PDA

View Full Version : Adrock Of The Beastie Boys - 2014

PORKYS1982
08-13-2014, 09:20 PM
Adrock Of The Beastie Boys - 2014

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=635740346533015&set=a.330136690426717.77641.100002911651182&type=1&theater

martijn
08-14-2014, 02:41 AM
Why is this even posted here? i don't get why people would want to photograph him while he is walking with his kid... This stuff belongs on a crappy site like TMZ

kanderer
08-14-2014, 07:06 AM
I think the point of Ben's post is not "hey, look at Adrock's kid'" but "hey Adrock HAS a kid." Nothing wrong with sharing that. And good news for Adam and Kathleen most importantly.

WesleyOHSnaps!
08-14-2014, 03:10 PM
Adrock has a kid?

abbott
08-14-2014, 07:36 PM
i loved seeing this photo

i know its wrong that i feel that way

I showed the whole family and my girls loved it

i have no idea whats going on, but i loved it

thanks for letting me in on things i have no business knowing and yet i am thankful i know.

PORKYS1982
08-14-2014, 07:57 PM
If it is true & Adam has a kid now , I am so happy for him.
He seems like he would be a great father. I posted this
photo of Adrock because this is a Beastie Boys message
board , I liked the photo & wanted to share it. Anybody
reading more into it is just looking to start trouble.
Just be happy for Adrock !

abbott
08-14-2014, 08:44 PM
If it is true & Adam has a kid now ,

oh it is obvious this is Ad Rock's kid

beasties#1fan
08-14-2014, 11:02 PM
Adrock has a kid?

No

camo
08-15-2014, 03:43 AM
If it is true & Adam has a kid now , I am so happy for him.
He seems like he would be a great father. I posted this
photo of Adrock because this is a Beastie Boys message
board , I liked the photo & wanted to share it. Anybody
reading more into it is just looking to start trouble.
Just be happy for Adrock !

It is a little bit creepy though. The dude is shopping with a child, not being a Beastie Boy at that moment. It is quite disrespectful of his privacy so I can side a little with the folk that don't like to see this kind of thing.

No

How do you know that?

PORKYS1982
08-15-2014, 05:33 AM
[QUOTE=camo;1815220]It is a little bit creepy though. The dude is shopping with a child, not being a Beastie Boy at that moment. It is quite disrespectful of his privacy so I can side a little with the folk that don't like to see this kind of thing.

I do see your point. I am still really proud & happy for him though. Big Time !

WesleyOHSnaps!
08-15-2014, 08:23 AM
No

You know this because???

Sir SkratchaLot
08-15-2014, 08:41 AM
It is a little bit creepy though. The dude is shopping with a child, not being a Beastie Boy at that moment. It is quite disrespectful of his privacy so I can side a little with the folk that don't like to see this kind of thing.

I do see your point. I am still really proud & happy for him though. Big Time !

I don't know if you're a parent or not, but it's more about the privacy of the child than his privacy (if it even is his child.) He may not want photos of his child posted on the internet. In my opinion it's pretty bad form to post pictures of somebody else's child on the internet without their parent's consent.

Kid Presentable
08-15-2014, 09:42 PM
Congratulations to him, but sharing his kids pic on the net is probably not the ideal move.

beasties#1fan
08-15-2014, 10:37 PM
Ok supposedly adam and Kathleen adoped- coming from Yauch's ex Aura. Saw this all on Facebook... This is kind of huge news... Thought he was just babysitting. I really don't know what to believe

Kid Presentable
08-15-2014, 10:44 PM
Ok supposedly adam and Kathleen adoped- coming from Yauch's ex Aura. Saw this all on Facebook... This is kind of huge news... Thought he was just babysitting. I really don't know what to believe

Oh good. There's a gossip network and you're tapping into Yauch's ex girlfriend as a resource.

beasties#1fan
08-15-2014, 10:49 PM
Oh good. There's a gossip network and you're tapping into Yauch's ex girlfriend as a resource.

Yeah idk man. Not saying I believe it or even agree with Adams privacy being talked about. Honestly don't know if I can 100% believe Yauch's ex, but I'm telling you guys that's where people are believing it's his.

Kid Presentable
08-15-2014, 11:01 PM
Safest to just take it at face value. It's either his kid or he's a very, very committed uncle. Gossip and sources with tenuous historic links to the personal lives of a deceased musician, it's just really low class. Especially for a band which has never been of the 'celebrity' ilk which encourages celebrity worship.

So many mediocre glory grabbers coming out of the woodwork after MCAs death, trying to use any connection to this band to elevate themselves out of irrelevance.

