PDA

View Full Version : Just got an email about the Deluxe Download fiasco...

roosta
05-04-2011, 02:33 AM
They are sorting us out today!

It was a complete mess, but nice to see they listened and are rectifying it.

Good looking out, everyone.

QuintoMondo
05-04-2011, 02:47 AM
The Bug Remix is incredible... Better than the Passion Pit and the one on the Japanese release.

jayjacobson16
05-04-2011, 03:11 AM
The Bug Remix is incredible... Better than the Passion Pit and the one on the Japanese release.

Bug remix?

campbeln
05-04-2011, 03:33 AM
Bug remix?

Yep, me too! Got it in my DL link to the MP3 version (I ordered FLAC, what the hell!?). And how can I get a FLAC of the Cornealious [sp?] remix!?!

Cn

campbeln
05-04-2011, 03:36 AM
Just to cross post:

OK, so I pre-ordered before the Passion Pit remix was offered as an instant download (I ordered on April 7). I've never recieved the link for the PP remix.

Now, when everyone is bitching about not getting the album download, I get access to that (in MP3, not the FLAC I ordered) with this email:

Quote:
Hello and happy Hot Sauce Committee Pt. 2 Release Day!

Thanks for ordering the deluxe edition of Hot Sauce Committee Pt 2. We really appreciate it.

There was some confusion and some of y'all were expecting to be emailed a digital download on release date. That wasn't part of the original plan but we hate to disappoint so the following download is the album plus two bonus tracks and a remix this afternoon: http://t.opsp.in/XXXX

Please don't share this link as it has been individualized to you.

In other news, you can now watch the entire, 30-minute version of Fight For Your Right To Party Revisited on BeastieBoys.com. Click here to enjoy it: http://t.opsp.in/e26j

Sincerely,
The management

And I've never received the link to the HD version of FFYRR either... Oh... and I had to hack the first link as the HTML of it was fuct (and I XXXX'd out my code), nice QA Topspin...

What the hell list am I on?

Cn

Monsieur Decuts
05-04-2011, 04:20 AM
Thanks guys for taking the extra effort to make this right....its very appreciated!

Bradleystp
05-04-2011, 04:27 AM
Thank you Beastie Boys for doing this...I truly appreciate it!

The Ron
05-04-2011, 06:16 AM
It was great waking up to see the email with the album download plus bonus/remix!!!! Thank you Beastie Boys!!!!!!!!

fonky pizza
05-04-2011, 06:22 AM
where is my record??!!

Kid Presentable
05-04-2011, 06:41 AM
Timezone differences in this hemisphere mean that my link has likely expired. I'm assuming that's why it won't work, but I'm not phased. I had the album anyway, will get the bonus tracks some other way.

The topspin peeps did a good job sorting most of the issues. Lessons learned for all for next time. (y)

checkyourprez
05-04-2011, 06:41 AM
Just to cross post:

OK, so I pre-ordered before the Passion Pit remix was offered as an instant download (I ordered on April 7). I've never recieved the link for the PP remix.

Now, when everyone is bitching about not getting the album download, I get access to that (in MP3, not the FLAC I ordered) with this email:

Quote:

And I've never received the link to the HD version of FFYRR either... Oh... and I had to hack the first link as the HTML of it was fuct (and I XXXX'd out my code), nice QA Topspin...

What the hell list am I on?

Cn

hmm. i put in the HTML for the download and i get... That doesn't seem to be a valid URL!

???

it did say 'this afternoon'. i wonder if that means it will work in a couple hours.

Kid Presentable
05-04-2011, 06:46 AM
it did say 'this afternoon'. i wonder if that means it will work in a couple hours.

Actually that's a good point.

bigfatlove06
05-04-2011, 06:49 AM
I'll be clicking on that all day. Got the email at 4:27 AM, checked it at 8:00 AM. Must be later today. No way they would try to clear up the confusion by posting a link at 4:00 AM EST only to have it expire before I wake up?????

Kid Presentable
05-04-2011, 06:51 AM
Yeah I'm all fucked up from the time difference. Just finished work and study, it's 9pm. Probably hook up the bonus tracks tomorrow. Really, very cool of them to suss it out like this.

GrapeApe
05-04-2011, 06:52 AM
I'm glad a temporary fix was found but I don't get how this was not part of the "plan"?

