PDA

View Full Version : We are blessed

PortlandBGirl
05-30-2012, 10:33 PM
As we are coming up on four weeks since Adam Yauch's passing, I have finally come to a point where I can appreciate how blessed we Beasties fans are. The Beastie Boys have given us so much over the past three decades. Amazing music, revolutionary videos, unparalleled concerts. They truly are so great to their fans. And for Yauch to use his fame to champion causes that he is passionate about, how amazing is that? I feel like he is responsible for bringing the knowledge of Tibetan oppression to generations of people, how many of us didn't know anything about that until Milarepa and the Tibetan Freedom Concerts? Me, for one.
Although his death was a tragic, devastating loss, there is something beautiful about the band being together for so long, the only thing that could break them up is death, "till death do us part".
Maybe I am starting to reach the acceptance stage of grief. I am so thankful for everything they gave us, it is worth the sorrow I feel at his passing. I feel the sorrow because I love/admire/appreciate the Beastie Boys so much, and I wouldn't trade that for anything.

Heather_D
05-31-2012, 03:59 AM
Very well said. I'm sad that it took his passing for me to really realize how much influence they had on so many, including me. I know exactly what you mean about being unaware of issues like Tibet. And I think I'm starting to understand my sadness as being equal to that of losing someone you grew up with. Not necessarily someone close, but you still grew up together. That's what the Beastie Boys did- they evolved, regardless of popular opinion, just like many of us. And they managed to stay together- as a band, as friends. I don't even keep in touch with people I knew 30 years ago. Things. Hange, people change. We are lucky that they changed together & stayed together. They are definitely three bad brothers.

Billy Corbitt
05-31-2012, 05:28 AM
Good Morning, Thank you for starting such a nice thread. Have a nice day. (y)