EDIT: not a shot at Ben FYI

beasties#1fan
08-15-2014, 11:15 PM
Safest to just take it at face value. It's either his kid or he's a very, very committed uncle. Gossip and sources with tenuous historic links to the personal lives of a deceased musician, it's just really low class. Especially for a band which has never been of the 'celebrity' ilk which encourages celebrity worship.

So many mediocre glory grabbers coming out of the woodwork after MCAs death, trying to use any connection to this band to elevate themselves out of irrelevance.

EDIT: not a shot at Ben FYI

Yeah your last point very true. It's not one of his niceses or nephews..I know that, unless his sister Hannah had a kid recently. Other than that it's a friends. Just weird to me that Yauch's ex would leak this kind if personal information to the fan base, especially if adam and Kathleen wanted to keep it on the private side. Nothing's really adding up.

Micodin
08-16-2014, 06:58 AM
This thread is getting pretty damn creepy.

abbott
08-16-2014, 08:22 AM
If ad rock has a cigar in his mouth we could argue if it was his or if it belong to someone else. But regardless if he bought it, grew it and rolled it or got it from me. I would say it was his.

If ad rock took my girl shopping just the 2 of them, I would refer to my girl as ad rock's girl.

Pretty cool ad rock is shopping with kids

Anyway for the recored no one here posted this original photo, They just shared public info on the web

I will let you all know the exact details when ad rock tells me himself.

YoungRemy
08-16-2014, 09:11 AM
stop proliferating celebrity gossip on the internet.

someone, somewhere, makes money off of clicking those links and photos.

Brother McDuff
08-16-2014, 12:06 PM
this thread is gross. and here i thought we were all here to celebrate beastie boys music. you can give them all the kudos you want, whatever you have to tell yourself to feel better about it, but it really doesnt mean shit because they never shared this information with you in the first place. if they wanted your opinion they would have made something public, and the fact that they didnt means they specifically wanted privacy. its a blatant disrespect, and whether youre happy for them or not doesnt validate a thing.

if someone stomps on my foot, and then immediately compliments me on my footwear afterwards, im sure as fuck not flattered.

abbott
08-16-2014, 09:31 PM
this thread is gross. and here i thought we were all here to celebrate beastie boys music. you can give them all the kudos you want, whatever you have to tell yourself to feel better about it, but it really doesnt mean shit because they never shared this information with you in the first place. if they wanted your opinion they would have made something public, and the fact that they didnt means they specifically wanted privacy. its a blatant disrespect, and whether youre happy for them or not doesnt validate a thing.

if someone stomps on my foot, and then immediately compliments me on my footwear afterwards, im sure as fuck not flattered.

you know there should be a bbmb admin person that deletes post on this sight that invade peoples personal space.

also Ad Rock should hire a better PR person to tell him that he was making a public announcement when he walked down the street with his kid.

thank God your here to police this shit until that happens

and thanks for judging people.

3stooges
08-17-2014, 12:21 AM
I think a person that wants to get into show business knows there are aspects of it that are like this. If you are going to have your videos played on tv, and perform in front of thousands of people, you are going to be recognized in public. And people are going to wonder what you are like. That's just human nature. He has been experiencing this since Licensed To Ill. That doesn't mean the famous person likes it, but it pretty much comes with the territory. If you accept the deal, you are taking the bad with the good. It's been going on long before the internet and long before the band ever existed.

pesto pizza
08-17-2014, 03:39 AM
Adrock Of The Beastie Boys - 2014

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=635740346533015&set=a.330136690426717.77641.100002911651182&type=1&theater

thanks for the pics
I thought they were nice,whats all the beef?
its way of the world now,deal with it
I do understand every point but its all getting a bit extreme

kanderer
08-17-2014, 09:31 AM
The self-righteousness of this thread is what's gross. Jesus. If you're a fan of this band, you know that the guy's had some seriously tough times in his life. He apparently has a child now, which is one of the most joyous events in a man's life. With that, he's a public figure choosing to live in one of the most populated places on the planet. The "news" that he's apparently got a kid now was revealed via a photograph that someone shared with a group of people, that, presumably, may be interested in that fact. Stop judging people for posting a photo that anyone can find via a google image search.

