PDA

View Full Version : Eminem Says Licensed To Ill "Changed Rap", He Knows It Back To Front

Lex Diamonds
07-02-2012, 06:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A98BXAkuXO4

Brass Monk
07-02-2012, 09:02 AM
Thx for that. I can't get enough of folks paying their respects.

Tubesock
07-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Here's another interview of him paying tribute to the Beasties.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/327775

Brass Monk
07-02-2012, 02:32 PM
I hope all the LL haters on this board are paying attention to this.

Randetica
07-02-2012, 02:51 PM
im a proud eminem hatar

no LL fan but i dont hate him either

MCA4ever
07-02-2012, 03:36 PM
Not a big eminem fan but it was really nice to hear his sincerely kind words to everyone.

Nothing like throwing a little contention in the mix.

Brass Monk
07-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Nothing like throwing a little contention in the mix.

Yeah, sorry about that. I couldn't resist

MCA4ever
07-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Yeah, sorry about that. I couldn't resist

Yeah from reading that thread, surely seemed like a sore subject. That whole thing really depressed me. That's not at all how we should be treating each other.

No worries ;)

Megalon X
07-03-2012, 12:24 AM

You seem to be a bit of jerk aren't you? I said I didn't like LL and his attitude. But apparently if you don't love everything about every MC that has acted like a huge dick before you are "hating" on them.

BTW, Eminem was obviously trying to distance himself from the Beasties as a white rapper, much like 3rd Bass, with his first commercial album. Would have been nice if it didn't have to take something like this for him to say these things. Just an observation.

Waiting for Brass Monk to tell me to kiss Slim Shady's ass too because he was important. Yeah, like his homophobia didn't elicit a direct diss on a Beastie Boys side-project or anything.

Nothing like throwing a little contention in the mix.Yeah, nothing like doing that on a thread that's supposed to be about showing respect to someone. Good job, Brass Monk. I respond when I'm called out though, so don't blame me for that one.

Micodin
07-03-2012, 01:26 AM
BTW, Eminem was obviously trying to distance himself from the Beasties as a white rapper, much like 3rd Bass, with his first commercial album. Would have been nice if it didn't have to take something like this for him to say these things. Just an observation.

Hey dipshit, Eminem shouted out the Beastie Boys on The Slim Shady LP. He's always gone on record as saying the B-Boys were a major influence on him growing up. He met them at MTV during the TT5b years. And he also shouted them out at last years BET cypher.

Do your homework.

Megalon X
07-03-2012, 06:02 AM
Hey dipshit, Eminem shouted out the Beastie Boys on The Slim Shady LP. He's always gone on record as saying the B-Boys were a major influence on him growing up. He met them at MTV during the TT5b years. And he also shouted them out at last years BET cypher.

Do your homework.

Hey, how's it going with the 3rd Bass street team?

Thanks, but I can think for myself. Saying "Cause they think that I'm a MOTHERFUCKIN Beastie Boy," on a record is not a shout out, you revisionist history writing ass kisser. I'm smart enough to have a thing called a brain in my head, and the reason he had a rhyme like that is because he was paranoid about being a white rapper. Same reason why your boys started off their career dissing the Beasties. Although, I'm sure you tell people "Sons of 3rd Bass" is a shout out too, right?

What he did years later after he made enough money to retire and come back again really isn't relevant to the point I was making. I didn't call him a liar in this instance as far as liking Licensed to Ill or having memorized the whole album.

The Beasties, and most specifically Adrock, did diss him even if they were friendly at some MTV event years later. You can't cover up that fact either. Eminem has skills no doubt, but he reached the apex of his popularity by bashing gays which was eaten up by kids at the time. Lyrics like "And I'll stab you in the head, whether you're a fag or les." I interpret a bit differently having a lesbian best friend. Sorry, I don't care if he had to lie later about it being social parody and do a duet with Elton John over it.

