PDA

View Full Version : Beastie Boys ... The Final Years ( Video )

PORKYS1982
09-16-2012, 07:16 AM
http://vimeo.com/porkys1982/beastie-boys-the-final-years

Beastie Boys ... The Final Years

Adam Yauch : A Tribute To MCA
& The Last Beastie Boys Concert

Directed By Ben Escobedo
Porkys1982

LucieT
09-16-2012, 10:24 AM
again thanx !

I really hope that when yauch "puts his hand in the girls pant" thing was totally acted..like he and the girl both decided to "play" that..and that he was not actually abusing her in front of a camera like "it's fun to abuse girls"...
I mean it is quite confusing...

PORKYS1982
09-16-2012, 10:40 AM
again thanx !

I really hope that when yauch "puts his hand in the girls pant" thing was totally acted..like he and the girl both decided to "play" that..and that he was not actually abusing her in front of a camera like "it's fun to abuse girls"...

I am sure it was all being young and having fun.
I included that because I wanted to show what
a huge change Adam Yauch made from 1987 to
about 1996. I did'nt want to hide anything , I
wanted to keep this video as real as possible.
Keeping it real also included my soft side to ,
with the music that was used.

Ben Escobedo ( Porkys1982 )

LucieT
09-16-2012, 10:56 AM
The fact that you put that in your vid is not confusing, the fact he DID that is...
and I don't think abusing girls is having fun really...

YoungRemy
09-16-2012, 10:24 PM
wow. thanks for pouring your heart and soul into it (cheese included). my photo from the back of G-Son made the cut!

let it go Lucie, they long made up for those wild discretions

Headgotchecked
09-16-2012, 11:59 PM
This is a great video. I wouldn't put too much into the Yauch crotch grab, that crap happens every day in music, hate to say it... but I agree, I think that it DOES highlight that at one point, Adam was was of those seedy music guys and he travelled a long, looong road. It's commendable. It really does drive home the fact that Adam did indeed transform, and made a lot of decisions along the way to become what he eventually became.

Tam_Tam
09-17-2012, 05:03 AM
Dammit Ben. You are legit the shit. How long have I been looking for the full Jimmy Fallon and the Triumph clips? Forever. Of course you would have them.

The pics of Losel and her dad. My God.

MCA4ever
09-17-2012, 06:45 AM
While I was watching all I kept thinking was what a wonderful tribute and how great this would be for dechen and Losel to watch until ... I know it's who Adam was and I really did have an open mind and I know he changed but maybe you could have stopped the clip before the hand reached its destination :rolleyes: I think it would have been just as effective. Except for that, I thought what I saw was a wonderful way to pay your respects to him. it stopped playing about 22 minutes in. Not sure if it is the video itself or my electronics.

Wow Ben how lucky are you to have been so up close with Adam :)

JoLovesMCA
09-17-2012, 10:53 AM
The fact that you put that in your vid is not confusing, the fact he DID that is...
and I don't think abusing girls is having fun really...

Abusing is a strong word. If he was abusing anybody the footage wouldn’t have made into their official home video and she would have pressed charges against him. You make it sound as if he did something against her will. And he didn’t.

And Ben’s video is personal to him. I don’t think he set out to release it to Yauch’s family. Anyway, good job as always Ben! Nice song choices even though it makes me sad as fuck.

LucieT
09-17-2012, 11:23 AM
Abusing is a strong word. If he was abusing anybody the footage wouldn’t have made into their official home video and she would have pressed charges against him. You make it sound as if he did something against her will. And he didn’t.

And Ben’s video is personal to him. I don’t think he set out to release it to Yauch’s family. Anyway, good job as always Ben! Nice song choices even though it makes me sad as fuck.

Actually is was more a question than an affirmation, as I said I hope it was acted...and not some "rock star" thing back in the day when it shocked nobody, when those kind of things were filmed and aired...
Touching somebody genitals against her/his will IS an abuse...if it's not rape...and a lot of people who actually were abused do not necessarily charge the person, especially when it concerns a celebrity...
Concerning Yauch here, well again as I said it's really confusing, the girl said noooooooo in the video if I remember correctly...so it is against her will...
That's why I just hope it was all acted...like they were actually making fun/parodying all the stupid things rock stars( like the Rolling Stones ) did back in time...

All what I am saying is about questioning Yauch attitude in this video...we all know he has changed..and that he IS a great man...that's also why I hardly imagine this "episode" being actually "real"...
Nonetheless I do think this kind of behaviour that he played( or not) has to be taken seriously...

And to finish: all what I said was not in any case concerning Ben, not even the fact that he chose to put this footage in his video...but he knows it...

YoungRemy
09-17-2012, 11:38 AM
ugh. you had 25 years to question the incident or episode. he's gone now.

had you never seen it before?

MCA4ever
09-17-2012, 11:38 AM

Just to clear up any confusion :rolleyes: Ben, I think your video is wonderful. I love seeing and hearing all of the videos you put out here to share with everyone. I do realize that you did not set out to release this to Yauch's family members. I know you only put that in there to show how much Adam grew and you did tell everyone to have an open mind :) the thought I had while watching all the photos and listening to the music in the beginning was just "wow, this would be great for them to have as well." understandably you must get where my comment came from, I hope :) I really appreciate you sharing that and I do know it came from your heart. Thank you.

