PDA

View Full Version : It just can't fail.

camo
04-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Nothing that I've heard from yet from the album (in it's new state) has disappointed me one bit. It really does sound like a complete return to tippity top form from the beatsies.

I haven't been this excited since Hello Nasty.

I hope some of you new timers are enjoying this like i was back in the day...and to the old timers - it's about time right?

Kid Presentable
04-23-2011, 11:18 AM
My 15 year old self would love Say It. OK and Funky Donkey sound like Eminem singles. The rest is sounding nice. I'm just waiting to see how long it takes for the board to start asking about the next album.

camo
04-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Funnily enough 'say it' makes me feel fifteen again - and i welcome that!

We just can't get enough of that funky stuff I suppose.

Kid Presentable
04-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Nah it's not a good thing. Well, it's good for the 15 year olds. Long Burn The Fire is epic as fuck though.

It's funny, I didn't expect a perfect album at all in 2009. Oddly in 2011 I expected a substantially identical album to be more mindblowing than it is. It's good though, the buzz is good, I've forwarded and linked the fuck out of everything on facebook. I support it, regardless. Feeling that Santi joint, and the outro. Non-stop is really quite good too. (y)

Lee Majors continues to rule ha

Guy Incognito
04-23-2011, 11:29 AM
whilst i have said i havent been this excited since IC, this is the first proper album when i have been involved on beastie message board and thats definitely helped the excitement.

it sounds like a very well thought out collection of complete songs. each song could feature and could stand up in at least one of their previous albums.

Kid Presentable
04-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Tadlock's is too good a song to be on this album I feel.

Kid Presentable
04-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Multilat is too dope. I'm half loving the fact it's instrumental, half disappointed they didn't have a crack at rhyming over it. Shit would need it's own cadence, 100% focus, it's one of the best beats they've ever come up with.

pshabi
04-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Tadlock's is too good a song to be on this album I feel.

Kinda surprised you're not jocking this album harder. Shit is fun and it's something I won't need to skip a track on....at least for the first few months. Seems like everyone at "the listening party" was on the same page. Not saying you should be a "sheep" but I find it hard to be very critical of this thing on the whole.

Kid Presentable
04-23-2011, 12:01 PM
Kinda surprised you're not jocking this album harder. Shit is fun and it's something I won't need to skip a track on....at least for the first few months. Seems like everyone at "the listening party" was on the same page. Not saying you should be a "sheep" but I find it hard to be very critical of this thing on the whole.

It's a piece of art, your mind should formulate opinions and evaluations. People tend to let their reactions get the better of them. It's generally pretty tight, just things here and there stick out to me. If it were a party party I wouldn't be going "glayven glayven" I'd just be enjoying it. (y)

M|X|Y
04-23-2011, 12:03 PM
i think cj hood put it best when he said this is their 'tattoo you'

pshabi
04-23-2011, 12:07 PM
It's a piece of art, your mind should formulate opinions and evaluations. People tend to let their reactions get the better of them.

I can dig it.....but to me it's ALL about the reaction. I don't wanna dissect (sp?) and evaluate music. I wanna listen, feel, and react! Plus, it's a bboys album, not Shakespeare, nahmean?

Either way, as you said in a post recently, this is going to be "my shit" anyway so critics and critiques don't mean a thing to me.

With all due respect, my dude.

Kid Presentable
04-23-2011, 12:12 PM
It's all good. The shit is obviously very good; I can't help it if my reaction is that I evaluate things quickly. Opinions are living like the people that have them, there will be many a context for this album. Long Burn, Tadlocks', Lee Majors, Multilat, Here's a Little Somethin and Lisa Lisa are fucking epic to me so far. Not a bad outcome by any stretch.

pshabi
04-23-2011, 12:18 PM
It's all good. The shit is obviously very good; I can't help it if my reaction is that I evaluate things quickly. Opinions are living like the people that have them, there will be many a context for this album. Long Burn, Tadlocks', Lee Majors, Multilat, Here's a Little Somethin and Lisa Lisa are fucking epic to me so far. Not a bad outcome by any stretch.

Lisa Lisa definitely had AT THE VERY LEAST a small malfunction during the webstream. Want the whole, unfuctup, joint.

I really wish Crazy Ass Shit was longer too. The kid sample is hot though.

Kid Presentable
04-23-2011, 12:21 PM
It's going to be my shit. Still doesn't stop me from aiming for a little objectivity (which is subjective anyway lol)

Brother McDuff
04-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Long Burn, Tadlocks', Lee Majors, Multilat, Here's a Little Somethin and Lisa Lisa are fucking epic to me so far. Not a bad outcome by any stretch.

at first listen it seems over 1/3 of the record is 'fucking epic' to you; I'd say that's pretty significant. mind you the full quality version will have it's charms also, as well as the given that at least 2 or 3 other cuts will grow on you over time.

objectivity is fully necessary, but don't be too objective. :o

albums grow into perfection over time and many listens, rarely right away, and never after a single listen. will HSC be a 'perfect' album, most likely not, but how many are? I still think it's worthy of being celebrated as a whole, rather than as just a stack of hits and misses. :)

Kid Presentable
04-23-2011, 05:39 PM
albums grow into perfection over time and many listens, rarely right away, and never after a single listen. will HSC be a 'perfect' album, most likely not, but how many are? I still think it's worthy of being celebrated as a whole, rather than as just a stack of hits and misses. :)

Had me until here; I know how to listen to music, man. (y)

Brother McDuff
04-23-2011, 05:44 PM
I know how to listen to music, man. (y)

i don't doubt it.

DrunkenMantis
04-23-2011, 06:36 PM
i think cj hood put it best when he said this is their 'tattoo you'

I completely agree with this statement,

on a side note, I have considered them the Rolling Stones of rap for

many years already.....well put CJ.