PDA

View Full Version : I know what I'm doing now

ericlee
09-29-2010, 10:53 PM
Things are moving along great as of lately. For the most part, the wife and I have created a strong understanding of each other and we have realized that we need to get through this as a team. We haven't been at each other's throats for quite some time now and I'm sure the hardest parts are over now. For the main, there was a cultural difference and we worked that out.

Because of all of the hard work we have put into our relationship, I am curretly sitting in my backyard of our new house. I'm enjoying the night and sipping on some brews. I would be sitting in my basement but we have to wait for the work crew to come and redo the floor.

Our main floor had carpets and we tore them off so it's all hardwood and we put a few coats of varnish down so we have to wait for the fumes to clear and the floors to dry. We're currently living on the second floor and this weekend, the basement should be finished and our floor would be ready to move into. Once we move in, we will start finding tentants to rent the second floor out to.

Being a homeowner is probably one of the best feelings I have ever felt. I found many things I could do for improvements and this is also a start of a new hobby for both of us.

Only bad part about where I live now is that it's real close to the airport so, during all hours, there's jets flying very low over us. Either taking off or landing. It's a little loud but I'll get used to it. Every house I lived in as I grew up was right next to a set of train tracks and I got used to that.

Also, I finally got my dream car. A 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4 door with the hard top. It had only 8 miles on it when I drove it off the lot. We put half down on it and we'll pay it completely off in 6 months.

checkyourprez
09-29-2010, 11:22 PM
Things are moving along great as of lately. For the most part, the wife and I have created a strong understanding of each other and we have realized that we need to get through this as a team. We haven't been at each other's throats for quite some time now and I'm sure the hardest parts are over now. For the main, there was a cultural difference and we worked that out.

Because of all of the hard work we have put into our relationship, I am curretly sitting in my backyard of our new house. I'm enjoying the night and sipping on some brews. I would be sitting in my basement but we have to wait for the work crew to come and redo the floor.

Our main floor had carpets and we tore them off so it's all hardwood and we put a few coats of varnish down so we have to wait for the fumes to clear and the floors to dry. We're currently living on the second floor and this weekend, the basement should be finished and our floor would be ready to move into. Once we move in, we will start finding tentants to rent the second floor out to.

Being a homeowner is probably one of the best feelings I have ever felt. I found many things I could do for improvements and this is also a start of a new hobby for both of us.

Only bad part about where I live now is that it's real close to the airport so, during all hours, there's jets flying very low over us. Either taking off or landing. It's a little loud but I'll get used to it. Every house I lived in as I grew up was right next to a set of train tracks and I got used to that.

Also, I finally got my dream car. A 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4 door with the hard top. It had only 8 miles on it when I drove it off the lot. We put half down on it and we'll pay it completely off in 6 months.

quite the payment plan.

ericlee
09-29-2010, 11:56 PM
quite the payment plan.

We were going to just buy it outright but they kinda lured us into their scheme of us having good credit but no "established" credit. Basically they're just saying, "let us make some money from the interest first." We decided we'll give them 6 months and just buy it.

Having a mortgage is already establishing enough credit, we know how to play the game.

The thing that cracks me up is that we're paying a mortgage on a $505,000 house with an interest rate of 4.75 and yet for a $31,000 vehicle, our rate is 7.52.

mikizee
09-30-2010, 12:32 AM
Those Wranglers are good looking cars. I'd like one.

ericlee
09-30-2010, 12:49 AM
Those Wranglers are good looking cars. I'd like one.

Man, this fucker is screaming for me to find a nice muddy road for me to take it to. It gets up and goes on these streets and there's plenty of places where there is pot holes and bumps and I don't even have to slow down to go over them. I can't wait to see some snow so I can lock it into 4wd.

Edit: perhaps I should have said dream jeep or truck but everyone fantasizes about having a dream 'car.'