YoungRemy
08-17-2014, 10:57 AM
I'm just curious if that's the way he wanted the info to be released or confirmed, from Sunny Bak or an ex girlfriend of Yauch, on some guy's facebook page.

the paparazzi rarely bothered them for 30 years- I always admired them for staying out of the spotlight like that and wondered how they did it. I mean the minute you walk out your apartment you are in the public eye, yet we never saw "man on the street" style ambushes of these really humble down to earth dudes. now that it's "celebrity with kid" it's open season on Adrock? there's a whole movement in Hollywood to keep kids out of pictures like that. every once in a while you see a photo of Mike D at the beach with his family or something but it was pretty rare.

look it just seems creepy as hell.

my main problem as stated in my other post is the revenue being created from this. the photographers, websites, photo agencies- they are all making money off this.

and facebook for us clicking that link.

pm0ney
08-17-2014, 12:21 PM
The self-righteousness of this thread is what's gross. Jesus. If you're a fan of this band, you know that the guy's had some seriously tough times in his life. He apparently has a child now, which is one of the most joyous events in a man's life. With that, he's a public figure choosing to live in one of the most populated places on the planet. The "news" that he's apparently got a kid now was revealed via a photograph that someone shared with a group of people, that, presumably, may be interested in that fact. Stop judging people for posting a photo that anyone can find via a google image search.

I thoroughly agree with every word of this post.

Congratulations to Adrock, I think that's great news and it personally made me genuinely happy to see one of my idols with a kid. Awesome.

Brother McDuff
08-17-2014, 02:59 PM
in hindsight, my previous post was a bit dramatic and misdirected. i apologize to anyone i may have offended. i have no qualms whatsoever with any folks on these boards and it is certainly never my intention to attack people. i just have a strong distaste for celebrity gossip and sensationalism and was a bit put off finding that element creep into this thread. sorry for bringing the negativity into your thread, PORKYS.

Bro McD

Lyman Zerga
08-17-2014, 10:46 PM
nice shoes

beasties#1fan
08-18-2014, 12:43 AM
wow adrock is a dad

camo
08-18-2014, 02:27 AM
Adrock has a kid?

No

Yeah idk man. Not saying I believe it or even agree with Adams privacy being talked about. Honestly don't know if I can 100% believe Yauch's ex, but I'm telling you guys that's where people are believing it's his.

wow adrock is a dad

Wow! You're confusing.

Also, the Yauch ex thing is creepy. I'm taking it that you follow them on Facebook?

Especially for a band which has never been of the 'celebrity' ilk which encourages celebrity worship.

Exactly buddy. That's one thing that has boded so well with me. I'm interested in the music, the culture and no more. Always have, always will. I find it unsettling how folk need to know every single aspect...apparently it's called 'Celebrity worship syndrome' and is an obsessive-addictive disorder in which a person becomes overly involved with the details of a celebrity's personal life.

This also isn't a pot shot at Ben. The guy needs knighting for his videos.

JoLovesMCA
08-19-2014, 05:47 PM
The photos originally came from SPLASH news. I know because I obtained them as I do a lot of photos for my gallery. I had feelings on whether or not to post them and I should have stuck with my gut and just keep them to myself. Adrock hasn't said anything which tells me he isn't too mad...but for now on I'm not posting anything that makes me stop and say hmmmm because it's pissed off too many fans.

Adam has been in this business for years though. I am sure he will be fine as long as nobody is putting words into his mouth!

Always have, always will. I find it unsettling how folk need to know every single aspect...apparently it's called 'Celebrity worship syndrome' and is an obsessive-addictive disorder in which a person becomes overly involved with the details of a celebrity's personal life.

We rarely see these guys. Adrock I believe rarely gets bothered by the pap. He and Mike lead a pretty normal lives. Not that following them around everywhere is acceptable but just sayin we probably won't get anything like this for a looooooooooooong time. And I'm fine with that!

abbott
08-19-2014, 09:19 PM
in hindsight, my previous post was a bit dramatic and misdirected. i apologize to anyone i may have offended. i have no qualms whatsoever with any folks on these boards and it is certainly never my intention to attack people. i just have a strong distaste for celebrity gossip and sensationalism and was a bit put off finding that element creep into this thread. sorry for bringing the negativity into your thread, PORKYS.

Bro McD
love

beasties#1fan
08-20-2014, 11:43 PM
Wow! You're confusing.

Also, the Yauch ex thing is creepy. I'm taking it that you follow them on Facebook?

\

I was figuring it out. Now I know

camo
08-21-2014, 09:03 AM
I was figuring it out. Now I know

Oh right, I see (y)

PORKYS1982
09-06-2014, 09:47 AM
New Adam Horovitz - 2014

Adrock At the “ No No : A Documentary ” Premiere
He Did The Score For The Movie

https://www.facebook.com/BeastieBoysVideos/photos/a.132507986901318.29568.129432663875517/355418361276945/?type=1&notif_t=like

dave790
09-06-2014, 08:37 PM
I don't think anyone should be posting pap-style pictures of Adrock with his kid.

On another note, I love Adrock (y)