LucieT
09-17-2012, 11:46 AM
ugh. you had 25 years to question the incident or episode. he's gone now.

had you never seen it before?

Yes I've seen that before on youtube but quite recently maybe in 2009 dunno, whatever, and I was questionning by then...
anyway...

Micodin
09-17-2012, 12:27 PM
Yes I've seen that before on youtube but quite recently maybe in 2009 dunno, whatever, and I was questionning by then...
anyway...

Shut up.

MCA4ever
09-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Shut up.

That was kinda uncalled for, don't ya think? I don't happen to agree with lucie on her take of the situation but she has a right to speak her mind too.

And I really dont think lucie was being negative towards Ben by not understanding something yauch did a whole lifetime ago. We all, I'm pretty sure, appreciated Ben's video for the most part.

LucieT
09-17-2012, 02:07 PM
That was kinda uncalled for, don't ya think? I don't happen to agree with lucie on her take of the situation but she has a right to speak her mind too.

And I really dont think lucie was being negative towards Ben by not understanding something yauch did a whole lifetime ago. We all, I'm pretty sure, appreciated Ben's video for the most part.

(y) and thanks

Micodin
09-17-2012, 02:19 PM

Her going on about Yauch abusing the girl in the LTI video was obnoxious.

If she has the right to troll a thread accusing Yauch of abusing and rape. Yeah, she said the r word. Then I have the right to tell her to shut up.

ps.

Wipe me down.

LucieT
09-17-2012, 02:51 PM
To be clear:

I don't actually accuse anyone of rape ok ?

I was just reporting the fact that it was confusing (to me ), and I do think they were "acting" so no accusation here, not at all...not even "affirmation"...

and I don't even want to argue with that person who call rape "r" word like it should be taboo...

sorry for the inconveniance...

Micodin
09-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Touching somebody genitals against her/his will IS an abuse...if it's not rape...and a lot of people who actually were abused do not necessarily charge the person, especially when it concerns a celebrity..

To be clear:

I don't actually accuse anyone of rape ok ?

sorry for the inconveniance...

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have our revenge.

coreyisking711
09-17-2012, 03:09 PM
ps.

Wipe me down.

^won the argument.

LucieT
09-17-2012, 03:12 PM
yes, I was talking in general! because people here seem to think that abuse is something ok or fun: not a big deal...you'll notice that right after I added: "concerning yauch" as to make a sort of an opposition...or a way to say that the sentence you quoted from me did not concern MCA... but just the fact of "abusing"...

Also I know the Beastie Boys especially Horovitz talked appenely about abuse and rape in festival ( not caused by them abviously , but by some jerk in the audience back in 1999) that it was shut down by the media, so Adrock decided to talk openly about it while receiving an award...
So basically, like you all, I know they position about it... and I know they are anything but jerks thank you !

Oh and the only contradiction I have here is that I am actually arguing with you... anyway...

Sorry Ben , for all this...

Micodin
09-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Oh and the only contradiction I have here is that I am actually arguing with you... anyway...

#FREEBOOSIE

MCA4ever
09-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Her going on about Yauch abusing the girl in the LTI video was obnoxious.

If she has the right to troll a thread accusing Yauch of abusing and rape. Yeah, she said the r word. Then I have the right to tell her to shut up.

ps.

Wipe me down.

Ooops- I missed that. Lucie, they were Outta control a bit back then but I think your just a little confused :(

fonky pizza
09-17-2012, 04:18 PM
I really hope that when yauch "puts his hand in the girls pant"

YOU WISH!!!
:D

dust monkey
09-17-2012, 04:57 PM
I really want to say something but I'm afraid BigFatLove will drive across the country and slap me with a singing telegram toothbrush like that night in the Overlook, so for Ben and the rest I shall just defer to Micodin!!

...and for the record BFL is pretty awesome so don't go getting all silly.

FLO MASTER
09-17-2012, 05:30 PM
the beasties were all about fun! sure, i took what they did seriously but it was for entertainment purposes. i never thought he was violating anyone when he did that. hell, ive done that to girls at parties and never thought it was bad. we take things too seriously in life nowadays. the beasties were meant for fun!

WhoMoi?
09-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Abuse? No.

Exploitation? Yeah.

Redeemed himself? Absolutely...and then some! (y)(y)(y)

Be kind, friends. Maybe try to understand someone's point of view and help them to see it in a different way, especially if the person is distressed by their current view. Win-win, that way.

Micodin
09-17-2012, 06:58 PM
Be kind, friends. Maybe try to understand someone's point of view and help them to see it in a different way, especially if the person is distressed by their current view. Win-win, that way.

Or be sarcastic on some ignorant shit.

Rap Game Harvey Keitel

#FREEMAXB

WhoMoi?
09-17-2012, 07:12 PM
Or be sarcastic on some ignorant shit.