Why would their most hardcore fans, who spend $90 each when they could easily spend $14 on iTunes, not want to have access to the album on release day?

Was the plan really to have some wait until July to get their CD, LP and download in one package?

I understand that my LP, CD and T-shit might not arrive for a while, but in 2011 there is no reason for the download not to be available on May 3 at 12:01 am.

I happy they resolved it but the rationale seems odd.

Kid Presentable
05-04-2011, 06:58 AM
Was the plan really to have some wait until July to get their CD, LP and download in one package?

I understand that my LP, CD and T-shit might not arrive for a while, but in 2011 there is no reason for the download not to be available on May 3 at 12:01 am.

Gotta agree 100%. These are smart people, they know how things is. It confuses me as well.

dave790
05-04-2011, 07:15 AM
I'm glad a temporary fix was found but I don't get how this was not part of the "plan"?

Why would their most hardcore fans, who spend $90 each when they could easily spend $14 on iTunes, not want to have access to the album on release day?

it's the fact that they offer some downloadable content at 12:00 on the date of the release. surely someone must have thought it best to make the whole album available there and then as well? ridiculous! that said, i'm happy with the download, though i'd already suckered myself in to get off itunes yesterday. it's the beasties.

prof_d_boiz
05-04-2011, 07:17 AM
Just an FYI to everyone, I was having difficulty with the links as well. Silly me was just clicking on the links and getting a page not found error. However, I then tried copying and pasting the link into my browser which worked. I was able to download the album, the 2 bonus tracks, and the binus remix.

Haven't listened to the new remix or the final bonus tracks yet today though.

Hope this helps!

bigfatlove06
05-04-2011, 07:25 AM
Yep, me too! Got it in my DL link to the MP3 version (I ordered FLAC, what the hell!?). And how can I get a FLAC of the Cornealious [sp?] remix!?!

Cn

Only on Japan, sir.

Kid Presentable
05-04-2011, 07:25 AM
prof d - your website fucking dominates and you solved me issue. (y)(y)(y)

prof_d_boiz
05-04-2011, 07:33 AM
prof d - your website fucking dominates and you solved me issue. (y)(y)(y)

Glad I could help. I was confused as all heck and back myself this morning. Went from disappointment yesterday to joy this morning, back to disappintment and finally joy again!!!

Jiberish
05-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Just an FYI to everyone, I was having difficulty with the links as well. Silly me was just clicking on the links and getting a page not found error. However, I then tried copying and pasting the link into my browser which worked. I was able to download the album, the 2 bonus tracks, and the binus remix.

Haven't listened to the new remix or the final bonus tracks yet today though.

Hope this helps!

Thanks man. I didn't try too hard to figure it out, as I've been listening to the album through the site for more than a week now. Still it's nice to have the album!

b-grrrlie
05-04-2011, 08:09 AM
I hadn't even noticed the download was for limited time only! I haven't downloaded anything yet as my computer keeps taking its final breaths and was going to wait till I get my new one.

I just checked it and I only got the Passion Pit remix, not Bug remix (I ordered mine April 9th). And it takes 3,75 hours to download the m4... :(

and just noticed I'd gotten the second mail as well :o I also got an invalid link, but it worked when I copied it, thanks for the tip!

WesleyOHSnaps!
05-04-2011, 09:04 AM
I'll be clicking on that all day. Got the email at 4:27 AM, checked it at 8:00 AM. Must be later today. No way they would try to clear up the confusion by posting a link at 4:00 AM EST only to have it expire before I wake up?????

Yeah I'm worried about that too. I woke up just 5 minutes ago and saw the email and the link isn't working. What does later this afternoon mean? I live in CA it's not latter this afternoon for another 4 or 5 hours.

I'll be at work till 11:30pm tonight. I hope it doesn't expire before then.

roosta
05-04-2011, 09:23 AM
yeah - the link is bust

you need to copy it

or click it, then delete the <div> shit from the end of it in the URL bar...

The Bug remix is ok...prefer the PP one...

WesleyOHSnaps!
05-04-2011, 09:27 AM
yeah - the link is bust

you need to copy it

that seemed to work!

thanks!

fonky pizza
05-04-2011, 09:27 AM
it's on my computer!!!!

yeaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mathcart
05-04-2011, 09:32 AM

Hope this helps!

That sure did! Thank you kind sir!!!

:D

Nomen Nescio
05-04-2011, 09:36 AM
yeah - the link is bust

you need to copy it

(y) Thanks. That works.

Madhockey
05-04-2011, 11:57 AM
It's not working for me. I've tried cutting and pasting, and cutting off the extra stuff (just leaving the four letters after topspin) and it is still invalid. Maybe because it isn't afternoon yet in Colorado?:(

dave790
05-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Glad I could help. I was confused as all heck and back myself this morning. Went from disappointment yesterday to joy this morning, back to disappintment and finally joy again!!!

aha i was gonna say, kept getting 'this link doesn't work' or whatever, wacked in the browser addy bit (what's the term?!) and away we go! files a re slightly smaller than the itunes versions...lesser quality?

Madhockey
05-04-2011, 08:54 PM
I found the downloaded album. I kept getting the error, but it still downloaded it. I guess I tried 13 times since I had 13 copies. It didn't even pop up the Downloading window. Weird, but at least I have it (even though I went and bought the Best Buy package anyway. Sigh.

pshabi
05-04-2011, 11:06 PM
I got my download email today but I've been really busy. Finally just opened it up and copy/pasted the link and downloaded it. Thought it was all good.

NOT!

When I go to play the tracks, they are all mutated and shit. The timer on my computer's mp3 player stays at 0:00 and it literally sounds like Sasquatch fucking growling with crickets in the background. On every track! I even deleted and re-downloaded but it's the same. It's like the files are slowed down by a million times or something.

I logged in here thinking I'd read a bunch of other peeps with the same problems, but nothing. Fucking weird.

MCScoobyT
05-04-2011, 11:15 PM
I got my download email today but I've been really busy. Finally just opened it up and copy/pasted the link and downloaded it. Thought it was all good.

NOT!

When I go to play the tracks, they are all mutated and shit. The timer on my computer's mp3 player stays at 0:00 and it literally sounds like Sasquatch fucking growling with crickets in the background. On every track! I even deleted and re-downloaded but it's the same. It's like the files are slowed down by a million times or something.

I logged in here thinking I'd read a bunch of other peeps with the same problems, but nothing. Fucking weird.
"Please don't share this link as it has been individualized to you." -the management :D

pshabi
05-04-2011, 11:22 PM
I opened up the files using VLC player and iTunes and they work. They still don't work on the default mp3 software for this ancient ass computer though. Never been an issue before. Eh.....all good I guess.

pshabi
05-04-2011, 11:23 PM
"Please don't share this link as it has been individualized to you." -the management :D

Ha! Yeah, at first that's what I thought. They individualized complete shit for me? Some loyalty!

Monsieur Decuts
05-04-2011, 11:23 PM
I opened up the files using VLC player and iTunes and they work. They still don't work on the default mp3 software for this ancient ass computer though. Never been an issue before. Eh.....all good I guess.

lol winamp ?

pshabi
05-04-2011, 11:27 PM
lol winamp ?

Creative MediaSource Organizer lmao. My wife got me an mp3 player FOREVER ago that was about as big as stick of lipstick. You put a AA battery in it and it had a little LCD display. Literally held like 20 tracks and it put this software on my comp. I've used it ever since. I guess I'm old skool.

I've got a laptop that I normally use for my internetting but I put my music on this old ass thing. Funny shit.

MCScoobyT
05-04-2011, 11:54 PM
Creative MediaSource Organizer lmao. My wife got me an mp3 player FOREVER ago that was about as big as stick of lipstick. You put a AA battery in it and it had a little LCD display. Literally held like 20 tracks and it put this software on my comp. I've used it ever since. I guess I'm old skool.

I've got a laptop that I normally use for my internetting but I put my music on this old ass thing. Funny shit.

Your cracking me up tonite! Glad it finally worked for you 'old skool' ass...

dirtydan11
05-05-2011, 04:40 AM
It's funny to hear someone say an mp3 player is old school

Monsieur Decuts
05-05-2011, 12:24 PM
I just got an email from the Beastie Boys Store (in reply to a query) that the deluxe packages will ship the end of May for those who bought before Apr.19th.