Like LL, not everyone has to like every MC with skills, great lyrics, or whatever else, and some people have good reasons that don't need to be questioned by everyone. I heard a lot of Eminem praising Masta Ace in the past, but I never heard him say the Beasties in particular. If he starts saying that all the time now, I think it's a change. If you don't agree, because you listened to 200 more Eminem interviews, I don't care. I for one stopped listening to him talk at least several years ago regardless.

It's good he said this stuff, but I'd also wish people in the hip hop community would recognize more than Licensed to Ill. It would be nice I think. I understand how important records like Paul Revere, the New Style, etc. are, but that's just scratching the surface of their body of work.

Kid Presentable
07-03-2012, 07:19 AM
I would like to hear artists' takes on HSCpt2.

I just watched the Tribe documentary, for example, and wondered what Tip thought when he first heard a song like 'Tadlock's Glasses'.

Oh well.

RobMoney$
07-03-2012, 07:23 AM

Thanks, but I can think for myself. Saying "Cause they think that I'm a MOTHERFUCKIN Beastie Boy," on a record is not a shout out, you revisionist history writing ass kisser. I'm smart enough to have a thing called a brain in my head, and the reason he had a rhyme like that is because he was paranoid about being a white rapper. Same reason why your boys started off their career dissing the Beasties. Although, I'm sure you tell people "Sons of 3rd Bass" is a shout out too, right?

What he did years later after he made enough money to retire and come back again really isn't relevant to the point I was making. I didn't call him a liar in this instance as far as liking Licensed to Ill or having memorized the whole album.

The Beasties, and most specifically Adrock, did diss him even if they were friendly at some MTV event years later. You can't cover up that fact either. Eminem has skills no doubt, but he reached the apex of his popularity by bashing gays which was eaten up by kids at the time. Lyrics like "And I'll stab you in the head, whether you're a fag or les." I interpret a bit differently having a lesbian best friend. Sorry, I don't care if he had to lie later about it being social parody and do a duet with Elton John over it.

Like LL, not everyone has to like every MC with skills, great lyrics, or whatever else, and some people have good reasons that don't need to be questioned by everyone. I heard a lot of Eminem praising Masta Ace in the past, but I never heard him say the Beasties in particular. If he starts saying that all the time now, I think it's a change. If you don't agree, because you listened to 200 more Eminem interviews, I don't care. I for one stopped listening to him talk at least several years ago regardless.

It's good he said this stuff, but I'd also wish people in the hip hop community would recognize more than Licensed to Ill. It would be nice I think. I understand how important records like Paul Revere, the New Style, etc. are, but that's just scratching the surface of their body of work.

I concur with everygoddamnthing you just said.

Extra Cheese
07-03-2012, 08:28 AM
The Beasties, and most specifically Adrock, did diss him even if they were friendly at some MTV event years later. You can't cover up that fact either.

when did they ever diss eminem? I remember in some interview the reporter felt they dissed eminem and MCA saying something along the lines like, "yeah people think that for some reason but no theres nothing directed towards him". I know from reading the boards that people think that anything resembling a diss is directed at someone the poster doesnt like.

i've read people think MCA's line about getting hits with corked bats was about 50 cuz he had a bat on his album cover. people try stretching anything.

so I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anything you said, just wondering where do you think adrock dissed em?

the most i can recall is him saying his slim shady lp stuff is like fight for your right 2000 on some ignorant tip.

if anything i recall adrock somewhat dissing kanye after the taylor swift incident,,,, but that was a long time ago and i might not be remembering too well.

WesleyOHSnaps!
07-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Not sure why I'm going to get into this debate, but...

Em does have that line about people thinking he's a Beastie Boy which is not a shot out, but then maybe it is to him, but I do remember him saying something about Mike D.

Then when he won a MTV Music Award for the Marshell Matthers album he thanked them in his acception speech.

Then recently before Yauch passed there was that round table rap thing with Yellawolf where Em raps about them again.

