PDA

View Full Version : Inside Amy Schumer.

WesleyOHSnaps!
06-04-2014, 12:00 AM
Bridget Everett closes out tonight's episode and Adrock is one of her back up dancers.

MrSmiley1
06-04-2014, 12:14 PM
The video of the whole performance is linked within the article.

http://www.stereogum.com/1684706/mike-d-confirms-beastie-boys-are-done-ad-rock-dances-on-inside-amy-schumer/video/

YoungRemy
06-04-2014, 12:34 PM
all lifestyles, sizes, shapes, and forms.

cj hood
06-04-2014, 03:39 PM
I wish they promised Yauch they wouldn't do this shit...

YoungRemy
06-04-2014, 06:13 PM
all you spazzes and you freaks

Brass Monk
06-04-2014, 09:08 PM
This is Kathleen's fault, it has to be.

Michelle*s_Farm
06-05-2014, 03:36 AM
I wish they promised Yauch they wouldn't do this shit...

That is a funny quote almost worthy of a signature.

KENNY GUIDO
06-05-2014, 06:25 AM
That is a funny quote almost worthy of a signature.

This!

WesleyOHSnaps!
06-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Why does everyone take this so seriously? He's just having fun.

Micodin
06-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Why does everyone take this so seriously? He's just having fun.

Because they're a bunch of crabs.

Mr. Juice
06-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Filet mignon is not a side dish.

fonky pizza
06-05-2014, 09:32 PM
I can't see the video!!

cj hood
06-06-2014, 04:19 AM
I can't see the video!!

Stop bragging...

fonky pizza
06-06-2014, 07:20 AM
who the fuck are you^

Put up a video that I can watch with no fuckin viacom shit!

YoungRemy
06-06-2014, 11:34 AM
baha no one cares if you don't like Bridget Everett.

she's such a super nice and funny person, in person.

and her on stage persona is just an even BIGGER version of her awesome self.

Brass Monk
06-06-2014, 09:31 PM
baha no one cares if you don't like Bridget Everett.

You cared enough to type that, so you kinda do care.

fonky pizza
06-07-2014, 07:32 AM
I'd care looking at this video, and am probably one of the few able to enjoy steak house dancing?
if some of you guys have it in another form that is not bloked by viacom copyright bla bla bla?:D
Or give me a description, is there any boeuf bourguignon moves involved too?

btw, I am vegetarian.:)

WesleyOHSnaps!
06-07-2014, 12:41 PM
I'd care looking at this video, and am probably one of the few able to enjoy steak house dancing?
if some of you guys have it in another form that is not bloked by viacom copyright bla bla bla?:D
Or give me a description, is there any boeuf bourguignon moves involved too?

btw, I am vegetarian.:)

Can't you just google search Adrock and Bridget Evertt on Inside Amy Schumer?

dirtydan11
06-07-2014, 04:09 PM
who the fuck are you^

Put up a video that I can watch with no fuckin viacom shit!

This IS signature worthy! btw the link didn't work for me either :eek:

Documad
06-07-2014, 04:15 PM
I didn't see it (I've never seen the show at all). If it's the most recent show, then it's apparently going to be aired again on Sunday night.

fonky pizza
06-09-2014, 07:02 AM
hey, thanks for the replies, I'm glad I'm not alone wanting to watch dirty dancing :D

pm0ney
06-09-2014, 07:05 AM
Stop bragging...

This. If Adrock is allowed to do whatever he wants and put it out on a public platform then I'm allowed to say what I think about it. This whole shtick is cringe worthy and easily the most embarrassing thing one of the boys has ever been a part of. Why couldn't he call up one of the guys from the Wu Tang Clan and say "hey Rza lets make a record?"

fonky pizza
06-09-2014, 07:14 AM
of course you can dislike it! but the more it's uncomfotable for you the more I am curious to see this! :rolleyes:

Micodin
06-09-2014, 07:56 AM
Why couldn't he call up one of the guys from the Wu Tang Clan and say "hey Rza lets make a record?"

Did you listen to 8 Diagrams? RZA produced it and that shit was horrible. Even Rae and Ghost hated that record.

YoungRemy
06-09-2014, 10:23 AM
it's so obvious to see who is annoyed here, the hip hop purists who just can't wrap their heads around why he would DARE do something so embarrassing and cringeworthy.

going as far as to place "fault" on his significant other.

smh.

Micodin
06-09-2014, 10:52 AM
it's so obvious to see who is annoyed here, the hip hop purists who just can't wrap their heads around why he would DARE do something so embarrassing and cringeworthy.

smh.

There's some truth to this...

But, I think I'm the odd man out. 70% what I listen to is hip-hop. I make hip-hop beats. I'm in a hip-hop group. Most of the DJ sets I'm booked for are hip-hop. I love hip-hop.

