PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy James: MCA Only Version

eddiecee
05-02-2011, 07:37 PM
I've read that originally, MCA was the only one who was rapping on this song, he wrote it and everything. Does anyone know where this version of it is, or if it ever leaked? Too lazy to look around myself.

Micodin
05-02-2011, 07:56 PM
I've read that originally, MCA was the only one who was rapping on this song, he wrote it and everything. Does anyone know where this version of it is, or if it ever leaked? Too lazy to look around myself.

It's in the vault.

Sir SkratchaLot
05-03-2011, 05:32 AM
The original track was produced by MCA using a bunch of Hendrix samples and was supposed to be an instrumental. If you buy the Jimmy James single it's on there as "Jimmy James Original Original Version". Then they decided to rap over that instrumental, and it's called the "Jimmy James Original Version" on the single. Since they couldn't clear all of the samples in advance of the album (the single came out after the album), the Jimmy James album version has some of the Hendrix samples replaced with sound alike samples.

I don't think there was every any version with just MCA rapping.

Kid Presentable
05-03-2011, 05:34 AM
I think they said there was in one of the Grand Royal magazines, but I am probably mistaken.