PDA

View Full Version : My hair - opinions

miss soul fire
07-12-2011, 03:35 PM
So, my hair is curly, some people on the board have seen my real hair.

However there are like 3 years I let it straight and I feel much better with straight hair. But I would like to have my hair back. Maybe. But at the same time I don't feel good with it curly because I think I look weird. I think it looks great in other people, but when I look at myself in the mirror I look ugly and I like myself with straight hair, but it seems I'm living a lie with straight hair and I love curly hair, but I don't think it looks good on me and although curly hair takes a lot of time and work to look good, straight hair does too (when it's not originally straight). So I'm always in doubt. If I let my hair go back to curly I would have to cut it really really short and I would have to be really patient...so I keep thinking about it and I can never make a decision about it. Not that many guys look at me, but when I'm straight hair the difference on how many guys look at me other than when I'm with curly hair, it's brutal. At least 3 years ago. Can anyone help me?

M|X|Y
07-12-2011, 03:36 PM
do you want it straight or curly?

miss soul fire
07-12-2011, 03:40 PM
do you want it straight or curly?

The weird thing is that I can't make up my mind. I like it straight but it takes some effort I shouldn't be doing when I'm with curly hair. And my real hair is curly, so I think it's better. And my hair is not much and also really thin, so when it's curly it looks bigger (not in size, but in height). I think I look better with straight hair, but I also love curly hair, not in me though. I wish I could be the real me with curly hair, but I don't look good. So, it's hard to say.

JoLovesMCA
07-12-2011, 03:44 PM
It's all about what makes you happy and confident. If you feel better with it straight then keep it straight. I don't think your dissing your curls.

If you really feel compelled to have it curly then see a stylist that can help you figure a way to style a way where it's going to look good to you.

M|X|Y
07-12-2011, 03:51 PM
i say go wavy(y)

Helvete
07-12-2011, 04:33 PM
I do like long hair, but you're hair looks great in every picture I've seen. Curls looked good too!

monkey
07-14-2011, 05:39 PM
ok, easier said than done:

FORGET ABOUT WHETHER MEN LOOK AT YOU! men will look at you if you feel confident and beautiful, and you can be confident and beautiful with curly or straight hair. it really comes down to which you think you can really feel beautiful in. You might look amazing with curly hair, but if you think straight hair is better, you're always gonna feel like no one is looking at you or admiring your curly hair. You gotta really believe in your beauty, Roby! We all believe in it! and you'll figure out which style is really better suited to you when you put both of those on the same pedestal. You don't change just because your hair style changes!

fonky pizza
07-19-2011, 07:43 AM
me and my curly hair....big deal

Myu-to
07-19-2011, 08:40 AM
Your curly hair is a big deal?

Nuzzolese
07-19-2011, 08:50 AM
I vote to keep it straight if it's what looks better on you and makes you feel better about how you look. It doesn't involve having to change anything now; no short hair and no waiting. Try some new products that might make it easier to keep your hair straight. There are these shampoos that advertise that they keep your hair smooth and straight longer than anything ever did before.

SP1200
07-19-2011, 09:45 AM
I think there is an underlining issue beyond your hair. You may be going through a stage in your life where your looking for change. Some people change there style but it's they way your post is written with such uncertainty that I feel something else is up? Is there something going on in your life that is pushing you to want change? It can be both negative and positive.

NicRN77
07-19-2011, 12:08 PM
do what you feel is best for you. who cares what others think? guys don't like curly hair?? I have naturally curly hair, and most guys I've met LOVE curly hair. and I think curly hair is pretty easy to deal with...just scrunch and go!

Myu-to
07-19-2011, 12:25 PM
I have naturally curly hair
"All of this dust is going to take the curl out of my naturally curly hair."

fonky pizza
07-19-2011, 02:13 PM
I love my curly hair, it's surprising cause it's wild, never really know how it's gonna be so it's funny, and it can also tell me the humidity degree in the atmosphere or if a storm is on his way, I mean it works as antennas, feels great at sound systems, in general very appreciated depending on the environment, then of course, at a club, if I put it straight, I can get drinks easier.

fonky pizza
07-19-2011, 02:31 PM
"All of this dust is going to take the curl out of my naturally curly hair."

All of this dust is going to make my hair turn grey!

miss soul fire
07-19-2011, 03:28 PM
I know what you guys mean. Thanks for the ideas, monkey, Nuzz, NicRN77 and everyone else. Well, I love my naturally curly hair, but everything in other people looks better. Maybe I should just try to go back to curly to see how it feels like, but it's a long process. If it doesn't work then I go back to straight.:D

miss soul fire
07-19-2011, 03:30 PM
I vote to keep it straight if it's what looks better on you and makes you feel better about how you look. It doesn't involve having to change anything now; no short hair and no waiting. Try some new products that might make it easier to keep your hair straight. There are these shampoos that advertise that they keep your hair smooth and straight longer than anything ever did before.

Actually it's the opposite, Nuzz. My hair is naturally curly and it's straight at the moment because I like it straight, but at the same time I'd rather it curly because it doesn't take much time to make it look ok and when straight everybody (including me, of course) can see it is not. It doesn't look naturally straight because it's not so that's why I don't love it when straight and I have thin and not much hair, so when curly it looks like I got more of it.:D

miss soul fire
07-19-2011, 03:36 PM
me and my curly hair....big deal

That's right. My threads suck. Not very deep I know. Also, I'm not like that in real life. I just wanted opinions. I actually rule my life, but sometimes you can't see what other people can and 10 brains work better than just one.

