PDA

View Full Version : Hot [sauce] news!

Taco Zip
10-25-2010, 01:36 AM
Hot [sauce] news!

BEASTIE BOYS HOT SAUCE COMMITTEE PART 2 TRACK LISTING REVISED, REPLACED ENTIRELY WITH SONGS ORIGINALLY RECORDED FOR HOT SAUCE COMMITTEE PART 1

In what can only be described as a bizarre coincidence, following an exhaustive re-sequence marathon, Beastie Boys have verified that their new Hot Sauce Committee Part 2 will be comprised of the same 16 tracks originally slated for inclusion on Hot Sauce Committee Part 1. The record (part 2 that is) will be released as planned in spring 2011 on Capitol.

The tracks originally recorded for Hot Sauce Committee Part 2 (which now are actually back on Part 1) have now apparently been bumped to make room for the former Hot Sauce Committee Part 1 material. Wait, what?

"I know it's weird and confusing, but at least we can say unequivocally that Hot Sauce Committee Part 2 is coming out on time, which is more than I can say about Part 1, and really is all that matters in the end." says Adam "MCA" Yauch. "We just kept working and working on various sequences for part 2, and after a year and half of spending days on end in the sequencing room trying out every possible combination, it finally became clear that this was the only way to make it work. Strange but true, the final sequence for Hot Sauce Committee Part 2 works best with all its songs replaced by the 16 tracks we originally had lined up in pretty much the same order we had them in for Hot Sauce Committee Part 1. So we've come full circle."

Hot Sauce Committee Part 2 marks Yauch, Mike "Mike D" Diamond, and Adam "Ad Rock" Horovitz's first full length effort since 2007's Grammy winning all-instrumental The Mix-Up. The new track listing of the album is now as follows:

1. Tadlock's Glasses
2. B-Boys In The Cut
3. Make Some Noise
4. Nonstop Disco Powerpack
5. OK
6. Too Many Rappers (featuring NAS)
7. Say It
8. The Bill Harper Collection
9. Don't Play No Game That I Can't Win (featuring Santigold)
10. Long Burn The Fire
11. Funky Donkey
12. Lee Majors Come Again
13. Multilateral Nuclear Disarmament
14. Pop Your Balloon
15. Crazy Ass Shit
16. Here's A Little Something For Ya

Can't wait until the album and tour dates drop!

alikat
10-25-2010, 01:43 AM
Hi all, I have not been on here in ages! But this is pulling me back.

So... what is the deal with releasing part 2 before part 1? I'm guessing it's basically a Capitol records thing (like, fine, you want the second album on time we will release it -- and ps it will be our first)?

No idea, but if they've found a "sequencing room" loophole in their contract I love it.

Nerd Fight
10-25-2010, 02:40 AM
Funny :D
Awesome :cool:

Yauch must be feeling better
And we have a new Beastie Boys album to look forward to (y)

gbsuey
10-25-2010, 03:59 AM
Ooooh so good to finally get some news-Yauch must be feeling good and they're ready to get moving again.(y) And changes to the site too. I can manage without a daily bbmb fix, but it was here i tried to come first as soon as i got the email...and no site!! I could hear the cries of "noooooooo" from all you daily posters!! ;)

PWN productions
10-25-2010, 04:29 AM
I'm confused.... :confused:

Laver1969
10-25-2010, 04:46 AM
No idea, but if they've found a "sequencing room" loophole in their contract I love it.

They use Adrock's bedazzler in the sequencing room.

cj hood
10-25-2010, 05:33 AM
i'm assuming they're going to promote HSC2 like they were part1...ie...tour and the like?@???A??Q!

JasonP
10-25-2010, 05:41 AM
i'm assuming they're going to promote HSC2 like they were part1...ie...tour and the like?@???A??Q!

So does this mean there will be a part 3? Can you have a trilogy without there being a part uno? Hopefully we will find out!

Ari-Matti
10-25-2010, 06:35 AM
So, no Bundt Cake?

