PDA

View Full Version : telling people the truth

Dorothy Wood
09-21-2010, 12:52 PM
a girl i know has a website where she interviews people and writes about art. her ideas are decent, but her writing is terrible...just awful. typos and misused grammar, all dotted with 50 cent words that are only in there to make things seem more fancy. even on facebook, when she links to her site, there's invariably a typo in the announcement.

beyond that, whenever she gets rejected for a writing job or a grant, she moans about it in her fb status and everyone runs over to comfort her.

but honestly, i think what would be best is for someone to tell her the truth. i have no idea how to go about something like that.

anonymous postcard?

paul jones
09-21-2010, 01:05 PM
anonymous postcard?

yes(y)

b i o n i c
09-21-2010, 01:07 PM
toughie. if youre not anonymous they will think you just hate them and if you are they will think youre an asshole.

the answer is to paint a few giant red letters on her front door and tell em whats on your mind

jabumbo
09-21-2010, 01:28 PM
genie knows all (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo3RvZSPwGU)

just do it, woman.

ps: you suck bionic

b i o n i c
09-21-2010, 01:37 PM
:mad: when did jabumbo get all edgy :rolleyes:

the answer is tell her know what you think and write back about it here.

or just dont say nuttin

MC Moot
09-21-2010, 01:48 PM
D Wood...resident grammar slammar and punctuation prowler...there is nothing wrong with dots...they represent pause in thought...:rolleyes:

TurdBerglar
09-21-2010, 01:51 PM
i bet if she were a dude no one would hesitate to tell her that she sucked

Turchinator
09-21-2010, 02:22 PM
yeah, just be honest. tell her you like her ideas but she NEEDS AN EDITOR

Dorothy Wood
09-21-2010, 02:37 PM
i bet if she were a dude no one would hesitate to tell her that she sucked

maybe...are people telling dudes they suck all the time? i feel like plenty of men and women go through life thinking they're awesome when they actually suck. and nobody says anything

checkyourprez
09-21-2010, 02:43 PM
people that suck and go through life thinking they are awesome bother me.

TurdBerglar
09-21-2010, 02:47 PM
no one tells females when the suck or are doing something stupid so they just keep doing it.

guys constantly let each other know when they're doing something sucky.

Dorothy Wood
09-21-2010, 03:00 PM
i'm always telling everyone they suck. or at least saying, hey, you're not so good at this...please stop, and do something else.

TurdBerglar
09-21-2010, 03:02 PM
do people think you're an asshole? especially females.

people think im an asshole too. but they seem to appreciate it.

the females don't seem to appreciate it so much.

checkyourprez
09-21-2010, 03:12 PM
because most woman are illogical unreasonable creatures. instead of hearing what your are saying and actually thinking hmm he may have a point here, they just think what an asshole, and continue to act clueless.

TurdBerglar
09-21-2010, 03:16 PM
it's not their fault that they're illogical and unreasonable.

they're treated differently from teh very beginning and are taught to be unreasonable and illogical.

b i o n i c
09-21-2010, 03:59 PM
i see many many daughters in turd's future (y)

Bob
09-21-2010, 04:01 PM
yeah women are pretty dense on the whole

present company excluded of course (they're so dense they won't notice that i'm lying AM I RIGHT BROS HI FIVE)

Dorothy Wood
09-21-2010, 04:01 PM
do people think you're an asshole? especially females.

people think im an asshole too. but they seem to appreciate it.

the females don't seem to appreciate it so much.

i think some people think i'm an asshole, and recently i learned that some people think i'm "mean". but that's just because i'm in a position of authority in this group i belong to, and i don't sugar coat things. but my real friends like me and appreciate my honesty (i hope?)

my boyfriend's been recording an album this summer and i'm pretty harsh in my criticism of it, but after he stops crying, he says he's happy i'm not afraid to say what i think.

it's not like i go around telling everybody what to do all the time...well, at work i have to because i'm the manager...but my coworkers know what i expect from them by this point and i'm not into micro-managing.

anyway, my parents were pretty tough on me growing up, they wanted me to be considerate, resiliant and practical. they weren't mean, just kinda like "hey, don't be a fuck up". my mom likes to say, "engage your brain" when someone's doing something stupid.

Dorothy Wood
09-21-2010, 04:08 PM
well bob, i think what turd's saying here is kinda true:

it's not their fault that they're illogical and unreasonable.

they're treated differently from teh very beginning and are taught to be unreasonable and illogical.

a lot of women are taught from a young age to revolve their lives around being pretty and getting a man.

which is dumb, i got a man bybeing a tom boy spaz.

ms.peachy
09-21-2010, 04:28 PM
no one tells females when the suck or are doing something stupid

Yeah, clearly you haven't seen many of the parenting boards. It can get nasty out there in Momland.

Echewta
09-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Apparently Dorothy hasn't been watching this seasons episode of the Jersey Shore and the "letter."

TurdBerglar
09-21-2010, 10:38 PM
well bob, i think what turd's saying here is kinda true:

a lot of women are taught from a young age to revolve their lives around being pretty and getting a man.

which is dumb, i got a man bybeing a tom boy spaz.

exactly.

a lot of people think im sexist.

how the fuck can i be sexist when i hold females to the same standards i hold males to.

that's the complete opposite of sexist.

females are so use to getting free passes at certain things it spoils them and that irretates me because it makes that individual person kinda useless. but since society does it as a whole it's considered the norm and that makes me the weirdo so that makes ME the sexist.

mikizee
09-22-2010, 12:37 AM
YOU SEXIST PRICK