PDA

View Full Version : Check Your Head Gets Mad Praise!!

JoLovesMCA
08-30-2010, 08:08 PM
Just thought I would share this new review on the album "Check Your Head". The writer reveals how he only recently discovered the album and how he thinks it's their best album to date! I love what he says but it also makes me wonder how many more people haven't discovered it and/or other Beastie albums. So a whole generation could be missing out on these gems we all take for granted!

Whether you disagree or not I thought it was the nicest and sweetest stuff they could say to pay homage to them and their talents!! (y)

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/08/30/wait-youve-never-heard-beastie-boys-check-your-head/

eddiecee
08-30-2010, 09:32 PM
hah, it's sad, all they're known for is lti. a lot of people are missing out. and i love how the writer calls Check Your Head an elusive record (y)

cj hood
08-30-2010, 09:36 PM
Adrock wanted to call CYH 'Smurfin'...the reason it was named CYH cuz there was a pic of some peeps they didn't like hung up in GSon
and they kept putting check marks on their heads

Brother McDuff
08-30-2010, 11:54 PM
Adrock wanted to call CYH 'Smurfin'...the reason it was named CYH cuz there was a pic of some peeps they didn't like hung up in GSon
and they kept putting check marks on their heads

haha, nice factoid. never knew that. (y)

JoLovesMCA
08-31-2010, 01:23 AM
hah, it's sad, all they're known for is lti. a lot of people are missing out. and i love how the writer calls Check Your Head an elusive record (y)

Yeah I agree. Most of my friends only know LTI and I always go out of my way to play their other music. I've made fans out of many people who absolutely love the Hello Nasty and CYH albums.. I think once HSC comes out it will really help the new generation of Hip Hop fans re-discover them. I really believe it will happen. :)

mikizee
08-31-2010, 06:37 AM
If it ever DOES come out :(

Ty Webb
08-31-2010, 12:28 PM
uninteresting read. poor writing skills. great album.

camo
09-01-2010, 06:41 PM
^ Yeah but

'but it’ll definitely make you realize that the Beastie Boys were important, are important, and will go down in history as one of hip-hop and punk’s most significant acts.'

I believe that.

JoLovesMCA
09-01-2010, 07:47 PM
^ Yeah but

'but it’ll definitely make you realize that the Beastie Boys were important, are important, and will go down in history as one of hip-hop and punk’s most significant acts.'

I believe that.

Yeah I agree. I don't mind who it is writing it or how well it's done. It just makes me super happy every time I read or hear about other people outside of the fandom praising them in such a way. (y)

cypressphil
09-04-2010, 05:35 AM
So glad they didnt call CYH 'Smurfin'. Would not have suited the album at all!