And I remember at one point during a TT5B interview the interviewer asked if they heard Em in a sample on a track and MCA says he doesn't think they sample Em. Then they started talking about how good of a song Lose Yourself is.

I'm not in the Emeniem camp, but I'm pretty sure he's never publicly dissed them or has tried to separate himself from them. Nor do I remember the Beasties have ever dissed him.

I feel I'm one who has seen almost every interview from them, but I know I'm wrong so maybe I've missed things.

Two cents deposited.

WesleyOHSnaps!
07-03-2012, 09:05 AM
But I do agree all these tributes are amazing and super nice of people, but I wish they got pass LTI.

Kayleigh2012
07-03-2012, 09:54 AM

That song you quoted there from Eminem was criminal and on that same song he says the words "shit, half the stuff I say I just make it up to make you mad so kiss my white naked ass"

Eminem is my favourite rapper, his music isn't going to be for everyone I understand that and not everyone is gonna wanna hear some of his lyrics but he's not being serious. I've got so many Eminem books, have all his albums and read and listened to hundreds of interviews and I can tell you that Eminem has never said a bad word against the Beastie Boys. All he's ever given them is praise and respect.

JoLovesMCA
07-03-2012, 10:12 AM
But I do agree all these tributes are amazing and super nice of people, but I wish they got pass LTI.

(y) Right! If they are such legends in their eyes then why not speak about their other accomplishments as musicans/humanitarians for three decades!

Anyway, not an Eminem fan either. It's been discussed here long ago. I know he's got a lot of fans around here and I am not one to bash.

I don't think he would dare diss the Beastie Boys. If he did I'd like to know what was said because you see the Beasties might not say anything but other people would breath fire on the man. I wouldn't think he'd be that dumb!

Kayleigh2012
07-03-2012, 10:23 AM
(y) Right! If they are such legends in their eyes then why not speak about their other accomplishments as musicans/humanitarians for three decades!

Anyway, not an Eminem fan either. It's been discussed here long ago. I know he's got a lot of fans around here and I am not one to bash.

I don't think he would dare diss the Beastie Boys. If he did I'd like to know what was said because you see the Beasties might not say anything but other people would breath fire on the man. I wouldn't think he'd be that dumb!

No, he wouldn't diss them because of that reason he hasn't got any reason to diss them as hes a fan of them, agreed though I would be pissed off if he dissed the Beastie Boys but he never has so I aint gonna hate on him

Randetica
07-03-2012, 10:41 AM
You seem to be a bit of jerk aren't you? I said I didn't like LL and his attitude. But apparently if you don't love everything about every MC that has acted like a huge dick before you are "hating" on them.

ja, i dont get why a beastie and hip hop fan has to respect ALL (beastie related) rappers :confused:

and it never been a secret that eminem has a boner for the beasties...

laurie_hammy
07-03-2012, 11:40 AM
I would like to hear artists' takes on HSCpt2.

I just watched the Tribe documentary, for example, and wondered what Tip thought when he first heard a song like 'Tadlock's Glasses'.

Oh well.

Spot on. Its cool that famous artists talk about an love LTI, PB etc but what about Hot Sauce ? I think a lot of big artists that say they are huge Beastie fans aren't being too serious.

Would definitely love to hear some big names opinions of Hot Sauce. Preferably some Hip Hop names.

Micodin
07-03-2012, 12:10 PM

There is one?

Junker
07-03-2012, 12:10 PM

I wish that too. When asked about the Beasties, these rappers always say "LTI was a part of me when I was growing up", "I know it back to front" and bla bla bla....

But seriously, come on guys!!! Are you really saying that you don't know any other BBoys album? For instance, it's unreal never mention Check Your Head as an influential record. It's a fucking revolutionary hip hop album just like Paul's Boutique and LTI were before it. And it's also the album that brought them back in the game after the PB deception.