Kid Presentable
10-25-2010, 06:38 AM
Hmmm. I was excited about a full album of new, unheard stuff. I guess they're putting it through a Merv Griffin-style retooling with Phil boy though.

If memory serves, I think Bundt Cake was a skit?

MixMasterMikeD
10-25-2010, 06:51 AM
As long as Yauch is feeling better and they're doing some live shows to promote the album, then I'm psyched.:)

Ari-Matti
10-25-2010, 06:57 AM

cj hood
10-25-2010, 06:59 AM
October 25, 2010 at 7:38am Share
Welcome Back
by adamhorovitzWelcome Back
ok.. so…

we know our website has been kinda sucky for a while now…

well..actually you wouldn’t, or rather we wouldn’t know.. i mean…

none of us, you or we, i mean us, have even really looked at it for a while.

it’s been sort of just hung out there to dry. it was kinda depressing.

the band “news” was old, tour dates were from i don’t even remember,

gossip was boring to non-existant. BUT WE ARE BACK !

with a new site, new attitude, and a fresh crisp look for the fall season.

a lot of clean lines and bold patterns.

muted prints and wedge boots are out this season,

break out the corduroy grunge is back.

listen…

we got all types of new and improved shit going down,

geared to flip your wig and split your dome piece.

shit iz rreeaaallll !

you’re welcome.

lotz of lovez,

adam,adam,and mike

oh, and p.s.

since publication of this, grunge is out and has been replaced by

psychobilly. (don’t get rid of those creepers just yet)

more to come….

FunkyDonkey28
10-25-2010, 07:22 AM
Love the news and updates, the site, love every word that I just read. Most off, this news is even better knowing/assuming Yauch is feeling better considering all the progress made in the last week.

Great way to start the week.

redandwhiterob
10-25-2010, 07:51 AM
Hopefully they hit the UK sometime next year(y)

JDsmagik
10-25-2010, 08:18 AM
So, 1 is done but 2 was due but now 2 is 1

destructo
10-25-2010, 08:28 AM
I knew it.

The local radio station (93.3) reported the first email about HSC2 coming out this spring. They were all serious and sad about part one being on indefinite hold.

Anyone else fall the joke?

dave790
10-25-2010, 08:50 AM
I think it's hilarious! And very Beastie Boys.

laura
10-25-2010, 09:00 AM
so hot! :p
great!! cant wait! :cool:

laurie_hammy
10-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Best news ever. CAN NOT WAIT to the day of listening to these new unheard rhymes for the first time, gonna be crazy.

M|X|Y
10-25-2010, 09:44 AM
WORD TO YOUR MOM, THEY CAME TO DROP BOMBS (y)

FunkyDonkey28
10-25-2010, 09:55 AM
I agree with Dave790. I read the email twice and thought the same thing, very beastie boys...All last week I felt that something was up and that the songs for Pt.1 weren't going to be forgotten about...

JoLovesMCA
10-25-2010, 09:57 AM
Saving up now for the tour for this album!!! I am sooo happy! Thank GOD the track list looks great and I love the messages from the band!!:D

RichieT.
10-25-2010, 10:17 AM
Best.News.Ever.

Brother McDuff
10-25-2010, 10:51 AM
:)

Guy Incognito
10-25-2010, 12:13 PM
i thought i understood the joke all last week thinking it was very clever and very them but now having read the first post here i am a bit confused. I have took that they have tweaked and buggered about with the same songs. Is that the impression you lot get?

BeastieRunner
10-25-2010, 12:14 PM
I think it's hilarious! And very Beastie Boys.

Amen.

I have learned over the years to wait for the joke. :cool:

Well played, BBoys, well played.

Guy Incognito
10-25-2010, 12:30 PM
I sense 3 skits on there but i could be (probably am) wrong.

nonstop disco
bill harper collection
nuclear disarmament

what do you reckon?

romanpetr
10-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Great news! (y)
But spring is long,whole 3 months....:eek: Any ideas or offers for the date of release? ....
1 march is the best day for that - first day of spring, first day of warm and something else...for me:D
I 'm wait it with impatience!!!!

alikat
10-25-2010, 01:34 PM
i thought i understood the joke all last week thinking it was very clever and very them but now having read the first post here i am a bit confused. I have took that they have tweaked and buggered about with the same songs. Is that the impression you lot get?