Of course - that's another great tactic for communicating with others whose views/experiences are different from your own.
(^ = me being "sarcastic on some ignorant shit")

Micodin
09-17-2012, 07:27 PM
(^ = me being "sarcastic on some ignorant shit")

Well Played.

Rap Game Nell Carter

#FREEREMYMA

M|X|Y
09-17-2012, 07:51 PM
You Are A King(y)

paperdali
09-17-2012, 09:44 PM
Abusing is a strong word. If he was abusing anybody the footage wouldn’t have made into their official home video and she would have pressed charges against him.

Ooooh, Jo, I have to say that's not a cool thing to say.

Whatever happened in that video, we don't know how that woman felt about what was going on at all, whether she was ok with it, thought it was fine, felt shitty, felt pressured, didn't want to say no to a famous person, was turned on...we don't really know. I'm not going to speculate on this specific thing. But I think it's wrong to say, "she would have pressed charges" as some sort of proof that she was okay with it.

Lots of women who are abused, assaulted, raped, mistreated, etc don't press charges because they're embarrassed or afraid. I don't know if that's the case here. But you know that women don't always press charges. They often don't. If that happened to me when I was in my late teens or early twenties, I'd just be embarrassed, and probably think, "well, I went backstage and so this was my fault."

In my late twenties to now? I would have slugged a dude for any of that shit. Just want to be very clear about that. I don't think you should say that because charges weren't pressed that means everything was cool.

I have a difficult time with this video. They're being absolutely shitty to women. I don't buy the "boys will be boys," shit. They've accepted responsibility for this kind of shittiness.

They were exploiting women as part of their schtick. Adrock even said he'd rather be accused of being a hypocrite than be a zombie forever about this bullshit.

I keep seeing this among fans: sweeping their past under the rug as "boys will be boys" or "it was just an act." I think when we do that, it cheapens their journey.

I think they spent the next twenty years trying to be better men. So I guess even though it's hard to watch, it's kind of a good thing in the end. Their journey from treating misogyny as a joke to...holy shit, Adrock marrying Kathleen Hanna? It makes me feel hopeful about a lot of stupid jerks. O-scope does a great job of picking up films made by women. Mike and Tammy D. They all came through to the other side and walked the walk, while telling other young bands to maybe rethink things, too. Reason #5431 why I'm a fan. The asshats in that video became feminists. That's awesome. Hella journey.

It's also what makes Instant Death so heart wrenching to hear, when Adam is mourning the loss of his mother, that he wasn't able to show her that he learned from her, that he ended up a good man.

Anyway, I'm grateful for all you do, and your contributions. That statement just hit me in the gut.

JohnnyChavello
09-17-2012, 10:13 PM

I keep seeing this among fans: sweeping their past under the rug as "boys will be boys" or "it was just an act." I think when we do that, it cheapens their journey.

Their journey from treating misogyny as a joke to...holy shit, Adrock marrying Kathleen Hanna? It makes me feel hopeful about a lot of stupid jerks.

...he ended up a good man.

I don't think people are sweeping their past under the rug. For me, their "journey" is about a lot more than Adam marrying Kathleen Hanna. I'm sick of every thread being filtered through this lens. Especially one like this. So smug and condescending, too. Stupid jerks? Fuck off.

Oooooh, I'm gonna have to say that's totally not cool of you and I'm gonna need you to admit I'm right. Thanks for your understanding.

MCAadROCKMiKEd7
09-17-2012, 10:21 PM
I think its okay for Lucie to be curious :D

Loved the video :D

paperdali
09-17-2012, 10:30 PM
Well, I'm not going to fuck off.

I'm not really saying anything about them that they haven't said about themselves at that time in their lives.

They said and did shitty things, felt bad about it, copped to it, and made amends. They've written about it, given interviews about it. Makes me proud to be a fan that they came so far.

Their journey has been complex, I agree. Their feminist journey is the thing that's most important to me, individually, as a fan. I'm sorry if you feel like their feminism isn't important. It's obviously been important to them.

I'm not asking Jo to do anything at all, I'm just talking to her about what I think is wrong about her statement. Certainly not calling her a bad person or demanding any sort of apology or even a response from her.

And every thread is being filtered through this lens? Really? I don't think so. The last thread I participated in was about O-Scope, and the one before it was about the shitty legal ads exploiting his child custody arrangement with his wife.

There's been a small handful of threads about this among the hundreds that I've sifted through over the past year or so that I've been reading the board.

Why are you so bothered by people celebrating the feminist aspect of the Beastie Boys' lives and music that a half dozen threads out of hundreds makes you so angry?

JohnnyChavello
09-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Why are you so bothered by people celebrating the feminist aspect of the Beastie Boys' lives and music that a half dozen threads out of hundreds makes you so angry?

It's because I'm a stupid jerk. I think I just need someone like you to tell me what's cool. Maybe one day you can hold out hope for me too.

paperdali
09-17-2012, 10:43 PM
I do. I absolutely hope that one day, you won't be so upset that some people feel a great deal of joy about the Beastie Boys making a huge effort to make women feel safe at their shows and the things they've done and said to honor their female fans. I mean, they're living proof that it's possible that you'll understand that, someday.