JoLovesMCA
07-03-2012, 12:20 PM
They always ask the wrong people. Maybe if they asked more actors. A lot of actors seem to be genuine fans. Colin Hanks tweets about Beastie Boys constantly. I started following him on twitter, I forget why but it wasn't Beastie Boys related. Had no clue he liked them. He was talking about them one day just ramdonly and then kept on... way before Yauch died. I bet if you asked him about Hot Sauce he'd have a great answer.

But yeah I agree. I would love to hear people comment more on their other albums. It's always the same old speech on LTI.

Megalon X
07-03-2012, 01:16 PM
when did they ever diss eminem? I remember in some interview the reporter felt they dissed eminem and MCA saying something along the lines like, "yeah people think that for some reason but no theres nothing directed towards him". I know from reading the boards that people think that anything resembling a diss is directed at someone the poster doesnt like.

i've read people think MCA's line about getting hits with corked bats was about 50 cuz he had a bat on his album cover. people try stretching anything.

so I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anything you said, just wondering where do you think adrock dissed em?

the most i can recall is him saying his slim shady lp stuff is like fight for your right 2000 on some ignorant tip.

if anything i recall adrock somewhat dissing kanye after the taylor swift incident,,,, but that was a long time ago and i might not be remembering too well.

Adrock disses him on BS 2000 - Simply Mortified. There's a song on there that's obviously about him. You guys should know this. "He's homophobic but he's got great lyrics." This was right after the Marshall Mathers LP. Who the hell else would that be about? It's a direct response.

Micodin
07-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Adrock disses him on BS 2000 - Simply Mortified. There's a song on there that's obviously about him. You guys should know this. "He's homophobic but he's got great lyrics." This was right after the Marshall Mathers LP. Who the hell else would that be about? It's a direct response.

I know he's racist but he`s got good beats and
I know he's sexist but he's so funny and
He`s homophobic but he`s got great lyrics
What do I do pretend not to hear it
What do I do speak out shut up
It`s disappointing, when you show no respect
I`ll tell you that I`m so let down
And it doesn`t have to be like this see
Let`s just forget what we`ve been taught
What do I do speak out shut up
So much mucho macho interaction
You don`t gotta play the role with me
Cause the beat turns sour every hour on the hour
Why you always feel you always got to have the power

I agree he's probably eluding to Eminem.

But, in all honesty Adam could of been singing about himself circa '86.

This came out 11 years ago. People change their minds and mellow out.

The last time I heard a reporter ask the B-Boys about Eminem they said they thought he dressed nice.

Megalon X
07-03-2012, 02:09 PM
It's a shot at Eminem. I don't know how anyone could say anything else especially if you knew the climate that record was released in. The only one of those lines that could be self-referential is the sexism one, but that's it imo.

And that reference on the Slim Shady LP was completely dismissive. It's not like he was down with them like Dr. Dre or something and had permission to say stuff like that. Some how I don't think he would have said that about Masta Ace or someone else he supposedly respected that wasn't part of his crew.

This came out 11 years ago. People change their minds and mellow out.

The last time I heard a reporter ask the B-Boys about Eminem they said they thought he dressed nice.The Beastie Boys are some of the most down to Earth, amicable MCs in hip hop. They're not going to just go out there and talk shit in front of television cameras. It doesn't mean they're all on his jock like in your fantasy world where all the white MCs you listen to are best friends.

I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to consider people's behavior 11 years ago when they were adults. I'm a head and a fan. I have a right to my own opinions.

ja, i dont get why a beastie and hip hop fan has to respect ALL (beastie related) rappers :confused:The Beastie Boys don't even really have that many acts that are actually associated with them unlike other groups. So no, I don't really understand why everyone has to like everyone with any kind of super loose association.

JoLovesMCA
07-03-2012, 02:43 PM
What Adrock said had nothing to do with Eminem the person, forgot his real name… but it had to do with the way he presented himself as a rapper. Two different people, two different views on life. I get it. But even though I am not a fan of Eminem, it’s his self expression. I guess my response to negative gansta rap etc… would be exactly what Yauch said!! :cool:

Do you think “gangsta” hip-hop is interesting?