There's a little something for y'all

The Ron
05-05-2011, 12:37 PM
I just got an email from the Beastie Boys Store (in reply to a query) that the deluxe packages will ship the end of May for those who bought before Apr.19th.

There's a little something for y'all

If you ordered "before" April 19th it will be shipped at the end of May? WTF? I ordered mine on 4/9 and I was under the impression all orders would be shipped by 5/3. How disappointing...

Monsieur Decuts
05-05-2011, 12:46 PM
If you ordered "before" April 19th it will be shipped at the end of May? WTF? I ordered mine on 4/9 and I was under the impression all orders would be shipped by 5/3. How disappointing...

Well..there was a direct quote from Mike Dino saying vinyl packages would have a longer maturity date....so this was expected

The Ron
05-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Well..there was a direct quote from Mike Dino saying vinyl packages would have a longer maturity date....so this was expected

Yeah but I thought it was for peeps who ordered AFTER 4/19? I guess I was mistaken...

Monsieur Decuts
05-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Yeah but I thought it was for peeps who ordered AFTER 4/19? I guess I was mistaken...

ya the 4/19 thing was added at the end of April....those who ordered right away still had the Mike D blurb.

The Ron
05-05-2011, 01:05 PM
I can't bitch, I was one of the lucky ones who got to speak with Mike D for ordering it...I'm just too effin excited to get the damn thing. LOL At least they sent out the album DL.

Monsieur Decuts
05-05-2011, 01:28 PM
I can't bitch, I was one of the lucky ones who got to speak with Mike D for ordering it...I'm just too effin excited to get the damn thing. LOL At least they sent out the album DL.

YOU DID?! very cool.

JoLovesMCA
05-05-2011, 01:45 PM

As Yauch would say……. Lucky motha!!!!! Anyway my discs aren’t letting me erase so I had to waste literally 3-4 CDs because I kept burning songs to listen to in my car before the album came out. Now with the deluxe download I had to burn it again so I could get the good version of Pop your Balloon and BBoys in the cut along with the Bug remix. Now I just have all of these extra copies of Hot Sauce sitting around with nobody to listen to them.

The Ron
05-05-2011, 02:09 PM
I haven't even put the deluxe DL on a CD yet cause I was holding out hope the disc would show up soon.

I forgot...when I talked to Mr. Diamond he informed me that I won a contest for a day at the spas. LOL...not sure if he was just fucking around with me but if I get a spas deal with my deluxe pkg I'm gonna laugh my ass off...

SoundScientist
05-06-2011, 03:14 PM

Cn

I'm sure this is just temporary and we will have access to the FLACs (for those who ordered them) once the Digital Download Card is mailed with the rest of our stuff...

But will we get all the remixes we've gotten as FLACs? Thats debatable...but I'd say probably. Maybe not all of them, but def at least the bonus tracks, we did pay for those... the mp3s they sent are kinda a 'shut up and sit tight, be patient'...kinda thing.

They fucked up large, but props to topspin for even trying to rectify it, even if the first 4 emails i got all had broken links ;P

pip07
05-06-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm sure this is just temporary and we will have access to the FLACs (for those who ordered them) once the Digital Download Card is mailed with the rest of our stuff...

But will we get all the remixes we've gotten as FLACs? Thats debatable...but I'd say probably. Maybe not all of them, but def at least the bonus tracks, we did pay for those... the mp3s they sent are kinda a 'shut up and sit tight, be patient'...kinda thing.

They fucked up large, but props to topspin for even trying to rectify it, even if the first 4 emails i got all had broken links ;P

Why do you think we'll be getting FLAC files? I never saw an option for that when I placed my order.

faz
05-06-2011, 04:00 PM
It's funny to hear someone say an mp3 player is old school

I dunno, my first one was pretty old school. 32mb and probably cost as much as an iPod touch today.

Bombora
05-06-2011, 07:35 PM
For anyone interested, if you had slept on picking up the Vinyl version its been changed to "Sold Out".

Before if changed to Sold Out I had emailed topspin because you could click buy it but never actually buy it. I got a reply back that said they had run out of several items in the vinyl packages. Perhaps the white vinyl itself? After that the women said that the merch team will decide in the next few weeks what will be put up on the site again. Really hoping some type of Deluxe goes up with those bonus tracks so I can throw the FLAC's on my ipod.