Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Sure Shots (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   ARTS THREAD (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=59276)

Waus 12-13-2006 08:26 PM

Re: ARTS THREAD

Quote:

Originally Posted by beastieangel01
seriously?

I feel like I need to clean up the lines a bit on the right hand side of the jacket. And the white area below him, wasn't sure whether to do a light wash of gray or leave it white.

Mostly it was a rough idea but hey if it works, it works :) thanks.

Well, I think that piece would be great if you did scan it, but then left in some of the textures and just made a few vector lines. Basically I'm saying don't fill in the parts that weren't filled in (if you didn't already). The closure that the viewer makes on it is more valuable than if it were just described for you.

Bob 12-13-2006 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beastieangel01
I used myself as a reference, yes.

i think they make hair growth medicine for women now, i can look into it for you if you'd like :eek:

beastieangel01 12-13-2006 08:52 PM

thanks Beck. The input is appreciated.

BOB IT ISN'T FINISHED YET :mad: :mad: :p

Waus 12-13-2006 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beck
Well, I think that piece would be great if you did *scan it, but then left in...

Oops.

beastieangel01 12-13-2006 08:59 PM

I understood what you meant :)

Waus 12-14-2006 03:25 AM

New wallpaper.

(actual size is 1280x1024)

beastieangel01 12-14-2006 10:42 AM

that's pretty fantastic (y)

koolBASD 12-15-2006 07:00 AM

rebus

It was the summer.It took me nearly 2 hours.

FloorK 12-15-2006 11:48 AM

I love this Morcky Piece (y)

So ugly and so cute

Audio. 12-15-2006 05:56 PM

test spray

Audio. 12-15-2006 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freebasser

reminds me what we are gonna paint in venice beach

Audio. 12-15-2006 06:00 PM

had to contrast to show you the detail of my foto

FloorK 12-15-2006 06:04 PM

nice (y)

My favorite sketch by Matt Sewell, I love his work.

Audio. 12-15-2006 06:53 PM

thnks:)

Audio. 12-15-2006 07:04 PM

Dorothy Wood 01-06-2007 06:50 PM

hey, how do you make those stencil things? they look so rad.

here's my newest poster. I hated it at first, but now I kind of like it. we'll see how it scans up. my hand is tired from cutting.

(!)

na§tee 01-06-2007 07:38 PM

oooooh i see how it is both 1900s and feb 5 - i see what you did there! clever! pretty.

question: when you make a poster, is it only one? i mean, posters normally go up in dozens or hundreds or whatever, and it would be a hell of a job to do numerous copies of what coolness you've just shown. it is just one that it displayed in the club or what? WHAT GIVES DOROFY! :cool:

what band was coming to glasgow again that you wanted me to see with my own two eyes so i can touch their bodies? we have a band here that i keep on seeing advertised everywhere called the 1990s and every time i think "oooh that might be sark... ohwaitaminute, it isn't" :(

now i see it i am thinking maybe this 1900s thing of yours is a club/night rather than a band.

my head hurts. i've drank one bottle of white wine.

Dorothy Wood 01-06-2007 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by na§tee
oooooh i see how it is both 1900s and feb 5 - i see what you did there! clever! pretty.

ah! ha ha, that's not supposed to be a 5! I'm not so clever afterall :(

actually, they have a "residency" coming up at that club where they play every monday with different bands in february. and they scan my poster and take it to the printer to make multiples. when they get famous I will sell the originals for thousands!!!!!!

I need to learn how to make actual prints, they look nicer in the end. ah well.

Dorothy Wood 01-06-2007 07:58 PM

oh, and I'd rather not mention that band that went to europe in public, as I was semi-dating the bass player, but we've been on the outs since I saw him at a bar in between tour dates and he told me that someone called him a "womanizer", and then he said, "I'm not though, am I? I like you, I still want to take you on dates." and then I was like :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure he's an alcoholic anyway. so, I can't be bothered.

na§tee 01-06-2007 07:59 PM

ah, i thought all the bands were on feb 5th at first glance - now that would have been reason to boast "yah i intended that all along" to anyone who saw it! shit damn. you should just remove all the bands that aren't playing on february 5th. we sees an opportunity! :cool:

or you could just be like "yah the revolution is starting on feb 5th - see what i did there? i'm INSERTING IT INTO YO CONSCIOUSNESS!"

edit: oh i can't touch someone who's touched sarky! :( maybe next time! oh my flatmate is doing an american tour in a couple of months time. you should touch him! he's gay though so you probably wouldn't like touching his ass. but i can give him a present to give yoooouuu!

Dorothy Wood 01-06-2007 08:03 PM

nice! maybe I should take credit for that one. or maybe MY SUBCONSCIOUS WAS PLANNING IT THE WHOLE TIME?!

ya ya, I love the gays! and I love presents!

drizl 01-07-2007 12:58 AM

nice dorothy...i have heard good thigns about schubas, never been tho

Dorothy Wood 01-07-2007 09:34 PM

la la la, I decided I hated that poster, so I changed it. The round orange balls, that font, and the beige-cum-pink were making me puke. somehow it looked 90's to me. and there were too many different fonts for my taste. meh.

anyhow, new and improved:

fuck, I still don't like it. OH WELL. :( there's just too much text to deal with, there's nothing I can do about that. stupid bands and their stupid long names. hmph.

na§tee 01-12-2007 07:03 AM

do you think..

i am being way too nerdy to think of buying the poster of this?

na§tee 01-12-2007 07:05 AM

this one too (sorry, SIZE!)

Otis Driftwood 01-12-2007 07:13 AM

OOoh, someone has discovered eboy from Berlin. Yoo, I love 'em. Kids love 'em. They're great. I like the cityscapes and masked persons best.

I did this when I was still in love with myself... Now it's only about sex...:rolleyes:

Dorothy Wood 01-12-2007 12:53 PM

FINAL. I'm kinda not so happy with the color, but it looks better in person I hear.

abcdefz 01-12-2007 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood

FINAL. I'm kinda not so happy with the color, but it looks better in person I hear.

I like this one. (y)

Dorothy Wood 01-13-2007 01:42 AM

oh hey, thanks a-z.

I drew a pickle

roosta 01-13-2007 09:55 AM

i drew a zombie