JohnnyChavello
09-17-2012, 10:53 PM
I do. I absolutely hope that one day, you won't be so upset that some people feel a great deal of joy about the Beastie Boys making a huge effort to make women feel safe at their shows and the things they've done and said to honor their female fans. I mean, they're living proof that it's possible that you'll understand that, someday.

Don't fool yourself. I'm not upset about any of that.

paperdali
09-17-2012, 10:56 PM
Oh good. I'll cross that off as the #1 thing on my list I was concerned about, today.

Franci
09-18-2012, 02:03 AM

Whatever happened in that video, we don't know how that woman felt about what was going on at all, whether she was ok with it, thought it was fine, felt shitty, felt pressured, didn't want to say no to a famous person, was turned on...we don't really know. I'm not going to speculate on this specific thing. But I think it's wrong to say, "she would have pressed charges" as some sort of proof that she was okay with it.

Lots of women who are abused, assaulted, raped, mistreated, etc don't press charges because they're embarrassed or afraid. I don't know if that's the case here. But you know that women don't always press charges. They often don't. If that happened to me when I was in my late teens or early twenties, I'd just be embarrassed, and probably think, "well, I went backstage and so this was my fault."

In my late twenties to now? I would have slugged a dude for any of that shit. Just want to be very clear about that. I don't think you should say that because charges weren't pressed that means everything was cool.

I have a difficult time with this video. They're being absolutely shitty to women. I don't buy the "boys will be boys," shit. They've accepted responsibility for this kind of shittiness.

They were exploiting women as part of their schtick. Adrock even said he'd rather be accused of being a hypocrite than be a zombie forever about this bullshit.

I think they spent the next twenty years trying to be better men. So I guess even though it's hard to watch, it's kind of a good thing in the end. Their journey from treating misogyny as a joke to...holy shit, Adrock marrying Kathleen Hanna? It makes me feel hopeful about a lot of stupid jerks. O-scope does a great job of picking up films made by women. Mike and Tammy D. They all came through to the other side and walked the walk, while telling other young bands to maybe rethink things, too. Reason #5431 why I'm a fan. The asshats in that video became feminists. That's awesome. Hella journey.

It's also what makes Instant Death so heart wrenching to hear, when Adam is mourning the loss of his mother, that he wasn't able to show her that he learned from her, that he ended up a good man.

Anyway, I'm grateful for all you do, and your contributions. That statement just hit me in the gut.

just because we don't know, isn't this "posthumous trial" quite out of proportion? :confused:

WhoMoi?
09-18-2012, 04:29 AM
I decided to make a separate thread for my post, since it isn't quite on topic anymore.

Ben: Thank you, as always, for making and posting such awesome videos and sharing them with us.

Randetica
09-18-2012, 08:31 AM
what yauch did was clearly wrong and if i was her i would have slapped the hell out of him! well he was young, dumb and probably drunk too.... not been the yauch then that im actually a fan of

i once got touched like that against my will too, it was a guy from another nationality and whenever i see a guy from that country i get the creeps..not that i think that they are all like that over there but it brings back bad memories from a long time ago

CoolAsACucumber
09-18-2012, 08:34 AM
I posted my thoughts on the other thread but in a nutshell...

I don't attribute it all to "boys will be boys' and "it was an act"...regardless, they came off as douchebags in the beginning to many...myself included back in the day.

As they grew, they evolved, they made amends, they became the ladies greatest allies.

I am not sweeping their bad behavior under the rug, but lord have mercy people, they have paid their dues and bringing up Yauch's seediness doesn't honor the man he became. What he became shows that he knew how he acted in the beginning wasn't cool and he didn't his damnest to fix it.

The Beasties of the LTI era do not exist. Time has passed...nuff said.

JoLovesMCA
09-18-2012, 10:27 PM

Well shit, this is what I wanted to avoid. No offense but when people go on about women being victims I get agitated. If there is a war on women it's not here where I live. In a lot of countries women have to dress a certain way, talk a certain way, do and say whatever the man tells them to. American women have it MADE and we retaliate like nobody else. We can drown our children in a tub and have people feel sorry for us. Okay that was bad....

Sorry off topic but anyway I wouldn't allow anyone to touch me that I didn't want to, but if I did allow it to happen then it's my RIGHT. I don't need somebody to tell me I was victimized. If she was then I guess we will never know will we? No need to speculate on and on about it. :) I see how deeply this has affected you and I am sorry you're offended but if I happen to disagree it doesn't mean I support violence toward women.

Namaste!!!!

MCA4ever
09-19-2012, 02:00 AM
American women have it MADE and we retaliate like nobody else. We can drown our children in a tub and have people feel sorry for us. Okay that was bad....

Please do not include me in with your group of "american women"!

JoLovesMCA
09-19-2012, 07:55 AM
Please do not include me in with your group of "american women"!

Did I include you? That was a general statement. Surely people don't automatically think I am speaking on behalf of all American women.

