spurs. amazing scenes all round. the German commentators were going pretty nuts in their German way.

Junker
04-11-2011, 07:00 AM
The upcoming semis would be interesting.

Real x Barça
Schalke x Man Utd

paul jones
04-11-2011, 02:09 PM
. classic fergie blowing the refs.

the refs hate fergie so that's not true

paul jones
04-11-2011, 02:22 PM
leonardos system is the culprit. along with injuries at least. he plays the 3 men up top and doesn't give them defensive duties.

exactly.It would have been ok to finish 2-2 after the first leg by being as defensive as they were under Mourinho like against Barca in last year's semi final.Inter could easy beat Schalke away by 1 goal but as it turns out Schalke are in total control for the second leg.

Freebasser
04-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Looking forward to tomorrow immensely!

It's the first time I've managed to get tickets to not only see us play Chelsea, but also for a match in the knock-out stages of the Champions League (the Group Stage is my bread and butter though).

*kisses One United membership card*

Fingers crossed for a good result :o

Guy Incognito
04-11-2011, 02:52 PM
i have been trying not to get excited but its getting very close now. I hope we do it, i think we can but they have a good recent record at OT so who the fuck knows. all the other ties look done so its odds on ours is a nail biter.

everything crossed

checkyourprez
04-12-2011, 03:34 PM
i didnt watch the games bc i was doing some hw but i read the match ratings.

torres should go see a sports psychologist or something. drogba is going to have to go after this season. seems they are incapable of playing together. and although drogba is clearly the better option at the moment he is older and he was just not bought for 50 mil. and i doubt he wants to sit on the bench to boot.

Guy Incognito
04-12-2011, 03:46 PM
they were a different side when drogba came on but they did have a extensive period of pressure and they did create and torres was definitely part of that but as a whole they havent been dynamic or quick enough in attack to scare us. We played well, Park was fantastic and Rooney was unbelievable, i lost count of the amount of ridiculous crossfield balls he was hitting. Class.

checkyourprez
04-14-2011, 09:09 PM
wow (http://www.whosay.com/CristianoRonaldo/photos/22190?ref=nf)

now come to milan.

;)

checkyourprez
05-28-2011, 06:48 PM
quite the display by barchelona.

Guy Incognito
05-29-2011, 01:44 AM
yeah no complaints really. Didnt keep the ball enough but we played well enough to make them step it up. world class.

my only whinge is that there are too many steps at wembley. Its not cool for the losing team, they should be emailed their runners up medals

checkyourprez
05-29-2011, 08:31 AM
Ya when they were celebrating up in the stands with it I was waiting for adibal to drop that down the stadium and smash some fans.

TAL
05-29-2011, 09:02 AM
Yay!

venusvenus123
05-29-2011, 11:45 AM
I watched the whole game with my dad, that's how good it was.

Messi is a total star. Brilliant team. Wow.

And I'm supposedly a Man U supporter. :p:rolleyes:;):):eek:

checkyourprez
05-30-2011, 09:43 AM
What's up with fergie dogging berba (again). He saved man u all year while wayne had his head up his ass and got repaid by getting benched. Then doesn't even get to make the bench for the CL final, while michael owen of all people makes the bench as the only forward sub. Smh.

Guy Incognito
05-30-2011, 01:06 PM
What's up with fergie dogging berba (again). He saved man u all year while wayne had his head up his ass and got repaid by getting benched. Then doesn't even get to make the bench for the CL final, while michael owen of all people makes the bench as the only forward sub. Smh.

methinks the three hatricks worth of chances he missed against blackpool spoke volumes. fergie had to go with his best front two. hernandez was quiet but berba would have been as well. Barca were too awesome in midfield.

And berbas never been great as a sub, he needs time to get into a game and owen is proven at scoring in big games. my only moan is that he put three midfielders on the bench (which caused the selection headache upfront) but then didnt replace any of the problems. I thought he should have took a risk with fletcher.

Junker
05-30-2011, 04:14 PM
Barça and Messi = unstoppable

checkyourprez
05-31-2011, 10:55 PM
methinks the three hatricks worth of chances he missed against blackpool spoke volumes. fergie had to go with his best front two. hernandez was quiet but berba would have been as well. Barca were too awesome in midfield.

And berbas never been great as a sub, he needs time to get into a game and owen is proven at scoring in big games. my only moan is that he put three midfielders on the bench (which caused the selection headache upfront) but then didnt replace any of the problems. I thought he should have took a risk with fletcher.

all players even great ones miss some chances. ya he doesnt run hard all the time. it gives the illusion he doesnt try hard/100%. maybe its the truth. but i still feel he gives much more possibilities than owen of all people. at least he could have held the ball up and gave them a second to try and get up the pitch to try and get something going. take a little pressure off the midfield, im sure they wouldn't have minded :rolleyes:.

i would think he will most likely leave. that is quite gut wrenching to not take place in a game like that, especially when you are fit and not suspended.