I have mixed feelings about it. In a way it is an inherent part of it – that’s what it comes out of– and sometimes that is the most interesting hip-hop around. Music that does come out of that background with some sincerity is interesting. The stuff that Dre and Snoop did and people like Biggie, it’s pretty interesting, but I don’t know… I have mixed feelings about it. I don’t like the idea that violence is being promoted and glorified for kids, but it does make for some interesting music sometimes. –Adam Yauch

Extra Cheese
07-03-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm gonna disagree, eminem never had exclusive rights on homophobic, sexist, ignorant rhymes. Adrock could be talking about just about everyone in hip hop. you're acting as if homophobic material started with eminem.

homophobia was always at the park and clubs chillin with the crew. that corny shit people say that makes up hip hop, bboying, djing, mc'ing, graffiti, you could add gay bashing to it.

as for the lyric on the slim shady LP, that is not a dis at all. Its crazy how anyone can take that as a dis.

Brass Monk
07-03-2012, 03:51 PM

Wow, calm down. It was multiple people and I am not sure how you can take it personal but you have managed to do it!

Brass Monk
07-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Yeah, nothing like doing that on a thread that's supposed to be about showing respect to someone.

If you wanna show respect don't respond with an angry, long-winded rant on said thread (a little hypocritical there).
For the record, I'm not a big Eminem fan. But I appreciate the kind words from him.

Brass Monk
07-03-2012, 04:00 PM
BTW, Eminem was obviously trying to distance himself from the Beasties as a white rapper, much like 3rd Bass, with his first commercial album.

All white rappers try to distance themselves from each other, that's how its always been. But when the dust settles they all always express ultimate respect to the Beastie Boys more than any other (because of course, they deserve it).

Brass Monk
07-03-2012, 04:29 PM

Thanks, but I can think for myself. Saying "Cause they think that I'm a MOTHERFUCKIN Beastie Boy," on a record is not a shout out, you revisionist history writing ass kisser.

That lyric isn't a dis. Its saying since he's a white rapper, people were thinking he's Beastie Boy because they are the most famous whiter rappers. And if my memory is not mistaken he references/perhaps disses 3rd Bass and others in that song, saying something like "nicer than Pete"

There was a story in XXL magazine back in like 04' or something when they both ended up at the same studio for something (MTV's TRL maybe). It recounts Eminem along with D12 visiting the Beastie Boys and bowing down before them Godfather style. There is that one scene in "8 mile" where they are driving in the car with his crew and they are counting off the best rappers and the other white guy in their crew says Beastie Boys and they react condescendingly (at which point I walked out of the theater). But other than that Eminem has been kissing Beastie ass every time he's asked about them.

(I wish I knew how to quote multiple times in the same post, hence all these separate posts, my apologies)

Megalon X
07-03-2012, 05:13 PM
What Adrock said had nothing to do with Eminem the person, forgot his real name… but it had to do with the way he presented himself as a rapper. Two different people, two different views on life. I get it. But even though I am not a fan of Eminem, it’s his self expression. I guess my response to negative gansta rap etc… would be exactly what Yauch said!! :cool:It was straight up exploitation. A monetary decision to feed into the worst nature of people. I just don't buy the excuses. Have you heard all these Bush administration people come out of the wood work to explain that them drumming up homophobia in the 00's was ok because they had gay friends? Definitely a parallel. It had a bad impact on kids when homophobia was pretty rampant at that time and people were literally faced with violence over it on a regular bassis. It fed into a hateful mindset that probably had consequences.

I'm not some politically correct pansy. I listen to Raekwon records about selling crack. I watch Italian slasher movies about killing women. But at that time in history with that much mainstream cultural impact, that was a fucked up thing for him to do. He obviously tried to backtrack on it big time, but I still don't owe him anything as a music listener. Adrock was definitely responding to that whole thing. It was big in the media at the time. That didn't happen in a vacuum.

