PDA

View Full Version : New Yauch Quote in Oscilloscope PR

Late-Night Lion
04-02-2012, 12:45 PM
From a press release about LCD Soundsystem's documentary...

http://www.oscilloscope.net/?p=722

Adam Yauch, Beastie Boy and Head of Oscilloscope said, “Perhaps having grown up in a band for most of my life – a band that formed when I was 16 years old – and having released our first record when I was still in high school, this film addresses so many questions. For instance, it can be pretty clear when a band starts, but perhaps less so when it ends, or how it should end. In that sense, it’s brilliant of James to end it in such a definitive way.”

JoLovesMCA
04-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Saw that too. Glad to hear from the MAN. ;)

beasties#1fan
04-02-2012, 01:52 PM
It is nice to hear something from Yauch!! I've missed the dude!!

JasonP
04-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Don't end this band!

Turchinator
04-03-2012, 01:09 PM
yeah that's just ominous.

it's great to hear Yauch give a statement like this but I can't help to believe this is the beginning of the end. I mean he is commenting on the nature of ending a band from the perspective of a guy who's been in a band since he was 16.

dude is turning 48 this year.

abbott
04-03-2012, 05:07 PM

it's great to hear Yauch give a statement like this but I can't help to believe this is the beginning of the end. I mean he is commenting on the nature of ending a band from the perspective of a guy who's been in a band since he was 16.

I hope the bboys never end

abbott
04-03-2012, 05:10 PM
there can be a new begining without an end.

JasonP
04-03-2012, 05:17 PM
I remember when ISFWO came out thinking, man these guys will be around forever. There are no limits to what these guys are capable of doing, so why would they ever stop? Most bands that end you can usually understand why they stopped - pursue other things, outgrew the music etc. But with the Beastie Boys they have no parameters that they have to stay within, so for me it wouldnt make any sense for them to ever stop. Then again who knows what they are thinking? :)

I always appreciate the fact that this band that I have loved since I was 11 (26 years ago) are still producing music that I love.

Get well Yauch!!!!!

JoLovesMCA
04-03-2012, 05:40 PM
The lab distributes many music docs such as this and Adam almost always comments on their new releases. It helps with the promotion. ;) I don't think there is anything to worry about. If they were going to end it they could have done so by now. And as others mentioned, they have no boundaries.

dave790
04-03-2012, 06:26 PM

well it's relevant to the documentary / gig and LCD soundsystem. that is all...

Turchinator
04-03-2012, 09:53 PM
true dave790. I'm just giving how I read the interpretation. I know nothing about LCD Soundsystem, but they have only been around since 2002 according to what I have read. Yauch's statement, to me, has plenty of gravity to it.

I wish the band nothing but the best and continued success.

on another note, I can't believe the Beastie Boys outlasted bands like The Beatles(1960-1970) and Led Zeppelin(1968-1980) twofold.

dave790
04-04-2012, 01:18 AM
I hear ya.

And indeed, their interrupted longevity is something to cherish.