Guy Incognito
06-01-2011, 02:55 AM
all players even great ones miss some chances. ya he doesnt run hard all the time. it gives the illusion he doesnt try hard/100%. maybe its the truth. but i still feel he gives much more possibilities than owen of all people. at least he could have held the ball up and gave them a second to try and get up the pitch to try and get something going. take a little pressure off the midfield, im sure they wouldn't have minded :rolleyes:.

i would think he will most likely leave. that is quite gut wrenching to not take place in a game like that, especially when you are fit and not suspended.

dont get me wrong, i am pro berba, his work rate is much maligned and he has a fantastic touch but fact is that barca would have coped with him. Fergie tried to do something different. He felt hitting on break and quick balls up front was the way and the only logical replacement for hernandez and those tactics is Michael Owen. if he hadnt been at the trophy parade on monday i might have agreed with you but i dont think he's going anywhere

checkyourprez
06-01-2011, 02:47 PM
dont get me wrong, i am pro berba, his work rate is much maligned and he has a fantastic touch but fact is that barca would have coped with him. Fergie tried to do something different. He felt hitting on break and quick balls up front was the way and the only logical replacement for hernandez and those tactics is Michael Owen. if he hadnt been at the trophy parade on monday i might have agreed with you but i dont think he's going anywhere

i just dont think hes going to be content at untied any more. hes still in his prime. towards the end in my opinion. but he relies much more on skill and intelligence than physicality, those players usually last longer anyway, i would assume hes got a few good years left in him. wayne and chicarito are both considerably younger than him, i dont see him as someone who wants to warm the bench.

i did read today he would actually be willing to go back to spurs. would be interesting. imagine if spurs had robbie kean and berba firing on all cylinders like they did a couple years ago...

Guy Incognito
06-01-2011, 03:18 PM
maybe you have a point but i think you are underestimating fergie, if he wants to keep him then he will but there is talk of him being the makeweight in a modric deal. our midfield is more of a pressing issue really.

he was PL top scorer and his second league title. i think if its left up to him, he'll give it one more season. But not sure it will be.

checkyourprez
06-01-2011, 08:30 PM
maybe you have a point but i think you are underestimating fergie, if he wants to keep him then he will but there is talk of him being the makeweight in a modric deal. our midfield is more of a pressing issue really.

he was PL top scorer and his second league title. i think if its left up to him, he'll give it one more season. But not sure it will be.

that would be fantastic for you guys. i think if they had the chance they should do it. they need some creativity in the middle of the part with scholes gone and giggs another year older. fletcher and carrick both decent players but not near modrics level.

checkyourprez
06-01-2011, 08:33 PM
maybe actually, this is pure speculation being as i just read that fergie (still) wants sneijder. (another perfect fit imo) use berba in a deal with inter. milito looks to have gone from a top 5 striker in the world to a bum in the matter of a year. i dont think that is necessarily the case, but they can't really take the chance.

checkyourprez
02-20-2013, 08:52 PM
FUCKING FORZA A FUCKING C MOTHER FUCKING MILAN

Guy Incognito
02-21-2013, 01:14 AM
threads two years old luv.

anyhoo, very impressed with your lot last night. hope you knock the buggers out . They deserve to go out on the strength of that away kit. Jesus, my eyes.

Anyway should make competition wide open for united to win it:D

Guy Incognito
03-05-2013, 04:09 PM
Bag of shite. How to ruin a perfectly good contest.com. If we had got beat fair and square i would be ok but i am just upset that its decided with such an unbelievably poor fucking decision.

checkyourprez
03-05-2013, 09:36 PM
threads two years old luv.

anyhoo, very impressed with your lot last night. hope you knock the buggers out . They deserve to go out on the strength of that away kit. Jesus, my eyes.

Anyway should make competition wide open for united to win it:D

yeah i saw that, i thought it was a bit late in the competition to start a new one ya know.

ya jinxed em...

Bag of shite. How to ruin a perfectly good contest.com. If we had got beat fair and square i would be ok but i am just upset that its decided with such an unbelievably poor fucking decision.

and thats some unluck with united. poor call on nani. modrics goal was fantastic though for a real football fan. he did about 6 one-twos with different guys before ripping that shot.

jose playing nice after the game to pacify the united fans and club so he can take over in a year or two.

Guy Incognito
03-07-2013, 01:15 AM
yeah i saw that, i thought it was a bit late in the competition to start a new one ya know.

ya jinxed em...

and thats some unluck with united. poor call on nani. modrics goal was fantastic though for a real football fan. he did about 6 one-twos with different guys before ripping that shot.

jose playing nice after the game to pacify the united fans and club so he can take over in a year or two.

yeah, Real still had a lot of work to do to win and were very gracious in victory. The mourinho thing is getting a bit unsettling to be honest. Fergies not gone anywhere yet. And i always get worried about things that everyone is sure are going to happen. I'd love mourinho at united but i dont think he should be so open about it.

checkyourprez
03-07-2013, 08:58 PM
yeah, Real still had a lot of work to do to win and were very gracious in victory. The mourinho thing is getting a bit unsettling to be honest. Fergies not gone anywhere yet. And i always get worried about things that everyone is sure are going to happen. I'd love mourinho at united but i dont think he should be so open about it.

yeah he really is practically throwing himself at united for that job. he really does seem like the most logical replacement but yeah at least wait until fergies off the seat.

Guy Incognito
03-08-2013, 12:23 PM
dont get me wrong i love mourinho, he's a top geezer but i'm not sure how much continuity we will get if he took over. Top managers like to do things their way and i would be worried he'd change too much