PDA

View Full Version : MCA's letter

Turchinator
04-18-2012, 12:43 AM
Horovitz reads Yauch's speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbLK_eQH4iQ&sns=tw

Kid Presentable
04-18-2012, 12:57 AM
Finally saw this the other day. Fucking incredible. I hope things aren't as bad as they seem.

DJ_Skrilla
04-18-2012, 12:57 AM
ya I saw it on twitter posted by Fredo Ortiz ‏ @Bongoloidz
I feel honored to have been a part of Beastie Boys history! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbLK_eQH4iQ&sns=tw

JoLovesMCA
04-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Glad you guys finally got to hear it! It sounded so sad to me when I first heard it but then I realized other speeches of the night were heartfelt too because it was a big honor.

I am still worried, but I am just thinking that perhaps "just now" folks are realizing Yauch's condition. Not that it's worsened. If you know me then you know I've expressed concern over his condition hundreds of times over the past year or two. And so many folks would tell me no he's known not to show up for interviews, he's fine. Stop worrying etc... I just didn't think it was that easy. I heard from a fan who saw him last year and said that he was walking with a cane too. So I mean he's been that weak for awhile now. :/

Things MUST get better.

Brother McDuff
04-18-2012, 12:36 PM
very eloquent. (y)

cj hood
04-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Glad you guys finally got to hear it! It sounded so sad to me when I first heard it but then I realized other speeches of the night were heartfelt too because it was a big honor.

I am still worried, but I am just thinking that perhaps "just now" folks are realizing Yauch's condition. Not that it's worsened. If you know me then you know I've expressed concern over his condition hundreds of times over the past year or two. And so many folks would tell me no he's known not to show up for interviews, he's fine. Stop worrying etc... I just didn't think it was that easy. I heard from a fan who saw him last year and said that he was walking with a cane too. So I mean he's been that weak for awhile now. :/

Things MUST get better.

What's the cane story? cuz i heard some things today...

JoLovesMCA
04-18-2012, 12:49 PM
What's the cane story? cuz i heard some things today...

Last year around July at some Dalai Lama tour, he was there. From what I hear he looked pretty good, no beard but had a cane. What are you hearing? :/

cj hood
04-18-2012, 12:55 PM
more of the same...not good.

JoLovesMCA
04-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Well if what you hear isn’t good then it’s the treatment. He’s gonna be extremely weak during that time period and then gains healthiness again afterwards. It’s a back and forth thing. Also treatments for what he had should be about every two-three months.

This is what it’s taking so long. He can only go every couple of months because it takes several weeks for the treatment to do its job. I read that one salivary gland patient had 63 treaments and Yauch might only be at about 32. This is all guessing based on what I read and the time-span he began treatment. Just wanted to share that to shed some light on the situation.

Edit: Well actually that would only be able about 6-7 treatments a year. Every case is different though.

beasties#1fan
04-18-2012, 04:46 PM
My beastie friend told me the same thing, she spotted him w/a cane.
I wasnt suppose to say anything, but since its out :cool: i guess...yeah.

silence7
04-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Every distinguised gentleman should have a cane. He uses it to keep the Yauch fan club girls at bay.

JoLovesMCA
04-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Every distinguised gentleman should have a cane. He uses it to keep the Yauch fan club girls at bay.

OMG I almost spit out my nice red wine MERLOT when I read that. Good one! Don't we Yauch girls drive you mad??!!!!! :cool:

fonky pizza
04-19-2012, 08:37 PM
My beastie friend told me the same thing, she spotted him w/a cane.
I wasnt suppose to say anything, but since its out :cool: i guess...yeah.

A cane?!? Why not a labrador too now?!?:cool:

MsPacMan
04-19-2012, 09:17 PM

Proud to be a Yauch-ette.

Good luck to him if he thinks a cane would stop Jo.

JoLovesMCA
04-19-2012, 09:18 PM
Proud to be a Yauch-ette.

Good luck to him if he thinks a cane would stop Jo.

Please don't make me laugh. I don't want to!

MsPacMan
04-19-2012, 09:25 PM
Please don't make me laugh. I don't want to!

what are we gonna do, MOPE?

chin up, girl.

PWR2MCA just got a retweet from MMM and Cey!

This is AWESOME, what's happening here.

"Tears running down my face 'cause I love to do it"

Panamint
04-19-2012, 09:27 PM
In terms of his condition...

I really wouldn't read too much into his non-appearance for this reason...

They do EVERYTHING as a group and want it to be 100%. I knew this before, but, after spending a very short amount of time around them on a show day, it was reinforced.

When I was around them for the couple of hours or so I hung out with them almost ten years ago, they are VERY tight-knit. It is not for show (I know everyone here knows that). The amount of in-jokes (there was a running one at the time of them trying to get Alfredo to walk through decorative water fountains if the arena had one outside) were insane.

I think it is more a sense of waiting until MCA is 100% until they present themselves to the public again, just from a strength standpoint.

JoLovesMCA
04-19-2012, 09:35 PM
In terms of his condition...

I really wouldn't read too much into his non-appearance for this reason...

They do EVERYTHING as a group and want it to be 100%. I knew this before, but, after spending a very short amount of time around them on a show day, it was reinforced.

When I was around them for the couple of hours or so I hung out with them almost ten years ago, they are VERY tight-knit. It is not for show (I know everyone here knows that). The amount of in-jokes (there was a running one at the time of them trying to get Alfredo to walk through decorative water fountains if the arena had one outside) were insane.

I think it is more a sense of waiting until MCA is 100% until they present themselves to the public again, just from a strength standpoint.

Thank you for your insight. (y) It's much appreciated!

Sarah stop being right. You know my slogan............ Yeah Yeah RIGHT RIGHT......... OK!!!!!!!!!!!

MCAadROCKMiKEd7
04-25-2012, 02:35 PM
YES! Finally I can watch this!

beasties#1fan
04-25-2012, 03:11 PM
A cane?!? Why not a labrador too now?!?:cool:
I know... It's funky

MCAadROCKMiKEd7
04-26-2012, 12:25 AM
MsPacMan I shot you a little email with some questions on donating
Get back to me when you can (:

PS; some may be interested that there is a lot of walks to do for causes as well (:
ex. My donation is going to http://www.autismspeaks.org/ways-give
They have a walk going in my area right now to raise money and i'm looking into going to be a volunteer with the event set up etc (:

MsPacMan
04-26-2012, 04:03 AM
MsPacMan I shot you a little email with some questions on donating
Get back to me when you can (:

PS; some may be interested that there is a lot of walks to do for causes as well (:
ex. My donation is going to http://www.autismspeaks.org/ways-give
They have a walk going in my area right now to raise money and i'm looking into going to be a volunteer with the event set up etc (:

You are right; it's a GREAT CAUSE.

I've emailed you, mate! Luv ya!

xoxo

fonky pizza
05-05-2012, 06:55 AM
Your free spirit will live forever

You are infinity

You are the mountain

You are the sun

You are the sky

You are the wind in the trees

You are the tree