Again this is not something I want to get into because of this, because people want to take something MCA did 25 years ago and spin it out of control. And it's sad he's dead and his memory is being used in such a way.

MCA4ever
09-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Did I include you? That was a general statement. Surely people don't automatically think I am speaking on behalf of all American women.

Again this is not something I want to get into because of this, because people want to take something MCA did 25 years ago and spin it out of control. And it's sad he's dead and his memory is being used in such a way.

Why wouldn't anyone think you were not speaking for "all american women"? That was just a horrible analogy. If you really felt that it was bad, as you said, your "back button" doesn't work? Although another thread was created as not to tarnish Ben's video any further, you still continued to carry this on in this thread. Even after your snide as usual use of the word "anyway..." giving the impression, once again that "you" are the only one here who truly appreciated Ben's video.

I would have thought you, of all the people here, should not be twisting anyone's words. I often wonder where you get these things you come out with. I have tried to be supportive of you. It sometimes honestly feels you will say whatever it takes to have the guys of this board like you, no matter who you have to step on.

While I'm letting it out, you need to stop trying to be Adams spokeswoman. You know not much more, if nothing at all, then the rest of us do. Maybe you may want to also try focusing on Adams life instead of constantly obsessing on his death. Just about every single post you put out here makes me feel just horrible inside.

I'm sure I will be told off, stoned and lose a few friends for saying anything to you and that honestly will bother me but I've been holding it in for awhile. Feel free, as im sure you will, to to tell me off.

TreasureEverywh
09-19-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm sure I will be told off, stoned ...

You said Jehovah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIaORknS1Dk

Are there any women here...?

JoLovesMCA
09-19-2012, 10:33 AM
Why wouldn't anyone think you were not speaking for "all american women"? That was just a horrible analogy. If you really felt that it was bad, as you said, your "back button" doesn't work? Although another thread was created as not to tarnish Ben's video any further, you still continued to carry this on in this thread. Even after your snide as usual use of the word "anyway..." giving the impression, once again that "you" are the only one here who truly appreciated Ben's video.

I would have thought you, of all the people here, should not be twisting anyone's words. I often wonder where you get these things you come out with. I have tried to be supportive of you. It sometimes honestly feels you will say whatever it takes to have the guys of this board like you, no matter who you have to step on.

While I'm letting it out, you need to stop trying to be Adams spokeswoman. You know not much more, if nothing at all, then the rest of us do. Maybe you may want to also try focusing on Adams life instead of constantly obsessing on his death. Just about every single post you put out here makes me feel just horrible inside.

I'm sure I will be told off, stoned and lose a few friends for saying anything to you and that honestly will bother me but I've been holding it in for awhile. Feel free, as im sure you will, to to tell me off.

Oh lord here we go. See this is why I should have just stayed out of this discussion. Look I am not trying to get anybody to like me. If that were the case then I wouldn’t have laid down my religion a 100 times over just to fight and curse and get worked up over shit that pissed me off. And lately yeah I have avoided retaliating because all of the arguing in the past just stressed me out.

I am sorry I don’t happen to agree with all of the females on this particular topic, but you don’t know me or my moral/world views based on a Beastie Boys video discussion. I defend the band as a whole depending on what is being discussed. There are things MCA said that offended me more than the video but I never had any interest in debating that with people because it’s in the past.

You’re reading too much into my comments and you’ve somehow got it in your mind that I was making snide remarks at you when that wasn’t my intention. If I want to specially say something to you I will. I’ve not attacked anybody including you for your opposite view on the topic. I said I respected it but disagreed.

And if I should focus more on his life then you might want to start focusing on Adam’s accomplishments rather than what he did as a teenager almost 30 years ago.

MCA4ever
09-19-2012, 11:41 AM
And if I should focus more on his life then you might want to start focusing on Adam’s accomplishments rather than what he did as a teenager almost 30 years ago. [/FONT][/COLOR]

this is where you are spinning things out of control and blowing things out of proportion. My comment in this thread had nothing at all to do with "what he did as a teenager almost 30 years ago." My comment was about the "R" rated portion of the video AND the thought of the possibility of sharing it with Adams family. Nothing more.

What your views of feminism are, are not my concern. Hell I don't agree totally with 100% of it. I can see some situations for what they are and look pass certain things. But when you attribute all women to a few women who murder their own children, that just crossed the line a bit. Don't you think?

You really are not the only one here who loved Adam and it just gets old when you make it seem that way. You don't have to defend them to anyone here, for the most part ;) I also don't understand your need to keep telling anyone that he is dead. Each time you say that it's like hearing it for the first time all over again. It's painful to hear and I'm sure it must tear you apart as well.

JoLovesMCA
09-19-2012, 12:48 PM
this is where you are spinning things out of control and blowing things out of proportion. My comment in this thread had nothing at all to do with "what he did as a teenager almost 30 years ago." My comment was about the "R" rated portion of the video AND the thought of the possibility of sharing it with Adams family. Nothing more.