Yeah, so . . . now that I have slept on it . . . I think you/we were right the first time and all this tweaking / buggering is just more of that same general joke. It's the same album, just now called part 2 for the sheer hell of it. (Right? Maybe? Ah, whatever, yay new album...)

JoLovesMCA
10-25-2010, 01:36 PM
March would be amazing. It's my birthday month. Would love to have some new BB material by then. Don't know really what is up their sleeves but I don't care whatever it is it least they are communicationg with the fans again! :D

acamus
10-25-2010, 02:04 PM
It's all a shell game. Three card monty, i tell ya.

jennyb
10-25-2010, 02:09 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*EXHALE*

stipemanblue
10-25-2010, 02:15 PM
I am so looking forward to Hot Sauce Committee Part 2. Something I have to say is:

PLEASE STILL USE THE COVER THAT"S ALL OVER THE INTERNET WITH YOU GUYS GOING UP OR DOWN THE ESCALATOR. ONE OF THE BEST ALBUM PAINTINGS OF ALL TIME!

Jiberish
10-25-2010, 02:16 PM
I am so looking forward to Hot Sauce Committee Part 2. Something I have to say is:

PLEASE STILL USE THE COVER THAT"S ALL OVER THE INTERNET WITH YOU GUYS GOING UP OR DOWN THE ESCALATOR. ONE OF THE BEST ALBUM PAINTINGS OF ALL TIME!

I concur!

stipemanblue
10-25-2010, 04:22 PM
Paintings are the best thing anybody can do for their album cover.

I hope if not on Part 2, they still use the escalator painting for Part 1. Maybe they'll use the same painting for both. Wouldn't bother me at all although maybe we want two different painted covers? It's the best album cover they've ever used and one of the best album covers I've ever seen.

The title itself just rocks. It's so good and when an artist tells you in advance there will be a part 1 and 2 it reminds me of a great double album. It reminds me of when Back to the Future Part 2 came out, there was already a notice at the end that said, "To Be Concluded" and there was a preview of part 3.

The Beastie Boys rule!

Kid Presentable
10-25-2010, 04:57 PM
hmmm

stipemanblue
10-25-2010, 05:17 PM
The other thing I really like about Hot Sauce Committee Part 1 and 2 is that because those guys are mixing up the order they are released, probably by the time both albums come out, Lord willing, it will be like there is not really a beginning and ending. It could almost be like the two are interchangeable and who can really say what's part one or part two so is there really an ending to experience?(that might be a good thing) I would probably listen to part 2 when it comes out. Then, if and when part 1 comes out I would listen to that before part 2.

Hot Sauce Committee could end up being their White Album. Really excited.

Rodie
10-25-2010, 06:44 PM

I agree!!!!! Probably my favorite album cover yet!

pm0ney
10-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Ha, well played boys!

BoggleKing
10-25-2010, 07:20 PM
good news, glad to see things are progressing.

JoLovesMCA
10-25-2010, 07:43 PM
Yauch also said this to Billboard Magazine......

"I know it's weird and confusing," said Beastie member Adam "MCA" Yauch in a statement, "but at least we can say unequivocally that Hot Sauce Committee Part 2 is coming out on time, which is more than I can say about Part 1, and really is all that matters in the end."

http://www.billboard.com/news/beastie-boys-reveal-hot-sauce-committee-1004124077.story

Taco Zip
10-26-2010, 12:28 AM
The releasedate also has some great festival-season timing. I'm expecting them to do some festivals in Europe in summer 2011!

Nicodemus
10-26-2010, 12:33 AM
The cover is a parody of an old Billy Ocean album.

Somebody post the link. I'm tired.