If other people love Eminem? Great. Frankly, my biggest problem with him is his beats have always been terrible. If he wasn't so in love with his own incredibly generic and irritating production, maybe I would still listen to him. I don't know.

If you wanna show respect don't respond with an angry, long-winded rant on said thread (a little hypocritical there).
For the record, I'm not a big Eminem fan. But I appreciate the kind words from him.This thread had nothing to do with the LL conversation, but you used it to get an extra jab in at the people on a thread that had already died for absolutely no reason. You're the instigator. I wouldn't have said anything negative about anyone other wise, but you got what you wanted. I was going to say stronger words here, but I removed them. If this is the way you operate, then don't address me anymore directly or indirectly.

There is that one scene in "8 mile" where they are driving in the car with his crew and they are counting off the best rappers and the other white guy in their crew says Beastie Boys and they react condescendingly (at which point I walked out of the theater).And that doesn't count, why? The references on the Slim Shady LP are as condescending. He doesn't want to be confused for the Beastie Boys, which is already negative, and he uses the motherfuckin Beastie Boys as an adjective to describe them. He could have said the Backstreet Boys instead and there would have been no difference. Absolutely not deferential.

If there's a difference between what he did for public consumption and what he did in private, I don't care. Like I said, I'm just a fan, not his brother in law. I'm going to judge you primarily by your work.

All white rappers try to distance themselves from each other, that's how its always been. But when the dust settles they all always express ultimate respect to the Beastie Boys more than any other (because of course, they deserve it).Which is still bullshit. If people like 3rd Bass, Eminem, etc. would have not said it about black contemporaries of the Beasties that were as important, they shouldn't say it about them. For the record, the Beastie Boys are easily the least stupid MCs in regards to dealing with race from the perspective of being white in hip hop. The fact others think they had to distance themselves from other white MCs to give themselves more credibility is stupid.

Brass Monk
07-03-2012, 05:20 PM
I

This thread had nothing to do with the LL conversation, but you used it to get an extra jab in at the people on a thread that had already died for absolutely no reason. You're the instigator. I wouldn't have said anything negative about anyone other wise, but you got what you wanted.

Actually the interview is very related to LL. I am not interjecting it, its part of the content this thread is based on. Listen to it! And he correlates the Beasties and LL very strongly, as do I. So clearly there are others with my viewpoint. Everything is an opinion here so just relax

Brass Monk
07-03-2012, 05:31 PM
The references on the Slim Shady LP are as condescending. He doesn't want to be confused for the Beastie Boys, which is already negative, and he uses the motherfuckin Beastie Boys as an adjective to describe them.

Clearly there are many people that disagree with this interpretation.

People dis eachother all the time in Hip Hop, its just not the Beastie Boys. That's just part of it. You gotta take all of it with a grain of salt because I guarantee you its practitioners do. I assure the Beastie Boys do and when someone apologizes, they accept it and move on. Too bad the fans always don't.

In life friends, family and acquaintances sometimes insult eachother and feud with one another. But that doesn't mean they hate each other forever because somebody said something mean about them (some people do, but these are very sad individuals).

Brass Monk
07-03-2012, 05:35 PM
If people like 3rd Bass, Eminem, etc. would have not said it about black contemporaries of the Beasties that were as important, they shouldn't say it about them. For the record, the Beastie Boys are easily the least stupid MCs in regards to dealing with race from the perspective of being white in hip hop. The fact others think they had to distance themselves from other white MCs to give themselves more credibility is stupid.