I also realized I always make a fool of myself in this board, because sometimes I just read the end of the thread or sentence. I'm very anxious. Very. For example, like in the Italian thing (another thread). I studied Italian for 2 years and all I could read was the word "quanto" which is the same in Portuguese and I forgot to read the rest (but I knew it wasn't Portuguese) and also Brazilians kinda get pissed because we think everyone thinks we speak Spanish just like the rest of South America (well, not entirelly, but most part of it). And I don't know why I feel the need to explain myself, but I do need some English practice.:p

Ok, maybe you're talking about you. Hmm...

Dorothy Wood
07-19-2011, 05:16 PM
can you just start growing out your hair and curl the straight parts to match?

I have difficult curly hair, but have learned to tame it with curling irons and blow dryers. usually I just wash it then straighten my bangs, and pull the rest back into a ponytail while it's wet, and release the curls later. it's never been wash and go, at any given time it will turn crazy. that's why i keep it long, so i can just twist it all into a pile on top of my head.

Nuzzolese
07-20-2011, 10:13 AM
I have hair that is very wavy in parts and just refuses to be straight, and other parts of my hair are straighter and don't like to curl. I can make it mostly straight pretty easily (except for that stubbornly wavy part in the back) but it usually looks really dry when I do that. Plus I have to smooth over the ends with a curling iron or else it just looks awful.

Or I can scrunch it with gel while it's wet to keep the wavy curls all over.

I would kind of like to get long full bangs and try to look like Zooey Deschanel but I think bangs would only look good if my hair was always straighter. I don't think I'd be able to pull off the wavy scrunched look if I had bangs.

Your thoughts?

fonky pizza
07-26-2011, 09:11 AM
you know why trojan skin heads shaved their heads right?

venusvenus123
07-26-2011, 09:38 AM
I think I like your hair wavy, for what it's worth.

I am a pro curl girl. My colleague straightens her hair sometimes and I think it's a harsh look. I'm not a fan of that poker straight hair that Gwyneth Paltrow rocks. It just looks hard, like nails.

I also think the curl thing is good for volume.

It's quite personal choice I guess. I once had my hair straightened professionally and it made the texture go so weird. I couldn't clip it up or anything--it just fell out.

My friend told me later that she thought it made me look less special /more ordinary. I guess that was a compliment!

Btw msf, I was gonna ask whether you speak Spanish as I'm trying to improve mine. . . Sorry no portuguese on me.

miss soul fire
07-26-2011, 10:03 AM
I think I like your hair wavy, for what it's worth.

I am a pro curl girl. My colleague straightens her hair sometimes and I think it's a harsh look. I'm not a fan of that poker straight hair that Gwyneth Paltrow rocks. It just looks hard, like nails.

I also think the curl thing is good for volume.

It's quite personal choice I guess. I once had my hair straightened professionally and it made the texture go so weird. I couldn't clip it up or anything--it just fell out.

My friend told me later that she thought it made me look less special /more ordinary. I guess that was a compliment!

Btw msf, I was gonna ask whether you speak Spanish as I'm trying to improve mine. . . Sorry no portuguese on me.

Hihii. Thanks for the opinion, venus. I know what you mean. Well, i studied only 1 year and a half of Spanish, but Brazilians unederstand most of it without having to study it because we got all the Spanish phonetics. But still my English msy not be the best, but i'll be able to communicate. I also speak French. Don't worry, I'm not a real foreigner. Hihi.

Fern
07-26-2011, 05:31 PM
i like straight hair

jabumbo
07-27-2011, 06:21 AM
i like curly hair

Fern
07-27-2011, 07:01 PM
i like curly hair

yeah, surrounding cocks ....

Jane*
07-27-2011, 09:58 PM
I have curly hair that takes great effort to straighten. I think at 26 I accepted the curls and opted for a hair cut that works with my bulbous head and my hair's texture.

Now that I'm back in the dry climate of Utah, I straighten my hair more often (then don't wash it for days) as I like the look sometimes. Just depends.

I agree with Ms. Venus, I think the curly hair is softer and more fun. Everyone with straight hair envies curls and vice versa.

I say you let it go naturally curly then straighten it every once in a while. You'll have the best of both worlds!

Dorothy Wood
07-28-2011, 07:30 PM
I have hair that is very wavy in parts and just refuses to be straight, and other parts of my hair are straighter and don't like to curl. I can make it mostly straight pretty easily (except for that stubbornly wavy part in the back) but it usually looks really dry when I do that. Plus I have to smooth over the ends with a curling iron or else it just looks awful.

Or I can scrunch it with gel while it's wet to keep the wavy curls all over.

I would kind of like to get long full bangs and try to look like Zooey Deschanel but I think bangs would only look good if my hair was always straighter. I don't think I'd be able to pull off the wavy scrunched look if I had bangs.

Your thoughts?

it took me awhile to get my bangs looking natural. It helps to blow them out with a round brush, then smooth with a large barrel curling iron. Then you curl the long sides with the curling iron too, so it kind of blends together. Zooey often has wavy hair with her bangs, and I do it all the time. The trick is to keep the bangs loosely curled and not too straight. You can also curl all of your hair so it all has the same smooth texture. Just take one 2" section at a time: comb through each section before you clamp the curling iron at the root and draw upward, straightening it out first, then stop when the ends of the section are clamped beneath the arm thingy...then roll down wrapping the hair tightly around the iron. hold for 5-8 seconds, then release and allow to cool before you touch it, then run your fingers through to break apart and stretch the big barrel curls a bit, or brush out for just plain waves.

here is my hair with straight bangs and the rest curly: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2892/225/114/505710502/n505710502_6727333_671223.jpg

(pardon the weird smirk face)