What your views of feminism are, are not my concern. Hell I don't agree totally with 100% of it. I can see some situations for what they are and look pass certain things. But when you attribute all women to a few women who murder their own children, that just crossed the line a bit. Don't you think?

You really are not the only one here who loved Adam and it just gets old when you make it seem that way. You don't have to defend them to anyone here, for the most part ;) I also don't understand your need to keep telling anyone that he is dead. Each time you say that it's like hearing it for the first time all over again. It's painful to hear and I'm sure it must tear you apart as well.

I know I’m not the only one who loved Adam and my comments don’t represent me saying that I feel like I am. If you feel that way then I am sorry that you do. I could tell you to stop harping on a lot of shit you’ve posted but I don’t. No need to really. It doesn't bother me to the point where I feel I gotta argue with you about it. Everybody reacts and responds to the news and his death differently. Don’t come at me again about this. Let’s just agree to disagree and let that shit go. Damn man. I express my personal feelings on a lot of yes…too much sometimes maybe… because this is pretty much the only place I can do it at. More and more I’ve been coming to the terms with Adam’s death and compared to 3 months ago I think I’ve progressed well, so don’t please...

I see you’re uncomfortable with various statements stated by the men here and I guess by me now too, well I can tell you that from experience that people are just going to say whatever the hell they want despite what might be deemed right or wrong. Not the answer I know you want to hear so on that note good luck!

Forgot to add, if you want to talk about my views on American women start a thread in the political section, but I will agree on one thing, this thread isn't the place for it.

MCA4ever
09-19-2012, 02:07 PM
I know I’m not the only one who loved Adam and my comments don’t represent me saying that I feel like I am. If you feel that way then I am sorry that you do. I could tell you to stop harping on a lot of shit you’ve posted but I don’t. No need to really. It doesn't bother me to the point where I feel I gotta argue with you about it. Everybody reacts and responds to the news and his death differently. Don’t come at me again about this. Let’s just agree to disagree and let that shit go. Damn man. I express my personal feelings on a lot of yes…too much sometimes maybe… because this is pretty much the only place I can do it at. More and more I’ve been coming to the terms with Adam’s death and compared to 3 months ago I think I’ve progressed well, so don’t please...

I see you’re uncomfortable with various statements stated by the men here and I guess by me now too, well I can tell you that from experience that people are just going to say whatever the hell they want despite what might be deemed right or wrong. Not the answer I know you want to hear so on that note good luck!

Forgot to add, if you want to talk about my views on American women start a thread in the political section, but I will agree on one thing, this thread isn't the place for it.

Silly me, I should have realized that people who have lost all touch with reality can not be spoken to in a rational matter. Don't worry about me saying anything further to you BUT not because you accused me of "coming at you?" but because most of the shit you just said you made up in your head and needs no reply or explanations.

BTW, don't flatter yourself by grouping yourself with ANYONE else here or at being sucessful in trying to find some sensitive buttons to push. What you have said doesn't make me feel even a little bit uncomfortable. Sorry to disappoint. Well, not really.

CoolAsACucumber
09-19-2012, 02:12 PM
I think it's sad that two people who love MCA so much that they would put in their handles would fight like this on a discussion about things Yauch did 30 years ago....

Just sayin'

JoLovesMCA
09-19-2012, 02:18 PM
I think it's sad that two people who love MCA so much that they would put in their handles would fight like this on a discussion about things Yauch did 30 years ago....

Just sayin'

I agree with you. I feel like shit for it. As long as that bitch just doesn’t say another word to me and I avoid the FEMALE power talks I will be fine.

I never wanted to get involved. Told myself not to but here I am. Not again!

TreasureEverywh
09-19-2012, 02:30 PM
As long as that bitch ...

This has nothing to do with me and I don't want to play board police, but, um, easy now. Perhaps this should have gone to PMs a while ago.

beasties#1fan
09-19-2012, 02:33 PM
GEEZ ya'll, can we agree to disagree?
Whats the point of going on and on about something that is in the past.
Why keep bringing negativity on the board!?
Now that Yauch has passed, i believe he would want us remembering and cherishing all the great/positive he put into the world! We got to get together and harmonize!

TreasureEverywh
09-19-2012, 02:38 PM
Nah, we have to go on and on and on and on. Can't stop till the early morn.:D

JoLovesMCA
09-19-2012, 02:46 PM
This has nothing to do with me and I don't want to play board police, but, um, easy now. Perhaps this should have gone to PMs a while ago.

No you’re not the board police… saying I lost touch with all sense of reality got her that remark. Look I was civil as I could be but because I as a FEMALE happened to disagree on the topic some got their panties bunched, some decided that I’m playing nice to please the guys. Fuck no, it’s my God damn honest opinion and I’m not gonna tolerate that shit. Lucie brought the shit up and I’ve discussed it with her as friends without that other bullshit.

And apparently SHIT is my word of the day!

LucieT
09-19-2012, 02:51 PM
GEEZ ya'll, can we agree to disagree?
Whats the point of going on and on about something that is in the past.
Why keep bringing negativity on the board!?
Now that Yauch has passed, i believe he would want us remembering and cherishing all the great/positive he put into the world! We got to get together and harmonize!

yep, I agree, but I think ( I say think not sure) that he'd like people to talk about rape or abuse also.. You all know like me how they are concerned about this and especially how some around them are particularly concerned about it...if only we could talk about it without "bitching" at each other, I understand this is off topic and I think this is why the other thread was made...
For all who are concerned by what Yauch would like us to do, talk or not to talk about...regarding the late statements, from them and from close people to them...he/they definitally want us to understand that what they did during LTI area was "disgusting" (ad rock word)...this is what they tried to show all the rest of their life...I personnally think, that's my interpretation, that they rather like us to talk about it as a mistake/a silly age than "yo that was just fun"... and talking about rape/abuse, well they did before me ...

Edit: they "brought the shit up" before me

JoLovesMCA
09-19-2012, 03:01 PM
yep, I agree, but I think ( I say think not sure) that he'd like people to talk about rape or abuse also.. You all know like me how they are concerned about this and especially how some around them are particularly concerned about it...if only we could talk about it without "bitching" at each other, I understand this is off topic and I think this is why the other thread was made...
For all who are concerned by what Yauch would like us to do, talk or not to talk about...regarding the late statements, from them and from close people to them...he/they definitally want us to understand that what they did during LTI area was "disgusting" (ad rock word)...this is what they tried to show all the rest of their life...I personnally think, that's my interpretation, that they rather like us to talk about it as a mistake/a silly age than "yo that was just fun"... and talking about rape/abuse, well they did before me ...

Edit: they "brought the shit up" before me

Sorry Lucie I meant the original topic, the video....

MCA4ever
09-19-2012, 04:48 PM

All this because she was called out on something shitty she said. So be it. Had she not aroused the moma bear in me, god knows i may have cont'd to sit back and listened to her "woe is me'ing" forever. If i was a "bitch" at all, i could have really brought up some mean spirited facts, and sunk down to her level but i did not. At this point, she's just showing her true colors. Her words don't offend me in the least. Let it roll... Hopefully she will keep her insults in this thread because I will not give her the satisfaction of coming back and reading them. So the last word is all your dear. Or mine... Whatever :)

JoLovesMCA
09-19-2012, 04:53 PM
All this because she was called out on something shitty she said. So be it. Had she not aroused the moma bear in me, god knows i may have cont'd to sit back and listened to her "woe is me'ing" forever. If i was a "bitch" at all, i could have really brought up some mean spirited facts, and sunk down to her level but i did not. At this point, she's just showing her true colors. Her words don't offend me in the least. Let it roll... Hopefully she will keep her insults in this thread because I will not give her the satisfaction of coming back and reading them. So the last word is all your dear. Or mine... Whatever :)

True colors do have a way of shining through!!!!!!!!!!

No more insults coming from the JO camp. You’re on ignore now. Over and out!

Now off to the naked BRITS THREAD!

Micodin
09-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Who you calling a Bitch? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8cHxydDb7o)

U.N.I.T.Y.

paulb
09-19-2012, 05:00 PM
Thanks for putting this together Ben! I love all your compilations, this one sure is tough to watch though, for emotional reasons. Really well done though. I shall be revisiting this tape often as its helping me get in touch with Yauch.

JoLovesMCA
09-19-2012, 05:00 PM
Queen Latifah. ha!

That's one woman I would not mess with.

Micodin
09-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Thanks for putting this together Ben! I love all your compilations, this one sure is tough to watch though, for emotional reasons. Really well done though. I shall be revisiting this tape often as its helping me get in touch with Yauch.

I like this!

Cheers, Paul!

PORKYS1982
09-19-2012, 05:18 PM

Hi Paul ,

Your so welcome. I really enjoyed putting this collection
together , although at times it was very emotional. I am so
glad that you like it.

Thanks for the kind words , Ben ( Porkys1982 )

PORKYS1982
09-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Dammit Ben. You are legit the shit. How long have I been looking for the full Jimmy Fallon and the Triumph clips? Forever. Of course you would have them.

The pics of Losel and her dad. My God.

Hey Tam_Tam ,

I love that Jimmy Fallon stuff too. It was their last
performance for Television.

Thanks for the props , Ben ( Porkys1982 )

PORKYS1982
09-19-2012, 05:26 PM
Ben: Thank you, as always, for making and posting such awesome videos and sharing them with us.

Hi WhoMoi ,

I am so happy and proud to share this
stuff with fellow fans. It is the least I can
do to Honor the Greatest Band To Ever
Walk The Face Of The Earth , The Beastie Boys !

Ben ( Porkys1982 )

JasonP
09-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Choo Choo! This thread is back on track. :D

eargogglez
09-20-2012, 10:10 AM
again thanx !

"I think her name is Lucie but they all call her Loose,
She secretly fantasizes bout MCA feeling her pussy juice!"

eargogglez
09-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Oh yeah, thank you so much PORKYS1982 for all the choice videos you share!:D

dust monkey
09-20-2012, 10:48 AM
"I think her name is Lucie but they all call her Loose,
She secretly fantasizes bout MCA feeling her pussy juice!"

…derailed on eighth and forty-deuce!

YoungRemy
09-20-2012, 11:08 AM
still haven't seen the last 45 minutes. does it show the appearance at Egyptian Theater?

what a classy remark by eargogglez! and this is coming from someone who has facepalmed this entire thread and ensuing one afterwards...

my opinion matters!

PORKYS1982
09-20-2012, 08:43 PM
Choo Choo! This thread is back on track. :D

Hi Jason ,

Yes it is & I am glad about that !

Ben ( Porkys1982 )

fonky pizza
09-21-2012, 06:22 AM
Thanks for this video Porky's(y) it's awesome. You also included my fav video interview with the puppet dog:D I laugh to tears when I see that.(y)

All the best to you!

minton
09-21-2012, 06:46 AM
Nice video. Thanks for sharing.

PORKYS1982
09-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Nice video. Thanks for sharing.

No Problem Minton -
I am glad you liked it !

Ben ( Porkys1982 )

PORKYS1982
09-22-2012, 08:37 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Lo :

I watched this last night. It is so heartbreaking
and touching all at the same time. Part of me
was devastated because watching it made me
remember the incredible human being that is
Adam Yauch is no longer with us. The other
part of me felt content and peaceful because
it beautifully illustrates how Adam grew and
transformed into a person so different and
evolved from the early years of his career.
With his amazing creativity and drive he gave
us so much to hold onto and remember the
Beasties forever through the music, videos,
films, and more. Great job and many thanks
to Ben Escobedo for creating this vid and
so many more.
From Fiorella Tosca ( Italy ) :

dear ben: I do not know thank you
enough for this video ...
is wonderful ...
I was touched in the deep ....
thanks again, all my love for your life!
fiorella!
From Pascal ( France )

Hi, Thank you so much for this
video and the previous ones!
I'm a hudge fan and I wish I
had seen them live when
I had the opportunity....
Keep up hte good work!
Pascal

LilTreyR
09-22-2012, 03:00 PM
From Lo :

I watched this last night. It is so heartbreaking
and touching all at the same time. Part of me
was devastated because watching it made me
remember the incredible human being that is
Adam Yauch is no longer with us. The other
part of me felt content and peaceful because
it beautifully illustrates how Adam grew and
transformed into a person so different and
evolved from the early years of his career.
With his amazing creativity and drive he gave
us so much to hold onto and remember the
Beasties forever through the music, videos,
films, and more. Great job and many thanks
to Ben Escobedo for creating this vid and
so many more.
From Fiorella Tosca ( Italy ) :

dear ben: I do not know thank you
enough for this video ...
is wonderful ...
I was touched in the deep ....
thanks again, all my love for your life!
fiorella!
From Pascal ( France )

Hi, Thank you so much for this
video and the previous ones!
I'm a hudge fan and I wish I
had seen them live when
I had the opportunity....
Keep up hte good work!
Pascal

........ A little arrogance & its a wrap .........

JohnnyChavello
09-22-2012, 03:48 PM
........ A little arrogance & its a wrap .........

Huh?

Brass Monk
09-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Sorry Lucie I meant the original topic, the video....

Great clips Ben. Would have been flawless without the cheesy, extremely un-Beastie power ballads put over the photo montages. But still loved it anyway. The MSG interview where MCA bumps into Run is my favorite part.

Is there a place in your collection where you put the full "Beastie Boys favorite dunks" program?

Randetica
09-23-2012, 11:54 AM
Would have been flawless without the cheesy, extremely un-Beastie power ballads put over the photo montages.

(!)

Bernard Goetz
09-24-2012, 08:15 AM
Yeah, I didn't want to say it, but I'm glad someone did. It's good the disclaimer is there to justify the use of that music, but still...

frank1271
09-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Ben,
This vid is the greatest tribute vid that I've seen yet. My favorite part is the tribute to your mom,I was fine with all the Beastie stuff but when i saw you and your mom it broke my heart,I lost it all. I bet she's looking down at you thinking how proud of you she is. Job well done.(y)(y)

PORKYS1982
09-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Ben,
This vid is the greatest tribute vid that I've seen yet. My favorite part is the tribute to your mom,I was fine with all the Beastie stuff but when i saw you and your mom it broke my heart,I lost it all. I bet she's looking down at you thinking how proud of you she is. Job well done.(y)(y)

Hi Frank1271 ,

Thanks you so much. The most important thing
with this Compilation was to keep it as real as
possible and that included not worrying about if
people got it or not. I really just wanted to not
second guess what people think is cool , and just
let loose and if people like it then that's great. Even
if it made me look foolish to some people , I really
don't care , at the end of the day I did it from my heart.
That is what makes me feel good !

There is a Adrock Line from the song The Scoop :
" You Play It Real Safe And Now Your Shit's Fake "
That line is so true. You have to keep it real
& true Beastie Boys fans will get what I was trying to do
with this Compialtion.

Frank1271 , I am so glad that you
Liked the video. Thanks again for the kind words.
I really do appreciate it !

Ben Escobedo ( Porkys1982 )