That's the natural insecure nature of white rappers. I agree with you 100%

Megalon X
07-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Actually the interview is very related to LL. I am not interjecting it, its part of the content this thread is based on. Listen to it! And he correlates the Beasties and LL very strongly, as do I. So clearly there are others with my viewpoint. Everything is an opinion here so just relaxPeople were right, you were trying to interject contention. If it was just an "opinion" you wouldn't be throwing around the term haters. That's inflaming things. The thread had nothing to do with LL. Eminem said he was influenced by him, but he also talked about Masta Ace. But Masta Ace has nothing to do with this thread.

Clearly there are many people that disagree with this interpretation.

People dis eachother all the time in Hip Hop, its just not the Beastie Boys. That's just part of it. You gotta take all of it with a grain of salt because I guarantee you its practitioners do. I assure the Beastie Boys do and when someone apologizes, they accept it and move on. Too bad the fans always don't.

In life friends, family and acquaintances sometimes insult eachother and feud with one another. But that doesn't mean they hate each other forever because somebody said something mean about them (some people do, but these are very sad individuals).But this isn't like that. Sure OK, you could say that about something like Eazy E vs. Dr. Dre, but these people were never "family." For one, I've never seen the Beastie Boys pay respect to 3rd Bass after that bullshit except to Sam Sever. So I don't really have to accept anything as a fan. Sometimes, I listen to people that beef, but I don't feel the need to sugarcoat everything like the disrespect shown was fake like professional wrestling. I respect the people I listen to, and I don't question things they feel strong enough to say on record.

Still think it's strange that it's still only LTI that gets recognition from MCs. I mean obviously that album was extremely important, but after Def Jam, they became even more hardcore hip hop and more underground, never flirting with anything like Fight for Your Right again. You think that would get more recognition, but strangely you'll probalby have to hear it from the rock people or something.

Anyways, I think I said my piece on this topic already.

Micodin
07-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Megalon X is the new Madd Rapper.

Why you mad son?

Megalon X
07-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Megalon X is the new Madd Rapper.

Why you mad son?

Oh so you're back now after I said I was done? Not surprising. Yeah, I'm so intimidated by a grown 45 year old that tries to troll the Beastie Boys forum from his 70 year old mother's basement. Go back to looking at your Marky Mark poster you pulled out of Tiger Beat.

Anyways, if there's any new discussion about the Beastie Boys, I'll respond to that since this is a fucking Beastie Boys forum. Micodin can go post in the 3rd Bass forum if he wants to fume over the fact other people don't ride their jocks. I'm sure that gets a new thread once every five years. And Dust to Dust may go wood in another 30 years. Hold out hope, bro.

Anyways, at least Brass Monk had the decorum to respond to me without childish insults on this thread so if he wants to say something to me in another thread, fine, but you can go fuck yourself.

Micodin
07-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Oh so you're back now after I said I was done? Not surprising. Yeah, I'm so intimidated by a grown 45 year old that tries to troll the Beastie Boys forum from his 70 year old mother's basement. Go back to looking at your Marky Mark poster you pulled out of Tiger Beat.

Anyways, if there's any new discussion about the Beastie Boys, I'll respond to that since this is a fucking Beastie Boys forum. Micodin can go post in the 3rd Bass forum if he wants to fume over the fact other people don't ride their jocks. I'm sure that gets a new thread once every five years. And Dust to Dust may go wood in another 30 years. Hold out hope, bro.

Anyways, at least Brass Monk had the decorum to respond to me without childish insults on this thread so if he wants to say something to me in another thread, fine, but you can go fuck yourself.

You need a personal time out. Some alone time.

Get some chocolates, light some candels, put on some Enya, and take a nice long bubble bath. Enjoy yourself. Relax. You deserve it.

Brass Monk
07-03-2012, 07:23 PM
I would really like to have a civilized conversation with you Megalon, I really would. You seem to know a lot about Hip Hop so I would value what you have to say.

But you take things way too personally. I think the person that commented about me adding contention to the mix was just accurately anticipating that you would fly off the handle.

Was the term LL hater too harsh. I apologize let's change it to people who don't really like LL Cool J. Better?

