PDA

View Full Version : cat dumped in wheelie bin

venusvenus123
09-20-2010, 02:17 PM
What no thread has been posted about this yet?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/aug/25/mary-bale-lola-cat-wheelie-bin
It's so weird how she seems to pet it gently, then just decides to dump it quite carefully in the bin...

She is appearing in court next month. What does everyone reckon her punishment will be? Wonder if she'll get prison or community service.

Freebasser
09-20-2010, 02:39 PM
http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=95178&highlight=cat

kaiser soze
09-20-2010, 02:49 PM
http://beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?p=1743213#post1743213

venusvenus123
09-20-2010, 05:22 PM
ah, thank you, my friendly research assistants. (y):)(y)

....so, what do you think her punishment shall or should be?

kaiser soze
09-20-2010, 06:01 PM
cat scratch fever and fleas for infinity

she sucks

Adam
09-21-2010, 03:10 AM
I think her punishment should be a total over reaction from the web community. With lots of hate directed at her so it keeps a large proportion of the community distracted from any real issues that might be going off.

Guy Incognito
09-21-2010, 03:37 AM
I think her punishment should be a total over reaction from the web community. With lots of hate directed at her so it keeps a large proportion of the community distracted from any real issues that might be going off.

:D(y)

Freebasser
09-21-2010, 04:39 AM
Yes indeed.

Who needs to send aid to Pakistan when we can lynch cat molesters? (y)

venusvenus123
09-21-2010, 05:25 AM
haha.

I think we should cover her in poo and roll her around a big tray of cat litter. Then we should roll her down the hill and chase her with big sticks.

kaiser soze
09-21-2010, 09:32 AM

how politically correct of you - I dare you to post this comment at 4chan

I think she should eat cat litter for a week

dirty cat litter

checkyourprez
09-21-2010, 11:04 AM
cats are wack. she should get a medal.

jabumbo
09-21-2010, 01:23 PM
wait...

something bad is happening in packistan?

b i o n i c
09-21-2010, 01:28 PM
if this were a baby or some sorta small hatchling nobody would blink.. trow a cat in a bin and everyone goes batshit

fuckin people

Adam
09-21-2010, 01:44 PM
how politically correct of you - I dare you to post this comment at 4chan

I think she should eat cat litter for a week

dirty cat litter

I posted a similar comment saying "get over it" type of thing on the guardian website with the original story (not check this link) and yes people went crazy, not at me but just at the general story.

I smirked when I saw the video but I did think it was out of hand. But the reaction since has been more out of hand. I mean, its a cat, its resourceful, worse case scenario is it being emptied into a refuge truck. I don't think it'd of got that far as cats are so whiny that some1 would of noticed or it would of jumped out at the last minute when the bin was emptied like the fuckers do when you're sat in the dark or whenever you least expect it.

Echewta
09-21-2010, 05:18 PM
One crime shouldn't get attention because there are worse crimes out there? One lifes misery isn't as imporant as a groups?

Freebasser
09-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Of course this deserves some attention, and funnily enough the woman is being sentenced later this month. That should be the end of it, but the fact the woman is receiving death threats for putting a cat in a bin shows what happens when the internet (specifically Facebook) is opened up to every Daily Mail reader on the planet. Just in case you hadn't noticed, there are far worse crimes that are far more worthy of mailing out death threats for.

It goes in this order for future reference:

Holocaust > School Shooting > Rape > Child Killing > Murder > Hit and Run > Racism > Sexism > Ageism > Public Nudity > Purse Stealing > Releasing a bad second album > Shagging someone's girlfriend live on Big Brother > Being Foreign > Starting argument at a Taxi Rank > Being ugly > Having ginger hair > etc. etc. etc. > Putting a dog in a bin > Putting a cat in a bin

Echewta
09-21-2010, 05:36 PM
your post is invalid since I have no idea what a taxi rank is. Is it a way to judge taxi companies or is it refereing to a certain smell?

Freebasser
09-21-2010, 05:39 PM
A place where taxis queue up for people to get in after getting mashed off their faces in their local pisshole nightclub, where they broke a woman's nose because she was looking at their pint (also a crime worthy of death).

Echewta
09-21-2010, 06:04 PM
I see. Even more confussing, a wheelie is something you pop on a bicycle or a muscle car and a bin is something you put your veggies in the fridge.

Freebasser
09-21-2010, 06:10 PM
Where's the bin?

For a jog.

No, where's the wheelie bin.

Manchester.

Planetary
09-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Where's the bin?

For a jog.

Manchester.

mhmm, mmhmm.

Adam
09-22-2010, 02:47 AM
One crime shouldn't get attention because there are worse crimes out there? One lifes misery isn't as imporant as a groups?

Its not that. There are many people in media spending far too much time on this, its lazy journalism. They have degrees, they are smart people, they have resources to make a real story on the meat industry and whip people into a panic about the far worst cruelty that happens 1000s of times over every day on farms and abattoirs where cameras can't reach - if they really wanted a animal cruelty story. But fuck that, there's a furry thing that could of been harmed, but wasn't, but think of the worse case scenario that didn't happen - HOLD THE FRONT PAGE!

Its a nothing story. Even I and many millions of people who really don't care get dragged into it, and that is the real crime is my point.

venusvenus123
09-22-2010, 04:03 AM
I think that the most important thing about this story is that it has brought us all back together to have a good old mb discussion.

Guy Incognito
09-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Where's the bin?

For a jog.

Manchester.

reminds me of the joke about the wigan aerobics class but i cant do it on here cos its a sight gag

Guy Incognito
09-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Its not that. There are many people in media spending far too much time on this, its lazy journalism. They have degrees, they are smart people, they have resources to make a real story on the meat industry and whip people into a panic about the far worst cruelty that happens 1000s of times over every day on farms and abattoirs where cameras can't reach - if they really wanted a animal cruelty story. But fuck that, there's a furry thing that could of been harmed, but wasn't, but think of the worse case scenario that didn't happen - HOLD THE FRONT PAGE!

Its a nothing story. Even I and many millions of people who really don't care get dragged into it, and that is the real crime is my point.

adam, i do see your point but writing about some the "heavy" stuff, for want of a better phrase is not going to sell papers. i dont think it is lazy journalism really, its more marketing. Cat dumped in wheelie bin is going to catch more eyes and sell more papers than "the earth is dying slowly ..still" or "another soldier killed in helmand province". Its a sad fact i'm afraid. they have a business to run and they are going to go with the product that they think is going to make the most profit and unfortunately that means sensationalism. I could say more but its time to put my kids to bed now

Adam
09-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Yeah, I get that.

There is a medium for everyone tho. The link was the guardian. A paper I've been buying for over 15 years, a website I've been reading since launch. It used to be fairly serious, left wing, the type of things I want to hear about. Last few years its a tabloid. I used to avoid tabloids as I have no time for papers like that. So that is where the money is, still doesn't make it right for its core values.

The Times is still there. They've set up a paywall now so I don't visit, maybe I should pay for it as its still got its values while avoiding the sensationalisation of minor cat cruelty. Maybe it didn't tho. Meh, you're right, I'll shaddup my moaning.

BURN HER!