Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Sure Shots (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   ARTS THREAD (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=59276)

Dorothy Wood 02-23-2009 03:56 PM

Re: ARTS THREAD

I like the new purple reflected, but I think it could stand to be muddled. I can't think of the real word. you know, add a cast of a complimentary color to tone it down a bit. just a little.

and I like the original font and the square corners better, but that's just me. I dun like curved fonts. too bulbous.

also, I meant to say I think it's a neat design too. don't mean to be only critical. :)

beastieangel01 02-23-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood (Post 1650024)
and I like the original font and the square corners better, but that's just me. I dun like curved fonts. too bulbous.

that made me think of the font in the first one, I think if he were to go with that style font instead, it should be a bit heavier in weight (bold-ness).

Oh and the purple I think is the same purple as on top. Though I can see what you mean that it might be popping out a bit too much because the contrast...interesting.

And yes overall I think it rocks too :D

Waus 02-23-2009 04:29 PM

Hey thanks for all the feedback guys!

I liked the rounded edge font, but I was trying to get Bauhaus Std. - but for some reason only "bold" and "heavy" are available when I load it in Photoshop.

If you liked that one, here's one I made for my friend Mike, who's starting a new portfolio site. I literally just sent this to him today, in the same vein as the one I was doing for myself. He made the cityscape.

fucktopgirl 02-23-2009 04:38 PM

^ nice work!!

Here some Iceberg art.

fucktopgirl 02-23-2009 04:39 PM

Waus 02-24-2009 03:01 PM

This is the sort of thing I do at work.

First scene of a project I'm working on, just a test render to see if they like the way it comes together.

http://www.wausonline.com/video/car_test_h264.mov

mate_spawn_die 02-24-2009 03:47 PM

the "abstarct phantom" poster is wonderful! great job!

the change of font and colors is much better than the first

i love it

Freebasser 02-24-2009 05:24 PM

First typeface is best.

Good job on the kerning (y):p

Dorothy Wood 02-24-2009 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waus (Post 1650032)

I liked the rounded edge font, but I was trying to get Bauhaus Std. - but for some reason only "bold" and "heavy" are available when I load it in Photoshop.

you should be able to stretch and/or squat the text however you want in photoshop though, it makes it more natural if you're going for vintage.

I personally altered the size and shape of each line of text on this piece of crap. I wanted to do more, but I had to crank it out quick and there was just so much text (I was forced) to include (they orginally had even more!) that there was no way I could make it as sleek as I wanted.

doesn't look so good on the computer machine, but it looks pretty rad printed 11x17. except for all the text. damn those words. damn them to hell.

Waus 02-25-2009 12:28 AM

I guess I could have gone in and changed the text to paths and tried to slim it. Honestly, since it's for nothing but my own enjoyment - and probably won't even be on my portfolio site - I just wasn't willing. I might still try to get the font to work correctly, it's something like the font used in this incredible ISO50 piecehttp://www.merchline.com/iso50/produ...lay.5522.p.htm I'm a fan of.

I like the big text up top on your 'Required Reading' poster! :)

Dorothy Wood 02-25-2009 12:48 AM

whoa, there are some cool prints on that site. I like thissa one

as for the font sizing I was talking about, I meant using the little doo hickeys that let you change the scale and what not. I'm not actually sure if you can change the thickness. I really don't know much about using computer stuff. I've only just started teaching myself.

Quote:

I like the big text up top on your 'Required Reading' poster! :)
and thanks for that, I cut the letters out of legal pad paper and scanned them. (y)

Waus 03-02-2009 03:45 PM

New iso50 style poster.

I'm just trying to come up with ways to be productive right now. All the brushes I used on this are brushes I scanned/formatted for my company to sell.

faz 03-04-2009 03:11 PM

My new portfolio currently in progress

Waus 03-09-2009 03:08 PM

I've been doing some of the ad competitions on zooppa. I know this isn't really fine arts, but more commercial art - but maybe someone might be interested.

Waus 03-10-2009 05:07 PM

I went all out on this one. Retro futurism!

Audio. 03-10-2009 05:26 PM

I use to drink those brands of soda for a while but not often. Mostly they just come in small quantities than big brand sodas like coca-cola.

like the posters, keep them coming!

ericlee 03-13-2009 03:39 AM

fuckin sweet bro.

funk63 03-24-2009 06:05 PM

random stuff I made on paint.

taquitos 03-24-2009 08:06 PM

nice ones funk (y) paint is the best.

funk63 03-24-2009 10:25 PM

Hell yeah I was on dex when I made them.

DandyFop 03-25-2009 04:23 AM

I enjoy making flyers..

I am a photoshop novice, so it's not bad for me

funk63 03-25-2009 07:27 PM

That's pretty awesome. You should of gone with "Time to get Raped" though.

Audio. 03-26-2009 12:40 AM

I like the flyer. I dont know but its does have thise appeal of humor and the I dunno part I think comes from unsure of ummm huh... I forgot where I was going with this. Um so yeah lol I like the flyer. :)

Nice stuff too Funk. I feel like messing around on paint.

Audio. 03-30-2009 07:15 PM

aaaw what great I had in gaming these past two months in street fighter. I finally caught myself working once again in very very long delayed work I had during January but I couldnt finish it because well, been dedicated into SF4 and of course school.

Well I'm not done but I started to make Akuma. So far that is my concept of Akuma. I just dont know. I want him to be terrifying. I want this scene to be like tale of David vs Goliath. But I dont know... I feel like Akuma need more contrast to make him you know part of the element of being a dark character.
Well, I just need your advices. I need some ideas to make this Akuma become beastly.

here is a bigger view

na§tee 04-05-2009 04:44 PM

Jiberish 04-08-2009 12:55 AM

This thread has some really awesome stuff. I love the drawing right above this post.

This is a cartoon "music" video I did. I made the beat and stuff too. Check it out. If you feel up to it, let me know what you think.

http://vimeo.com/3691297

peace,

JB

ET 04-08-2009 01:40 AM

Hah, that's pretty humorous.

I just did a sketch but I feel like I could do more if I make it into a bigger work. Na§tee said I should post more of my stuff so here we go...

it's a photo, not a scan

kaiser soze 04-14-2009 02:31 PM

Very nice, digging the color and mood - is it from a model, photo, or from out of nowhere?

Here's a felted block I made for my kid. It'll be a great tool in teaching him how to spell his name and colors

fucktopgirl 04-14-2009 02:42 PM

^That very cool, you are talented.

kaiser soze 04-14-2009 02:46 PM

pffft, it's just wool and a needle! But thanks!

now cutting glass and making pics with it takes a hell of alot more talent!

;)