PDA

View Full Version : Hello Nasty....Again (Therapy Tip)

mikel3030
06-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Hi Y'all, I'm 30 years old from Melbourne, Australia. I have just joined up to write this, hope you like it. Beastie Boys were an international band and there was a lot of love down here. I was lucky enough to see them live 4 times from Ill Communication tour onwards. They changed my life for the better in everyway.

My heart broke on May 5th (our time) It was the morning of my 30th birthday- the first thing I did was look at my phone and I had a message from a mate, a message I had been dreading. Needless to say, i wont remember that day fondly. Talk about end of my youth!

Anyways- I have the best method to get over the pain of the last couple of months- crank Hello Nasty as loud as you can! It's a party album, and there is nothing wrong with that. If I was forced to choose my ranking of albums goes like this.

1 Hello Nasty
2 Paul's Boutique
3 Check Your Head
4 LTI
5 Ill Communication
6 Hot Sauce
7 To The 5- it's not bad, it's just not great.

So anyway i think Hello Nasty has the best, most hectic, most dazzling opening 2 tracks to a hip hop album in history.

SDB with all the bells and sirens and layers i'm still just noticing now, Adrock exploding out the blocks- "50 cups of coffee and you know it's orrn!" the hilarious and legendary "Let me break it down, make no mistake....nothing sounds quite like 8.....0....8!" Then chorus. I remember as a 17 year old getting that album on the day it came out- I nearly dropped my discman with excitement and joy.

Followed by "The Move". I feel this is an underrated Bboys track, easily in my top 10. The lyrical back and forth not seen since PB, dope baseline, masterful scratch break and great opening and ending samples.

Anyway, this 7 minutes or so of sheer joy has helped me remember why I loved this band so much. The fun, the irreverence and their inherint ability to lift us up in tough times- and they are fuckin great tracks!!!

RIP MCA and thank you beastie boys for everything.

Bernard Goetz
06-28-2012, 02:00 PM
Deja view.

pshabi
06-28-2012, 02:27 PM
:confused::confused::confused: