Randetica
01-09-2013, 07:54 PM
thats freakin sweet news right there

b-grrrlie
01-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Now that was a brilliant birthday present!!! :D

Guy Incognito
01-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Bitterly disappointing single. Not feeling it. At all.

Freebasser
01-12-2013, 05:33 PM
I love that jangly crescendo but the lyrics are a bit... :/

I'm no Bowie back catalogue aficionado though so it could be his best work yet and I'm just too dumb to realise.

Guy Incognito
01-13-2013, 02:06 AM
I love that jangly crescendo but the lyrics are a bit... :/

yeah, i think the problem with the video is being able to see the lyrics, probably would have liked it more if i didnt have to read the nonsense!

yeahwho
01-15-2013, 09:01 AM
It's too bad about that song. Really disappointing. Bowie laid another smelly egg. Jeez there's just no other way to describe it.

On the bright side though remember Camper Van Beethoven? Well just a few days ago they offered up a new song for free download that has sort of a Bowie vibe but even better it has Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club feel to it.

Without any further ado, the appropriately titled new CVB song,

"Someday Our Love Will Sell Us Out" (http://soundcloud.com/forcefieldpr/camper-van-beethoven-someday)

M|X|Y
03-01-2013, 09:56 AM
i've heard the first 2 songs and the rest of the album is streaming on itunes now. for some reason it doesnt work on my itunes, i think it wants me to upgrade to the newer version but i don't want to, so i'll wait to hear it

anyone listened to it?

Randetica
03-01-2013, 11:42 PM
It's too bad about that song. Really disappointing. Bowie laid another smelly egg.

why another? not that i love EVERYTHING to death that bowie has ever done, im just curious which album/tracks you mean

b-grrrlie
03-09-2013, 07:14 AM
The new album is fantastic! Had to get iTunes just so I could listen to it in advance and I played it constantly the whole week! Loads of references to the Berlin days, not just the first single, but even on the other tracks. Guitar lick here, synth slide there... Wonderful barytone saxophone on acouple of tracks, nice lovesongs to his wife, some young boys in war (that's also been covered in his really early songs).
Got the cd yesterday and it has a few extra tracks. Have to listen to them a little bit more....

Ally Al
03-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Really looking forward to checking this personally

ProfJIM
03-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Everyone above who didn't like "Where are We Now?" are crazy.

In any case, the album is fantastic. At least check it out on spotify if you have the means.

Seriously. People are going to be talking about this album all year. You're going to hear some pretentious hipsters in a coffee shop saying stuff like "it's amazing he can be subversive and relevant at the same time and still sound timeless" and you won't know if if they are full of shit or not. LISTEN TO THIS ALBUM TO BE PART OF THE CONVERSATION.

Ally Al
03-14-2013, 05:09 PM
Everyone above who didn't like "Where are We Now?" are crazy.

I didn't like it as a lead single but its grown on me a lot more since listening to the album

M|X|Y
03-15-2013, 07:58 AM
Seriously. People are going to be talking about this album all year. You're going to hear some pretentious hipsters in a coffee shop saying stuff like "it's amazing he can be subversive and relevant at the same time and still sound timeless" and you won't know if if they are full of shit or not. LISTEN TO THIS ALBUM TO BE PART OF THE CONVERSATION.

the most pretentious hipster i know posted that it's garbage.. if i hadn't already, i'd listen to it with a more sympathetic ear on that alone(y)

LuciferHam
03-17-2013, 11:33 PM
It's a really strong album, probably better than the last couple of albums. It probably is his best album since Scary Monsters... ..to quote the cliche (although I have a soft spot for all his latter day albums especially Outside, Earthlings and Reality).

b-grrrlie
03-20-2013, 02:16 PM
It's a really strong album, probably better than the last couple of albums. It probably is his best album since Scary Monsters... ..to quote the cliche (although I have a soft spot for all his latter day albums especially Outside, Earthlings and Reality).
I quite agree with you there, Lucifer!
I never liked the 80's commercial era (Let's Dance, Tonight, Never Let Me down), and even Black Tie White Noice, Heathen and Hours are rarely spinned on my player. Those three latter that you mentioned do get an occational spin, not as much as anything older than Scary Monsters.

I got the vinyl now as well. The record stores here "accidently" started selling them before they were supposed to, I was there when they got a call from the record company they have to take the records down from the window and walls! There's a cd with the vinyl as well, that doesn't have the three extra tracks that are on vinyl and on the bonus version of the cd. On the Japanese version there's one more track, God Bless The Girl (http://youtu.be/4G6cAfxAm0M).