Kid Presentable
10-26-2010, 01:55 AM
Hopefully the next announcement is about it being a true double album. One can hope. (y)

M|X|Y
10-26-2010, 02:06 AM
^ I'm catchin that whiff... I'm smellin that...

Nerd Fight
10-26-2010, 03:01 AM
The cover is a parody of an old Billy Ocean album.

Somebody post the link. I'm tired.

Done (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_KqndcpjQSek/SOeYeE_OmcI/AAAAAAAAI_U/Q1cJZ-JJJa4/s400/BILLY_OCEAN_SUDDENLY.jpg).
What?

Sir SkratchaLot
10-26-2010, 06:24 AM
Is this going to be like that "Scared Stupid" movie? I'd still like to see that, by the way.

dave790
10-26-2010, 06:39 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if it's just part one that comes out in spring. As in what part 2 now is but under the original title/artwork. I think the fact I'm having to write sentences like that to explain what I mean is something they'll find funny.

laura
10-26-2010, 07:37 AM
The releasedate also has some great festival-season timing. I'm expecting them to do some festivals in Europe in summer 2011!
yeah!! I'm coming!!! ;)

Taco Zip
10-26-2010, 08:59 AM
yeah!! I'm coming!!! ;)

Yep, we'll do a board meeting again! :D

martijn
10-26-2010, 09:07 AM
Done (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_KqndcpjQSek/SOeYeE_OmcI/AAAAAAAAI_U/Q1cJZ-JJJa4/s400/BILLY_OCEAN_SUDDENLY.jpg).
What?

This one: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vjWyZWztimM/SglyyIs-8XI/AAAAAAAABDY/T-b5Am1zmP4/s400/folder.jpg

gumkojima
10-26-2010, 09:31 AM
Maybe Pt. 1 will come out when Zdar gets done. Might be a good idea to hand your b-sides over to another producer to make A-sides out of them. Kind of the way the Mix-up was supposed to go. Pure speculation. Just pretending as if I had a band. For some reason the Mark Seliger photo of them in the dumpster comes to mind.

acamus
10-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Interesting that Nasty Little Man has pulled the artwork for HSCP1 with nothing to replace it. Seems like it wouldn't take two seconds to change "Pt. 1" to "Pt. 2". Maybe a new cover is coming? Personally, I liked the one we've seen a lot. Hmm.

pshabi
10-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Maybe Pt. 1 will come out when Zdar gets done. Might be a good idea to hand your b-sides over to another producer to make A-sides out of them. Kind of the way the Mix-up was supposed to go. Pure speculation. Just pretending as if I had a band. For some reason the Mark Seliger photo of them in the dumpster comes to mind.

People on this board are awful at reading comprehension most of the time.

Let me clear this up for you:

Part I is coming out, but it's coming out with the title "Part 2" and it's coming out on the original Part 2 release date. Part 1, but it's called Part 2. Get it guys?

destructo
10-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Hopefully the next announcement is about it being a true double album. One can hope. (y)

That would be a nice reward for the wait.

Lex Diamonds
10-26-2010, 11:11 AM
People on this board are awful at reading comprehension most of the time.

Let me clear this up for you:

Part I is coming out, but it's coming out with the title "Part 2" and it's coming out on the original Part 2 release date. Part 1, but it's called Part 2. Get it guys?
I already made a thread about this. Looks like you're awful at reading full stop.

Brother McDuff
10-26-2010, 11:59 AM
it's a strong cover, I feel, but I think I like it most because of the tongue-in-cheek shout to Billy Ocean. Now that's funny.:D

p.s. I don't think the cover is a painting, to whoever was assuming such. it seems to just be a treated creation of the photoshop sort. just saying. :o

KRS
10-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Leonard Part 6!

fonky pizza
11-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Yep, we'll do a board meeting again! :D

Yeaaahhh!!! The Beastie Boys are back!!!!!!CRAZYYYYYYY!!!!(y):D:p

dave790
11-02-2010, 03:39 PM
I already made a thread about this. Looks like you're awful at reading full stop.

trophy is on the way.