PDA

View Full Version : Andy Murray

Yeti
07-08-2012, 08:27 AM
He will be British if he wins and he will be Scottish if he loses....isn't that the English way? HaHa!

Helvete
07-08-2012, 10:30 AM
What do you mean that's the English way? Is there an English way? What about a British way? Murray doesn't like England anyway, so fuck him.

Guy Incognito
07-08-2012, 11:52 AM
he said a couple of things early in his career that didnt go down too well with some people and he does divide opinion.

Personally, i think since he's the best player Britain has had since WWII if not ever and we should support him bigtime.

HE did ok today but Rog was different gravy today. How he won that 2nd set i do not know. Just class. Murray fought and hung in and saved shitloads of breakpoints but just wasnt good enough but at least he made a game of it.

Adam
07-09-2012, 06:15 AM

Yeti
07-09-2012, 07:52 AM
I was kind of joking but I know that he grew up in Scotland. I have read that there was a divide in opinions regarding him but when I watched Wimbledon it seemed like the UK was behind him 100%. I was kind of being a smartass:eek:

venusvenus123
07-09-2012, 11:18 AM
I kind of knew you were joking. It was kind of funny. :eek:

I made a funny comment about Andrew Murray on Twitter and some woman had a go at me and then unfollowed me :confused:

She's an e-acquaintance so no biggie I guess.:rolleyes:

Yeah the crowd were 1000% behind him, even after he lost.

I was supporting Federer... sorry Andy.

Guy Incognito
07-09-2012, 11:36 AM
i got the scottish joke just annoys me that some people think he's crap but i think actually getting to the final has showed people how good he is. He just came up against the greatest.

icy manipulator
07-09-2012, 08:02 PM
he's undoubtedly the best brittish player probably since fred perry, but he has fuck all chance of winning wimbledon given the players playing atm. he might get lucky and win one of the hard court grand slam but he isn't winning wimbledon anytime soon.

Guy Incognito
07-10-2012, 12:20 AM
he's undoubtedly the best brittish player probably since fred perry, but he has fuck all chance of winning wimbledon given the players playing atm. he might get lucky and win one of the hard court grand slam but he isn't winning wimbledon anytime soon.

i'm thinking about sticking some money on him for the olypmic title at wimbledon

Guy Incognito
09-10-2012, 04:14 PM
^ shit, i just found this thread to cheer murray on in us open and saw this. why the fuck didnt i bet. damn

anyway cmon andy , nearly two sets up, wrap it up soon and i can go to bed

Yeti
09-11-2012, 07:18 AM
I am happy for him because deserved a major. It has been a great summer for Britian.

Guy Incognito
09-11-2012, 10:51 AM
I am happy for him because deserved a major. It has been a great summer for Britian.

yup it has, literally not going to top this summer sports wise. its going to be very interesting in 2016 when there's a public outcry cos we did shit in Rio.

murray was brilliant, it was good to see the improvement, he'd have lost that match a couple of years ago and his general demeanour seems much better and he's a proper legend now in my eyes.

Yeti
09-11-2012, 10:55 AM
A Brit also won the Tour de France. Nice!

Planetary
09-11-2012, 12:08 PM
yeah we're running things.

i stayed up til half 2 to watch yesterday's final, it was one of the best matches i've ever seen, absolutely incredible.

YoungRemy
09-11-2012, 12:27 PM
way to go Murray, way to go UK... what a summer!

a 5 set doozy

Guy Incognito
09-11-2012, 03:00 PM

ah well, watched the bits i missed yesterday. phenomenal.

oh and summer of great sporting achievement is over. England drew at home and only just. footballers been proper shown up this summer in terms of attitude, quality, workrate and the ridiculous sums of money they get.

Hey, I love football and i realise some olympians get paid a lot too, like this thread's subject, but i think some of the efforts put in my olympians and paralympians that it looks like the soccer plays dont really earn it at all. Not same level of commitment.At all. Maybe its the same for american footballers too?

Yeti
09-14-2012, 08:52 AM
Hey, I love football and i realise some olympians get paid a lot too, like this thread's subject, but i think some of the efforts put in my olympians and paralympians that it looks like the soccer plays dont really earn it at all. Not same level of commitment.At all. Maybe its the same for american footballers too?

This is somewhat the same. They are paid HUGE contracts compared to Olympians. There are some NFL football players and professional athletes that are dedicated and others that mail it in. I guess if you can get the money why not? The lifespan of a professional athlete is very short.

Guy Incognito
09-14-2012, 11:22 AM
I guess if you can get the money why not? The lifespan of a professional athlete is very short.

because of the example it sets and the mockery it makes of the olympics.

sure, if its some defensive lineman or left-back who does his bit for the team and fans each week going by rarely noticed, keeps their head down and EARNS their money then yes a big pay cheque is justified.
But when its some big time charlie with a flamboyant attitude and walking round like they are god doing whatever the fuck they like and then whingeing like a big girl if they get dropped for a week then no.

The sums of money that some earn doesnt compute with the short career theory for me.

Some Examples(mainly soccer cos i dont that many us footballers but i am sure there are similar examples):

The good:

Tony Hibbert (LEft back for Everton) - never in papers, always a 7/8 out of 10 each week in the stats, does a lot of charity work and filled the ground at his testimonial match (proceeds to charity) and when he scored in that game there was a pitch invasion and fans were genuinely happy for him and grateful of his contribution.
Clark Carlisle - (Defender, brief time in premier league but mostly lower league sides). earns average footballer wage, now chairman of Professional Footballers Association and is commited to helping his fellow professionals, campaigns to banish racism and turns up on word game quiz shows as a member of general public.

The Bad:

Ronaldo - throwing all his toys out of pram cos real madrid wont up his contract to £500,000 A WEEK!

Joey BArton - say what you like about his so called renaissance, geezer is a thug who has been to prison and still hasnt learnt his lesson.

The UGly -

John Terry - gets paid a lot, was england captain and a massive role model. who shagged his mates missus, tried to get it out of papers, got involved in a racist slur incident and still walked round like he'd won the european cup without even playing.

Michael Vick - do i have to explain?

When you compare all this to someone like Gemma Gibbons who gave up her day job and only had handouts and lottery grants to train for a place in gb olympic judo team to get a silver medal out of the blue and provide one of the moments of the games (youtube it) then it makes footballers look like a big bunch of overpaid primmadonnas.

Sorry for ranting

Guy Incognito
07-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Well played r kid. top match. brilliant stuff

Yeti
07-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Ha! You dug this up? I guess he is British now:D