That being said, I feel like Mike and Adam have earned their right to do whatever the fuck they want. If they want to do branch out and do some 'weirdo shit" or do a passion project I'm all for it. I might not buy it, go to the show, or watch the video. But, I feel they should do whatever they want and not what we want.

For two guys that have been in the same band from high school to their late 40's, I think they earned the right to do whatever feels right to them. That's been pretty much their steeze since forever anyways. Side projects between records. BS200, Country Mike (!?!?), Brooklyn, Latch Brothers, remixes, some guest features.

Would I rather hear Mike and Adam rap over some gritty hip-hop beats than the Bridget Everett & Champagne Jerry shit? YES! Obviously.

But at the end of the day they should do whatever project that feels right to them.

Maybe they are bored of hip-hop and rapping right now? They have been active in the hip-hop game longer than most. Sometimes it's better to just let the past be the past and move on and grow as artists.

You don't have to love what they are doing right now, but being a crab and whining because they aren't doing what you want them to do is just not the move. Let them be them.

Jay said it best. "Hov' on that new shit, nxxxxs like "How come?" Nxxxxs want my old shit, buy my old albums.

sharonm
06-09-2014, 02:10 PM
This whole shtick is cringe worthy and easily the most embarrassing thing one of the boys has ever been a part of.

YEP!

cj hood
06-09-2014, 02:36 PM
This. If Adrock is allowed to do whatever he wants and put it out on a public platform then I'm allowed to say what I think about it. This whole shtick is cringe worthy and easily the most embarrassing thing one of the boys has ever been a part of. Why couldn't he call up one of the guys from the Wu Tang Clan and say "hey Rza lets make a record?"

Word life.

I've done standup with Amy...she's great! Everett is neither funny nor talented. I don't know why anyone would want to work with her. I'm talkin on the professional tip...not personal.

JoLovesMCA
06-09-2014, 04:55 PM
What the hell.

Bridget girl can you sissy it up a little more. Watch some Rupal's Drag Race. Anyway, I’ve been watching her stuff just because I want to support Adrock…but usually I just sit and stare. She’s not funny and I don’t get why so many people think she is.

But I agree Adrock should do whatever pleases his little heart. He’s dedicated most of his life to hip-hop and if he can’t make it with the Beastie Boys....well then I guess this is it. It sucks, but as long as he’s happy then I’m happy.

I don’t think Adrock’s part in the video was too bad. I thought the Yoko video was a lot more silly than this.

MCScoobyT
06-09-2014, 06:44 PM
Neither of them have really done anything that's more then lending support to artists friends of theirs... so far. Even the Mike D fashion show track was because the designer knew one of his friends, right? So I'm going to just chalk it all up to friends supporting friends, which would have happened if MCA was still with us or not.
Maybe the only thing that might not have happened was that west coast Tender Moments show because hopefully the Beasties would have been on the HSC world tour at that point, but ya...
Until either one releases something that is completely they own project/group/band, I don't have any crits of them on their friends shizz. Heck, I don't think I would of ever heard of Bridget, Jerry, Kenzo, or that Ono track, if they weren't the Boys friends (wack or not)

pm0ney
06-09-2014, 08:11 PM

smh.

I think you're analyzing this a little bit too much. I'm far from a hip hop purist. The last five albums I bought were Crystal Castles, London Grammar, Haerts, Daft Punk and Robyn. But I don't have to justify my musical credentials to you. Sometimes people just think shit is wack. I think Bridgett Everett is avante garde bullshit. Singing Justin Timberlake's "my love" (which is a great song) in a bra and panties while Adrock reads TI lyrics on a cell phone? I'm sure there is a "wink wink elbow" inside joke in there amongst friends but to Joe Schmo (ie me) it's wack.

Documad
06-09-2014, 08:24 PM
I thought it was funny. I'd go see more of her live show.

I wish she had a better voice though.

Michelle*s_Farm
06-10-2014, 04:26 AM
I think you're analyzing this a little bit too much. I'm far from a hip hop purist. The last five albums I bought were Crystal Castles, London Grammar, Haerts, Daft Punk and Robyn. But I don't have to justify my musical credentials to you. Sometimes people just think shit is wack. I think Bridgett Everett is avante garde bullshit. Singing Justin Timberlake's "my love" (which is a great song) in a bra and panties while Adrock reads TI lyrics on a cell phone? I'm sure there is a "wink wink elbow" inside joke in there amongst friends but to Joe Schmo (ie me) it's wack.

You are not a hipster? ;)

abbott
06-10-2014, 07:05 AM
watched Inside Amy S. 5 am this morning thanks to cable on demand.

I watched it while reading the news.

I like how the 2 back up dancers are in perfect synchronization.

I like how Ad Rock does what he likes.

I might watch Amy S. again.