Brass Monk
07-03-2012, 07:24 PM
For one, I've never seen the Beastie Boys pay respect to 3rd Bass after that bullshit except to Sam Sever.

If they were still bitter at 3rd Bass, I really don't think Yauch would appear on Serch's radio show

Micodin
07-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Hey Brass Monk. If you want to quote more than one item...

Just hit the button furthest to the right. It's looks like a headphone with a + over it.

Just trying to help.

Brass Monk
07-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Hey Brass Monk. If you want to quote more than one item...

Just hit the button furthest to the right. It's looks like a headphone with a + over it.

Just trying to help.

thx

Megalon X
07-03-2012, 07:50 PM
I would really like to have a civilized conversation with you Megalon, I really would. You seem to know a lot about Hip Hop so I would value what you have to say.

But you take things way too personally. I think the person that commented about me adding contention to the mix was just accurately anticipating that you would fly off the handle.

Was the term LL hater too harsh. I apologize let's change it to people who don't really like LL Cool J. Better?

I'd talk to you about hip hop as long as Micodin isn't playing your self-appointed tag team partner with his little bitchy insults. I stopped using internet forums as a way to build up my self esteem when I was underage. I think I'd rather converse with people that aren't still in that frame of mind.

But if you didn't mean to insult anyone with the "LL haters" comment, fine, accepted. I'm over it, and I'm really tired of that subject in particular.

MCA4ever
07-03-2012, 08:33 PM
I'd talk to you about hip hop as long as Micodin isn't playing your self-appointed tag team partner with his little bitchy insults. I stopped using internet forums as a way to build up my self esteem when I was underage. I think I'd rather converse with people that aren't still in that frame of mind.

But if you didn't mean to insult anyone with the "LL haters" comment, fine, accepted. I'm over it, and I'm really tired of that subject in particular.

I'm so happy that you two made up ;) you both seem to know a whole lot and I respect both of you for that. Your devotion to the boys is apparent and that's why we are here. It's cool to disagree (y)

Franci
07-04-2012, 02:23 AM
It was straight up exploitation. A monetary decision to feed into the worst nature of people. I just don't buy the excuses. Have you heard all these Bush administration people come out of the wood work to explain that them drumming up homophobia in the 00's was ok because they had gay friends? Definitely a parallel. It had a bad impact on kids when homophobia was pretty rampant at that time and people were literally faced with violence over it on a regular bassis. It fed into a hateful mindset that probably had consequences.

I'm not some politically correct pansy. I listen to Raekwon records about selling crack. I watch Italian slasher movies about killing women.* But at that time in history with that much mainstream cultural impact, that was a fucked up thing for him to do. He obviously tried to backtrack on it big time, but I still don't owe him anything as a music listener. Adrock was definitely responding to that whole thing. It was big in the media at the time. That didn't happen in a vacuum.

[....]

I agree with you on that... at least if someone is a true fascist (:eek: :rolleyes:) and believes in what he says, in some ways he takes responsibility for his own words.
Saying those things just for controversial or exploitation purposes it's even worse than believing in them

:eek: :D Which ones?!

Swooziemoonshoe
07-04-2012, 06:31 AM
Just on the homophobia theme, it's cool that Frank Ocean has come out. In many sectors being gay is no big deal at all, but in others there are barriers coming down all the time, which is fabulous.

Wonder if Tyler the Creator will keep up the gay slurs now?

Megalon X
07-04-2012, 08:56 AM
:eek: :D Which ones?!

I like Dario Argento and Sergio Martino the most. Edwige Fenech is a nice piece of ass.

Brass Monk
07-04-2012, 11:17 AM
It's cool to disagree (y)

Yep, boards would be kinda boring if everyone agreed on everything ;)

Franci
07-05-2012, 01:34 AM
I like Dario Argento and Sergio Martino the most. Edwige Fenech is a nice piece of ass.

:D ahahahaha